Ultimate Collector Tracking

PFinchen

13 hours ago, Royze said:

Aye. If im lucky in can add maybe 1 to 2 cards under 10k a day to my collection,  not counting heat checks.  With the development of prices im leaning on buying the full set of diamond token cards as I believe they will be cheaper than 30 cards at the auction house

How many token cards do you have so far?

I cleared everything below Diamond. Got 20 diamonds and 15 Pink Diamonds for the Agenda Balls.

11 minutes ago, kevinyang82 said:

How many token cards do you have so far?

I cleared everything below Diamond. Got 20 diamonds and 15 Pink Diamonds for the Agenda Balls.

Everything below diamond fully cleared. Sitting on 700 tokens and close to the 750 from 2500 cards

Anyone else using VC earns in my career to buy packs in my team?

so not paying real money to 2k but getting the daily wheel spin, agent money and mycareer games you might play?

bern doing this a while now and bought a few moments packs which have collected a few cards plus flipped. 

45 minutes ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

so not paying real money to 2k but getting the daily wheel spin, agent money and mycareer games you might play?

bern doing this a while now and bought a few moments packs which have collected a few cards plus flipped. 

I bought 2 GOAT packs with vc earned from mycareer but didn't get anything good. 

With all the time spent in the AH im not having a lot of time for mycareer atm . 

On 10/11/2020 at 3:49 PM, m0nk3y_aust said:

I've been doing AFK VC in MyLeague along with the daily spin and agent visit to get VC and I bought the MyTeam Diamond and Pink Diamond and two GOAT packs. I'm currently working to get enough VC for the MyTeam Galaxy pack. I can't remember my Diamond card but it was someone I needed. The Pink Diamond was Russell Westbrook which I already had so I flipped in the Auction House. The two GOAT packs I got two cards I already owned, Bill Russell and I think Hakeem was the other.

9 hours ago, ounity said:

I've been doing AFK VC in MyLeague along with the daily spin and agent visit to get VC and I bought the MyTeam Diamond and Pink Diamond and two GOAT packs. I'm currently working to get enough VC for the MyTeam Galaxy pack. I can't remember my Diamond card but it was someone I needed. The Pink Diamond was Russell Westbrook which I already had so I flipped in the Auction House. The two GOAT packs I got two cards I already owned, Bill Russell and I think Hakeem was the other.

What are you're settings for the "AFK VC" and how much are you getting per game? how long does it take?

11 hours ago, ounity said:

What's AFK MyLeague?

I know what the mode is, i didnt know you could get VC from it?

6 hours ago, Allstillwell said:

What are you're settings for the "AFK VC" and how much are you getting per game? how long does it take?

If I remember correctly the only settings I've been changing is fatigue and quarter length to 12 minutes. Almost all the youtube video say it takes 4 minutes to sim but its closer to 6 minutes per game due to timeouts. And from what I've experienced you don't have to win the games, you still get VC if you lose. From my experiments 12 minute quarter lengths with simcast live gets you 300 VC. 8 minute quarter length is I think 200 VC. I just kept it at 12 minutes.

4 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

What's AFK MyLeague?

In MyLeague if you change the quarter length to 12 minutes and then select Simcast live on a game you'll get 300 VC per game, it takes 5-6 minutes per game.

Oh and when the Simcast Live starts you'll adjust the sim speed to 6X. I usually start it a game and then go and do something around the house and make sure to check it every few minutes so I can start the next game. Probably not the best or easiest way to get VC but it works for me.

9 hours ago, ounity said:

If I remember correctly the only settings I've been changing is fatigue and quarter length to 12 minutes. Almost all the youtube video say it takes 4 minutes to sim but its closer to 6 minutes per game due to timeouts. And from what I've experienced you don't have to win the games, you still get VC if you lose. From my experiments 12 minute quarter lengths with simcast live gets you 300 VC. 8 minute quarter length is I think 200 VC. I just kept it at 12 minutes.

In MyLeague if you change the quarter length to 12 minutes and then select Simcast live on a game you'll get 300 VC per game, it takes 5-6 minutes per game.

Oh and when the Simcast Live starts you'll adjust the sim speed to 6X. I usually start it a game and then go and do something around the house and make sure to check it every few minutes so I can start the next game. Probably not the best or easiest way to get VC but it works for me.

This method would work great for me, as I have the game on during work. Lots of pausing here and there between working and taking a break where a 4min qtr Challenge game can take me 2 hours, so this AFK method is perfect.

18 hours ago, ounity said:

I

Cool thanks for the tip - I can earn VC while I take a dump :)

On 10/14/2020 at 5:51 AM, m0nk3y_aust said:

What's AFK MyLeague?

In addition to what others have said, I set the quarter length to 12 mins, difficulty to hall of fame, no fatuige, and game speed at 100. When you start the game, move your selector to the center so that the cpu plays the game. The cpu will play the entire game and you get 1100 vc at the end. I am not sure if you make less vc for a loss so I run the games using the lakers. I occasionally press x to skip foul animations and half time shows and avoid the ps4 going into rest but let the game run it's course and do my work throughout the day.

What have you guys been buying with the VC? Should I save up for that Goat pack that's 25k vc or should i buy those 2.8k vc series 2 packs? or anything else?

Also I tried that simcast live and played a game at the end it said it was "saving my vc earnings" i went and checked and i didn't get anything. but the regular play now is working and im getting 1100 vc per game that's taking about 45 minutes to complete on 12 minute quarters. I do sometimes press x to skip the fouls and halftime when i'm near the controller but it's been great so far. I've been able to work on some PS3 games while 2k is running.

