MediEvil Deathly Smorgasbord Guide + Glitch Fix

BushidoCypher

24 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I'm not sure if this glitched on me since I'm pretty sure I did die several different ways but whether or not the timer death fixed it or not I'm unsure since I didn't get the trophy at that point either but I did make sure to go to the Cemetery Hill level after doing the Ghost Ship level to go die in the lava there and I got the trophy that way. I mainly wanted to bring this up since some say you have to get see the Game Over screen or you have to complete the level for the death to count but when I jumped in the lava I got the trophy as I was getting revived so I don't think you actually have to see the Game Over screen unless it's just really specific on which death you're supposed to.

Nah you're right a few have confirmed no Game Over screen is needed it's just such a dodgy ass trophy :( unfortunately.
I'm glad you got it!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/2/2019 at 8:59 AM, Isamu_Kanashii said:

I had this trophy pop for me this way.

Done 4 deaths in cemetery hill.

1 - Die in lava near start.
2 - Die by boulder roll

3 - Die by zombie 

4 - Die by fire

The trophy popped for me after the fire death.
I did not complete the level after each game over, I simply tried another death method. 

I can confirm this just worked. The timer on Haunted Ruins did not work for me. I went to Cemetery Hill and did it in that specific order and the trophy popped after the game over screen for the fire. Weird! Thanks!

• Like 1

On 24/10/2020 at 10:25 AM, FabledEdition said:

I can confirm this just worked. The timer on Haunted Ruins did not work for me. I went to Cemetery Hill and did it in that specific order and the trophy popped after the game over screen for the fire. Weird! Thanks!

You're very welcome, strange that it works this way.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:29 PM, Bushido_Cypher said:
What's up Clan!
Some of the trophies are glitched for players, myself experienced this glitch but I show you a way to bypass the glitch at the end of the video!
Timestamp for the glitch fix is in the pinned comments.
Cheers guys!

I got the final trophy through the Haunted Ruins' timer running out, I swear in my two playthroughs I did enough to get that Smorgasbord trophy, I tried a lot of different deaths too, I wasn't sure was it in a cryptic order or the description was poorly phrased on how to achieve the trophy.

I had a ton of fun with the remake, I played the original in bits and pieces but the remake I started playing on release, completed and achieved Platinum ?

• 3 weeks later...

Letting the timer run out in The Haunted Ruins got me the trophy after I did the steps below:

1. Killed by Zombies – The Graveyard: These are the default enemies everywhere.
  2. Completed the level after it reloaded
  3. Drowning – The Graveyard: Jump into the deep water at the end of the Graveyard Level.
  4. Completed the level after it reloaded
  5. Lava – Cemetery Hill: Jump into the pool of lava at the foot of the mountain where the rocks roll in.
  6. Completed the level after it reloaded
  7. Rolling Rocks – Cemetery Hill: Let the rolling rocks kill you.
  8. Completed the level after it reloaded
  9. Fire – Cemetery Hill: In the starting area are several fireplaces. Stand in them and let the fire burn you to death.
  10. Completed the level after it reloaded
  11. Crystal Spikes – The Hilltop Mausoleum: Throughout the level are crystal spikes on the floor, jump onto them to get a game over.
  12. Completed the level after it reloaded
  13. Collapsing Floor – The Hilltop Mausoleum: After you pick up the earth rune, the floor will crumble. Just don’t escape and let it kill you.
  14. Completed the level after it reloaded
  15. Bats – Scarecrow Fields: In the first building that requires blue rune are bats that can kill you.
  16. Completed the level after it reloaded
  17. Let the timer run out - The Haunted Ruins
  18. Trophy popped

Obviously that takes a bit longer than not completing the levels but I didn’t want to take the chance and have to repeat it all over again if I was wrong.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/11/2019 at 7:29 PM, Bushido_Cypher said:
What's up Clan!
Some of the trophies are glitched for players, myself experienced this glitch but I show you a way to bypass the glitch at the end of the video!
Timestamp for the glitch fix is in the pinned comments.
Cheers guys!

It worked for me, thanks 

• 7 months later...

I'm coming here to echo Haunted Ruins did the trick for me. I struggled in the early game and died a few different ways without really paying attention to this trophy. During clean-up, I ran through a few levels with multiple ways to die per the list in the trophy guide by getting the game over screen and then finishing the level. Glad it didn't end up being much of a hassle.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Official Description:
Die 7 different ways
How to Unlock:
The trophy requires that you die (i.e. lose a Life Bottle) in seven specific ways. These are:

1) Drown in Water

2) Fall into Lava (Cemetery Hills, Inside the Asylum)

3) Falling Death

4) Died from Fire

5) Killed by Enemy

6) Sink in Mud (Pools of Ancient Dead)
7) Running out of Time (The Haunted Ruins)

It should work in that way! I will check and reply if it works! ☺️

CONFIRMED

Edited by Loroget
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Managed to unlock this trophy earlier, I had a few deaths in my original playthrough but I loaded up Cemetery Hill and got three more deaths (including the Game Over screen rather than just losing a bottle) to the zombies, lava and fire which popped Deathly Smorgasbord for me.

Edited by Martain2

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 5:15 PM, Loroget said:

Official Description:
Die 7 different ways
How to Unlock:
The trophy requires that you die (i.e. lose a Life Bottle) in seven specific ways. These are:

1) Drown in Water

2) Fall into Lava (Cemetery Hills, Inside the Asylum)

3) Falling Death

4) Died from Fire

5) Killed by Enemy

6) Sink in Mud (Pools of Ancient Dead)
7) Running out of Time (The Haunted Ruins)

It should work in that way! I will check and reply if it works! 263a.png

CONFIRMED

So... I need to be killed and see the Game Over screen with all deaths? Or if I loose a life bottle count as a death?

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

You have to lose all your health bottles and see the game over screen, else the death doesn't count.

Thank you. I earned the thropy with the fire in Cemetery Hills when I lose all life bottles. But I think that the game over screen is not necesary for all type of death because I never had a game over for drown in water or a falling death.

• 2 months later...

After dying seven different times, it seems the trophy is glitched and won't pop.

Well I have good news for you!

Go to the haunted ruins level and reach to the section when the countdown starts.

When count down starts Don't die and stay where you are(after killing stone Giants).

When the count down is over,the trophy will pop and the glitch is fixed.

Shout out to bushidocypher on YouTube for explaining this.