mariosF94

Outlast 2 Platinum Playthrough

143 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

The real question is, will you still be going for the platinum @Nighcisama?

 

Of course he is, it's in his nature. And the plat will be his 2k trophy milestone... right, @Nighcisama 😉

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.1.2020 at 11:30 PM, Spaz said:

The real question is, will you still be going for the platinum @Nighcisama?

Ain't going for shit until I have a solution for that one Nick&Laird encounter thats breaking every insane run. I experimented a bit on other encounters with someone else and made basically every encounter except 1 in chapter 4 into a pisseasy cakewalk, turns out two brains are a lot better at this than one, and it was much more fun breaking the game than actually playing it I can tell you that much. However, no matter how easy everything after chapter 2 gets it doesn't really matter if I can't get past chapter 2, and so far I have not found a good solution, so shit is on hold.

On 9.1.2020 at 8:41 AM, Arcesius said:

 

Of course he is, it's in his nature. And the plat will be his 2k trophy milestone... right, @Nighcisama 1f609.png

That was the plan, but at this point I might as well choose another trophy for this honor. Current top candidate it shooting hitler in the ballsack in Sniper Elite 4.

 

On 8.1.2020 at 11:19 PM, Lumi said:

I'm gonna reinstall the game to my ps4 so I can test the strategy out again. I'll even record it and post it here to show how I went about it so you'll have an exact picture. It's going to take maybe about a day or so to download since my download speeds are pretty slow.

That would be amazing, because your strat is not really working for me. I can safely get into the tree trunk and if I do not peek out they don't check it, but their patrol path is not something that allows a decent window to escape. They are either between me and where I need to go, or awfully close to the trunk and therefore would catch up to me on the ledge even if I could make it there without getting killed. Granted I made that work occasionally, but it is the most unreliable of the available strat for me so far, so I guess I am screwing it up somehow.

Edited by Nighcisama
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

That would be amazing, because your strat is not really working for me. I can safely get into the tree trunk and if I do not peek out they don't check it, but their patrol path is not something that allows a decent window to escape. They are either between me and where I need to go, or awfully close to the trunk and therefore would catch up to me on the ledge even if I could make it there without getting killed. Granted I made that work occasionally, but it is the most unreliable of the available strat for me so far, so I guess I am screwing it up somehow.

Yeah their route isn't as simple as I described it. It's more of like a triangle, I guess. I believe from the ledge they head left, go off screen a bit, then eventually make their way towards the trunk a bit, then to the ledge, if I remember correctly. But yeah let me try it out again first. The game is still downloading and it's been about 2 days now :rolleyes: The internet I use for downloading has been waaaaay slower than usual, not sure why.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lumi said:

Yeah their route isn't as simple as I described it. It's more of like a triangle, I guess. I believe from the ledge they head left, go off screen a bit, then eventually make their way towards the trunk a bit, then to the ledge, if I remember correctly. But yeah let me try it out again first. The game is still downloading and it's been about 2 days now :rolleyes: The internet I use for downloading has been waaaaay slower than usual, not sure why.

Well if it is too much of a hassle you don't have to force it. I sat down with someone and we once again tried to break or trivialize encounters we had trouble with, we were successfull with almost all of them, including every single Nick&Laird encounter so maybe I manage it without your strat. The new strat I am using for Nick&Laird forest was successful over 20 times in a row for me on nightmare which is even better than the last strat and does not have nearly as tight of a timing so being nervous should have no effect. Didn't manage to die using it a single time even by intentionally doing it a bit slower or faster, my partner in crime also did it several times in a row without issue, so I go with that for the next 5 insane runs or so and see if it works there as well. If it is any good on insane I will post it here, we also found a few hilarious other strats that kinda break the ai of these two festering shits but are not quite as reliable, including one that basically allows you to clip through Nick&Laird and run to the ledge, but still funny to look at even if they do not work every single time. With all encounters in the entire game except a single one trivialized as hell, at least on nightmare, I have the motivation to try a few more insane runs over the weekend thanks to this, and now there shouldn't be any reason for me to die anymore aside from me screwing up one of the late game chases.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Well if it is too much of a hassle you don't have to force it. I sat down with someone and we once again tried to break or trivialize encounters we had trouble with, we were successfull with almost all of them, including every single Nick&Laird encounter so maybe I manage it without your strat. The new strat I am using for Nick&Laird forest was successful over 20 times in a row for me on nightmare which is even better than the last strat and does not have nearly as tight of a timing so being nervous should have no effect. Didn't manage to die using it a single time even by intentionally doing it a bit slower or faster, my partner in crime also did it several times in a row without issue, so I go with that for the next 5 insane runs or so and see if it works there as well. If it is any good on insane I will post it here, we also found a few hilarious other strats that kinda break the ai of these two festering shits but are not quite as reliable, including one that basically allows you to clip through Nick&Laird and run to the ledge, but still funny to look at even if they do not work every single time. With all encounters in the entire game except a single one trivialized as hell, at least on nightmare, I have the motivation to try a few more insane runs over the weekend thanks to this, and now there shouldn't be any reason for me to die anymore aside from me screwing up one of the late game chases.

