MediEvil Deathly Smorgasbord Guide + Glitch Fix

BushidoCypher

49 minutes ago, Cthulu-72 said:

After many different attempts, including the timer run-out, I gave this a try - mine popped after the fire too! Thanks so much!

How did you do that?
Did you start a complete new game (with the erease of the game data and save data) or just repeat the level normally with your endgame Save?

On 11/15/2019 at 2:01 AM, Durandart said:

How did you do that?
Did you start a complete new game (with the erease of the game data and save data) or just repeat the level normally with your endgame Save?

I played on my main game save, no data deletion. I was doing the lost souls cleanup, and had made sure I got a number of other deaths too on other leves, then I saw this method and did the deaths in Cemetary Hill in that order (I used the lava pit to get down to one bottle of health, then went for the unique death). I didn't quit the game at any point, and I did complete the levels.

When the trophy popped, it was right when I got it the last death, not when I finished the level, don't know if that means anything.

Edited by Cthulu-72
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cthulu-72 said:

I played on my main game save, no data deletion. I was doing the lost souls cleanup, and had made sure I got a number of other deaths too on other leves, then I saw this method and did the deaths in Cemetary Hill in that order (I used the lava pit to get down to one bottle of health, then went for the unique death). I didn't quit the game at any point, and I did complete the levels.

When the trophy popped, it was right when I got it the last soul to rest, not when I finished the level, don't know if that means anything.

it worked :D

• Like 1

I have died over seven different ways and I exit at the level after every time of dying and getting the death and game over screen. The trophy hasn’t popped yet for me and I have done the following: 

lava

rocks

zombie

fire

drown

bats

Corn monster

windmill 

crystals

floor falling out 

Edited by sealightbreeze

18 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I have died over seven different ways and I exit at the level after every time of dying and getting the death and game over screen. The trophy hasn’t popped yet for me and I have done the following: 

lava

rocks

zombie

fire

drown

bats

Corn monster

windmill 

crystals

floor falling out 

Damn man, a lot that have been saying it's fixed it is this one in this order
Lava, Boulder, Zombie & Fire in Cemetary Hill 
Try this method getting game over each time, don't bother finishing the level just try that and in this order and get game over screen for each and let me know if that works pal!

47 minutes ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Damn man, a lot that have been saying it's fixed it is this one in this order
Lava, Boulder, Zombie & Fire in Cemetary Hill 
Try this method getting game over each time, don't bother finishing the level just try that and in this order and get game over screen for each and let me know if that works pal!

Thank you- I’ll try it. Hope it works ?

Today I had the pleasure of joining the glitched people. Here's how it happened and when it fixed itself:

My only actual Game Over during the playthrough was from falling while fighting the Demonettes. To begin my deaths I went to Cementery Hill and died to: Zombie, Fire, Rock and Lava, in that order.

Then I went to The Hilltop Mausoleum and died from spikes and then from falling. That would make 6 deaths since I had already died from falling.

I went to Scarecrow Fields and died to the Windmill and the corn monsters. That's 8 deaths and no trophy

From here I started going around everywhere. If I remember correctly I tried cannonballs, letting the timer run out in The Haunted Ruins, killing myself with the falling crystals from the dragon boss in Crystal Caves as well as the spinning crystal with the lasers, drowning in regular water and the swamp from the Pools of the Ancient Dead.

With all my hopes destroyed I decided to go back to Cementery Hill and repeat some deaths. This time I decided to let the thing that was gonna kill me deal the most damage, since before I was getting my health down with the lava pool. So I did lava, then fire and it finally popped when I died to a boulder again...

How this shit works I have no idea. At first I was finishing the levels but for the second time around I was just exiting form the menu because I read a comment on some youtube vid that someone still got it by leaving the level. So my recomendation would be to try the simple ones from the beginning again if you already did every other thing.

8 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Today I had the pleasure of joining the glitched people. Here's how it happened and when it fixed itself:

My only actual Game Over during the playthrough was from falling while fighting the Demonettes. To begin my deaths I went to Cementery Hill and died to: Zombie, Fire, Rock and Lava, in that order.

Then I went to The Hilltop Mausoleum and died from spikes and then from falling. That would make 6 deaths since I had already died from falling.

I went to Scarecrow Fields and died to the Windmill and the corn monsters. That's 8 deaths and no trophy

From here I started going around everywhere. If I remember correctly I tried cannonballs, letting the timer run out in The Haunted Ruins, killing myself with the falling crystals from the dragon boss in Crystal Caves as well as the spinning crystal with the lasers, drowning in regular water and the swamp from the Pools of the Ancient Dead.

With all my hopes destroyed I decided to go back to Cementery Hill and repeat some deaths. This time I decided to let the thing that was gonna kill me deal the most damage, since before I was getting my health down with the lava pool. So I did lava, then fire and it finally popped when I died to a boulder again...

