talespagni

Filling a complaint at BBB (fix for "Big Leagues" trophy)

43 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, qwerty407 said:

Im going to file a complain too, I want Final Fantasy 11 for PS2 back online.

Why not the entire PS2 network? 😂

17 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Big ol' "citation needed" on a BBB complaint having anything to do with those trophies getting fixed.

Anyway, this is not a valid BBB complaint. From their website:

There's some wiggle room around the "previous 12 months", but I think we can all agree that 5 years is pushing it quite a bit.

Well, I just received an e-mail from BBB telling me the complaint was accepted, and forwarded to Activision.

Guess your argument is invalid.

17 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Some people have taken trophy hunting a little bit too far. It's really stupid to expect that every game as old as Bad Company will have stable and functioning servers all the time. It will end someday, sooner or later. I feel sorry for them, they let their obsession take control over them. 

I'm not trying to start any flame wars here, but look, among you and me, you're the one making a judgement of character, by the way you wrote your last sentence.

I came here to ask for help from the community. Nothing more than this. I expect (and accept) the negativity, it's part of the ride.

Those who want to help, I'm grateful. Those who don't, that's ok too.

16 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Seems like a stretch, but I'll be interested in seeing any results.

You don't get to act offended when someone calls you out for displaying your dirty laundry.

If you don't want people to comment, don't post it on a public forum.

"Displaying your dirty laundry"? What "dirty laundry" was shown?

If I came here and told personal life details or experiences, then asked for forgiveness or opinions, now THAT would be dirty laundry.

As I said in the message above, I came here asking for help (not expecting it, asking only), then I had to read messages telling me I need to do something better about my time and life, from keyboard warriors who don't know anything about me.

The comments are fine, you can comment all you want, but at the same time you may want to comment anything you want, I'm in the right to do the same too.

15 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Good luck hope you succeed. One i want fixed is the Infinite Warfare trophy for winning 5 Multiplayer games. It's not that old of a game and certainly wasn't old when it became glitched. 

Thanks Gudger. I remember reading a lot of your posts here and on PST.org all those years.

Maybe you can get this trophy by playing with japanese players, that should work, shouldn't it?

14 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

I do hope you succeed, just for the fact that this trophy is blacklisted, despite the fact you can still get it by randomly joining a hacked lobby. This is the case while trophies like "Run Like The Wind" in GTA V have the exact same issue, but that one is whitelisted.

I am not sure that is the correct outlet to contact though. We'll see, I guess.

Thanks. I don't think I'm going for the hack path.

As I wrote before, I'm just giving it a try. I'm not expecting anything out of this. Just decided to spend 20 minutes of my time to do this, out of curiosity, as it worked for SCB and BO3.

14 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

... wait, i've just noticed that this is not the Bad Company thread, but another one for Black Ops II.

Are you seriously going to spam the boards with petitions lol?

Yes! My plan is to fill a complaint for 305.825 games. Hold on, I'll finish it up before you end your career as a comedian.

14 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

The BBB is a scam, but whatever, you do you, I guess...

Here comes the Communist Wookiee, from Mother Russia, land of the sullen.

Kudos to you, sir.

12 hours ago, bakerboy72682 said:

It's in their right as a company to close down the servers for a portion of the game they no longer need to keep up. It has absolutely no bearing on the price you pay for the game asides from a small aspect and a completely optional virtual achievement. Yes, it sucks, but it's also pointless; especially considering the game nowadays is about as populated as a sleepover in Chernobyl, and this will never be fixed. You gotta move on man, it's a trophy. 

"You gotta move on man, it's a trophy".

Sure, now that a keyboard warrior told me to "move on", I guess I gotta rethink my whole life.

12 hours ago, AK-1138 said:

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Exactly! Had a good laugh reading this.

11 hours ago, qwerty407 said:

Im going to file a complain too, I want Final Fantasy 11 for PS2 back online.

All power to you! I'll be there, in the front row, hoping you work this out.

8 hours ago, Alihsan621 said:

Awesome man, I thank you for starting this complaint. I'm going to do this too, and everyone else who's affected by this should be doing the same. 

Thanks for the attitude.

8 hours ago, Conker said:

Good luck with this, hope it succeeds 🙂

You too.

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Why not the entire PS2 network? 😂

Why not the whole world, as the globe inside Tony Montana's house says?

Well, I hope you understand I'm not expecting anything out of this. Whatever comes is ok for me, however many may think differently.

At the same time, I'm not trying to sound rude or a dick to some people here. English is not my primary language, so I try to write at the best of my hability and knowledge.

As I said in the other topic, if any of you think what I'm doing here is wrong, please contact the moderators. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything immoral or illegal in this space.

Hope you all have fun playing and getting trophies on whatever games you may choose to play, no matter if they are young or "old". That's the main reason we come to this site, in my opinion.

Good luck to all.

