This game is terrible. [STRONG LANGUAGE]

37 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Weird, I liked this one but disliked the other two games in the collection. Especially, the Warrior within, now that was a bad game. I played it a long time ago, maybe I am remembering wrong.

I actually quite liked Warrior Within as well, despite all of the reviews of how the emo prince and Godsmack ruined the franchise. The combat was much better and the story had some truly jaw dropping moments. As much as the music may not have been my thing, those Dahaka chase moments where it kicked in were incredibly intense.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 3

I haven't played these games in literally over a decade but I remember liking all of them, even Warrior Within because I thought I was such an edgy teen and it was so super cool and gritty. I plan on doing the HD Trilogy soon but from the sounds of things I may be wishing I'd left these games in the past!

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Actually, a remake might be great. There are certainly good ideas present in these games.

But I would worry about Ubisoft improving on anything (after all, this "remaster" was mostly subtraction, taking away the bonus games to be found in the original PS2 titles, and making an absolute mess of the sound).

I wish a studio like Bluepoint would take hold of the franchise and give it the SOTC treatment. Would literally cream my pants if that happened. 

7 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Jak 2 had a lot of problems, not just checkpoints. This game feels like a cheap rip off from the Ratchet and Clank, totally different from the first one IMO.

Maybe some nostalgia will make it more bearable I hope. 

The problem is, I love older games because I grew up with them. System Shock/Thief/Deus Ex/Metal Slug/Forbidden Siren/Fatal Frame/Alone in the Dark, you name it, I played them when I was 8/9 and loved every bit of challenge they provided. It's not hard to make a difficult game. What's hard, however, is to make it a fair challenge.

How is it a cheap rip off when it released a year prior to Ratchet & Clank? LOL.

4 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

still better than the Emo, Heavy Metal Tattoo advertising called " Warrior Within " that's for sure.

the HD collection on the ps3 were based on the PC versions and not the ps2 which ended up to be slightly worse, I mean sure the polygon count been rised but in return the cool special effects seen in the ps2 were all gone, I swear I seen a texture on a ground somewhere that looks like a minecraft texture in sand of time in this collection.

LOL I loved the "emo, heavy metal tattoo" known as WW. 

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Weird, I liked this one but disliked the other two games in the collection. Especially, the Warrior within, now that was a bad game. I played it a long time ago, maybe I am remembering wrong.

Just because WW has a vastly different style than SOT does not make it a bad game.

3 hours ago, awf9495 said:

I actually quite liked Warrior Within as well, despite all of the reviews of how the emo prince and Godsmack ruined the franchise. The combat was much better and the story had some truly jaw dropping moments. As much as the music may not have been my thing, those Dahaka chase moments where it kicked in were incredibly intense.

Hahaha same. The heavy metal music just gets my blood pumping every time, the gore is badass, the Dahaka makes you shit your pants, the story is intriguing, and Kaileena's hot AF. Truly a teenager's game.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

How is it a cheap rip off when it released a year prior to Ratchet & Clank? LOL.

12 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

Ratchet & Clank was released in 2002, Jak 2 late 2003. 

Advanced issues found

58 minutes ago, Copanele said:

You know what might be another problem if I might add? Playing Sands of Time with the trophy intent.

I played this game on my previous account, I made it to the "father" fight without going for the trophies and I gave up, had similar experience back then as I have now.

The sole purpose of this thread was to figure out whether or not I'm in the wrong here by hating this game. Turns out that some people found it bad just as I did so I don't feel bad anymore by disliking the game, I just feel bad that I may have to beat it twice. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I played this game on my previous account, I made it to the "father" fight without going for the trophies and I gave up, had similar experience back then as I have now.

Ok in this case burn the ps3 port lol! 

Of course there's also the fact that maybe you just genuinely hate the game, simple as that xD Just like I'd rather quit ps gaming than touch one of those MGS or Kingdom Hearts games.

It just was glorious back in the day, that's all.

