Nioh 2 Demo How to beat the first boss and unlock the Mark of the Demon Slayer guide

sunashigure1

Nice. My play style being more dexterity based, I went in full ninja. So high stance kusarigama, kunai and shuriken, light armor with bonus damage to said projectiles and lots of dodging/tree hugging. Also used demon shift near the end. Got surprised by the speed the first time, got over confident on second try, but third one did it, rather easily even.

I love it when games leave room to find solutions suiting your build without implying one is better than another (well, within limits, I guess :D).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Nice. My play style being more dexterity based, I went in full ninja. So high stance kusarigama, kunai and shuriken, light armor with bonus damage to said projectiles and lots of dodging/tree hugging. Also used demon shift near the end. Got surprised by the speed the first time, got over confident on second try, but third one did it, rather easily even.

I love it when games leave room to find solutions suiting your build without implying one is better than another (well, within limits, I guess :D).

Thank you. I see. Congrats! Glad you were able to kill it easily. A speedy demon indeed. Surprised me too. Ninja builds were always strong in Nioh. 

Yeah, the amount of options/strats is mind blowing. The more, the better.

So far, so good. Just beat the second boss. Harder than the first one, in my experience.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2019 at 11:49 PM, sunashigure1 said:

[...]

So far, so good. Just beat the second boss. Harder than the first one, in my experience.

Yup, was harder for me as well, until I figured its routine. What mostly killed me were his strangle attack and his going back and forth using its red charged ability. Moving a lot and attacking its snake limbs first helped me tremendously.

Finished the beta, twilight mission included yesterday evening, and even played the first mission a second time to look for the kodamas I missed, but I still can't find two of them, wonder where they might be...

[Edit: Found the little bastards. 16/16 :) one was devious, the other one where I could swear I looked twice already.]

Edited by KennethMcCormick
Small update not worth a new post
  • Like 1

On 3.11.2019 at 2:43 PM, KennethMcCormick said:

Yup, was harder for me as well, until I figured its routine. What mostly killed me were his strangle attack and his going back and forth using its red charged ability. Moving a lot and attacking its snake limbs first helped me tremendously.

Finished the beta, twilight mission included yesterday evening, and even played the first mission a second time to look for the kodamas I missed, but I still can't find two of them, wonder where they might be...

[Edit: Found the little bastards. 16/16 :) one was devious, the other one where I could swear I looked twice already.]

Yeah, that's a great tip. Best to get rid off its snake arms, otherwise they'll become a regular foes during the Yokai realm portion. And that means 3 enemies simultaneously. Recorded and uploaded my fight with it.

Glad to hear it and well done! Same here. You probably meant that particular Kodama on the stone bridge (first map). For the second map, Kodama close to the broken (wooden) bridge was quite tricky to find. All in all, good riddance ^0^

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sunashigure1 said:

You probably meant that particular Kodama on the stone bridge (first map)

Actually no, this one I saw from afar. The two that I missed were:

Spoiler

- the one left of the second shrine (near the flood gate). That's the one I missed twice while being adamant that I looked where it was. I guess I dropped on top of the Kodama and that it retreated inside its helmet, making me miss it.

- the second one was on the intermediate roof of the big house on the hilltop on the right after the first bridge (second part of the fort). That's the one I found devious :)

Second map was OK for me.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 2:52 PM, KennethMcCormick said:

Actually no, this one I saw from afar. The two that I missed were:

Hide contents

- the one left of the second shrine (near the flood gate). That's the one I missed twice while being adamant that I looked where it was. I guess I dropped on top of the Kodama and that it retreated inside its helmet, making me miss it.

- the second one was on the intermediate roof of the big house on the hilltop on the right after the first bridge (second part of the fort). That's the one I found devious :)

Second map was OK for me.

Oh. Gotcha.

Right, that roof Kodama was tricky indeed. Like the Kodama hunt, personally. We're gonna have a lot of them in the full version. Can't wait to find 'em all.

On a side note, do new weapons strike your fancy? You tried them? I know you prefer Kusarigama and ninja build.

New Yokai are really well done, by the way. 

Two things I'm not a fan of. Sloth and Benevolent graves. Both make the game significantly easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunashigure1 said:

Like the Kodama hunt, personally. We're gonna have a lot of them in the full version. Can't wait to find 'em all.

So do I. It's a cute way of inserting collectibles mechanics with in game effects. With full release, it will be easier to find them using an item with the Kodama Sensor effect. Found one last Sunday playing Expedition, perhaps two hours after finding my last kodama :D.

On a side note, do new weapons strike your fancy? You tried them? I know you prefer Kusarigama and ninja build.

New Yokai are really well done, by the way.

Didn't try the scythe-like new weapon, and fiddled a little bit with the twin axes. Might try that this week-end, depending on whether I get Death Stranding or not, actually. Otherwise it'll have to wait for release. Twin axes were OK, I guess, but I didn't get the traditional Japanese weapons feel I get while using katana (single or dual), yari or kusarigama.

And I love the character design, both for yokai or humans.

Two things I'm not a fan of. Sloth and Benevolent graves. Both make the game significantly easier.

Totally agree, and yet, let's face it, I'm guilty of using both while "soloing" (well, not really because of the benevolent grave...) the Twilight version of the kamaitachi :) So, not a big fan, but sometimes one needs a break.

• Like 1

Yes, Kodama Sensor will prove useful in the full version, although it will make the hunt too easy. I won't be using it, personally. Still, the more perks at our disposal, the better :)

Same goes with weapons. I appreciate their work. Gotcha. Had the same feeling actually. So used to spears. That particular weapon feeling.. Hard to forget that one. Death Stranding I'm so pumped for. Will play it at some time. Ditto. Great character designs.

You're right. Sloth/Benevolent graves or not, beating the Twilight mission solo is impressive. New enemies and mechanics to be learned, after all.

• 1 month later...