Terra and levels to beat him

DjusPS

Hello all, 

I have completed borderlands 2 in normal and TVHM, I am level 50.

I did not beat terramorphus yet, and I cant seem to beat him with my current weaponery.

I am wondering if I should start playing in UVHM to level up a bit (let's say 55, with looted 55 guns) and then go back to normal mode.

Will he spawn in normal mode at level 55+ ? or will he stick to level 52 ?

Edited by DjusPS

Terramorphous caps out at Lv52 in both Normal mode and TVHM but in UVHM, he will cap out at either Lv72, Lv80 or Lv88, depending on if you have all 3 Level Cap increases installed and completed Digistruct Peak the requisite number of times to hit OP 8 or OP 10.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

If you're on the Vita, then the max level cap is 61 and the only 3 story DLCs you will have access to are Captain Scarlett, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage and the Creature Slaughter Dome. The Vita version is extremely limited when it comes to XP and weapon options, which means the only decent weapon combos you can use are the Sandhawk + Bee Shield and the Flakker + Ahab. If you have a PS3, then I would get BL2 for that as you will have far more and better farming options, plus the 100% will actually be obtainable since you will have the other DLCs and won't run into the bug with the Captain Scarlett DLC that prevents you getting its' location trophy.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

24 minutes ago, DjusPS said:

Thanks.

I am however blocked to level up, since I am on VITA, and I dont have the possibility to download the DLC.

Is there any other way to help me out ?

yo that boss is a straight dickweed, the best way to beat him solo is find a little glitch spot on the edge of the cliff where you cant get hit, make sure you have enough ammo and a weapon that will kill him. you can find guides to show u the spot. u have to be almost perfect on it or youll get hit.

you can also plug in a second controller, have them idle at the spot and then your main character fights that cheapass. this way if your main dies the bosses health wont respawn. 

i dunno if you can do that on a  vita i dont own one

Edited by melodicmizery

The problem is that the DLC containing all what you mention cannot be found on PS Store. So I dont have other option but to try to kill him level 50.

I will look for the combination of guns you told me, I have found a nice video which brings me some hope :

I need to farm for the bee shield and this good sniper & pistol and give it a try, I am an assassin level 50 already.

15 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

yo that boss is a straight dickweed, the best way to beat him solo is find a little glitch spot on the edge of the cliff where you cant get hit, make sure you have enough ammo and a weapon that will kill him. you can find guides to show u the spot. u have to be almost perfect on it or youll get hit.

you can also plug in a second controller, have them idle at the spot and then your main character fights that cheapass. this way if your main dies the bosses health wont respawn. 

i dunno if you can do that on a  vita i dont own one

The splitscreen trick doesn't work on the Vita, because that mode was taken out during the Porting process. If you don't have the DLCs, then you are pretty screwed because that just leaves you with the Conference Call + Bee Shield and the Flakker + Nukem, all of which are a huge PITA to farm for in the vanilla game so your best bet is to use the safe(ish) spot and get some shots in with your best fire weapon but it will be a slog due to how much health Terramorphous has.

I might also get some help from another VITA player to actually do it online as it was intended.

Hopefully I could find a 61 lvl VITA player to get that monster down in my normal mode. It's the only thing left from all my side missions to get the plat

13 minutes ago, DjusPS said:

I might also get some help from another VITA player to actually do it online as it was intended.

Hopefully I could find a 61 lvl VITA player to get that monster down in my normal mode. It's the only thing left from all my side missions to get the plat

If you don't have the DLCs, then I don't think you can join someone who does or vice versa so you might have to do it solo ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

15 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You can't reach Lv80 or OP 10 on the Vita, because neither the Digistruct Peak or Commander Lilith DLCs were released for that version of the game and never will be.

There was a Vita Version of this game? That must be a joke.

44 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

There was a Vita Version of this game? That must be a joke.

No joke, it exists and I own it:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-9420514-Borderlands-Playstation-Vita/dp/B00JE9H51A/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2GZIP17SGIS8S&keywords=borderlands+2+vita&qid=1572784018&s=videogames&sprefix=Borderlands+2+vit%2Caps%2C185&sr=1-1

The DLC voucher expired a few years back thus leaving most people with what essentially amounts to what the vanilla PS3 release was like after the first few months of release, only with worse graphics, iffy controls, no splitscreen and the online co-op only allows 2 players instead of 4.

• Like 1

In case someone pass by, I finally beat Terramorphus solo in about 2 minutes, with only one weapon and this very setup;

- Assassin Level 50 (skill tree with all gun damage increases where possible)

- 10% gun damage badass rank
- bee shield level 49 (farmed from Boneyard boss)

- infinity pistol level 50 (farmed from doc mercy)

- Pistol mod to increase fire rate 30% (blue rarity)

- relic to increase max health

With this simple setup, it took 2 minutes and 3 second wind to kill Terramorphus from the spot where he barely touches you

Thanks HuntingFever for all the tips

• Like 2