Wait until you try to plat the reboot, THAT is one of the worst list in a PoP game imo. Finishing a game 3 times feels nothing compared to collecting 1001 dumb seeds around a bland game

• Like 1

I agree that the combat in this one sucks. But luckily there isn't that much combat in the game and apart from the combat I think it's the best of the trilogy. Nice Soundtrack and good story / setting. 

Warrior Within improved the combat (still not that great though) but everything else just sucked. Stupid story, boring levels, backtracking like in no other game..... 

Two Thrones returned to the Sands of Time Style but obviously had the improved combat. So while I think Sands of Time is the best apart from the combat, I think that Two Thrones is the best by today's gaming standards. 

My Ranking :

1. Two Thrones 

2. Sands of Time 

3. Warrior Within 

The Forgotten Sands is also part of this Story Line, but I felt like it was a really boring game. Can't really remember much of it except that the Brother of the Prince turns evil iirc. 

The 2008 game had good Charakter writing, but the overall story was pretty much nonexistent and the 1vs1 combat wasn't my cup of tea .

• Like 1

A little update after beating the game for the first time. Of course, I had to miss one Sand - definitely one next to some long and difficult fight where I died for 50 times and out of frustration I forgot to pick it up for the 51st time, so I need to finish it again. That whore killed me 6 times near the end of a couple of battles, and she was the only reason why I had to repeat elevator fight around 30 times, she'd die when I was trying to stay alive. At least I can rewind time now, so this playthrough should be a little bit easier. Also thanks to @Copanele for the fighting tip, this jump attack turned hard and boring fights into just boring fights. Really great combat system, one combo to kill them all xd. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

A little update after beating the game for the first time. Of course, I had to miss one Sand - definitely one next to some long and difficult fight where I died for 50 times and out of frustration I forgot to pick it up for the 51st time, so I need to finish it again. That whore killed me 6 times near the end of a couple of battles, and she was the only reason why I had to repeat elevator fight around 30 times, she'd die when I was trying to stay alive. At least I can rewind time now, so this playthrough should be a little bit easier. Also thanks to @Copanele for the fighting tip, this jump attack turned hard and boring fights into just boring fights. Really great combat system, one combo to kill them all xd. 

This game is from year 2003. The same year we've got such platformers as Rayman 3, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando or SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. And I'm not exactly sure but I guess that these games don't have much combos either. Prince of Persia series started focusing on battle system in Warrior Within but before WW it was SoT and I'm pretty sure this type of gameplay back then was pretty innovative to many people. Of course you can dislike it because it might have not aged well for you but remember when this game was made.

18 minutes ago, Alex_Hedgehog said:

This game is from year 2003. The same year we've got such platformers as Rayman 3, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando or SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. And I'm not exactly sure but I guess that these games don't have much combos either. Prince of Persia series started focusing on battle system in Warrior Within but before WW it was SoT and I'm pretty sure this type of gameplay back then was pretty innovative to many people. Of course you can dislike it because it might have not aged well for you but remember when this game was made.

Then why do I love older & harder games, but I despise this one? 

I was pretty late to the game so I had to deal with all the ways the game has aged too but i remember enjoying it a fair bit. Nothing to write home about but enjoyable enough to platinum. Especially considering it was a decade old game at the time. I couldn't stand Warrior Within though, i went at that at least a dozen times because i can't stand paying for a game and not playing it but i just found nothing redeemable in it. Though i admit, a lot of it was just the aged factor and to a newcomer like me WW aged far worse

On 11/7/2019 at 3:44 AM, HaserPL said:

Ratchet & Clank was released in 2002, Jak 2 late 2003. 

The sole purpose of this thread was to figure out whether or not I'm in the wrong here by hating this game. Turns out that some people found it bad just as I did so I don't feel bad anymore by disliking the game, I just feel bad that I may have to beat it twice. 

Well Jak 1 was released in 2001, and by the time R&C came out, Jak 2 was deep in development. Therefore saying that one "copied the other" is far-fetched. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Well Jak 1 was released in 2001, and by the time R&C came out, Jak 2 was deep in development. Therefore saying that one "copied the other" is far-fetched. 

