Ultimate Collector Tracking

PFinchen

17 hours ago, MakkutheCrazy said:

Hey guys, with an offer I could buy this NBA2K20, is it possible to get this trophy by starting now? (above all, without spending money? 1f636.png)

Thanks in advance! 1f601.png

You can get it, the longest trophy is GOAT which is collecting 2,900 cards which is a huge grind but cards get cheaper over time.  The other trophies are pretty easy - nothing difficulty related.

Just be prepared for a long grind for GOAT.  I bought NBA 2K19 on sale over All-star weekend last year (Feb) and was able to get GOAT without too much effort for that. But it was only 2,500 cards last year to achieve.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, djb5f said:

You can get it, the longest trophy is GOAT which is collecting 2,900 cards which is a huge grind but cards get cheaper over time.  The other trophies are pretty easy - nothing difficulty related.

Just be prepared for a long grind for GOAT.  I bought NBA 2K19 on sale over All-star weekend last year (Feb) and was able to get GOAT without too much effort for that. But it was only 2,500 cards last year to achieve.

I should start MyTEAM in the next few days. I hope I can get it and will just not waste time for an impossible platinum

5 minutes ago, djb5f said:

possible but no one is trying to collect every single card there is.

There's almost 3000 possible cards to get right now.  I have 2800 right now.  I need to do spotlights and I pretty much will have 2900.

Edited by grimydawg___

3 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

There's almost 3000 possible cards to get right now.  I have 2800 right now.  I need to do spotlights and I pretty much will have 2900.

right. I am just saying they won’t be make new cards for whoever has great performances from the week.  Who knows his long the season is suspended.

Most don’t want to grind every possible card and save up for most of the high end cards so it is important they have a few hundred cards extra.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

right. I am just saying they won’t be make new cards for whoever has great performances from the week.  Who knows his long the season is suspended.

Most don’t want to grind every possible card and save up for most of the high end cards so it is important they have a few hundred cards extra.

There aren't that many right now TBH and a lot of them are pink diamonds anyway.  I hate the fact that they removed the moments of the week collection.  Those were an extra 8-10 players.

19 hours ago, djb5f said:

Ok, and... can i get these cards only in single mode or also playing online? How does it work? Is it difficult to get them or is it only long? Thank you again in advance!

2 hours ago, MakkutheCrazy said:

Ok, and... can i get these cards only in single mode or also playing online? How does it work? Is it difficult to get them or is it only long? Thank you again in advance!

Yes, you can get most in single player challenges and such.  More grindy than difficult.

15 hours ago, djb5f said:

With the NBA suspended indefinitely, that will lower the possible card count.

I was thinking the same thing. Cracked 1600 cards yesterday but that’s a long way to go, especially if they don’t increase card counts much and I have to grind for some crazy expensive cards. 

17 hours ago, djb5f said:

With the NBA suspended indefinitely, that will lower the possible card count.

Considering card releases generate a huge amount of income for 2K, I'm sure they will find a way around it and come up with something to compensate... a theme or two, perhaps.

• Like 1

I'm not especially worried. Since they got rid of moments of the week, current players/events have become a relatively small number of cards released each month. I don't see any reason for them to stop releasing theme sets, prime series, or spotlight cards in addition to hopefully more token rewards. And really, all they need to do is add a historic set and we'll be good to go for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrea9281 said:

I'm not especially worried. Since they got rid of moments of the week, current players/events have become a relatively small number of cards released each month. I don't see any reason for them to stop releasing theme sets, prime series, or spotlight cards in addition to hopefully more token rewards. And really, all they need to do is add a historic set and we'll be good to go for sure.

yes, I can’t believe they have not added the normal historic set yet.  That would be like 300 cards, 10 players on 30 teams.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkNaples1926 said:

Guys, is the GOAT trophy still obtainable or the suspension of the league make it unobtainable?

it will be obtainable, they nearly have enough cards released already.  The suspension will just make it a little harder as there will be fewer possible cards than there otherwise would have been.

I just hit 2500 cards last night, but no idea where I will get 400 more cards.  Hopefully, they release another big set.

29 minutes ago, DarkNaples1926 said:

I've, like, 10 cards right now. I started MyClub just yesterday. I think it'll be impossible for me

Unless you are willing to spend actual money on VC, I would agree. One of the better money making opportunities (buying cards, evolving them, selling them back for profit) is now all but dead because of the extremely overpowered cards that are being released, and lack of decent evolution cards in general recently. This will make it much harder to accumulate the kind of MT you need to get your collection this high, not to mention how expensive some of the older cards (like the lower tier moments of the week) are relative to when they released.

On 14/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, Andrea9281 said:

Unless you are willing to spend actual money on VC, I would agree. One of the better money making opportunities (buying cards, evolving them, selling them back for profit) is now all but dead because of the extremely overpowered cards that are being released, and lack of decent evolution cards in general recently. This will make it much harder to accumulate the kind of MT you need to get your collection this high, not to mention how expensive some of the older cards (like the lower tier moments of the week) are relative to when they released.

I never spent money on a game, and I'm not gonna do it for sure. Which game mode is the best to earn VCs?

13 minutes ago, DarkNaples1926 said:

I never spent money on a game, and I'm not gonna do it for sure. Which game mode is the best to earn VCs?

Go through domination and I also recommend doing daily/weekly challenges in the agenda.  Also, make sure you log in every day for free rewards.  Learn the market for certain cards and flip via Auction House for easy profit.

On 14/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, Andrea9281 said:

Oh... So, if someone started now, would they have to spend money? ? Is it possible of them to have made such an awful trophy? 

Currently at 2620, almost at that GO Sabonis, and I still have Historic and All-time Dom and the Spotlight challenges to complete. Got super lucky pulling GO TMac and GO Simmons, so those helped acquire a ton of MT to where I was able to grow almost 2k cards within a couple weeks. 

@MakkutheCrazy welcome to 2K, one of the most P2W games out there, and having such a dumb trophy such as collecting 2900 cards, you're more than likely going to be tempted to throw money at the game, if you have any extra amount of cash that is. All in all it's not worth it, this might be my first ever 2K platinum so I'm still going to grind for it, probably just wait it out until the summer time to wrap up the last amount of cards I'll need. You can also just buy MT. 500k is like 60$? Then again, not saying you should, but it's out there

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MakkutheCrazy said:

Oh... So, if someone started now, would they have to spend money? 1f61e.png Is it possible of them to have made such an awful trophy? 

I can't imagine doing it now as no money spent. It's going to be hard enough for me to get there playing since September without spending anything on the game. 

I was attracted to this game because it was the first 2k list to not really include a lot of Multiplayer. Instead it is just a horrid grind, and I actually have done the infamous 12-0 a couple times even without there being a trophy for it this year. I've actually enjoyed it more often than not, but there is no way I'll be playing next year if they have a similar trophy as Ultimate Collector.

• Like 1