PS phone app - the store is awful now

ZitMeatloaf

So I'm not sure if this is a universal change that Sony made to their phone app, or if it's just my phone acting weird for some reason, but browsing and navigating the store from the app is awful now.

Up until maybe a week ago, when I accessed to the PS Store from the phone app it was clearly optimized and designed to be viewed from a cell phone. Now when I click on the store from the phone app it just takes me to the full desktop site, which requires scrolling left or right and zooming in and out to see whatever you're trying to look at, and it sucks. Has anybody else noticed this? I can't find anything in settings I may have changed by accident, and I haven't changed phones so I doubt it's just my phone. I'm using the android app, I don't know if the iOS app is behaving the same way. Is this the same for everybody?

9 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

I don't know if it's related but I had my avatar disappear and change to the default psn one and had to manually change it back yesterday, maybe they're messing with stuff

I've had this happen before a few times, although it happens more often with my secondary account than my main one (maybe because I use it less frequently). I  never know why that happens either.

I never use the PlayStation Store using the PS App for a number of reasons. The layout of the mobile version is one and another is I can't complete transactions using PayPal.

Edited by PepsiMaxVanilla

22 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Hi sorry for the inconvenience.

You probably touched the "desktop version" link at the bottom. Try resetting it. Hope that helps.

I appreciate the reply. Do you mean a link at the bottom of the app or within the store itself? I don't even see an option to switch from mobile to desktop or vice versa at either one of those locations.

I also tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but it's still the same.

11 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Seems fine to me (UK).

And the desktop tab is right at the bottom central on the phone optimised screen (I'm not risking switching to desktop mode to see where it is there, sorry, don't want to get stuck too).

I can't find it anywhere. I hope I'm not stuck this way forever.

Edit: So I found the tab you mean when I open the PS Store using my phone's browser, but it's absent when I link to the store from the PS app. Suck.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf

3 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I appreciate the reply. Do you mean a link at the bottom of the app or within the store itself? I don't even see an option to switch from mobile to desktop or vice versa at either one of those locations.

I also tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but it's still the same.

Hi, sorry for the confusion.

But yes I was referring to the link on the bottom of the store page by clicking the ps store link in the ps app. If you do not see the "desktop version" "mobile version" you might be using a older app. Also what Android version are you using? This could be a issue with older android version not showing everything correctly. Hopefully your issue will be resolved shortly.

14 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Hi, sorry for the confusion.

But yes I was referring to the link on the bottom of the store page by clicking the ps store link in the ps app. If you do not see the "desktop version" "mobile version" you might be using a older app. Also what Android version are you using? This could be a issue with older android version not showing everything correctly. Hopefully your issue will be resolved shortly.

I'm using Android 10 and the PS app is version 19.10.0 ... but whatever was causing the issue has apparently been resolved because the store looks normal again. Maybe deleting and reinstalling the PS app helped? Possible, but initially the store was still messed up when I checked it after reinstalling.

@ThatMuttGuy, maybe try deleting and reinstalling the app yourself to see if it helps you. I appreciate everyone's help and comments.