Traveler and Blight-Queller Trophy Questions

Redgrave

So I'm attempting to platinum this game, and the only non-story related trophies I need are Traveler and Blight-Queller. I have two questions:

1. I've been using a list from the Dragon Age wiki for the Traveler trophy, and it says some areas in Denerim are not required to be visited for the trophy, but I just want to make sure. Here is the list

2. For Blight-Queller I get mixed answers. I know that I have the patch that glitched it to where kills don't carry over across different playthroughs, and I'm in the Deep Roads now, and from what I remember the stats list showed that I killed 270+ Darkspawn. Is there a good spot to grind them apart from the final battle? And do companion kills count towards this one, or does my character have to be the one who kills them?

Edit 1: I got the Traveler trophy today, and the list is accurate but I went ahead and visited the places that said didn't need to be visited just to play it safe. This can also be used to get Traveler if you are having trouble.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dragon-age-origins/96129-traveller-trophy-guide-all-areas.html

Edit 2: I got Blight-Queller. The trophy tip is accurate, but I should mention that when you reload your save and check how many kills you have the counter will reset, but that's fine as there is another counter that counts up the Darkspawn kills that you can't see. So be patient and grind at the Elven Alienage during the last battle and it should pop up eventually. This is easier done as a mage since they have better AoE spells but it is safe to say it's doable as a Rogue or Warrior but it will take a bit longer.

Edit 3: For the Traveler trophy you will need to visit a building called Marjolaine's Home. In order to get access to it, you have to do Leliana's Personal quest. To do that you will have to get her approval high enough to initiate the quest. This is important because it's possible that this can glitch if you max out Leliana's approval too fast making it possible to miss out on the quest. I'm not sure if any of the patches have fixed this or if it matters which Dragon Age you are using (e.g. Regular or Ultimate), but if this happens there is a fix for it in the link below. 

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/47/index/7807632/1

Edited by omegarevan
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So I'm attempting to platinum this game, and the only non-story related trophies I need are Traveler and Blight-Queller. I have two questions:

Edit 2: I got Blight-Queller. The trophy tip is accurate, but I should mention that when you reload your save and check how many kills you have the counter will reset, but that's fine as there is another counter that counts up the Darkspawn kills that you can't see. So be patient and grind at the Elven Alienage during the last battle and it should pop up eventually. This is easier done as a mage since they have better AoE spells but it is safe to say it's doable as a Rogue or Warrior but it will take a bit longer.

Im going for both trophies right now but i have two other story related trophies to bang out as well...

I heard there was a spot kinda like the Elven Alienage where the darkspawn just kept spawning... someone reported that he just sat there beating up Darkspawn for a few hours and at one point he left the room but just kept hitting the X button... but i will have to look it up again to make sure i have the story straight...  also note that i have deleted the patch that messed up this trophy originally... but i have a rogue so it might take longer to get, lol... I don't feel like making a mage

I have a list of the locations and i am marking them off as i go... I think im about halfway through the locations.

after that i will just need to make sure i have done everything so i can get the ALL endings trophy...

then i will move onto Awakening... its been sitting on my shelf for about a year

Edited by Piggie_Pie

Im going for both trophies right now but i have two other story related trophies to bang out as well...

I heard there was a spot kinda like the Elven Alienage where the darkspawn just kept spawning... someone reported that he just sat there beating up Darkspawn for a few hours and at one point he left the room but just kept hitting the X button... but i will have to look it up again to make sure i have the story straight...  also note that i have deleted the patch that messed up this trophy originally... but i have a rogue so it might take longer to get, lol... I don't feel like making a mage

I have a list of the locations and i am marking them off as i go... I think im about halfway through the locations.

after that i will just need to make sure i have done everything so i can get the ALL endings trophy...

then i will move onto Awakening... its been sitting on my shelf for about a year

There's no need to grind Blight-Queller, because the game keeps track of all the darkspawn you killed over multiple characters in DA Origins (don't know if Awakening, Golems of Amgarak or Withc Hunt dlc also count). You'll need at least 2 playthroughs to get all squadmembers and 4 possible endings and romances. After that you can start Awakening to quickly achieve the third lvl 20 trophy.

