Ultimate Collector Tracking

PFinchen

Just reached 2400 cards! Only 500 left. Heat checks are way too expensive now (around 5k-6k MT), and i'm missing about 300-350 of them, so really hoping the prices go down a little when 2k21 releases. On the other hand, several premium cards are cheap and can be bought around 1k-2,5k, so slowing trying to make my way up on them. Can't wait to finish this! 

31 minutes ago, Viqueeeez said:

Just reached 2400 cards! Only 500 left. Heat checks are way too expensive now (around 5k-6k MT), and i'm missing about 300-350 of them, so really hoping the prices go down a little when 2k21 releases. On the other hand, several premium cards are cheap and can be bought around 1k-2,5k, so slowing trying to make my way up on them. Can't wait to finish this! 

People list heat checks for 3k~ daily. You just need to check often for them. Search heat check with buy it now max at 3300, which was the max I was willing to pay for them. I didn't need to complete the set to get the trophy, I think I had like 10-15 heat checks still left. 3-4 PM and around 8 PM EST was best times for me to find heat checks. You gotta be quick tho..

Edited by TVDex252

13 hours ago, Viqueeeez said:

Im about 60 cards behind you. Looking forward to 2400 for the 750 tokens and 3rd Opal reward for the 150k MT.

Will pretty much use all that on Heat Check cards.

17 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

People list heat checks for 3k~ daily. You just need to check often for them. Search heat check with buy it now max at 3300, which was the max I was willing to pay for them. I didn't need to complete the set to get the trophy, I think I had like 10-15 heat checks still left. 3-4 PM and around 8 PM EST was best times for me to find heat checks. You gotta be quick tho..

Thanks for the tips! Will try to get heat checks at that price, i'm willing to pay 3500 max on them.

4 hours ago, kevinyang82 said:

Im about 60 cards behind you. Looking forward to 2400 for the 750 tokens and 3rd Opal reward for the 150k MT.

Will pretty much use all that on Heat Check cards.

I personally got all token rewards up 'till diamond tier, then spent the rest buying lights out packs that can get you lots of MT (especially selling silver cards for 2k+ profit). Still a long way to go for us, though!

1 hour ago, Viqueeeez said:

Thanks for the tips! Will try to get heat checks at that price, i'm willing to pay 3500 max on them.

I personally got all token rewards up 'till diamond tier, then spent the rest buying lights out packs that can get you lots of MT (especially selling silver cards for 2k+ profit). Still a long way to go for us, though!

If you're using the auction house properly you're like a week or two away from the trophy if you're passed the 2400 mark.

The best tip I got was to stop buying for the collection till Im at 200k MT. Reinvest that wisely and within a few days you'll be around the 500k mark. After that, always have 50 cards at auction and never let yourself get lower than 300k MT.

Edited by TVDex252

On 27/08/2020 at 7:34 AM, Viqueeeez said:

I actually miscounted and am approaching 2500 cards. I want that 3rd opal from token market to get the 150k for lifetime agenda.

Then try and use that to buy cards for collecting and trading. 

38 minutes ago, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

Just surpassed 2500 cards, now at 2530 currently. I’m noticing that cards are getting a little more expensive than they were a week or two ago, like the heat check ones. I’m getting so close so I would hate for it to start to get out of reach now 1f605.png

Aye. Heat check is getting very expensive very quickly. Just passed the 1250 mark today myself. Got loads of cards while making a decent profit on the auction house. Hoping they will re-release old packs now that nba2k21 is on the horizon 

7 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

im on 2300 or so, cards are getting expensive, but i'm still sniping so that helps when you get Heat Checks for sub $2k :)

for your sake i hope you mean sub 2kMT ?

just curious...how much time do you spend sniping at a time, before it gets too boring? 

5 hours ago, Malex595 said:

for your sake i hope you mean sub 2kMT 1f605.png

just curious...how much time do you spend sniping at a time, before it gets too boring? 

Speaking for myself, I get bored when nothing pops within a handful of refreshes.. Thus far I managed to "snipe" 1 goat mj.. netted me 22k profit lol.

Just working the auction house is the way to go for me. Last 6 days I managed a profit of 500k and I'm playing something like 4 hours a day

23 hours ago, Malex595 said:

for your sake i hope you mean sub 2kMT 1f605.png

yep, i meant 2k MT - i'm not spending a cent of real money on this game.

I'll snipe for maybe 10min, then stop. also depends if the filter is hot or not.

For Heat Checks, I bought anything that was 2000MT or less, then resold them for about 5-6k each (this was awhile ago). did this for about 40-50 different cards.

Longest i've gone without getting something is 30min lol

people on youtube will snipe for hours, but it helps when you have a dual monitor setup and can watch YT or netflix while they do it.

• Like 1

all prices have been spiking for weeks, now it's just ridiculous... you can't buy a heat check for under 5k (buy now)...

i'm at around 2350 cards, and it's becoming depressing at times....i've invested so much time in this stupid trophy over the past month, and by the looks of it, i will need to invest another couple of months for sure ...

every time the price of heat checks rises by around 1k, i just figure, add another month to the total amount i spend on this crap....i've been working the AH mostly with silvers, and in the past week, the lowest buy now price has doubled, while the regular range stayed the same....this just means my profit martin has been cut to under 1k, at best. 

this game makes me cry so much....

