Guide of the Year Awards 2019

Platisfaction

5 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

In case a guide has more than 1 writer, the prize will be split between all guide contributors, so long as they contributed a meaningful amount to the guide. We track all edits so this will be checked.

Guys, come on. You said this last year too and it wasn't true then. The team members who win a prize are asked if they want their share or not; it doesn't matter how much (or little) you contribute to the guide. As far as I know, edits can't be tracked after a certain amount of time has passed.

I'm surprised all of the categories from last year stayed too. I don't think the average user really knows it means to have exceptional formatting in a guide. I think the exceptional upkeep category is a bit of a strange one too. Usually if a guide requires lots of feedback changes after publishing , it was rushed and lacking info to begin with. Not really something that should be rewarded. I get the idea behind the category, but I don't think you can expect people to keep up with a guide they used long after completing the game to see if changes have been made. I'm sure this was mentioned last year by someone else, but if you insist on keeping these 2 categories, it should probably be the guide team members themselves who select the winners since they will have the most knowledge about these things. I remember the upkeep category in particular didn't get many nominations at all last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm surprised all of the categories from last year stayed too. I don't think the average user really knows it means to have exceptional formatting in a guide. I think the exceptional upkeep category is a bit of a strange one too. Usually if a guide requires lots of feedback changes after publishing , it was rushed and lacking info to begin with. Not really something that should be rewarded. I get the idea behind the category, but I don't think you can expect people to keep up with a guide they used long after completing the game to see if changes have been made. I'm sure this was mentioned last year by someone else, but if you insist on keeping these 2 categories, it should probably be the guide team members themselves who select the winners since they will have the most knowledge about these things. I remember the upkeep category in particular didn't get many nominations at all last year.

Yeah I suppose we have a month to go before the categories are permanently set in stone, but we have to have the 7 total. We could do something like change "Exceptional Niche Game Guide" over to "Exceptional Niche/Indie Game Guide" and replace the Upkeep category with an "Exceptional Import Game Guide" category maybe - I remember some people wanted something like that last year

Edited by BlindMango