Rumor: PlayStation Plus Premium

Sifferino

That's probably fake, at least I hope so. If by any chance this is real, I'll definitely pass. My ps plus subscription ended 3 months ago and I probably won't subscribe back lol, just don't see a point, I almost never play online games and I either have the free games or they don't interest me. If I'll need to play online for a trophy I'll just make an account and get a free trial lol

And ps plus premium benefits aren't really tempting

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 2

Hmm. Premium maybe includes Ps5 games. And reg Plus will just be old generation games. 

Premium Plus should also raise the damn 1000 file save cap shit for the cloud. A bit pointless to advertise 100gb of free cloud saves when I'm already capped at 15g with 1000files.

So people can beta test their games instead of actually hiring game testers to do that shit in the first place?

We're the fucking beta testers nowadays.

This is just another deliberate paywall for Sony to get more money out of us. This is what happens when you have one company running the show while the rest of the competition is lagging far behind.

Sony NEVER would of even considered pulling this bullshit back in 2010 - 2012.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, djb5f said:

Yeah, I just want online play (duh), discounts, and cloud saves.  If they could offer that for cheaper without the monthly games (PS Plus Standard or Basic), I’d be all over it!

go play Steam instead?  The customer always has the choice.

And if people weren’t shit, nobody on console would have to pay for this garbage. Steam does everything these crap services do, and they don’t charge us a dime for any of it. It’s ridiculous what people have come to accept from consoles. And it sure isn’t “cost”, because again, look at Steam doing all of it and more (and better; especially sales) without needing us to pay them.

this better not be true, it’d be stupid beyond belief. At most they should make a bundle for plus and now.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

And if people weren’t shit, nobody on console would have to pay for this garbage. Steam does everything these crap services do, and they don’t charge us a dime for any of it. It’s ridiculous what people have come to accept from consoles. And it sure isn’t “cost”, because again, look at Steam doing all of it and more (and better; especially sales) without needing us to pay them.

this better not be true, it’d be stupid beyond belief. At most they should make a bundle for plus and now.

It's easy to see why they're doing this, because they're greedy.

There has been no competition this generation when you look at the console sales. Microsoft has stopped trying, Nintendo has been their own thing for over a decade now and I wouldn't consider them to be a proper competitor.

Sony couldn't afford to pull this bullshit last generation because of the May 2011 PSN shutdown that hurt their reputation and the horrendously slow start the PS3 console had. Online multiplayer was always free, only Microsoft had a required subscription because of Xbox Live Gold membership.

Then come this generation, Sony makes PS Plus a requirement for online multiplayer, and the result? They've made overwhelming profit.

When was the last time Sony truly stood "by the players, for the players"?

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

The private server stuff is a dead giveaway that this is fake. People hate private servers in Fallout 76, so lets start a rumor to get people to hate on Sony. This is a Troll rumor with no corroborating sources designed to rile people up.

Would have been more believable if it was a PS Now/ Plus Bundle.

Edited by VanDeaM

Very non sense given how Xbox Ultimate Subscribe is far better deal. My expectation before enter the thread is:

PS+ Premium

- PS Plus Benefit

- Including PS Now which PS5 will be BC with old console so you can DL PS3/PS4 and play locally or cloud if you choose to do so
- Exclusive discount on pre-order 1st party product on PSN

But well, if it is this way, it is no way bother me much as im not using MP in the game that much anyway.

Edited by FielVeredus

5 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

If it comes with Trophies or make trophies easier to obtain, we all know the majority of you all will hand over your money in an instant anyway.

Plus is what it is. Either you pay for those services or don't and I think the same logic applies to this rumoured PS+ Premium.

Capitalism for the win.

It just creates an air of entitlement.

As for trophies, just buy up all the Ratalaika Games, make accounts for all PlayStation Store regions, have a PS Vita with multiple accounts and you're set. 10 - 30 minute platinum trophies in an instant. You'll get over 50 of them in no time.

• Like 1

I’m not shocked at all. They will charge for anything and everything in gaming now.

Ive noticed less and less activity of my friends list lately and not many buying the newer games anymore.

People can’t afford the hobby like they could years ago (between having kids in between that time/new jobs and also the increase cost to have the full game experience) 

It’s just getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

If it comes with Trophies or make trophies easier to obtain, we all know the majority of you all will hand over your money in an instant anyway.

Plus is what it is. Either you pay for those services or don't and I think the same logic applies to this rumoured PS+ Premium.

Capitalism for the win.

A monopoly, what Sony has with lack of serious competitors  is the exact antithesis of capitalism.

• Like 1

i hope that isnt true. pre-ordering a game to play a game 3 days early is really fucking dumb. the “3 days early” is the ACTUAL release date but put behind a paywall. if thats what the ps plus premium service is going to do, they wont get my money. ill just cancel my ps plus subscription.

• Like 1