Edited by Allstillwell

6 hours ago, Allstillwell said:

What have you guys been buying with the VC? Should I save up for that Goat pack that's 25k vc or should i buy those 2.8k vc series 2 packs? or anything else?

Also I tried that simcast live and played a game at the end it said it was "saving my vc earnings" i went and checked and i didn't get anything. but the regular play now is working and im getting 1100 vc per game that's taking about 45 minutes to complete on 12 minute quarters. I do sometimes press x to skip the fouls and halftime when i'm near the controller but it's been great so far. I've been able to work on some PS3 games while 2k is running.

With Simcast Live, I was getting 300vc for 12min quarters. 125vc when I set it to 5mins.

21 hours ago, Allstillwell said:

Not sure what sim cast live is but you have to press play game and not pick a team. Let the cpu play

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/09/2020 at 0:51 AM, Malex595 said:

at the moment, i'm at 2851 cards and that includes:

'20 current nba (complete)

'20 current nba series 2 (complete)

Heat checks (missing 10 cards)

Moments (missing 22 cards)

Rewards (completed domination and token rewards everything up until diamond and 3 cards from tripple threat, 10 cards from spolight players, 38 from players club and all time spotlight sims complete)

Premium ( roughly 476 cards)

HIstoric uniforms (Complete)

Misc ( missing 8 coaches)

can someone who has gotten the trophy full this in so we know what we can aim for?

2 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

can someone who has gotten the trophy full this in so we know what we can aim for?

That's about accurate.  I didn't have quite as many HCs (was missing 30), but I had closer to 500 premiums, only missing 10 moments, 20/25 pink diamonds token rewards, 26/40 spotlight rewards, and only 4 spotlight sims (saved those for last, as the last 5 cards seemed like it took forever).

At some point I decided to buy some of the more expensive spotlight series cards (Payton, Dumars, Roy, etc) as a temporary thing.  I used them to get the spotlight rewards and then I would sell them a few days later, typically for a decent profit, worse case was breaking even on Dumars. So while it sucked to pay 80k for Roy, I got a spotlight card out of it and then sold Roy for 90k to go buy more HC/premiums.

15 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

You can look at my last post with the categories. I only needed the offline cards so got those and bought OOP LeBron, Glitched Giannis, McGrady and Porzingis and a few other premiums/Heat Checks I found for ~10K.

Sold most of HC since. Only about 4 teams left.

Edited by kevinyang82

22 hours ago, Riskojk said:

I'm going for cheap moments cards at the moment. I have 4 cards on auction and I need 6 cards, so if these all sell I might be able to finish today.

Edit: If anyone wants to buy Out of Position Dwyane Wade for 20800 or Campus Legends Jimmer Fredette for 22250 then I will be able to buy the last card I need and start putting my other cards on the market for 500.

sent a pm.

I need to get around 150 cards between the AH and Token players and then I can begin focusing on the offline stuff like Domination and Spotlight. I did cheat and I did two of the Domination rounds to get me to the 2500 threshold so I could get the 750 tokens to use. I was really trying to hold off on those until I knew for sure I was done with AH.

1409 cards, as of today.

This is one of the most grueling grinds I've ever experienced in any game, and I'm not even halfway done :(

F*** Sony for making this crap free on PS+, f*** me for starting it, but most importantly, f*** whoever designed this miserable excuse for a trophy.

Edited by ElevExplorer64
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 11:27 PM, ElevExplorer64 said:

F*** Sony for making this crap free on PS+, f*** me for starting it, but most importantly, f*** whoever designed this miserable excuse for a trophy.

i feel your pain my friend.

but this is what trophy hunting should be. i hope you don't mind me going over your trophy list a bit...with the exception of rayman, every platinum you have is laughable, so it's only natural that you have no idea what true effort really means.

Stay strong and i hope you get this trophy in the end

On 11/3/2020 at 5:27 PM, ElevExplorer64 said:

1409 cards, as of today.

This is one of the most grueling grinds I've ever experienced in any game, and I'm not even halfway done :(

I'm right there with ya man I have 1,408 cards...I'm going slow and steady hoping I can get this done. Are you using the passive VC method at all?

13 hours ago, Malex595 said:

with the exception of rayman, every platinum you have is laughable, so it's only natural that you have no idea what true effort really means.

Ouch. I deserved that; I really do have way too much filler on my profile.

I haven't given up on this trophy yet, as I've already made it this far. I'm hoping to get this trophy by the end of 2020.

3 hours ago, Allstillwell said:

Are you using the passive VC method at all?

I don't know what that is, but it definitely seems helpful. Could you please tell me how the passive VC method works?

2 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I don't know what that is, but it definitely seems helpful. Could you please tell me how the passive VC method works?

Ok what you want to do is go to myleague and pick a team ( doesn't matter which team, everyone picks the Lakers), then go settings and  put the quarter length to 12 minutes, game speed to 100, and turn off all fouls ( I also like to have the trade override turned on) Now start a game and when they show you the screen of who you're playing move the player indicator to the middle so it says CPU. The game will play out and at the end when you quit the game you'll get 1100 VC for a win and 1000 for a loss. Now this method takes about 30-40 minutes to complete. So you can now get up and do other stuff watch a movie, netflix, PC games, work on some PS3 trophies, house work, cleaning. (all of which I've done while 2k has been running)  Also if you are able to monitor 2k remember to skip the timeout's and the halftime show.

Some people said that the simcast live works ( which only takes about 10 minutes but you get a lot less VC) but I tried that and didn't get any VC so I've been sticking with the one I mentioned above.

Another thing is I assume you have a Mycareer player don't forget to spin the prize wheel and pick up the daily 500 VC at the agent office.