Ultimate Collector Tracking

PFinchen

On 8/11/2020 at 5:38 AM, xwolf8503 said:

I platinum'ed this game today, the most painful trophy, off course, is GOAT collector.

In my experience, the game changer for collecting card is when they update token market last month. I had about 4000 token at that moment, so i decide to redeemed that to new packs at token market. Pull 2x Rasheed Lewis, 1 x takeover Giannis and 1 x OOP Kevin Durant. Sold them at action house and got about 2 million MT coin. Unfortunately right now that cards value not too good.

*sorry for bad english, lol

That's pretty nice. I was lucky enough to get the Lamelo Ball Next card and got back a little over half of million MT. I still got quite a bit after buying cards, which I hit 2000 here just recently. Now I have went back to trying to complete a lot of the earlier Spotlight Challenges and got the first five except Dirk completed. Now, I am doing Dwight's and I might either go back to Dirk's or go and do Jason Kidd's so I can finish his and sell the Vince Carter card back. I hope I can get GOAT Collector before 2k21 comes out but I doubt that will happen.

Currently at 1510 cards with 266,390 MT

I still have All-time Dom, all the challenges to do. I completely finished the uniforms and miscellaneous (except coaches) cards.

How hard is the second half of collecting gonna be??

P.S I have some cards that could make a big amount of M.T for me (GOAT M.J, Shaq, Magic, Yao and a couple Wilts), what's the best play to go for?

Edited by Shilly31415

17 minutes ago, Shilly31415 said:

I still have All-time Dom, all the challenges to do. I completely finished the uniforms and miscellaneous (except coaches) cards.

P.S I have some cards that could make a big amount of M.T for me (GOAT M.J, Shaq, Magic, Yao and a couple Wilts), what's the best play to go for?

I would sell the GOs first, then slowly go through domination and finish that.

i'm almost there - 2000 cards, finished all domination and 99% of the logos/jerseys/coaches. No Heat Checks yet. 200k MT with 50 auctions expiring tonight.

Loooking to get this trophy before December, as i'll be very busy next year with a newborn and wont get time to play PS4 :(

Edited by m0nk3y_aust

5 minutes ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

Loooking to get this trophy before December, as i'll be very busy next year with a newborn and wont get time to play PS4 :(

I dunno, once I had kids, my playing time went up.  You are home a lot more often!

My play time is through the roof (compared to normal) with COVID-19 around.

3 minutes ago, Shilly31415 said:

Your pace is excellent, so I would say you're a couple of weeks away if you keep up what you're doing. If you're currently using those cards to help you with the content, then you should spend this week doing single-player content for the guaranteed cards and sell what you have next weekend. There is generally more profit potential on the weekends and next week will be an ideal time to sell before 2k21 potentially drops the overall demand. 

I am currently at 1350 right now . I still have many dominion , spotlight left . 

Right now , my concern is i don't have too much time playing this game due to university and working at the same time.

Can i still get GOAT trophy at the end of the year ? because right now as i searching through ah i found that some of card has less supply .

and another question is that is heat pack gonna drop in sometimes ? i really want heat check to fill my collection too.

1 hour ago, WhiteAbyss1 said:

I am currently at 1350 right now . I still have many dominion , spotlight left . 

Right now , my concern is i don't have too much time playing this game due to university and working at the same time.

Can i still get GOAT trophy at the end of the year ? because right now as i searching through ah i found that some of card has less supply .

and another question is that is heat pack gonna drop in sometimes ? i really want heat check to fill my collection too.

Yes, you have until the end of 2021 to get the trophy. Heat Check cards are already cheaper than they were a couple of months ago, so don't expect them to drop much further unless packs are re-released. 

2 hours ago, WhiteAbyss1 said:

Tbh this trophy looks obtainable 'til the end of 2020. A lot of people won't buy 2k20 on current gen, waiting for next gen version, so AH should be alive 'til December. Servers will be shutted down by the end of 2021, but lacks of common cards at reasonable prices are visible already. You should try to get Heat Checks and MOTW cards asap.

Edited by SaviorKIA

9 hours ago, SaviorKIA said:

Tbh this trophy looks obtainable 'til the end of 2020. A lot of people won't buy 2k20 on current gen, waiting for next gen version, so AH should be alive 'til December. Servers will be shutted down by the end of 2021, but lacks of common cards at reasonable prices are visible already. You should try to get Heat Checks and MOTW cards asap.

