kanzenchaos

Anyone still playing this?

8 posts in this topic

I've had this game in my PS3 library for months now and would like to start it. I know it's really grindy but would like to get World Wide Warrior out of the way asap.

I've read some tips on this trophy guide about sharing our characters info to help getting it a bit faster.

Is anyone in this site still playing it? If so any other tips/tricks? Discord server for pleople that want this trophy: https://discord.gg/CCnjVeV (anyone can join at any time, it's set to never expire)

Edited by kanzenchaos

The game is at discount & I'd like to get it, but the online trophy is worrying me as well. Can I get it out of the way without having to play the game much?

We could also try it.

12 hours ago, Karmoosh_2-Fit said:

The game is at discount & I'd like to get it, but the online trophy is worrying me as well. Can I get it out of the way without having to play the game much?

We could also try it.

That's the problem, I don't know exactly what are the steps, just that it is not up to the player trying to get it, since your "ghost" need to defeat other human players in their own game.

From the PStrophies topic:

There is an online component to the game, and this trophy requires you to be playing while signed in to the PlayStation Network and to have your network settings enabled in the options menu of the game.

Despite the rather misleading trophy description, this does not refer to you killing 15 players invading your world; instead it refers to a "ghost" version of your character invading other players' worlds as an NPC and scoring victories over them there - in other words, it is almost completely out of your control.

What you can control is how you set your character up: improving your weapon's attack strength at the blacksmith, and equipping your character with a style that has a good variety of moves and at least a couple of very powerful moves will give your NPC a much greater chance of winning against other players.

How the online works - how your character gets loaded into other worlds - is not entirely clear, but make sure to save your character when prompted to as you're launching the game and you should be good to go.

As I said, this trophy is largely out of your control; but because there are other people on this site playing the game, there are potential allies out there that can let you kill them if they run into your character; then, having died, they can "Retry", go to the Cemetery, talk to the Revenge Horse there (yup, it's actually a horse) and summon your character over and over again to allow him or her more victories. The odds of running into someone you recognize is, admittedly, very slim, but if you would like the chance to be recognized and assisted with your progress towards this trophy, you can leave your information here:

I've set up a discord server for this, maybe we can discuss it there: https://discord.gg/CCnjVeV

I've been meaning to pick this game up too. Maybe we can work something out to help each other, despite there not appearing to be any kind of proper boosting? I'll let you know in case I end up buying it.

7 minutes ago, AFRising said:

I've been meaning to pick this game up too. Maybe we can work something out to help each other, despite there not appearing to be any kind of proper boosting? I'll let you know in case I end up buying it.

You can join the discord anytime as I've set the link to never expire. Let me know if you end up buying it.

Edited by kanzenchaos

On 6-11-2019 at 0:16 PM, Karmoosh_2-Fit said:

We could also try it.

You can farm this trophy from the start

I did it myself without progressing the story etc

Since the servers are pretty much dead boosting it would be quit easy 

Just find each others ghost and get killed once then request a revenge at the horse in the graveyard 

Edited by Ivertico

2 hours ago, Ivertico said:

You can farm this trophy from the start

I did it myself without progressing the story etc

Since the servers are pretty much dead boosting it would be quit easy 

Just find each others ghost and get killed once then request a revenge at the horse in the graveyard 

I was trying to do this with someone but we stopped trying because we have the game from different regions. Do you know if it affects anything?

8 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

I was trying to do this with someone but we stopped trying because we have the game from different regions. Do you know if it affects anything?

As far as i know region shouldn't matter

Edited by Ivertico