Game Freezing PS4 Pro

SirTenemus

So, I love this game alot. But i feel like I'm battling it all the time. It will freeze at least once per play sessions. Even more than that most times. Espcially since my city is over 100k people.

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? I already took off Autosaving since thats usually when it messes up

I hate to say it, but unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do about this. I've pretty much given up on getting all the DLC trophies, but I still play Cities fairly regularly. Now I like to use infinite money to see if I can make a nice city like the ones you'd see on Youtube. My current city sits at around 85k population, and even when it was lower the game would "pause" quite often for several seconds or more.

Way back in the day (August 16-September 25th 2017) when I was getting the platinum for it, the original version of the game for the most part ran good unless my memory fails me. It seems to me that they are trying to do too much with all the DLC and some texture changes and perhaps changing the coding on how things work without testing it for efficiency on a PS4. And to state my case, while I'm not sure if this will work for you, but on your menu screen highlight the game, and hit the options button and select update history and you'll get an idea of what I am trying to say.

Well not all hope may be lost yet. There is a new update available (9.01) and while I haven't had a whole lot of time to jump into it yet, from what I can tell is that it appears to run much better than the previous updates did.

Edited by Caldor2K2