Nah, it's not a hassle at all, it's just taking way longer than it usually should. Now I'm kinda concerned how long it will take for any other digital games in my backlog to download in the future. Anyways, if you've found some other strategy that works more consistently, good for you. Stick with that. I'm gonna go ahead and still post the strategy I used anyway just in case someone else is struggling on the same part. Besides, more options on the table is always better. Also, you're welcome to use it of course if for some reason the new strategy you found doesn't work for you in the end. But judging from your response, it seems like you could have this plat in the bag soon. I hope you do.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to say a huge Thank You to everyone who gave me tips on the run. I'm about to beat the Messiah Run. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them. Finished with 3 bars of battery. 15 or so tries.

 

P.S. I don't check the forum much but i'll try to help. Especially in the next few days

Edited by Burstawesome
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Well if it is too much of a hassle you don't have to force it. I sat down with someone and we once again tried to break or trivialize encounters we had trouble with, we were successfull with almost all of them, including every single Nick&Laird encounter so maybe I manage it without your strat. The new strat I am using for Nick&Laird forest was successful over 20 times in a row for me on nightmare which is even better than the last strat and does not have nearly as tight of a timing so being nervous should have no effect. Didn't manage to die using it a single time even by intentionally doing it a bit slower or faster, my partner in crime also did it several times in a row without issue, so I go with that for the next 5 insane runs or so and see if it works there as well. If it is any good on insane I will post it here, we also found a few hilarious other strats that kinda break the ai of these two festering shits but are not quite as reliable, including one that basically allows you to clip through Nick&Laird and run to the ledge, but still funny to look at even if they do not work every single time. With all encounters in the entire game except a single one trivialized as hell, at least on nightmare, I have the motivation to try a few more insane runs over the weekend thanks to this, and now there shouldn't be any reason for me to die anymore aside from me screwing up one of the late game chases.

 

I would definitely give the game a break and play some other titles on your profile.

 

That way if you decide to come back, you may feel a bit more confident.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 10:36 PM, Nighcisama said:

I have it, it is finally done. I didn't dare to get my mood up until the last walking section because the game still could have crashed like a minute before popping the plat, but thankfully it didn't. The first actual insane difficulty attempt of the weekend did it, Nick&Laird strats worked just like on nightmare difficulty, I did not encounter any major bugs during the run, and I only fucked up once due to being nervous and it was in a small encounter that did not punish me with instant death, basically when I got past that one insidious encounter it was pretty likely to get the plat with all the optimized strats we developed over the last few days. I put the volume on max during the last walk, having religious music in the background and being totally euphoric while my dumbass character walks through the devastated area. It was the greatest joy and relief I have felt in gaming for a long time, and I was in absolute glee for a solid few minutes. Sadly the great mood was short lived due to some ill timed and bad real life happenings literal minutes after getting the platinum, can't be happy in my life for more than a few minutes I assume, but the plat is mine anyway.

Congrats on the well earned Outlast 2 plat! I kinda had a feeling you were going to get it before I even manage to post the vid on here. :P Like with just about every game, you either keep practicing, and/or find and experiment with different strategies/methods until you find something that has the best chance of working for you.

 

It's been a pretty busy/hectic past few days for me, but I managed to get the game installed and tested out the strategy I used during my insane run. Again, I'll try and post it within a day or so, hoping it can help someone else.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎.‎01‎.‎2020 at 7:36 AM, Nighcisama said:

I have it, it is finally done.

 

Congratz on the plat!

How long does a run usually take; and how long did your run take?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mori said:

 

Congratz on the plat!

How long does a run usually take; and how long did your run take?

Thanks. The duration of a run differs depending on how far you get. Most of my attempted runs were between and 60 and 90 minutes because that is the time it takes to arrive at and suffer through the Nick&Laird encounters, and usually I died there. Most finished runs take between 2.5 and 3 hours depending on strats, risks and how quick people move from one encounter to the next. My final run took a little over 3 hours since a few of the strategies used by me required me to wait for an opening in the enemy standard patrol pattern I spent so much time memorizing, and the ideal opportunity can take a few minutes to appear, especially with the ai being a bit random at times and switching between different patterns occasionally. Totally worth it to analyze all that shit though, I doubt I would have had too many more failed attempts in me, and actually trying to break the ai with someone was much more fun than playing the game normally.

Edited by Nighcisama
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

Edited by Lumi
Can't delete or get the spoiler tags to work properly.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've sort of put this game on hiatus. I still need to do messiah, and beat the game in 4 hours. I hope to do it some day, but I'm not in any rush. Though it is good to see people analysing every single detail of this game to meticulous detail. :)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has probably been asked before, but does the 4 hour speed run trophy still count if you die, reload, save, and quit? I started a story mode run last night, about an hour in and just starting chapter 2, but I have died once already at the infamous cave jump.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is consecutive time so you should be fine if you die a few times, as long as the run is done in under 4 hours.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know. Here's hoping the fact my ps4 crashed and had to have the power cable removed didn't mess anything up either. Good thing it auto saves.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.