Ultimate Collector Tracking

PFinchen

2 hours ago, LucienNL said:

You want to have your account banned? Then go for it lol.

Hmmmm. I've just checked single topic on 2kgamer. There is a guy who had 29 million MTs. He sold everything. Didn't get banned. So I don't think he will get banned for buying few hundreds. Ofc there is still a chance, but I don't think 2K cares about buy/sell MTs in last month of game.

Ofc if you buy any, don't be stupid and don't use 20 bronze cards 100k each, to buy 2m MTs at once. It's too obvious.

Edited by SaviorKIA

19 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

Hmmmm. I've just checked single topic on 2kgamer. There is a guy who had 29 million MTs. He sold everything. Didn't get banned. So I don't think he will get banned for buying few hundreds. Ofc there is still a chance, but I don't think 2K cares about buy/sell MTs in last month of game.

Ofc if you buy any, don't be stupid and don't use 20 bronze cards 100k each, to buy 2m MTs at once. It's too obvious.

If you use the auction house you can make a lot coins made like 20K coins and his my first full day of using the auction house. Buy low sell quite higher than what you paid for. 

34 minutes ago, LucienNL said:

I have no idea. But I have 2 guys on my friendslist who got banned. 1 of them in 2K19 though. A lot of people do get away with it but some don't. With that being said, there is a risk.

I agree with this. I've heard reports of people getting banned in 2k19 for suspected real world transactions even after 2k20 was released. There have definitely been ban waves, although it's impossible to catch everyone due to the sheer size of the playerbase. 

10 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

If you use the auction house you can make a lot coins made like 20K coins and his my first full day of using the auction house. Buy low sell quite higher than what you paid for. 

This is exactly how you get this trophy. You can make a ton of MT in very little time and even control/influence the prices of certain cards once you have enough. At this point, someone who understands the auction house can easily obtain this trophy within 3 weeks with minimal actual playtime. Just checking up on the auction house every 4 hours will suffice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, patrickogorman19 said:

Exactly. I'm earning like 50k-100k only using AH for like 2 hours a day in total (login every 4 hours except night time, which isn't perfect for AH, because I'm from Europe so I'm sleeping when AH usage is most intense). Yesterday I had rly good day and earned more than 100k.

Ofc before that, it took me some time to earn like 100-150k MT, so I can reinvest them and find some profitable card.

Edited by SaviorKIA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

This might be a dumb question but do the MT rewards for Domination difficulties stack? Like if I complete a Dom team on Superstar difficulty, am I getting the MT rewards for Pro & All-Star as well? I know the packs/tokens stack but not sure about MT.

Yup they do

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

This might be a dumb question but do the MT rewards for Domination difficulties stack? Like if I complete a Dom team on Superstar difficulty, am I getting the MT rewards for Pro & All-Star as well? I know the packs/tokens stack but not sure about MT.

Yep, everything stacks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Thanks for the answers guys! Also feel like the market is really weird today. Been averaging 50k-100k profit which Ive been reinvesting and then adding to my collection slowly as well but today I struggled to sell anything.

You're definitely on the right track. Some days will be better than others, but it should pick up again over the weekend. I recommend experimenting with different cards periodically to find the ones that will generate the most profit. Only buy 1-2 copies of different cards in order to test the market first and you'll be able to figure it out from there. I assume you already have a solid card rotation going on, so just keep up the good work and you'll get the trophy. 

• Like 1

Is it worth sending shoes to AH or to just quick sell?

And also is it best to try and buy expensive cards to make profit, or try to complete all the main challenges like TTO and Domination exc.?

P.S I only really have bronze/silver shoe cards.

Edited by Shilly31415
Add something into the message

1 hour ago, Shilly31415 said:

Is it worth sending shoes to AH or to just quick sell?

And also is it best to try and buy expensive cards to make profit, or try to complete all the main challenges like TTO and Domination exc.?

P.S I only really have bronze/silver shoe cards.

It's better to quick sell most shoes. Diamond shoes can be sent to the auction house if they're desirable. I managed to make tons of MT from certain lower value (Amethyst/Diamond) cards because buyers are still overpaying for them. You can buy cards at their lowest non-snipe value and re-sell them for significantly more. You do have to experiment with different cards because the market changes over time, so don't buy too many copies of one card. For maximum efficiency, you can play Domination and then Spotlight/Historic Sims for the guaranteed cards while checking on the auction house every 4 hours. 

