Creating Local Servers on Your PC for Dead Multiplayers

omnx-supak

Well, this is superb news. Some of the best news I could wish to hear. 

I sincerely hope that it will fix the Gamespy games as they're the closed games I'd most like to do, but the Sony games would also be fantastic.

I'd be willing to make a significant financial donation to the creator(s) of this project should it be released and 100% allows unobtainable platinums to be earned. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SupakGaming said:

The only major difference is that this should work with most games.

That’s about the most ambitious project I’ve heard of in a while and wish them luck because the complexity of doing this for “most games” is off the charts.

Im reminded of ReactOS which has been trying to duplicate Windows with open source code and that has been in the works for two decades and had over 100 developers try to contribute.

Lets wait for some Proof of Concept videos and evidence it’s working before jumping the gun with expecting it to come soon. 

• Like 3

well it is all good and all but I have to ask, how will you boost the games like say bulletstorm where you need people to help you? like can someone do it and then others join? as the only time I ever seen something like this work it was on pc to help bring back the ps2 one of re outbreak

Edited by KANERKB

If this worked, you might need to start from scratch for some games, since their progress was stored on the servers themselves rather than your console. Then if you were to actually set up a server just to boost trophies (which I imagine most of us do) you would still get randoms, which makes me think if multiple people ran servers for a game, if you would run into any issue, but I might just be talking out of my own ass here. Still, some games might still remain virtualy impossible, such as MAG, or getting the mask creator trophy in Army of Two 40th day.

Now, with all that being said, I would drop money on this in a heartbeat, if I knew it worked. I can imagine if you get a boosting group together, everyone could chip in. I really hope this will work, cuz I'm sure we all have some trophy skeleteons in our closets we would like to get rid off.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SupakGaming said:

That is correct, you will lose most of your stuff. If it isn’t stored locally. 

It’s not my project but thanks. I’ll pass the word to them. 

Again, you or your friends/partners need a good computer. One person needs the software license, the others that want to join will need to get accepted by you. So you create the server, there will be a fill in area where you can put your friends/partners PSN. Then when you join a game that is supported by the service it will automatically allocate players in your server (only the ones that you have accepted).

THERE IS NO DONATION LINK YET & THERE WON’T BE.

My friends have no life so they will be working on this the hardest they can. 

If this ends up being a successful project, the software will be about £29.99. (NOT CONFIRMED AND DECIDED YET).

GAMES THAT ARE CONFIRMED COMPATIBLE:

skate2

skate3

Gran Turismo 5

Killzone 2

Killzone 3

Motorsport: Pacific Rift

I respect the project so much more knowing they do not take donations during development, but will charge a flat fee for the software (whatever the price will be).

If GT5 & Motorstorm: Pacific Rift are already confirmed, you got me, if the software works. I would really love Resistance 2 personally, but I can't even imagine what a hassle developing such thing must be. 

I wonder if this would somehow enable PS Home to be brought back, provided one still has it installed on PS3.

• Like 2

Now this sounds absolutely amazing, definitely keeping my eye on this, i could actually get games done i no longer could/do ones I always wanted to do but online was shut.

Edited by Conker

Sounds interesting. I assume your friends have put a lot of time into this, so I hope the best for them.

My question is would something like this be allowed on this site? Or would it be considered cheating? Either way, it would be nice to get back dead PS3 servers; if anything just to play for fun.

18 minutes ago, The_Snooze said:

Sounds interesting. I assume your friends have put a lot of time into this, so I hope the best for them.

My question is would something like this be allowed on this site? Or would it be considered cheating? Either way, it would be nice to get back dead PS3 servers; if anything just to play for fun.

It is not cheating, you can get the online trophies for Unreal Tournament III through GoneSpy, nobody got flagged.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SupakGaming said:

the price will be cheap. The only barriers at the moment are actually making it work fully and the legal issues that this could have. In the end they prefer their life over jail.

Easy, distribute it freely to the community.

55 minutes ago, SupakGaming said:

GAMES THAT ARE CONFIRMED COMPATIBLE:

skate2

skate3

Gran Turismo 5

Killzone 2

Killzone 3

Motorsport: Pacific Rift

9e9.gif

You are doing God's work my friend

Hopefully UC2/3 can get on that list

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, SupakGaming said:

I will update this thread when I am allowed to explain more. 

This will need to be reviewed and approved first by the staff before it's deemed not flaggable. Make sure the list of requirements is met mentioned here. Generally speaking, it needs to be an open source project that can be reviewed as necessary to make sure all requirements are met, and available to anyone at any time. Depending on how it works, requirements, and its commercial product status, etc, may or may not make it eligible, but it will need to be discussed amongst staff first.

With that said, good work and good luck.

@MMDE @grimydawg @Sly Ripper

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

@SupakGaming Have you guys tried any games and found they DIDN'T work yet?

Also, would it be possible for your friends to try out a Gamespy game to see if this project has more luck with them? The reason I ask is that i'm worried about them given the result with the Gonespy project. I'd absolutely love games like FEAR 2, MK vs DC, and Section 8 to work again and i'm sure a lot of fellow hunters would too!

Your friends are doing a fantastic job. Those games already proven to work are a marvellous batch.