PFinchen

Ultimate Collector Tracking

145 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, King Hayes said:

I never purchased any of the GO Token Reward players. Used up all tokens to clear up all boards up to PD. Better investment IMO if you're just trying to get the trophy then no longer playing that mode (which I'm doing lol)


yes, but I got my first GO reward for the trophy (now probably easier to get off the AH).  If you get 3 from the GO board, you get 150,000 coins (no tax) as a reward.  This is pretty good for buying other cards.

 

Should have plenty of tokens left to clean up most of the boards if you lock in collections.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, djb5f said:


yes, but I got my first GO reward for the trophy (now probably easier to get off the AH).  If you get 3 from the GO board, you get 150,000 coins (no tax) as a reward.  This is pretty good for buying other cards.

 

Should have plenty of tokens left to clean up most of the boards if you lock in collections.

It's okay, IMO and what worked best for me was just clearing out the boards. 750 tokens for 3 players just for 150k MT? to me that wasn't worth it lol. I have almost every collection locked too, however cards like the PD Gary Payton going for 200k MT when the collection reward is just 50 tokens? yeah that's not worth it either lmao

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, King Hayes said:

19 more, and I still have those annoying MyCareer trophies to go for too ugh. Can't wait to platinum this game. Never getting another 2k game ever again smh 

This 2k is actually fairly easy.  You don't even have to play scrubs online 🤷‍♂️

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grimydawg___ said:

This 2k is actually fairly easy.  You don't even have to play scrubs online 🤷‍♂️

oh I'm aware that it's easy lol, I just hate collector level trophies. And this game in general is just not fun to play IMO. 2K15/16 were probably my more fave ones

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, King Hayes said:

oh I'm aware that it's easy lol, I just hate collector level trophies. And this game in general is just not fun to play IMO. 2K15/16 were probably my more fave ones

Facts those were my favorite as well.  At least this ain't 2k18.  That gameplay SUCKED.  2k20 is my 2k for this generation.  I'll wait until ps5 comes out for 2k21

Edited by grimydawg___
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

Facts those were my favorite as well.  At least this ain't 2k18.  That gameplay SUCKED

and the MyTeam checklist bs... 

 

only way I'll get the next 2K is IF (and a big IF) I catch up on my huge backlog of games, cause 2K requires a lot of time (and money if you throw money at packs/mt and blah blah blah)

Edited by King Hayes
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 4/30/2020 at 0:01 AM, King Hayes said:

19 more, and I still have those annoying MyCareer trophies to go for too ugh. Can't wait to platinum this game. Never getting another 2k game ever again smh 

Don’t worry, the MyCareer trophies are far, far easier than any of the MyTeam stuff. 

Edited by PFinchen
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PFinchen said:

Don’t worry, the MyCareer trophies are far, far easier than any of the MyTeam stuff. 

yeah I managed to get the 4 I was needing (Quad-Double trophy and the 20 Def RB and two OFF RB trophies) within an hour or so. Last trophy is the collector one! 15 cards till platinum!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got the plat. Time to sell everything back that I can lol

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone know how many cards are in the game currently?
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I assume we need online access to get this trophy, but the 2k servers will be shut off Dec 31 2021.

 

Let's say I average 3 cards per day, and play everyday of till 2021:

 

That's 3 x 365 = 1095 cards per year.

 

So fo 2020 and 2021, thats 1095 x 2 = 2190cards before servers are shut,

 

The trophy would then be unattainable I assume? If it's 2950 cards for the GOAT trophy?

Edited by m0nk3y_aust
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

I assume we need online access to get this trophy, but the 2k servers will be shut off Dec 31 2021.

 

Let's say I average 3 cards per day, and play everyday of till 2021:

 

That's 3 x 365 = 1095 cards per year.

 

So fo 2020 and 2021, thats 1095 x 2 = 2190cards before servers are shut,

 

The trophy would then be unattainable I assume? If it's 2950 cards for the GOAT trophy?

 

The trophy GOAT will become unattainable once the online servers are shut.

 

It's only 2900 for the GOAT trophy, but it definitely not an easy road. I played since launch (early September) and I finished GOAT in March. I'm not sure if they Series 1 Collection and Heat Check packs are still available (please correct me if you know) which might make the trophy a little tougher considering you would have to buy these cards from the Auction House. Its definitely a long grind and I was lucky getting a few Galaxy Opal cards in packs (through coins earned playing MyCareer mode) that I was able to sell for lots of MT, which allowed me to buy quite a few cards.

 

Good luck if you decide to do it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, ph0nix123 said:

 

The trophy GOAT will become unattainable once the online servers are shut.