Edited by Tentativeuser
Elaborating on method

On 8/14/2020 at 3:18 AM, Tentativeuser said:

It's better to quick sell most shoes. Diamond shoes can be sent to the auction house if they're desirable. I managed to make tons of MT from certain lower value (Amethyst/Diamond) cards because buyers are still overpaying for them. You can buy cards at their lowest non-snipe value and re-sell them for significantly more. You do have to experiment with different cards because the market changes over time, so don't buy too many copies of one card. For maximum efficiency, you can play Domination and then Spotlight/Historic Sims for the guaranteed cards while checking on the auction house every 4 hours. 

Do shoes count towards the collector count?

5 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Do shoes count towards the collector count?

No.

Quick sell all Bronze and most Silver.  I make small profit on Silvers that have a + 3-point rating or Golds by using AH.  Definitely sell Diamond shoes on AH.  I sold a pair last night for over 25K!

• Like 2

On 14.08.2020 at 3:56 AM, TVDex252 said:

Thanks for the answers guys! Also feel like the market is really weird today. Been averaging 50k-100k profit which Ive been reinvesting and then adding to my collection slowly as well but today I struggled to sell anything.

Exactly, it depends on a day. E.g. I earn 100-200k every day right now, but this weekend is really great for me. On Friday I earned more than a milion (only at the evening I sold like 80-90 cards with about 8-8,5k profit on each). I think that bots went crazy on this day. Today and yesterday also got about half a milion a day. I still need 130 cards (50 from domination), but all of them cost 10-15k+, so it's not as close as it looks, but profit right now is very good from AH. Probably gonna finish this trophy in about 6 weeks from beginning, but with a lot of time spent in MyCareer instead of work AH as much as I could. So I think it was possible to finish this in 3-4 weeks as someone mentioned on this forum if you find your cards early on. The trophy will become much harder on 2K21 release for sure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

Exactly, it depends on a day. E.g. I earn 100-200k every day right now, but this weekend is really great for me. On Friday I earned more than a milion (only at the evening I sold like 80-90 cards with about 8-8,5k profit on each). I think that bots went crazy on this day. Today and yesterday also got about half a milion a day. I still need 130 cards (50 from domination), but all of them cost 10-15k+, so it's not as close as it looks, but profit right now is very good from AH. Probably gonna finish this trophy in about 6 weeks from beginning, but with a lot of time spent in MyCareer instead of work AH as much as I could. So I think it was possible to finish this in 3-4 weeks as someone mentioned on this forum if you find your cards early on. The trophy will become much harder on 2K21 release for sure.

Yeah, I think my issue is that I am struggling to find new cards for the profit rotation. Was working a few profitable pink diamond that for no apparent reason lost their value over the week. Trying to hunt down new cards for potential profit.

Do you guys rack up a ton of MT and then go after stuff you're missing or are you consistently buy needed cards while looking for cards to profit off of? 

Edited by TVDex252

8 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Yeah, I think my issue is that I am struggling to find new cards for the profit rotation. Was working a few profitable pink diamond that for no apparent reason lost their value over the week. Trying to hunt down new cards for potential profit.

Tbh I was using 3 cards for most time. It was Next Theme (Diamonds) and Jeff Green (PD). It was consistent, but somebody started buying my PD so I've decided to move on to Opals. Probably if I moved much earlier, I could finish trophy like 2 weeks ago. Now I'm using 15k+ Opals. You only have 50 slots on AH so it's much better to use cards that gives you more profit per card. Selling same amount of cards every 4 hours (maybe even a little more), but with 8k profit instead of 2-4k. Advice from me? Skip buying cards for a few days and jump straight from Silvers to GO cards

Edited by SaviorKIA

People usually figure out their own strategies when it comes to the auction house due to the volatile nature of the market. I easily finished in 3 weeks without ever touching Opals and it could've been faster if I worked the auction house from the start. My strategy maximizes sell rate and is generally immune to changes in the market. Once you have some MT (~200k will suffice), you can control the prices of certain cards. You can buy out all the lower priced listings and then flip them for several times their value. They have an almost 100% sell rate and you can easily make millions this way. 

