easy platinum?

RJP_X

i've had somewhat of an interest in this game for awhile. its currently on sale for $2. 

i wanted to know what others thought on the games difficulty as it looks to be some sort of bullet hell or a twin stick shooter. the part that interested me from what i've heard is that every failure is progression towards upgrading to do better the next time. 

but then i heard it having difficulties due to some arcade mode. i'm just not use to this style of game so looking to hear some thoughts. 

I'm about midway through, and I think the trophy guide here is 100% accurate in pretty much everything. To start, it will feel impossible. But as you level your characters, it gets much less frustrating. I haven't started Arcade Mode, but my guess is that since you can use your cash to buy stuff between stages, it shouldn't be that bad overall (and of course, with the 40% plat rate, it can't be that bad, after all).

As far as my skill involving bullet hell games, it's pretty non-existent. So, I'm certainly a neophyte here.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 3

I wouldn't go so far as to say "easy", necessarily. You're exactly correct, the more you play, the more you can upgrade your stuff! It takes some time to build yourself up, but it gets a bit easier once you level up a bit and unlock some of the better characters. Depending on your overall skill and comfort level playing bullet hell games, this can be a fair challenge, or be a bit difficult! I agree with the guide's 4/10 difficulty. 

In summation, if it's on sale for only $2, that's a steal! Definitely worth it IMO, I very much enjoyed this game 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'm about midway through, and I think the trophy guide here is 100% accurate in pretty much everything. To start, it will feel impossible. But as you level your characters, it gets much less frustrating. I haven't started Arcade Mode, but my guess is that since you can use your cash to buy stuff between stages, it shouldn't be that bad overall (and of course, with the 40% plat rate, it can't be that bad, after all).

As far as my skill involving bullet hell games, it's pretty non-existent. So, I'm certainly a neophyte here.

thanks a bunch, let me know your final thoughts after getting the platinum if you think of it. i'll likely be grabbing it, having a hard time deciding what to play next atm so may grab and start this up soon. also you never know, as it seems like platinums are a lot more common on a number of games this gen, so that fact alone made me a bit uncertain lol.

1 hour ago, integra_93GS-R said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say "easy", necessarily. You're exactly correct, the more you play, the more you can upgrade your stuff! It takes some time to build yourself up, but it gets a bit easier once you level up a bit and unlock some of the better characters. Depending on your overall skill and comfort level playing bullet hell games, this can be a fair challenge, or be a bit difficult! I agree with the guide's 4/10 difficulty. 

In summation, if it's on sale for only $2, that's a steal! Definitely worth it IMO, I very much enjoyed this game 

yeah it certainly looks fun, not an immense fan of this genre and definitely don't have much or any experience in it, but the progression/grind certainly catches my interest i'll be likely grabbing it, i know the ps4 and vita versions have separate trophy lists as well. wonder if the vita version performs well enough if i decide to go for the platinum again after the ps4 version. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

thanks a bunch, let me know your final thoughts after getting the platinum if you think of it. i'll likely be grabbing it, having a hard time deciding what to play next atm so may grab and start this up soon. also you never know, as it seems like platinums are a lot more common on a number of games this gen, so that fact alone made me a bit uncertain lol.

I would say that this plat is like some of the older Ratalaika games, where the game itself was rather difficult, but it was short enough that with struggle, you would get the plat (I'm thinking of things like Blasting Agent).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing it right now and it's extremely fun. It's a bit grindy but that's what I like about it. And it's not hard at all. If you play it co-op it's even easier and more fun!

You'll get destroyed in a couple of seconds at the start but you'll be able to get further as you level up. More you level up easily you are going to destroy enemies.