Its trophy hunters like @talespagni spamming support lines of companies that probably end up giving us a bad name. No wonder devs don't care about curating trophies, when they think it only matters to Mr. Cuckoo for CoCo Puffs over here. 

I'm fairly sure Activision is not going to divert resources towards a last gen 8 year old game so your complaints are going to be falling on deaf ears. Don't get me wrong @talespagni, I do feel your pain as online trophies are the bane of my trophy hunting experience. But at the end of the day, you've got to realise that playstation "trophies" are merely digital awards that have no bearing on our real lives. It's times like these where you've got to decide whether or not it's worth your time and wellbeing to stress over such trivial matters. The fulfilment we derive from trophy hunting is sometimes as much of a curse as it is a blessing. 

22 hours ago, talespagni said:

Treyarch (the publisher) and Activision (the developer)

You have them mixed...

18 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

I do hope you succeed, just for the fact that this trophy is blacklisted, despite the fact you can still get it by randomly joining a hacked lobby. This is the case while trophies like "Run Like The Wind" in GTA V have the exact same issue, but that one is whitelisted.

I am not sure that is the correct outlet to contact though. We'll see, I guess.

Why is that one whitelisted but this one is not? Honest question

Just now, tony_snake_24 said:

That is a very good question! Maybe community consensus, or the moderators decided it to be. I have no idea why it so, to be honest with you, just thinking out loud.

4 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Something about the idea that modders aren't unlocking the trophy for the person in GTA V, but rather just placing a bounty on them. The person would still have to complete the requirements of the bounty to get the trophy, whereas a modder unlocks all trophies for a person on BO2. 

4 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Something about the idea that modders aren't unlocking the trophy for the person in GTA V, but rather just placing a bounty on them. The person would still have to complete the requirements of the bounty to get the trophy, whereas a modder unlocks all trophies for a person on BO2. 

mmm There's a difference I'll give you that. But at the same time, you still need a random person messing with the game's code to be able to get it. So you still need the aid of a modder/hacker, regardless of wether it unlocks instantly or you have to meet the requirements for the trophy.

51 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

I think it'll stay flagged if the disputer pursued the trophy on purpose, i.e. by asking for help to modders. But it's nonsense, i know...

Warning: This is just my own opinion.

For this game, I would say it's understandable why people want to make the trophy obtainable once again. Seven years after it's release, this game's servers are still up and functioning just like other older CoDs on last-gen. Heck, even World at War is still up and you could go get those three online co-op trophies right now and get platinum or even 100%! Even for this game, the servers are up so you could go for all multiplayer-based trophies, but one. In my opinion, it's unacceptable how they didn't even take any actions whatsoever about Big League trophy. If this was something like Homefront (PS3), then there's nothing we could do about it, but just move on since gaming company (THQ) went on a bankrupt and led to server closure (I know it's completely irrelevant to talk about Homefront, but that game has more than 5 multiplayer-based trophies and all of them became unobtainable after servers shutdown in 2013). I completely agree with talespagni on reporting this Big League trophy case to BBB since it's unacceptable how Treyarch/Activision do nothing about the trophy despite the fact multiplayer servers are still functioning plus, never told players about ceasing support on League Play. Also, Activision is a billion dollar gaming enterprise so there's no excuse that they cannot fix/patch such a thing. Not only Activision is a billion dollar gaming enterprise, but using some resource (10,000 USD for instance) wouldn't hurt not even a bit when a company like Activision makes billions of dollars each year when they release new Call of Duty titles. Even for Black Ops 3, they added a patch for Gorod Krovi due to crashing after finishing Easter Egg and they added that patch during when Black Ops 4 was in it's prime time Call of Duty. So I could see there's a reason why trophy hunters would file complain toward Activision/Treyarch through BBB. We can't guarantee if it they will fix it, but I know for sure it will be worth to give it a try since taking a stab wouldn't hurt to do so.

Note: (I am sorry for my poor English skill (I tried my best to make it understandable) since I am a native Japanese speaker and making this reply too lengthy. :P)

Edited by TeamPlayer_1999_

6 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

All the guy did was propose his idea for a topic that a portion of the community cares about. He’s not a native English speaker and said nothing out of line. Some people here are being insanely toxic towards this guy for no legitimate reason when you could have just scrolled past the post. Everyone trophy hunts differently and has different priorities with this hobby. Everyone needs to just chill.

Excuse me, who's not a native English speaker? Have you seen his flag in the PSN profile? Have you seen his avatar?

EDIT: well after reading his latest arrogant reply, i seriously hope this complaint is a failure, and all of you should do the same. The complaint was forwarded to Activision but doesn't mean anything. They're automatically forwarded. Also me a comedian? Except i'm right 99% of the times, and this doesn't sound like the other 1% AT ALL.

Edited by Lance_87

I think this thread has run its course. Locking for now...