How this shit works I have no idea. At first I was finishing the levels but for the second time around I was just exiting form the menu because I read a comment on some youtube vid that someone still got it by leaving the level. So my recomendation would be to try the simple ones from the beginning again if you already did every other thing.

Yeah, this didn’t work 

I may have just been very lucky but I think I may have cracked the mystery of this trophy and why it isn't popping for so many people. Here's the list of deaths from PP's Guide:

1. Killed by Zombies – The Graveyard: These are the default enemies everywhere.
  2. Drowning – The Graveyard: Jump into the deep water at the end of the Graveyard Level.
  3. Lava – Cemetery Hill: Jump into the pool of lava at the foot of the mountain where the rocks roll in.
  4. Rolling Rocks – Cemetery Hill: Let the rolling rocks kill you.
  5. Fire – Cemetery Hill: In the starting area are several fireplaces. Stand in them and let the fire burn you to death.
  6. Crystal Spikes – The Hilltop Mausoleum: Throughout the level are crystal spikes on the floor, jump onto them to get a game over.
  7. Collapsing Floor – The Hilltop Mausoleum: After you pick up the earth rune, the floor will crumble. Just don’t escape and let it kill you.
  8. Bats – Scarecrow Fields: In the first building that requires blue rune are bats that can kill you.
  9. Corn Killers – Scarecrow Fields: Near the end of this level walk through the cornfields and let the corn killers get you.
  10. Windmill Blade – Scarecrow Fields: There’s a spinning Windmill Blade halfway through the level, let it kill you.
  11. Traps – Scarecrow Fields: At the very end of the level are lots of traps, let them kill you. You can also try dying from each of the traps here, but it’s unclear if each one counts as a different death.
  12. Cannon Bombs – Inside the Asylum: During this level there’s a room with cannons shooting at you, let them kill you.
  13. Giant Bird protecting its Nest – The Enchanted Earth: During this level you must go to a birds nest to steal the eggs from there. Let the bird that protects the nest kill you.
  14. Crystal Falling on Head – The Crystal Caves: During the Dragon Boss Fight, hit the floor with green crystals and stand where the green crystal is on the ceiling, let it kill you.
  15. Dragon Serpent – The Gallows Gauntlet: A Dragon Serpent spawns after walking through the fire that requires the Dragon Armor. Let it kill you.
  16. Out of Time – The Haunted Ruins: After the timer countdown starts, let time run out
  17. Cannon Balls killing you / pushing you off Ship – The Ghost Ship: Throughout the Ship are many Cannons. Let the cannonballs kill you. Additionally, you can also try letting them push you off the side of the ship where you have to get the red rune.
  18. Clock Handles – The Time Device: There are several traps throughout the level. At the start you must take the left path to get the purple rune, on the way are some clock handles on the floor that can kill you.
  19. Falling – The Time Device: Fall down somewhere or let the big flying blocks push you into the abyss
  20. Electricity – Zarok’s Lair: During the final boss fight against Zarok, he will spawn some electric grid on the floor during his final phase. Walk in the electric grid and get fried by his electricity.
  21. Bosses – You can also try getting killed by each of the individual bosses in the game (8 total), but it’s unclear if each counts as a different death.
  22. Other Enemies – You can try getting killed by every type of enemy in the game, but it’s unclear if different enemies count as different deaths.

My theory is that the trophy is very badly worded and by "different", it actually means "unique" e.g. getting killed by Zombies, Bats and even the bosses, just counts as a single melee death and not multiple. To test this theory, I died by Zombies (melee), Drowning, Fire (lava), getting Crushed (boulders), Spikes, Falling and Time Out, which is when the trophy popped. I also died by Melee weapons (Farmers and their pitchforks), Corn Field demons, the Fire Wolves boss and cannon balls but none counted and the trophy didn't pop until I died by Time Out. If anyone else can confirm my theory, then that would be great :).

I could be wrong about all of this but it's food for thought, none the less :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

Hmmm ? that actually is the best idea I have heard so far. But I already have more than the 7. If this is true, then the only one I will need is the death by time out. I will try later and post back

I have died: 

lava (also fire)

rocks

zombie (also bats and corn monster)

drown

windmill 

crystals

floor falling out 

Edited by sealightbreeze

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

My theory is that the trophy is very badly worded and by "different", it actually means "unique" e.g. getting killed by Zombies, Bats and even the bosses, just counts as a single melee death and not multiple. To test this theory, I died by Zombies (melee), Drowning, Fire (lava), getting Crushed (boulders), Spikes, Falling and Time Out, which is when the trophy popped. I also died by Melee weapons (Farmers and their pitchforks), Glass Demon, Fire Wolves boss and cannon balls but none counted and the trophy didn't pop until I died by Time Out. If anyone else can confirm my theory, then that would be great :).

That would get debunked by the fact that I got my trophy to pop the second time I died to a boulder (you can check my whole experience in my previous post).

My theories are that either you need to take most of the damage from the source that is killing you, or that the game is coded like shit and it simply sometimes does not count your deaths. I'm more inclined to believe in the latter.