I'm not saying that Jak 2 copied R&C formula. I'm 99% sure that they DID change some things because R&C was such a major hit. 2 years in development back then was quite a long stretch of time. Even now games are made in the same time span. Lots of stuff can be changed or re-written. They dropped great adventure formula from Jak and Daxter, and went the same way as R&C into the third-person shooter and the result wasn't very good. 

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but i did like SoT back on the PS2 last decade, and liked it again well I got the plat some time ago. I dont remember why, but I was a hater of Prince of Persia back then, and when I played SoT it was a great surprise. Running around the place and rewinding time was very fun to me. From the original trilogy Warrior Within was my favorite. Now if we're talking about unenjoyable PoP games, it is Forgotten Sands. I played through it in the PC when released, bought it for the PS3 for the platinum but I just cant, that game is too boring. 

Well I guess it's pretty obvious that i LOVE  the game. xD

While not being perfect, I never had big problems with the combat which btw is very simple, not a whole buch of different moves like in WW which is great but I found it glitchier than SOT.

I guess I didn't have problems because I played the remaster after getting a master in Batman Arkham games, kick jump, punch jump, lol.

They went with an acrobatic style, so I felt fine punch jump, kick evade, but I have to say that the jump roll is annoying sometimes.

My only complaint with the remaster is how the sound was treated so poorly, such a great soundtrack wasted :(

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 1:12 PM, HaserPL said:

I'm not saying that Jak 2 copied R&C formula. I'm 99% sure that they DID change some things because R&C was such a major hit. 2 years in development back then was quite a long stretch of time. Even now games are made in the same time span. Lots of stuff can be changed or re-written. They dropped great adventure formula from Jak and Daxter, and went the same way as R&C into the third-person shooter and the result wasn't very good. 

You kidding me? Jak 2 and 3 are classics. Jak 1 is kinda shit. 

On 11/8/2019 at 1:21 PM, Zircon_Lotus said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but i did like SoT back on the PS2 last decade, and liked it again well I got the plat some time ago. I dont remember why, but I was a hater of Prince of Persia back then, and when I played SoT it was a great surprise. Running around the place and rewinding time was very fun to me. From the original trilogy Warrior Within was my favorite. Now if we're talking about unenjoyable PoP games, it is Forgotten Sands. I played through it in the PC when released, bought it for the PS3 for the platinum but I just cant, that game is too boring. 

Problem for me with TFS is that it's too short. 

• Like 1

Well it's bad to most of you because it's an old game from the PS2 era. However I definitely think it's better than The Warrior Within as far as trophies go.

Warrior Within suffers from repetition as the combat was bad and there is a sand portal glitch that can screw your entire playthrough. I honestly don't know what triggers it but I've heard it happen to some people, which is awful.

2 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You kidding me? Jak 2 and 3 are classics. Jak 1 is kinda shit.

Jak and Daxter has solid platforming and it's a fun and easy game to boot.

Jak 2 gets criticism because of the city layout being bad and the missions having sparse checkpoints. However after I played through the game a few years ago, the difficulty is nowhere near what people claim it is. If they were playing Hero Mode then yeah, the game is hard. Without the difficulty spikes, a lot of people would probably say it was a good game.

Jak 3 is definitely better. Did away from the crappy City layout in place of a more open world desert area. However you still have to go back to the City for story reasons, so some of the missions there can be aggravating.

2 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Problem for me with TFS is that it's too short. 

I actually enjoyed The Forgotten Sands. I'd put it on the same level as other AA games in the era, which sadly are mostly missing this generation.

Easy platinum and can be done in four to six hours if you're good.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I thought most everyone hated Jak 2, but liked Jak 1? I didn't like Jak 1, BTW, and never bothered playing Jak 2.

One of the biggest misconceptions, it's a loud vocal minority at best. The overall fanbase has considered Jak II to be the best in the series for countless years, which isn't shocking whatsoever when actually looking at what the game offers and improves over its prequel. TPL, actually, is fairly overrated given how shallow of a game it is and undercooked a good deal of its gameplay is. 

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Warrior Within suffers from repetition as the combat was bad and there is a sand portal glitch that can screw your entire playthrough. I honestly don't know what triggers it but I've heard it happen to some people, which is awful.

