Ghost

Death Stranding Reviews

Will you be picking up Death Stranding on release?   600 members have voted

  1. 1. Will you be picking up Death Stranding on release?

    • Yes
      230
    • No
      159
    • Later on
      204
    • Will get it on PC
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

239 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Not getting it as from the countless gameplay videos/reviews I have watched I just know it's not for me. An interesting observation from this thread though is that some people are looking at IGN's review and saying that they're 'paid shills' just because they don't like the score, when they themselves blindly praise the same game calling it a 'masterpiece' even though they haven't even touched it. I didn't expect YouTube comment section level of discussions here in PSNP but I'm still new here so I guess there's that lol. I'm actually curious about what people's final thoughts about this game are going to be once they finish it and the hype has died down. 

 

You're taking the easy way out by making up people to defeat. 

Read IGNs comment section for the DS review. Pay attention more to the folks calling the review bad because it lacked information, doesn't follow IGN's supposed standards, and compare it to other IGN reviews.   Their complaints are not blindly praising DS or even mentioning it directly. They are calling out the review for being poorly written and incomplete.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much respect to Kojima for making something new, it looks amazing I'll admit that but the gameplay is probably the most boring thing I have ever experienced. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, back to citing IGN's review, because they're the only reviewers in the game.

This is such an embarassing game of back and forth. I'd rather deliver packages in a fictional video game world than read reviews about why the game is or isn't for me.

But then again, I value my own opinion.

Edited by Valyrious
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Valyrious said:

I value my own opinion.

 

I hear ya, bro. Somebody's got to.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 9:57 AM, Neef-GT5 said:

Critics are not unanimous but all seem to agree on how innovative Death Stranding is, on how it is unlike any other game ever released. This deserves to be stressed out.

 

Not sure if I will ever play it as I'm generally not a Kojima fan but it's important to praise people who actually bring something to the media, explore new ways, develop new ideas and new mechanics instead of just endlessly surfing on existing concepts.

 

So – thank you Mr. Kojima, and please keep it up :-)

 

Completely agree! The ign review in particular just seems bleh :D But I will pay the game if only to experience a something really different :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care about the game but I find it funny when people say reviews don't matter !!! But will gladly say look this games getting 10/10... Despite being the same exact review company that gave the review that doesn't matter. Its all good when the games you want get 10/10 or 9s but god forbid someone disagree.

 

As for me I won't be buying it. I don't hate it, I just rather play other games or buy other games. For those playing I hope you enjoy it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

 

You're taking the easy way out by making up people to defeat. 

Read IGNs comment section for the DS review. Pay attention more to the folks calling the review bad because it lacked information, doesn't follow IGN's supposed standards, and compare it to other IGN reviews.   Their complaints are not blindly praising DS or even mentioning it directly. They are calling out the review for being poorly written and incomplete.  

What you said doesn't even make sense. How do people that have not even played the game as much as the reviewer has, be able to say the review was bad because 'it lacked information'? The review touched upon the story elements, core gameplay mechanics and the online components quite well. And with regards to review standards and how this review for DS should be compared to IGN's other reviews, I feel like people just bring these points up in order to move the goalposts as they see fit. When a game they've been highly anticipated of gets a resounding 10/10 score, they don't question the quality of the review nor compare it to the quality of other reviews made by the same reviewer. But when it's the other way around, people grab their pitchforks and say this and that without actually even giving the review itself much thought. So I'm actually curious why you think IGN's review was poorly written and incomplete? What should they have included and talked about DS to make it not poorly written and incomplete? Because unlike IGN's Days Gone review (which even though I somewhat agree with the score they gave), this review for DS really seemed to give you a great idea of what you're getting yourself into.

 

Now with regards to this thread, I mean just look at the earlier posts.... Like seriously? People calling IGN's review of DS being influenced by politics...? 🤔

 

To be clear, I'm not hating on the game. I'm more annoyed at the ridiculous comments from BOTH sides. People saying this game is hot garbage/the next coming of Jesus even without playing it for themselves. I'm not playing it because like I said I just know it's not for me, but I don't go out of my way saying this game is garbage when clearly its far from that since a lot of reviews have been very positive. Just pointing out what I've observed about the polarising reception towards this game. 

10 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

I don't care about the game but I find it funny when people say reviews don't matter !!! But will gladly say look this games getting 10/10... Despite being the same exact review company that gave the review that doesn't matter. Its all good when the games you want get 10/10 or 9s but god forbid someone disagree.

