Tournament not starting

raymalus

• 3 months later...
On 28/12/2019 at 9:47 PM, raymalus said:

Hi guys!

I have a problem with the tournament mode.

I set everything up, but when I select to start the 1st match, nothing happens.

Is it a bug or else?

Thank you for your replies!!!

I notice you still don't have this trophy, I did this game both EU and US stack, I didn't have any problem with that

sometimes it's because of a corrupted save, maybe you can copy your save on an usb stick, then delete it from ps4, and start again to do this trophy

more details about this trophy from a guide from an other website :

"

82d.jpg Longest tournament trophy_silver.png
Win a 16 teams tournament with 5 Sets, 21 points, win by 2 points match rules

The trophy description here is a bit misleading, if not straight up wrong. Select Tournament from the Main Menu and in the settings menu put the number of teams to 8. You’ll find that there isn’t an option to set it to 16, so maybe the developer meant 16 players instead. Now don’t forget to also change the rules to 5 Sets, 21 points, win by 2 points. The AI difficulty can be put on very easy to give yourself a walkover, albeit a long one cause it’ll take a while to win the three matches in this tournament to obtain the trophy.

"

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 5:10 PM, Sombroff said:

I notice you still don't have this trophy, I did this game both EU and US stack, I didn't have any problem with that

sometimes it's because of a corrupted save, maybe you can copy your save on an usb stick, then delete it from ps4, and start again to do this trophy

more details about this trophy from a guide from an other website :

"

82d.jpg Longest tournament trophy_silver.png
Win a 16 teams tournament with 5 Sets, 21 points, win by 2 points match rules

The trophy description here is a bit misleading, if not straight up wrong. Select Tournament from the Main Menu and in the settings menu put the number of teams to 8. You’ll find that there isn’t an option to set it to 16, so maybe the developer meant 16 players instead. Now don’t forget to also change the rules to 5 Sets, 21 points, win by 2 points. The AI difficulty can be put on very easy to give yourself a walkover, albeit a long one cause it’ll take a while to win the three matches in this tournament to obtain the trophy.

"

I tried as you suggested (I had already months ago), but the problem is still there.

I deleted all my saved data, I ran the game, set the tournament and when it comes to start match, it does not.

I can't press anything... Only triangle and circle, but I can't go back to settings or ahead with the match.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raymalus said:

I tried as you suggested (I had already months ago), but the problem is still there.

I deleted all my saved data, I ran the game, set the tournament and when it comes to start match, it does not.

I can't press anything... Only triangle and circle, but I can't go back to settings or ahead with the match.

it's weird, 

i am going to download again this game and try to see what's wrong,

i hope i can help you,

it's not the game of the year, but sure it's more fun than it looks like, 

especially for trophy hunters looking for easy platinum (i finished the NA stack in 3 hours)

edit: seems i have the same problem as you actually, so need 4 controllers actually, i don't remember i had to use 4 controllers, it was a very fast game, i did it smoothly without thinking too much, but maybe it's the reason why so less people buy this game, i don't know, i can try to help you with share play, to add a new controller to your game, but my internet connection is very bad so not sure i can connect to your game, but we can try

Edited by Sombroff

6 hours ago, Sombroff said:

it's weird, 

i am going to download again this game and try to see what's wrong,

i hope i can help you,

it's not the game of the year, but sure it's more fun than it looks like, 

especially for trophy hunters looking for easy platinum (i finished the NA stack in 3 hours)

edit: seems i have the same problem as you actually, so need 4 controllers actually, i don't remember i had to use 4 controllers, it was a very fast game, i did it smoothly without thinking too much, but maybe it's the reason why so less people buy this game, i don't know, i can try to help you with share play, to add a new controller to your game, but my internet connection is very bad so not sure i can connect to your game, but we can try

You are too kind, thank you, for adding me too on ps4!!!

Let's see if there is an easier way and maybe we can have a chat this week.

It would be enough if they made an update of the game version and fix this annoying bug.

• Like 1

Your welcome, I am always happy to be nice with nice people. Send me a PM when you want I come to help you with shareplay.

More seriously when I did the EU stack for this game I am sure I had only one or two controllers at this time. Maybe for the US stack I have used 4 controllers (really forgot) but I am 100% sure I didn’t on the EU stack.

So there is really something weird about this tournament trophy, maybe try to contact others players who recently got the platinum for this game (EU and US) and ask them how they did.

Edited by Sombroff

On 11/1/2019 at 7:29 PM, raymalus said:

Hi guys!

I have a problem with the tournament mode.

I set everything up, but when I select to start the 1st match, nothing happens.

Is it a bug or else?

Thank you for replies!!!

Contact the developers, in my experience, they're really nice and supportive. They're spanish BTW.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 17/7/2021 at 3:43 AM, TJMEAT said:

I know I am late to the party, but you need to make sure you keep the player count at 1, and don't move it to 16.  If you move it to 16 it is waiting for 15 other players to enter.

Don't worry about "being late".

I don't remember how, but I figured it how eventually.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, Dante_Vergili said:

How to do The Wall trophy?

You'll get it while playing different modes and matches.

When the opponent squad attack, just press square (if I remember correctly) and block it.

Most of the trophies are straight forward ;) 

• 2 weeks later...