understanding death stranding

UlvenFenrir

On 11/1/2019 at 10:32 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

not sure what title to name it but i feel there is a common misconception or understanding when it comes to new ideas and video games in general. let me start off by first saying, to me personally, i think hideo kojima is someone who knows his craftmanship. he clearly has a passion for his work and it shows. both in his character and personality as well as the attention to quality and detail in his games.

seriously, name 1 other game where there has been ever been put that much detail into obscure irrelevant things that most people couldnt care for. like switching the controller port during the mantis fight, hilarious shit like that is why i fell in love with his games. his crazy ideas, the interesting boss designs and characters. codec calls, the convoluted story yet clever writing. i have played through all mgs games countless times and i still dont understand half of it and thats fine. there is just something magical about them. they were also a big part of my childhood so they stuck with me.

now, its common for people to hate on everything and to hate on people they dont particularly like and i hear all the time “kojima is no genius, hes full of himself, he thinks too highly of himself” and so on, even so, if any of that is true. you cant deny his creativity and his passion to pursue new ideas and he is clearly not afraid to try new things, out of everyone elses comfort zone. which brings me to death stranding.

so the embargo lifted today for death stranding and i had a feeling the opinions and reviews would be all over the place and have mixed reactions. the general idea im getting from the reviews and people in the comments section is how its a walking simulator, oh its so boring to walk from one end to the other, oh the gameplay is boring and so on. look the game is probably not for everyone and thats fine. but what i dont get is why there is all this hate around the game all of a sudden. 

games like far cry and assassins creed, even call of duty, they get high praise all the time but for doing what? trying new ideas? not exactly. theyre the same boring paste fest we have come to expect. now with death stranding, its like when people cant comprehend something different, think the last guardian for example. they laugh it off and think “what is this shit?” what ever happened to appreciating a game that tries to be different? i guess its cool to hate on everything these days. its like creativity was once a thing but now the general masses have been spoon fed entertainment for years and they just buy the same shit every year and all it is, is the same game with a new price tag slapped on the cover.

people also tend to forget. kojima left konami and within 3 years he got a new studio, new staff and made a new game. how many people can say the same? not many. he also spent all that time creating his vision for death stranding, no strings being pulled, no publisher breathing down his neck. he had the resources, money and all the time he could ask for to make death stranding. no micros, no roadmap. just the game.

death stranding wont be for everyone but i know almost with certainty i will enjoy it for what it is. but people hating on the man or the game for no apparent reason is just sad. give the game a chance despite the reviews or what people say instead of buying games off of greedy companies. we need this kind of creativity back and vision for games regardless if they turn out to be great or not. 

seriously what is worse? buying fifa and cod anually because its within your comfort zone and giving into greedy publishers that doesnt care about you or spending your money on a game that was made with passion and love with no publisher trying to screw you over?

its no lie that humans are sheep. the people laughing off creative ideas are probably the very same people who buy the same anually game because they cant control their impulsive spending behaviours. 

id rather buy a game like death stranding, good or not 10 times over than supporting something like an anually game that asks for the same price as last year with next to no new content. just an updated rooster and improvements here and there, yet people are willing to pay for that. but oh no! here comes a creative game, burn it on the stake! seriously wtf is wrong with people these days lol

laugh at death stranding all you want, while i laugh at people spending all their money on the same game every year because thinking for themselves is too difficult.

i will buy death stranding at midnight and support the shit out of it. i hope you will too! :D 

I would rather spend my money on same games each year (which wont always be the case, cyberpunk etc) that i know i will enjoy and are fun than a boring walking sim that as been hyped up way way too much

Just now, reiner- said:

What I don't understand is that there are almost 1000 more "Recent Players" than "Game Owners" on this site.

Weird huh? 1f914.png

How does that work?

Its just that one updates before the other. Should be the other way around. Atleast recent player seems higher maybe auto updates for all accounts have started working properly again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Its just that one updates before the other. Should be the other way around. Atleast recent player seems higher maybe auto updates for all accounts have started working properly again. 

I assumed that may have been the case.

To be honest I don't know how I even spotted that. It's 4am here so brain has no right to be still functioning.