PS VITA Could not connect to the Network Error

DarkLordSHTR

9 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

I'm getting the same thing. I can sign in and out of PSN and sync trophies, but I can't open the store to download any games.

I got it to work by switching the DNS to OpenDNS instead of the default or Google.

WiFi > advanced settings > DNS

Primary: 208.67.222.222

Secondary: 208.67.220.220

• Like 1

That's normal, sometimes that happens. Right now I'm on my Vita. The online is running perfectly for me, and I'm in a tornado watch rain storm. It could be your router then. Try unplugging it and having it restart, or try turning off the Vita and turning it back on. Usually those types of issues affect Filthy Hackers on Vita and PS3 because they keep trying to spoof PSN into thinking they are running legit firmware.

Potentially unrelated, but I got an error message on the PS3 late last night UK time (it's currently 6.26am here) when I tried to use the PS Store saying that it was down for maintenance. Trophies and online play were unaffected for me.

If it's just the store, they might be doing overnight maintenance.

1 hour ago, anthonymorta_9 said:

Then Sony is doing maintenance or "Lizard Squad is back", Lol.

Or it could just be a regional thing.

*cough* Leafy *cough*

Just checked my Vita reading this and I got the same error code. For me I’m getting the message “The connection to the server or device has been terminated.” For some reason everything else is fine except for the PlayStation Store.

14 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

There's nothing to worry about... Vita will go down when the other PlayStations will go down...

Sony couldn't give a fuck less about the Vita anymore. It's all about the upcoming PlayStation 5...

Ironically they keep shoving out updates for the Vita, probably to keep hackers and those who use homebrewing software to allow multiple accounts on one Vita system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Sony couldn't give a fuck less about the Vita anymore. It's all about the upcoming PlayStation 5...

Ironically they keep shoving out updates for the Vita, probably to keep hackers and those who use homebrewing software to allow multiple accounts on one Vita system.

PSP is still online though. And it's not "probably", it's been confirmed, it broke some hacking-related stuff.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

The PS Vita has been giving me connection errors for the past year. It doesn't connect well with my router. But I was able to get it working by using my laptop as a middle-man and creating a hotspot connection. The free software I use is called Connectify.

1. After installing the Connctify software on a laptop, launch it and give it access to the router.

2. Start the hotspot, and wait for it to appear under the PS VITA's nearby WIFI connections.

3. Connectify will provide a generated password to type in on the VITA in order to connect to the hotspot.

This should allow you to access the PS Store and play online. It has a 60 minute time limit before it needs to be restarted.