Death Stranding Reviews

Ghost

Will you be picking up Death Stranding on release?  

600 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be picking up Death Stranding on release?

• Yes
    • No
    • Later on
    • Will get it on PC

Went with "Later on" myself, only because the digital copy is a bit much for me for release day price.  And with my disc drive being a pain at times, I'd rather go digital (don't want to be playing the physical version and all of a sudden my PS4 spits the disc out as I'm playing it).

But I still am interested in the game regardless.

I only watched a little bit of Yong Yea's review this morning before work. For the most part it's a walking simulator where you have to manage your inventory layout and have to constantly watch the way you control your character to avoid falling over and damaging your cargo.

I've got to admit that on the face of it this sounds extremely unappealing, the gameplay footage I watched months ago looked average. It's only the narrative and world Kojima has created that has me intrigued.

This one is going to split the audience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

Again with this, reviews are shit but you know the game will be epic - feeling.

I think it's going to differ on you, the player. This game isn't for everyone. And it's going to be the player's responsibility to figure out if this game is for them or not. Without relying on critics to answer that for them.

It's time for you to think for yourselves! Prove you can act with independent thought! Love the game, hate the game, I don't give a shit. But experience it with your own eyes; not someone else's.

• Like 3

Had really no interest in this game based on previous trailers, but after Skill Ups's and YongYea's reviews, this looks like something I should experience.

It's amazing what Kojima can do, especially when not handcuffed by Konami.

Edited by rotoninja
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Honestly... Breath of the Wild is a dull, simple game that makes up for it with it's inventiveness in its open world and "the journey".  

sort of off topic i guess... but thank you. i get what they were going for with BotW but my fucking god they needed real dungeons and unbreakable weapons. 

BotW has room to grow with its sequel(s). 

i see the same for Death Stranding. Has tons of potential. but until i myself play it, i cant give any opinion. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

sort of off topic i guess... but thank you. i get what they were going for with BotW but my fucking god they needed real dungeons and unbreakable weapons. 

BotW has room to grow with its sequel(s). 

i see the same for Death Stranding. Has tons of potential. but until i myself play it, i cant give any opinion. 

Well, I bring up Breath of the Wild since I think Death Stranding is going for something similar in it's "the open world IS the gameplay" approach and reviewers are picking up on it.  But it's a clear example of two similar games being treated differently because of who made it.  IMO.

Of course, I've yet to play Death Stranding so maybe it is lacking something that BotW had.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1