 

It's only 2900 for the GOAT trophy, but it definitely not an easy road. I played since launch (early September) and I finished GOAT in March. I'm not sure if they Series 1 Collection and Heat Check packs are still available (please correct me if you know) which might make the trophy a little tougher considering you would have to buy these cards from the Auction House. Its definitely a long grind and I was lucky getting a few Galaxy Opal cards in packs (through coins earned playing MyCareer mode) that I was able to sell for lots of MT, which allowed me to buy quite a few cards.

 

Good luck if you decide to do it.

 

Thanks - i'm only at 150 or so right now, I started only a few weeks ago, since the lockdown. So i'm pretty far behind.

 

But I like NBA (god i miss sport) so I dont mind the grind.

 

Once I get more cards, i'll sell any GO etc that I get etc to buy more Bronze and run up the collection :)

Edited by m0nk3y_aust
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 8:25 AM, ph0nix123 said:

 

The trophy GOAT will become unattainable once the online servers are shut.

 

It's only 2900 for the GOAT trophy, but it definitely not an easy road. I played since launch (early September) and I finished GOAT in March. I'm not sure if they Series 1 Collection and Heat Check packs are still available (please correct me if you know) which might make the trophy a little tougher considering you would have to buy these cards from the Auction House. Its definitely a long grind and I was lucky getting a few Galaxy Opal cards in packs (through coins earned playing MyCareer mode) that I was able to sell for lots of MT, which allowed me to buy quite a few cards.

 

Good luck if you decide to do it.


 

It is a long road for sure.  I can’t believe they increased GOAT from 2,500 cards to 2,900 but took away the normal historic card collection (~300 cards).

 

I just unlocked GO Sabonis so a little under 250 cards left, but not an easy path.  
 

As for the various packs in the store, they tend to rotate them around so I am sure Heat Check cards will be back soon enough and flooding the market again.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I started over trophy hunting on this new account a few days ago and I'm contemplating starting this game on it after playing it for a fair amount of time on the old account (I wasn't too far into it, I had like 1000 cards but they were all affordable/easy to get).
How possible it is to do from scratch now ? What should I prioritize ? For those who played previous NBA 2k games, how do you think the auction house will evolve once the next game releases (I'm afraid a lot of common cards will become almost impossible to get due to low supply/packs no longer available and the playerbase not caring enough about them) ?
This is the first NBA 2k game I put a bit of effort into and it was a lot of fun so far so I don't mind putting a lot of hours into it during the upcoming months if I can get it done (maybe I could finish it before the end of the year).

 

(I really hope they will add the Heat Check packs again at some point, it would suck to have to get them all from the auction house)

Edited by SkepticV_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, I just started up the game here a couple days ago and I'd like to platinum, but I know this collection trophy will be the hardest one. Is it possible to do this late into starting? I already have 250 cards after two days with some money spent, but I'm worried im too late to make it to the final total needed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we cant found the player series 1 now just the series 2, i think this trophy is blocked if you are new player

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spid28 said:

we cant found the player series 1 now just the series 2, i think this trophy is blocked if you are new player

its still possible to buy them on the market though right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slipknot_Fan007 said:

its still possible to buy them on the market though right?


yes, but honestly I think you are starting too late.

 

I bet they put on Series I packs out again at some point as they tend to rotate different types of cards in and out (see Heat Check) but I think getting 2,900 at this point would be insane.  Not many have gotten GOAT even those who bought the game at launch and they either grinded non-stop, used quite a bit of money, or both.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m approaching 2,100 cards and I’ve been playing this game fairly consistently since day 1. I’m not the most active but it’s a decent measurement of the timeframe in question. I wouldn’t recommend pursuing this platinum if you’re starting today. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im about 380 cards now, getting about 5-6 cards per day 

 

almost finished historic domination,  and move on all time domination

 

any particular order after domination to maximise the number of cards I get per day? I plat some Triple Threat offline every now and then but i know that's not the best way to get cards.

 

Next would be Team Spotlight challenges and then the weekly challenges?

 

Im already using tokens I get to clear the rewards boards, and logging in everyday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s an event going through May 31st in which every triple threat offline win gives you a mystery card. I watched some YouTube videos and saw Opals and Pink Diamonds being pulled at a decent clip. Could be worth playing some TTO, if nothing else you could flip an ultra rare card for a lot of MT. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2020 at 4:37 AM, PFinchen said:

There’s an event going through May 31st in which every triple threat offline win gives you a mystery card. I watched some YouTube videos and saw Opals and Pink Diamonds being pulled at a decent clip. Could be worth playing some TTO, if nothing else you could flip an ultra rare card for a lot of MT. 

 

I tried TTO twice but only got some shoes and a contract card :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to change my approach to this now.

 

Just finished Historic Domination and will get onto All Time today.

 

Had lots of MT to spend so I went crazy in the Auction House yesterday, and bought about 50 cheap cards, from both Series 1 and 2 sets.

 

So im about 480cards now.

 

Looking to bang out another session in the Auction House when I get back up to 100k MT.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.