 

As for me I won't be buying it. I don't hate it, I just rather play other games or buy other games. For those playing I hope you enjoy it. 

Couldn't agree more, and I share your sentiment 

Edited by PostGameBlues
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

What you said doesn't even make sense. How do people that have not even played the game as much as the reviewer has, be able to say the review was bad because 'it lacked information'? The review touched upon the story elements, core gameplay mechanics and the online components quite well. And with regards to review standards and how this review for DS should be compared to IGN's other reviews, I feel like people just bring these points up in order to move the goalposts as they see fit. When a game they've been highly anticipated of gets a resounding 10/10 score, they don't question the quality of the review nor compare it to the quality of other reviews made by the same reviewer. But when it's the other way around, people grab their pitchforks and say this and that without actually even giving the review itself much thought. So I'm actually curious why you think IGN's review was poorly written and incomplete? What should they have included and talked about DS to make it not poorly written and incomplete? Because unlike IGN's Days Gone review (which even though I somewhat agree with the score they gave), this review for DS really seemed to give you a great idea of what you're getting yourself into.

 

Now with regards to this thread, I mean just look at the earlier posts.... Like seriously? People calling IGN's review of DS being influenced by politics...? 1f914.png

 

To be clear, I'm not hating on the game. I'm more annoyed at the ridiculous comments from BOTH sides. People saying this game is hot garbage/the next coming of Jesus even without playing it for themselves. I'm not playing it because like I said I just know it's not for me, but I don't go out of my way saying this game is garbage when clearly its far from that since a lot of reviews have been very positive. Just pointing out what I've observed about the polarising reception towards this game. 

 

I didn't say the commentors were reviewing the game in the comment section.

I said the commentors were saying the review was done poorly when compared to IGN's review standards and other IGN reviews.

 

It isn't saying their opinion or score is wrong.

People are saying the way they expressed their views and opinions do not come off as professional.

 

I did say I was referring to a particular set of comments not the lazy, ez defeats you keep bringing up. 

 

To be clear, I'm not even talking about the game when how bad the IGN(just the English one. Naturally, people with an agenda ignore the other IGN reviews) review is.

Polarizing, where? There's only 2 negative reviews on the game, a dozen middle ground, and 50+ being positive. that isn't polarizing. That is better than average for any new release.

 

Edited by TJ_Solo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

 

I didn't say the commentors were reviewing the game in the comment section.

I said the commentors were saying the review was done poorly when compared to IGN's review standards and other IGN reviews

 

But you said the comments were pointing out how the review lacked information. How can you as someone that has not played the game as much as the reviewer had say that?

 

I get what youre saying in how the review itself is pretty informal but they tend to do that a lot these days. But I mean a lot of the reviews up on YouTube are just as informal. I think the wonderful thing about games journalism is that it doesn't have to take itself so seriously all the time and honestly a bit of informality can make a review much more interesting and engaging to pay attention to instead of your typical run-of-the-mill, cut and dry serious reviews. 

 

 

20 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I did say I was referring to a particular set of comments not the lazy, ez defeats you keep bringing up. 

 

And I said how those comments youve been referring to are linked to these 'ez defeats' (what does that even mean?) you say I keep bringing up. You can't make a comment criticising the quality of the review saying it lacked information and was incomplete without linking it back to the game. And DS is polarising enough for a highly anticipated triple A game. It's gaining a lot more traction and discussion in the gaming community since it's treading new ground in the industry. 

 

 

Edited by PostGameBlues
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think this debate follows the rules of debate. It seems to lack information, and isn't up to the standards of other debates on psnprofiles. It's just generally done poorly.

 

Debate defeated, in EZ fashion, no less!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mediocre debate, I rate it a 9 out of 10.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving the game so far, only thing I need is either a gun for BTs or pampers cuz they have me shiting. 😂

 

Graphics, sound, gameplay, story and characters are top level, just need a bit more action.  So far it's in the 8-9/10 bracket. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is one thing clear, I’ve never cared about where I put the steps I take in a game, until this one.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I purchased this game day one.

 

I haven't read any of the reviews good or bad (not even on this thread with the exception of voting).