There's no need to grind Blight-Queller, because the game keeps track of all the darkspawn you killed over multiple characters in DA Origins (don't know if Awakening, Golems of Amgarak or Withc Hunt dlc also count). You'll need at least 2 playthroughs to get all squadmembers and 4 possible endings and romances. After that you can start Awakening to quickly achieve the third lvl 20 trophy.

I have played through the game a few times but i have also deleted save and game data so everything has reset.... I am not looking at playing through two more times so i will just do the grind...

thanks for the info though :)

As far as I know the Darkspawn at the alienage don't respawn, they just come in big waves. The thing about that part is there's an invisible counter that adds up when you reload saves and kill a bunch of Darkspawn even though the counter in the pause menu will say you only have 270 like mine did. I know it sounds weird and I didn't believe it when I read about it but it pinged after about 30 minutes of grinding the alienage part.

One of the patches made it so kills don't carry over for some reason. There's also deleting the patch, I didn't do that though. I'm sure the DLC count towards Blight-Queller however so long as it's with your Grey Warden. Not sure if the Warden-Commander character counts.

There's also saving at the right spot so you can get all the endings in one go. Looking at Piggies list it looks like he has two of them out of the way.

• Like 1

One of the patches made it so kills don't carry over for some reason. There's also deleting the patch, I didn't do that though. I'm sure the DLC count towards Blight-Queller however so long as it's with your Grey Warden. Not sure if the Warden-Commander character counts.

There's also saving at the right spot so you can get all the endings in one go. Looking at Piggies list it looks like he has two of them out of the way.

Damn I didn't know that. When I played the game, it still keeped track of the multiple characters. Yeah it's possible to get every ending and main quest trophy in one playthrough, but you'll have to replay so much, it's imo better to do a second run.

As far as I know the Darkspawn at the alienage don't respawn, they just come in big waves. The thing about that part is there's an invisible counter that adds up when you reload saves and kill a bunch of Darkspawn even though the counter in the pause menu will say you only have 270 like mine did. I know it sounds weird and I didn't believe it when I read about it but it pinged after about 30 minutes of grinding the alienage part.

so let me make sure i have this right... save your game and then kill darkspawn and then reload your save file?  I will give this a shot... thanks!

Damn I didn't know that. When I played the game, it still keeped track of the multiple characters. Yeah it's possible to get every ending and main quest trophy in one playthrough, but you'll have to replay so much, it's imo better to do a second run.

The game is definitely worth more than one playthrough... i have played through it multiple times but i have only beaten it once... and since then i have deleted my save files and the game data all together because i wanted to start over anyway... but at this point i have a couple games coming out in February so im not interested in doing two or three playthroughs so i will try my best to get the platinum done this playthrough so i can move onto Awakening and other DLC.

so let me make sure i have this right... save your game and then kill darkspawn and then reload your save file?  I will give this a shot... thanks!

The game is definitely worth more than one playthrough... i have played through it multiple times but i have only beaten it once... and since then i have deleted my save files and the game data all together because i wanted to start over anyway... but at this point i have a couple games coming out in February so im not interested in doing two or three playthroughs so i will try my best to get the platinum done this playthrough so i can move onto Awakening and other DLC.

Yep, pretty much. If you're a Mage with a few of the AoE spells you can rack up the kills pretty quickly. I bring that up because I don't think companion kills count, but it can still be done as a Warrior or Rogue if that's what you are. Since you also have the DLC's I read you can also do something similar to the alienage grind in the Awakening expansion.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dragon-age-origins/62920-getting-blight-queller-awakening-made-easy.html

Yep, pretty much. If you're a Mage with a few of the AoE spells you can rack up the kills pretty quickly. I bring that up because I don't think companion kills count, but it can still be done as a Warrior or Rogue if that's what you are. Since you also have the DLC's I read you can also do something similar to the alienage grind in the Awakening expansion.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dragon-age-origins/62920-getting-blight-queller-awakening-made-easy.html

nice! from that guys testimony it sounds like there is a wave of Darkspawn that are never ending... i think that was the same guy i read a while back... i would rather get all the kills without firing up Awakening but i will do what must be done.

thanks for the replies!

