What would bring you back next year?

Power_Granger

It can't be denied that this years game is an abomination. The fact that 2k felt it was ok to release the game in the condition it was and quite frankly still is in felt like a massive slap in the face and money grab.

This has completely put me off buying next years game and the series all together. This is saying alot since I buy these games every year and have done since the series started 20 years ago. I'm sure alot of people feel the same way after getting burnt this year. But what I want to know is what could bring you back around next year?

First of all, of course I want the game to be working properly from launch with all removed features from this year brought back like create a championship. But its going to take more than that to persuade me to buy back in.

I'm hoping they go back to a theme like THQ did with WWE'13 with the attitude era, or 2k14 with Legends of Wrestlemania. It feels like in recent years they've been playing it safe with their showcases, focusing on stories with wrestlers on the current roster which fails to beef out the in-game roster with legends from the past. I would happily take another attitude era showcase or ruthless aggression showcase or even a WCW focused showcase.

I feel like it would need something like this to bring fans back in. I want to know what it would take to bring you back next year.

Well, I haven't played the game. But the negative reputation of the game reaches far by now. 

If I was a fan of that franchise, I'd boycott it for a few years now. Don't spend a rusty buck on it. The devs have to face and feel the consequences for their behaviour and their bad work. If you still buy the game, it's basically a thumbs up for them and they have no reason for change. Don't buy!

I totally agree with you. I don't plan on buying next years game. It would take alot to convince me to part ways with my money again. But thats why I made this topic to discuss what it would take to do so.

I only hope that the rumors of Yukes working with AEW to make their own wrestling game are true. This series has needed real competition for a long time.

The only thing that would really stop me from buying it (I haven't paid full price for a wrestling game since SvR 2009 anyways) would be a boring, grindy trophy list like 2K17 or 18. I don't demand a whole lot out of my wrestling games, other than to have something to play while I catch up on podcasts during the weekend. Definitely wouldn't even be playing them over the older, better wrestling games I have on other consoles if not for trophies, though.

What little I played of 2K20 at my mate's (who's waiting for the PPV stuff to be available so he can plat and sell it on ?) seemed to be decent enough and no glitches made themselves apparent. They may even have done more patch work by the time I get around to playing it next year.

Anything's better than the dark age of 2K15 to 2K17, anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

an earlier reveal... june/July.  so we can see how it is, hopefully give input etc.

the game is so bad. i get a falling out but they should have just delayed the game until q1 2020. release it around the time MLB does. 

as for what else would bring me back next year.... proper dlc.... like actual wrestlers. better face scans. updated animations for moves... 

the list goes on and on... no online trophies if the mode itself is extremely lackluster and slow. TONS of actual names for created content... 

so you can pick Rhodes. Omega. Okada. etc. not a  big deal  but its better than... The Destroyer. like... ugh.

honestly though unless this is also on ps5 i probably will pass next year. 

I used to get every WWE game growing up, but stopped after Smackdown! VS Raw 2011 I think. I got WWE 14' off of a B2G1 sale, but after that just lost interest. From what I hear now days is its moved away from its arcade type fun and more towards a "Realistic" experience. The one thing that would bring me back is if they just did them life SVR and more arcade like. None of this realistic stamina nonsense. Oh and GM mode :D