45 minutes ago, Malex595 said:

all prices have been spiking for weeks, now it's just ridiculous... you can't buy a heat check for under 5k (buy now)...

i'm at around 2350 cards, and it's becoming depressing at times....i've invested so much time in this stupid trophy over the past month, and by the looks of it, i will need to invest another couple of months for sure ...

every time the price of heat checks rises by around 1k, i just figure, add another month to the total amount i spend on this crap....i've been working the AH mostly with silvers, and in the past week, the lowest buy now price has doubled, while the regular range stayed the same....this just means my profit martin has been cut to under 1k, at best. 

I've seen couple of heat checks 3k or less.. but haven't been fully focused on heat checks tbh. 

I just updated my spreadsheet and have sold a total of 234 cards last week with an average profit of 2.4k. There might be tactics that have a higher margin, but what I'm working now works for me. It won't be easy to finish (unless 2k brings back old packs) but I'm still confident even tho I'm only at 1400 cards atm.

I've found that on days when the daily login packs drop, those cards can be bought cheaper than usual and sold 3-4 days later for a decent profit 

49 minutes ago, Malex595 said:

Whats the best way to make profit now? 

I've only just started and maybe I'm too late to the party... Sitting on 550 cards with $130k in hand.... I've tried buying contract bundles and splitting. Made some money from it, but maybe only 10k per bundle and they don't always sell so it takes ages. 

Is there any types of cards I should look at to buy cheap and flip for a decent profit? Seen quite a few post here how they have made millions in a week but I don't see how that's possible at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Whats the best way to make profit now? 

I've only just started and maybe I'm too late to the party... Sitting on 550 cards with $130k in hand.... I've tried buying contract bundles and splitting. Made some money from it, but maybe only 10k per bundle and they don't always sell so it takes ages. 

Is there any types of cards I should look at to buy cheap and flip for a decent profit? Seen quite a few post here how they have made millions in a week but I don't see how that's possible at the moment. 

You're not too late at all. You can easily make millions of MT without ever sniping a single card. @SaviorKIA and I wrote a trophy guide detailing the strategies we used to obtain the platinum quickly. The guide is currently going through the review process and should be published very soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tentativeuser said:

You're not too late at all. You can easily make millions of MT without ever sniping a single card. @SaviorKIA and I wrote a trophy guide detailing the strategies we used to obtain the platinum quickly. The guide is currently going through the review process and should be published very soon. 

The trophy guide has been published :)  We've grouped our tips from multiple threads. We put the greatest emphasis on the methods of using Auction House. Link below.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/10734-nba-2k20-trophy-guide

But remember, after NBA 2K21 will be released in 3 days, the Auction House might be flipped in both good and bad ways or stay stable until next-gen consoles.

Good luck hunters! :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Thanks for putting together a guide.

500 hours looks really high (if you are good at working the AH) but who knows how much time I spent.

We weren't sure how many hours we should put there. We've obtained it in about 200+ hours I think, but it will be much longer since the guide is released now, when auction house will be less efficient (less players, cause of 2K21) and no locker codes, which will cause players to buy much more expensive players or play tons of offline games.

It's hard to predict estimated time for players that will start game now, but it for sure will be much more than ours 200hours.

Edited by SaviorKIA

7 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

yep, i meant 2k MT - i'm not spending a cent of real money on this game.

I'll snipe for maybe 10min, then stop. also depends if the filter is hot or not.

For Heat Checks, I bought anything that was 2000MT or less, then resold them for about 5-6k each (this was awhile ago). did this for about 40-50 different cards.

Longest i've gone without getting something is 30min lol

people on youtube will snipe for hours, but it helps when you have a dual monitor setup and can watch YT or netflix while they do it.

Try sniping GOAT card on weekend. Dunno why, but that work very well for me. Usually I snipe 2-3 GOAT card/weekend

Last weekend i sniped 5 GOAT (1x magic @50k, 2× KD and 2x shaq). With that i able to raise my MT from 200k to 850k in just 1 day, enough for me to buy that PG Giannis.

If you have Vita, i suggest you use remote play when sniping at AH. At least you dont need to sit in front your TV all the time when try your luck at AH lol

It took both SaviorKIA and I very little time to obtain this trophy, so we went back and forth regarding the estimate. I wish we could specify a range instead of giving a specific number due to the various factors that can affect the time to platinum. We mentioned that you can potentially cut that time by almost an order of magnitude if you focus on the Auction House, but it would certainly take much longer if you primarily play the single player aspect of the game. We also wanted to account for the fact that market conditions change over time and someone attempting this in 2021 may have different results than someone who starts right now. I did, however, test both Auction House strategies with a friend and I have confirmed that they are both incredibly effective. In fact, the higher market prices have only improved their margins and profitability. 

Regardless, we will adjust the estimated time for now and change it as cards become more scarce in the future. 

Edited by Tentativeuser