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wasn't too bad, just did the vita version but don't know if i would want to stack the ps4 version, at least not any time soon. xD 

story mode was fun grinding/upgrading. 

arcade mode made me to tense though as with trophies that have to do with play through's in a single run, or speed running a play through just are some of the worst for me lol. failed the first time on the 2nd stage, got through it the second time. there were a couple of stages i was down to 2 and 3 lives and felt for sure i was screwed but pulled through. thankfully stage 5 dropped a ton of dynamite for me as the waves in that stage are cray. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 29/2/2020 at 6:49 AM, RJP_X said:

wasn't too bad, just did the vita version but don't know if i would want to stack the ps4 version, at least not any time soon. xD 

story mode was fun grinding/upgrading. 

arcade mode made me to tense though as with trophies that have to do with play through's in a single run, or speed running a play through just are some of the worst for me lol. failed the first time on the 2nd stage, got through it the second time. there were a couple of stages i was down to 2 and 3 lives and felt for sure i was screwed but pulled through. thankfully stage 5 dropped a ton of dynamite for me as the waves in that stage are cray. 

Best character to use for the Arcade mode?

38 minutes ago, FlareZero said:

Best character to use for the Arcade mode?

i used erika. from what i remember my first attempt ended pretty quick, but my second attempt seemed RNG was more favorable. more level up drops and time stop watches/TNT on a harder level were appearing. some of it is luck. 

Edited by RJP_X
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

i used erika. from what i remember my first attempt ended pretty quick, but my second attempt seemed RNG was more favorable. more level up drops and time stop watches/TNT on a harder level were appearing. some of it is luck. 

Thanks for the tip. tenor.gif

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FlareZero said:

Thanks for the tip. tenor.gif

best of luck. been thinking on the ps4 version on and off as of late, but don't want to have to struggle with arcade again as the thought of failing constantly after getting far feels irritating to think of lol. 

btw, how was that dark cloud 2 platinum? never played it back in the day, but the trophy list seems highly irritating, gives me some tales of symphonia vibes with all the crazy missables lol. 

Edited by RJP_X

On 14/6/2020 at 8:15 PM, RJP_X said:

best of luck. been thinking on the ps4 version on and off as of late, but don't want to have to struggle with arcade again as the thought of failing constantly after getting far feels irritating to think of lol. 

btw, how was that dark cloud 2 platinum? never played it back in the day, but the trophy list seems highly irritating, gives me some tales of symphonia vibes with all the crazy missables lol. 

The game it is really, really good, but the platinum it is tedious, yes, lot of missable.

Still a really awesome game, one of my favorite from PS2 era.

Edited by FlareZero

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Hi ! I confirm that the arcade mode is the biggest challenge in this game. It's not very difficult but it will require training and luck (bonus drops). So keep trying and it should be ok. The best character is Erika, no doubt. Good luck ! 
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 24/6/2020 at 4:42 PM, lucask001 said:
  1. Hi ! I confirm that the arcade mode is the biggest challenge in this game. It's not very difficult but it will require training and luck (bonus drops). So keep trying and it should be ok. The best character is Erika, no doubt. Good luck ! 

Erika is more powerful than the other ones? she have the double life, but her damage is bigger?

4 minutes ago, FlareZero said:

Erika is more powerful than the other ones? she have the double life, but her damage is bigger?

2x life, 2x gold & magnetism.

She has a fairly strong attack with good firing rate, but her one drawback is she's kinda slow when compared to Leiry. Erika is still the best overall I feel. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 9:26 PM, Helyx said:

2x life, 2x gold & magnetism.

She has a fairly strong attack with good firing rate, but her one drawback is she's kinda slow when compared to Leiry. Erika is still the best overall I feel. 

Thanks for the tips. tenor.gif

On 14/06/2020 at 7:25 PM, FlareZero said:

The gems it is really, really good, but the platinu it is tedious, yes, lot of missable.

Still a really awesome game, one of my favorite from PS2 era.

I gave up when I realised how luck dependant the golf game is. Doing whole levels just to get a bad spawn point! Couldn’t be bothered. Maybe I’ll go back to it at some point because it truly is a fantastic game.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...