talespagni

Filling a complaint at BBB (fix for "Big Leagues" trophy)

43 posts in this topic

Just now, audiopile said:

Where do you draw the line man. Seriously, old games that mostly no one cares about and honestly the companies that made these have no obligation to maintain trophy support forever. Are you going to go after WB to have them turn up the Gotham City Imposters servers or get LBPKarting servers running again? 

Move on with your life. 

yoooooo lmao i totally forgot about Gotham city Imposters... i agree though i feel like last gen titles have their fate sealed especially with companies that don't care about their fan base

51 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Big ol' "citation needed" on a BBB complaint having anything to do with those trophies getting fixed.

Anyway, this is not a valid BBB complaint. From their website:

There's some wiggle room around the "previous 12 months", but I think we can all agree that 5 years is pushing it quite a bit.

^ this. I tried to complain about a more important, Store-related issue (a DLC for a PS3 game, that was working and was literally replaced with a non-working version years later) and they couldn't help me. Was it ever proven that the BBB had something to do with the Splinter Cell fix?

Edited by Lance_87

Good luck hope you succeed. One i want fixed is the Infinite Warfare trophy for winning 5 Multiplayer games. It's not that old of a game and certainly wasn't old when it became glitched. 

18 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Good luck hope you succeed. One i want fixed is the Infinite Warfare trophy for winning 5 Multiplayer games. It's not that old of a game and certainly wasn't old when it became glitched. 

At least it can be obtained using a VPN and joining a jp server 

I do hope you succeed, just for the fact that this trophy is blacklisted, despite the fact you can still get it by randomly joining a hacked lobby. This is the case while trophies like "Run Like The Wind" in GTA V have the exact same issue, but that one is whitelisted.

I am not sure that is the correct outlet to contact though. We'll see, I guess.

... wait, i've just noticed that this is not the Bad Company thread, but another one for Black Ops II.

Are you seriously going to spam the boards with petitions lol?

24 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

Y'all are bonkers. The reason the Shadownet and Gorod Krovi EE trophies got fixed were because they were broken, which meant that Ubisoft and Activision respectively were selling broken products. They still didn't even have to fix those but you're lucky they did. Big Leagues is unobtainable because the servers were shut down after the Black Ops 3 ranked servers went up. The company was well within their rights to remove the servers and they gave players ample time to get it. They have no reason to put the servers up or change the conditions of the trophy because both would be a waste of money and have no chance of returning a profit.

Y'all had three years and ya missed it, just as I have, so it's time to move on.

Wait, what servers were shut down?

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait, what servers were shut down?

BO2 servers are still up but the League Play mode is not longer playable. It is no longer possible to get a division, and as such, is no longer possible to get Big Leauges.

45 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

The BBB is a scam, but whatever, you do you, I guess...

This! The BBB is not a government body nor do they actually have any impact on society or business. At best they take money from businesses for a logo on their establishment that may trick stupid people into believing the business was vetted somehow. Contacting them will have no effect on anything as they have no actual power or influence.

They are the equivalent of the old Who’s Who Among American High School Students.

Idk man. I hope things go well but I highly doubt they are gonna listen due to the fact the game came out 7 years ago.  I think the trophy can only be obtained if you have someone hack the game and just give you the trophy. Yea you might be flagged but if the trophy matters to you this much, then that shouldn't be a problem. 

57 minutes ago, Senor_T_Dub said:

This! The BBB is not a government body nor do they actually have any impact on society or business. At best they take money from businesses for a logo on their establishment that may trick stupid people into believing the business was vetted somehow. Contacting them will have no effect on anything as they have no actual power or influence.

They are the equivalent of the old Who’s Who Among American High School Students.

This is well said.

The only thing the BBB might do is give Activision a negative rating. That won't mean anything or change anything.

It's in their right as a company to close down the servers for a portion of the game they no longer need to keep up. It has absolutely no bearing on the price you pay for the game asides from a small aspect and a completely optional virtual achievement. Yes, it sucks, but it's also pointless; especially considering the game nowadays is about as populated as a sleepover in Chernobyl, and this will never be fixed. You gotta move on man, it's a trophy. 

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Im going to file a complain too, I want Final Fantasy 11 for PS2 back online.

Awesome man, I thank you for starting this complaint. I'm going to do this too, and everyone else who's affected by this should be doing the same. 

Good luck with this, hope it succeeds 🙂