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys im back again!

so, i printed out a list of locations and have been able to follow it to a T... but i got to Denerim for the second time and there is a location called "Marjorlaine's House" and it turns out you need to have some Leliana's side-quest going... well, i don't have it unlocked so what is my next step here... should i continue the game and hope that it pops up?

please help!!!

ok guys im back again!

so, i printed out a list of locations and have been able to follow it to a T... but i got to Denerim for the second time and there is a location called "Marjorlaine's House" and it turns out you need to have some Leliana's side-quest going... well, i don't have it unlocked so what is my next step here... should i continue the game and hope that it pops up?

please help!!!

You have to go to every area in a single playthrough, or the trophy won't pop. You can unlock Leliana's quest by talking to her and raising her approval. It shouldn't be hard to unlock, just be polite/kind during the conversations. Also take a look at this for more information to unlock the quest: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Leliana%27s_Past

Edited by Dragon-Archon

ok guys im back again!

please help!!!

Yeah, just talk to Leliana until she decides to talk to you about her past. This will help pick the right dialogue choices for her.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Leliana/Approval

If there's some dialogue options you missed or can't do, then showering her with gifts should also work.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Gifts_%28Origins%29#Gifts_for_Leliana

The best gift is a flower called Andraste's Grace and I believe that opens her up to you with an additional dialogue option when you first give it to her. If you've already given one to her then the others will just increase her approval.

Late edit: I should say that once you get her approval high enough to be sure to take Leliana in your party while traveling somewhere else so a random encounter can happen.

Edited by omegarevan

Yeah, just talk to Leliana until she decides to talk to you about her past. This will help pick the right dialogue choices for her.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Leliana/Approval

If there's some dialogue options you missed or can't do, then showering her with gifts should also work.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Gifts_%28Origins%29#Gifts_for_Leliana

The best gift is a flower called Andraste's Grace and I believe that opens her up to you with an additional dialogue option when you first give it to her. If you've already given one to her then the others will just increase her approval.

Late edit: I should say that once you get her approval high enough to be sure to take Leliana in your party while traveling somewhere else so a random encounter can happen.

ok so i have showered her with gifts... talked about everything i can... gave her Andraste's Grace and she has been in my party the whole time... its odd... i wonder if its because i haven't downloaded the Darkspawn breaking patch...

whats funny is that i have unlocked that area before on older playthroughs without even trying but now im having issues with it...

i will mess with the dialogue options to see what it gets me but she is maxed out in affection

ok so i have showered her with gifts... talked about everything i can... gave her Andraste's Grace and she has been in my party the whole time... its odd... i wonder if its because i haven't downloaded the Darkspawn breaking patch...

whats funny is that i have unlocked that area before on older playthroughs without even trying but now im having issues with it...

i will mess with the dialogue options to see what it gets me but she is maxed out in affection

Have you asked her about Minstrel's and Spies in Orlais? Has she mentioned Majorlaine in the party camp? 

this is what i did... i boosted her affection too fast...

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/47/index/7807632/1

Wow, that's never happened to me before. And I always made sure I got her affection as soon as possible. Then again I don't have the special edition, or at least I'm guessing that's what the problem was according to the OP in that thread. I guess see if the solution the third guy says works and let me know what happens so I can edit my main post with the fix? Sorry, had I known about that I wouldn't have said to shower her with gifts. :/

• Like 1

Wow, that's never happened to me before. And I always made sure I got her affection as soon as possible. Then again I don't have the special edition, or at least I'm guessing that's what the problem was according to the OP in that thread. I guess see if the solution the third guy says works and let me know what happens so I can edit my main post with the fix? Sorry, had I known about that I wouldn't have said to shower her with gifts. :/

Yes, it worked... so as it turned out i must have boosted her too fast and in the wrong place... like i boosted her outside of camp so by the time we were in camp she was maxed out and so i had to break up with her to drop her affection... then the dialogue opened up...

by the way... i own the original day one release and im running it without the patch

thanks again for chatting and being willing to help me out!

Yes, it worked... so as it turned out i must have boosted her too fast and in the wrong place... like i boosted her outside of camp so by the time we were in camp she was maxed out and so i had to break up with her to drop her affection... then the dialogue opened up...

by the way... i own the original day one release and im running it without the patch

thanks again for chatting and being willing to help me out!

Ah I see. I always make sure I chat them up at the party camp and give gifts there. Makes them all easier to talk to at once.

You're welcome though, glad I could help :)

Ah I see. I always make sure I chat them up at the party camp and give gifts there. Makes them all easier to talk to at once.