All MyTEAM that you complete on PS4 for NBA2k21 is transfferable to PS5, so people WILL be getting 2k21 on current gen.

Plus if do the special preorder on PS4, you get the PS5 version of the game for free.

49 minutes ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

All MyTEAM that you complete on PS4 for NBA2k21 is transfferable to PS5, so people WILL be getting 2k21 on current gen.

Plus if do the special preorder on PS4, you get the PS5 version of the game for free.

People will get the current version, but most will wait for next gen version.  Most players play park and career.  It'll be the similar effect like it was in NBA 2K14.  You have to buy the Kobe version for the free update.  While it's great that your My team progress will transfer, I'd b rather wait for next gen because I play everything.  I'd rather wait until November

Edited by grimydawg___

5 hours ago, m0nk3y_aust said:

Progress will transfer, but you still have to buy game 2 times or buy special for $100. I think that's enough reason to wait 2-3 months for new console, if they consider buying it anyway. Especially when 2K21 on current gen looks almost exactly the same as 2K20. Also it's hottest time of the year in gaming, so those people will have some games to play meanwhile.

Edited by SaviorKIA

48 minutes ago, TVDex252 said:

Got my plat just now :) Thanks to @SaviorKIA & @Tentativeuser for the tips and tricks to work the auction house. Took me 5 weeks total for the plat. I was very paranoid that the auction house would die down when I started to notice cards being posted less frequently but managed to get it done!

Congratulations! You were definitely at a good pace the entire time. Enjoy your well-deserved trophy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

I've got 150k MT (possibly more soon) Im willing to donate to anyone who is already over 2k cards and could use the extra nudge to finish up before 2k21 releases. DM me with a picture of your card count and we can set it up.

Congrats mate :)

8 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

I've got 150k MT (possibly more soon) Im willing to donate to anyone who is already over 2k cards and could use the extra nudge to finish up before 2k21 releases. DM me with a picture of your card count and we can set it up.

Great initiative, shame im not at 2k cards yet.

Once I get the trophy ill be selling my collection and donating mt to whomever needs it then. At current pace i hope to be done within a month

9 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

I'm at 2300 cards. Been buying Heat Check cards this week ~3k each. The double MT weekend was helpful. Definitely noticing they're now selling for over 3k when earlier in the weekend, it was possible to bid 2850 and get them.

I'll DM you later when I'm back on the PS4.

20 hours ago, TVDex252 said:

That's really nice! Congrats on the initiative. I'm also willing to sell up my cards and donate any MT i have when i get the trophy, but i'm still with 2270 cards, so a little bit more of a grinding left (got late on this post, i guess).

Still got ~350 Heat Check cards to fill and around 10 cards from the 20' Collection, so focusing primarly on the HC cards but they're way expensive now and i don't have much MT on rotation, just couldn't figure a way over the AH yet, but still going strong to try and get this trophy in the next 2-3 weeks.

On 11/08/2020 at 11:38 AM, xwolf8503 said:

I platinum'ed this game today, the most painful trophy, off course, is GOAT collector.

In my experience, the game changer for collecting card is when they update token market last month. I had about 4000 token at that moment, so i decide to redeemed that to new packs at token market. Pull 2x Rasheed Lewis, 1 x takeover Giannis and 1 x OOP Kevin Durant. Sold them at action house and got about 2 million MT coin. Unfortunately right now that cards value not too good.

*sorry for bad english, lol

lucky boy! :)

I just regret that I had zero MT when the prices dropped a lot a few weeks ago. Now the prices are up again. It is getting harder and harder to collect cards...

Edited by israellaks
typos

5 hours ago, Malex595 said:

Can someone explain something to me please. The other day i noticed in-game that someone has over 18k cards. How the *** is that even possible??? 

18k cards =/= 18k unique cards. If you buy cheapest cards only you could have 18k cards for 10-15 million MTs. For 2900 unique cards you had to spend about 4-8m MTs (depend on luck with mid range cards).

Edited by SaviorKIA

1 hour ago, SaviorKIA said:

18k cards =/= 18k unique cards. If you buy cheapest cards only you could have 18k cards for 10-15 million MTs. For 2900 unique cards you had to spend about 4-8m MTs (depend on luck with mid range cards).

Are there even 18k cards in the game?

For anyone who read my previous post in this thread. The 150k MT is gone. I donated it to one of the first people who DM'd me about it. I have checked the auction house daily since getting my trophy and it still seems to be in a healthy spot, definitely still achievable trophy. Keep grinding guys!