 

I am looking forward to playing this game tonight and catch up with all the media people does put out and match my impressions with the theirs.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The more I play Death Stranding, the more I love it. Just finished Episode 2. The feeling of exploration is like no other game I've played. When I'm heading off to a new area that's currently off the grid, I feel like a proper trailblazer. 1f604.png It's so cool how you and other people online can create your own paths to the different cities/outposts using ladders, bridges, etc. Not in specific locations the game tells you to, but you can place these things pretty much anywhere you want. That's a level of interactivity I've never really seen in an open world game like this. It gets super tense whenever you encounter the BT's, especially early on in the game when you're defenceless and have sneak past them while holding your breath. 1f605.png

 

I can understand why this game isn't for everyone, but it's far from boring in my opinion. I'm not one to cloud my judgement of games with "hype" and I was always quite skeptical of this game before its release, but I'm happy to say that I'm enjoying it a lot! 1f601.png

 

Do you know if the game prioritizes the buildings your friends have made or if it's completely random? Using structures made by people from your friends list would be nicer than those made by complete strangers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

Do you know if the game prioritizes the buildings your friends have made or if it's completely random? Using structures made by people from your friends list would be nicer than those made by complete strangers.

 

As far as I can tell, it's just random. I haven't seen any structures/messages from anyone on my friends list show up yet. It would be nice, though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to see any game get review-bombed. Makes me mad :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal review currently almost done with chapter 3

gameplay 4/10 it’s the same stuff over and over but I keep playing because I’m very interested how the story will end.. being a completionist doesnt help either to get this one 100%😓 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

The review is only good for people that formed a negative opinion of the game so they have 1 review to support their pre-exsiting feelings. You're a good example. 

Or you know, it could be good for people that were actually undecided on the game? Mate, I'm not sure where you got the impression that I had negative 'pre-existing feelings' about this game when I watched/read almost every review out there good and bad to see if it's going to be a game for me. 

 

And say what you want bud, with regards to a triple A game, this game IS polarising enough. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Or you know, it could be good for people that were actually undecided on the game? Mate, I'm not sure where you got the impression that I had negative 'pre-existing feelings' about this game when I watched/read almost every review out there good and bad to see if it's going to be a game for me. 

 

And say what you want bud, with regards to a triple A game, this game IS polarising enough. 

To 1 reviewer...polarizing. Yup, proper English.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the game's first announcement I've been hyped for this game, but user reviews online almost made me not buy this game.

On one side we have comments like "game of this generation", which is... an overstatement after one day of playing the game, no doubt. On the other side we have hundreds of 0/10 "unplayable boring mess" which is pure stupid rage without any constructive criticism. There's almost nothing in between. So... I decided to buy the game anyway and test it myself.

I'm REALLY enjoying Death Stranding. The story and the world are exactly my cup of tea, even though the plot could use fewer hammered expositions. I was afraid of the "hiking" part of the game, but it's really fun and full of surprises.

People cringe at the sound of names like "Die-Hardman", but for me it's so silly it's obviously a wink from Kojima. Even the product placements are so on the nose, you just can't be mad. I even bought myself a Monster Energy drink IRL just for silly immersion.

This game IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY. I think after seeing a few youtube videos you should already know whether you'd enjoy it or not.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 1:26 PM, Fr_0zt said:

Loving the game so far, only thing I need is either a gun for BTs or pampers cuz they have me shiting. 1f602.png

 

Graphics, sound, gameplay, story and characters are top level, just need a bit more action.  So far it's in the 8-9/10 bracket. 


You can piss on the BTs.

Seriously.

8 hours ago, NarcissusBaz said:

Since the game's first announcement I've been hyped for this game, but user reviews online almost made me not buy this game.

On one side we have comments like "game of this generation", which is... an overstatement after one day of playing the game, no doubt. On the other side we have hundreds of 0/10 "unplayable boring mess" which is pure stupid rage without any constructive criticism. There's almost nothing in between. So... I decided to buy the game anyway and test it myself.

I'm REALLY enjoying Death Stranding. The story and the world are exactly my cup of tea, even though the plot could use fewer hammered expositions. I was afraid of the "hiking" part of the game, but it's really fun and full of surprises.

People cringe at the sound of names like "Die-Hardman", but for me it's so silly it's obviously a wink from Kojima. Even the product placements are so on the nose, you just can't be mad. I even bought myself a Monster Energy drink IRL just for silly immersion.

This game IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY. I think after seeing a few youtube videos you should already know whether you'd enjoy it or not.


Ur9WlY0.jpg

Yeah, me too. Just one though.

Perhaps Sam needs energy drinks because of how boring he is going through his own life? Woohoo, now I sound like all the other mooks that are calling the game boring!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.