It happened to me, it was pretty deep into the game and therefore I gave up on it.

Edited by lettmon
  • Like 2

On 06. 11. 2019. at 9:56 PM, awf9495 said:

Thanks for mentioning my avatar’s name xD

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 6:57 AM, lettmon said:

It happened to me, it was pretty deep into the game and therefore I gave up on it.

Sorry to hear that. The game being overly repetitive with the backtracking would be enough for me to drop it.

On 11/11/2019 at 7:32 AM, Dark Prince said:

Thanks for mentioning my avatar’s name xD

I don't think The Warrior Within is truly awful. However compared with a few other PS2 games it definitely doesn't hold up all that well. This game definitely eluded me when I used to rent PS2 games when I was younger.

• 1 year later...
On 11/6/2019 at 5:23 PM, HarasserPL said:

I cannot comprehend why people like this game. As a child I played the fuck outta Warrior Within and Two Thrones, but haven't played Sands of Time until now. I'm around half-way through the game and every second hurts like walking on shards of broken glass. Camera? Fucked up. It goes fucking bonkers, sometimes during the fight, I can't see shit because it chooses to zoom out or zoom against my will. Combat? Fucked up. Long and boring fights with the same enemies, no real attack patterns to learn, enemies can block you from jumping around them and can block your regular attacks, it's so random you never know what to do. And oh no, fights aren't easy. If you are fighting against 4 enemies at the same time you need to run around the location like an idiot, because if they so much as corner you, you're fucked. They can attack simultaneously making it impossible to block/counter their attacks unless you run around and split them into smaller groups. This girl, the narration and story is so irrelevant and boring that I don't even know what's her name, she can stun them with her bow, but she's useless, and more often than not you will have to run back to save her because she can very easily be killed by the enemies. Health regen? Fucked up. One good combo from the enemy can take away half of your health and if you wanna have a little chance of survival, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT THROUGH THE ENCOUNTERS NEAR FLAWLESSLY AND RUN LIKE A FUCKING IDIOT AROUND THE ENEMIES TO HAVE THe SLIGHTEST CHANCE OF GETTING NEAR THE FOUNTAIN TO REGENERATE SOME OF YOUR HEALTH. AND OF COURSE, THE ENEMIES CAN TELEPORT TO YOU, SO YOU CAN DIE AFTER 8 MINUTES OF FIGHTING WITH THEM WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO GET 20% OF YOUR HEALTH BACK. Who the fuck thought that's a good idea for a game mechanic? To add a grain of salt to the wound, you cannot rewind time more than 20 times during your playthrough. Which means that you can only use them in very specific and very punishing moments and only a limited amount of time. IN A GAME THAT'S SO HARD AND PUNISHING TO ENFORCE THE TIME REWIND MECHANIC. 40 minutes of trying to get past this fucking fighting section and one of your enemies attack you from behind with no time to react? Well, you could have just rewind time and beat him. No? You can't? Oh, that's right, you can't BECAUSE THERE IS FUCKING 20 REWINDS LIMIT.

When i played it back in 2004 i already hated it. The platforming was fun but the combat was very frustrating especially the part where you had to 'absorb' enemies with the dagger of time when you finally slayed one. Because if one of the other enemies hit you during the absorb animation, it was interrupted and you could start over again or the enemy would be revived...

Warrior within fixed the combat but there were a lot of other bugs, made my console crash multiple times and the two thrones i barely remember so it probably was a forgettable experience.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 9:10 AM, EcoShifter said:

One of the biggest misconceptions, it's a loud vocal minority at best. The overall fanbase has considered Jak II to be the best in the series for countless years, which isn't shocking whatsoever when actually looking at what the game offers and improves over its prequel. TPL, actually, is fairly overrated given how shallow of a game it is and undercooked a good deal of its gameplay is. 

This thread is about PoP and I read it for PoP but most of the comments were towards Jak xD

But whattt? Jak 2 is considered by the fanbase the most enjoyable? Just shoot me this does not make any sense to me. 

• Like 1