Edited by Tentativeuser

1 hour ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

What cards are people buying? I got all bronze silver and gold. Working on cheap emeralds and sapphires now. 

got heaps of logos jerseys and playbooks and I’m only on 1900 cards

If you're at 1900 without heat check, you're on the right track I'd say. Ive gotten all NBA series 1 & 2 cards and about half of the heat check and Im at around 2200 cards.

1 hour ago, Viqueeeez said:

Is there an optimal strategy for using tokens and advancing on collector levels? Should them be used to advance to opal tier on rewards to get the 150k MT, opening lights out packages and quick selling for MT, or anything else?

Personally, I went for the rewards cards as some of them are decent enough to use in rotation so I can flip the Opal cards that have value. Plus its an easy way to get an extra 100 or so cards on the way to the 3 Opals for the 150k MT.

1 hour ago, Viqueeeez said:

Is there an optimal strategy for using tokens and advancing on collector levels? Should them be used to advance to opal tier on rewards to get the 150k MT, opening lights out packages and quick selling for MT, or anything else?

I just used mine for rewards cards. Never bought a single pack with the tokens because the auction house is so much faster in terms of making MT. It's potentially debatable with the Opals, but everything before that (Emerald, Sapphire, etc.) is cheap and the sheer amount of cards you get up to that point will save you MT in the long run. 

3 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

What cards are people buying? I got all bronze silver and gold. Working on cheap emeralds and sapphires now. 

got heaps of logos jerseys and playbooks and I’m only on 1900 cards

All I can say - People are buying everything. You just need to find cards that they are buying more than the others and which will give you good profit. I gave example working on GO cards in other thread. Buy at lowest price, then just place it back at 8-10k more. I you sell more than 10% of cards it's worth using this card, because you will have >40k every 4 hours, which will give you >200k a day. Using this method you will earn trophy in 4-5 weeks starting from nothing.

3 hours ago, Viqueeeez said:

Don't even try to go for that 150k MT. It's nothing compared to the amount of tokens (and time) you waste for it. You can make 150k in one day from AH and at the end 150k will give you like 15-20 cards. If you use tokens for redeeming cheaper cards, you will have 50 cards more with the same amount that you need for 3 opals. And ofc you will need to play tons of games to get that amount of tokens anyway. At the end I had every reward up to diamonds (not a single PD). Didn't play much games to grind tokens and used locker code for 750 tokens which is still available. It was enough.

2 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

If you're at 1900 without heat check, you're on the right track I'd say. Ive gotten all NBA series 1 & 2 cards and about half of the heat check and Im at around 2200 cards.

Nice. I think I had exactly same amount when going for heat check, so you're definitely on right track. It took me a week from that moment to finish trophy.

3 hours ago, Viqueeeez said:

I opened lights out with 300 tokens i had - after quick selling everything (shoes, duplicate cards etc), it made me 90k MT.

6 minutes ago, SaviorKIA said:

All I can say - People are buying everything. You just need to find cards that they are buying more than the others and which will give you good profit. I gave example working on GO cards in other thread. Buy at lowest price, then just place it back at 8-10k more. I you sell more than 10% of cards it's worth using this card, because you will have >40k every 4 hours, which will give you >200k a day. Using this method you will earn trophy in 4-5 weeks starting from nothing.

In terms of MT, i'm good - I sniped a Rashard Lewis GO for 500MT on the first day it came out, sold it for 1.6mil.

I actually started with some of the more expensive cards first, like the Heat Check collection over Series 1/2. I believe that any set that has potentially limited stock should be prioritized unless they're already too expensive. The cheap cards will remain cheap because they're saturated in the market, so it's better to focus on cards that might increase in price in the future. 

Edited by Tentativeuser

52 minutes ago, Tentativeuser said:

I actually started with some of the more expensive cards first, like the Heat Check collection over Series 1/2. I believe that any set that has potentially limited stock should be prioritized unless they're already too expensive. The cheap cards will remain cheap because they're saturated in the market, so it's better to focus on cards that might increase in price in the future. 

Totally agree. I luckily didn't go that way for Heat Check. When I started they were at 3,5-4k. Then they dropped to 2-2,5k. I bought all of them at 1,5-3k range. Now when I'm selling cards, half of cards are at 5-10k (and I'm selling them within an hour). So you all better get those cheap HCs asap, because they prices are going up very quick.

Edited by SaviorKIA