You're welcome though, glad I could help :)

ok... so one or two more things to clear up  before i move on... Im at the climax and im working on Blight Queller... I got Master Warden about halfway through the game but only had 250 darkspawn kills so i assume i won't have to reload that much... but i wanted to know if i have to kill all of the darkspawn in the Elf area before i reload or can i just reload my save any time?

Next question... I have made a ton of saves and im going to try to to get all of the endings in one shot... from what i understand there are only 4 and basically you just pick who you want to sacrifice... or if you want Morigan to do the ritual... if I have a save file with each of these i should be able to do it in one shot right?

ok... so one or two more things to clear up  before i move on... Im at the climax and im working on Blight Queller... I got Master Warden about halfway through the game but only had 250 darkspawn kills so i assume i won't have to reload that much... but i wanted to know if i have to kill all of the darkspawn in the Elf area before i reload or can i just reload my save any time?

Next question... I have made a ton of saves and im going to try to to get all of the endings in one shot... from what i understand there are only 4 and basically you just pick who you want to sacrifice... or if you want Morigan to do the ritual... if I have a save file with each of these i should be able to do it in one shot right?

I think you can run past them towards the bridge but I haven't tried it. You can reload it any time though. I wound up killing all the waves that came in and reloaded after they stopped spawning.

Yeah, you should be able to get them all in one go. If you have a save right before the Landsmeet then you should be fine.

Yes to get the 4 endings you must do the following:

1. Loghain is killed at the landsmeet to ensure Alistair stays in the party, you must reject Morrigan's dark ritual, take Alistair with you to fight the Arch-Demon and sacrifice him. This needs a save file before the Landsmeet.
  2. Loghain is made a Grey Warden, you must reject Morrigan's dark ritual, take loghain with you to fight the Arch-Demon and sacrifice him. This needs a save file before the Landsmeet.
  3. Doesn't matter if Alistair or Loghain is with you, reject Morrigan's dark ritual and sacrifice yourself (if you're in a romance with Alistair don't take him with you or he will sacrifice himself anyway). This needs a save file after you talk to Riordan in Redcliff Castle.
  4. Doesn't matter if Alistair or Loghain is with you, accept Morrigan's dark ritual and slay the Arch-Demon. This needs a save file after you talk to Riordan in Redcliff Castle.

Btw did you get Leliana's personal quest?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I think you can run past them towards the bridge but I haven't tried it. You can reload it any time though. I wound up killing all the waves that came in and reloaded after they stopped spawning.

Yeah, you should be able to get them all in one go. If you have a save right before the Landsmeet then you should be fine.

Yes to get the 4 endings you must do the following:

1. Loghain is killed at the landsmeet to ensure Alistair stays in the party, you must reject Morrigan's dark ritual, take Alistair with you to fight the Arch-Demon and sacrifice him. This needs a save file before the Landsmeet.
  2. Loghain is made a Grey Warden, you must reject Morrigan's dark ritual, take loghain with you to fight the Arch-Demon and sacrifice him. This needs a save file before the Landsmeet.
  3. Doesn't matter if Alistair or Loghain is with you, reject Morrigan's dark ritual and sacrifice yourself (if you're in a romance with Alistair don't take him with you or he will sacrifice himself anyway). This needs a save file after you talk to Riordan in Redcliff Castle.
  4. Doesn't matter if Alistair or Loghain is with you, accept Morrigan's dark ritual and slay the Arch-Demon. This needs a save file after you talk to Riordan in Redcliff Castle.

Btw did you get Leliana's personal quest?

Just got the Platinum... turns out that i must have done all of the endings but one a couple years ago and the ending that i chose to do was the one that i hadn't done before...

first trophy was in November 2009... last trophy January 2014

Thank you both for guiding me along... was a great game but didn't age well as far as the game engine and graphics

Just got the Platinum... turns out that i must have done all of the endings but one a couple years ago and the ending that i chose to do was the one that i hadn't done before...

first trophy was in November 2009... last trophy January 2014

Thank you both for guiding me along... was a great game but didn't age well as far as the game engine and graphics

Congrats! :highfive:

I noticed you had at least two endings, so I figured you wouldn't be too far off. Still, glad to have helped :)

• Like 1