DaveMcDamage

Mini game requirements and other questions

60 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I unlocked the hitmen missions and again it shows how badly the gameplay was designed. All those moves at your hands yet the heat moves are now pointless, and the ai blocking is just total dogs**t for a gameplay experience. I truly hope Yakuza 4 isn't this awful. 

They fixed the AI blocking all the time in 4, actually they nerfed the enemies so much that most people call it the easiest game in the series lol.

 

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I take it you can do all the mini-games and stuff once the main story if finished? I want to try and get as many unlocked items as possible to finish off the tedious hitmen missions as well as the Amon fight, but would rather do it after the end credits if its possible?

You can do everything in premium adventure, even the so called "missable" substories.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

They fixed the AI blocking all the time in 4, actually they nerfed the enemies so much that most people call it the easiest game in the series lol.

 

You can do everything in premium adventure, even the so called "missable" substories.

Cheers man. 

 

So many things piss me off about this game, and the stuff I was dreading is actually fine. Karaoke for example. I had a nightmare with these in the previous game, yet I have done 5 out of 6 of the songs to dragon level with only a couple of attempts. Only one that gives me trouble is the summertime song. 

 

The massage game. The only f**king massage you will have that will stress you out. And what the hell the point in having a *opps spoiler almost* displayed whilst you have to concentrate on the score bar is pointless..... GAH!

 

And whoever designed that running game needs a hard core slap to the balls. Talk about poorly made and overused to hell. Cripes!

 

Not sure if I am sending mixed signals here but this is definitely my least favourite Yakuza game :D ... even if the story seems to be pretty awesome. 

 

Oh and by the way. Is it worth using that child amulet to prevent random battles? They seem to give crap exp anyway so its it worth just ignoring them?

 

Oh and one more thing. If the fighting, or rather the ai blocking is so bad in the main game, are the ultimate battles even worse?

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Oh and by the way. Is it worth using that child amulet to prevent random battles? They seem to give crap exp anyway so its it worth just ignoring them?

 

Oh and one more thing. If the fighting, or rather the ai blocking is so bad in the main game, are the ultimate battles even worse?

I've never used the amulet iirc, but if you're annoyed with the random battles I think it's fine to use it.

 

Don't remember having any issues in the ultimate battles apart from one where you have to chase Mack and the final Ultimate battle, took quite a feel tries lol

 

Btw not sure if you've already noticed, but the best way to deal with enemies is to use the quickstep+triangle move to get behind them, that way you can avoid the blocking spam most of the time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers man. 

 

So many things piss me off about this game, and the stuff I was dreading is actually fine. Karaoke for example. I had a nightmare with these in the previous game, yet I have done 5 out of 6 of the songs to dragon level with only a couple of attempts. Only one that gives me trouble is the summertime song. 

 

The massage game. The only f**king massage you will have that will stress you out. And what the hell the point in having a *opps spoiler almost* displayed whilst you have to concentrate on the score bar is pointless..... GAH!

 

And whoever designed that running game needs a hard core slap to the balls. Talk about poorly made and overused to hell. Cripes!

 

Not sure if I am sending mixed signals here but this is definitely my least favourite Yakuza game :D ... even if the story seems to be pretty awesome. 

 

Oh and by the way. Is it worth using that child amulet to prevent random battles? They seem to give crap exp anyway so its it worth just ignoring them?

 

Oh and one more thing. If the fighting, or rather the ai blocking is so bad in the main game, are the ultimate battles even worse?

The Ultimates are easy compared to Kiwami or Zero. You have to fight most bosses again, but with lower health and sometimes weapons. Quickstepping is the best method for getting behind bosses with guns. For the most other bosses, the use of R1 + O, while they attack does good damage and is much easier than the Komaki Tiger Drop. Also they are stunned after that, so that you can get behind them and throw a combo in. The hardest boss I guess is Komaki, which you will fight in the 2nd last ultimate (but in critical state your heat recovers, so you can heal (L3 + R3) or use the Essence of rolling (rolling with double X towards your opponent and use triangle while in heat mode). Important is, that you don't need to rush through the harder fights (until you want the S rank, which isn't relevant for trophies), that gives you the possibility to gain heat with taunts (R2) or in a critical state, to use heat actions. Although the trophy says "play all battles", so you just need to start and quit the last ultimate. (So you just need to complete the 4 3-boss-battles).

I would recommend you this guide, which makes the ultimates relatively easy.

 

And btw: I wish you strong nerves for the coliseum ;)

Edited by xXK-oZXx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, xXK-oZXx said:

 

 

And btw: I wish you strong nerves for the coliseum ;)

Cheers man.

 

As for the coliseum.... Just started chapter 8 and had my first go.... quit in the finals due to how f**king boring this game is. I was buzzing for the fight at the end of chapter 7, but as per usual combat was total shite and destroyed the game even more, then the coliseum just became too much after that. They should stress in the trophy guide that its imperative to play your first ever playthrough on easy or normal if you want to enjoy this game, because I truly have had one of the worst gaming experiences to date with Yakuza 3 on hard mode. I have no idea what was going through their minds when they released this, but to then f**k it up all over again for the remaster makes no f**king sense to me. 

 

So I have to beat 70 individual guys and then win 20 tag fights at the coliseum? 

 

edit

 

Almost rage quit the triad battle. First the captain fight was annoying, then the chase really pissed me off, and the boss fight almost made me rage quit. Once the story kicked back in though it went back to being awesome. The twist made me laugh out loud as even though I have yet to see the story through, the suspect character thing was pretty bad. That being said, Mine is one mean calculating dude. Awesome adversary me thinks. 

 

EDIT

 

Murder at Cafe Alps. I looked it up and whilst you can't finish it until chapter 12 I assumed you could interview other people for now. Went to see the Florist yet he's not there. Or I am missing something and cannot find him. Any ideas?

 

Rage quit the coliseum again. Man this game is a pile of shite for the most part. And then I bumped into Mack and guess what.... more running. I pray that one day I bump into that bitch at Sega who produces this series, so that I can express my rage at him by acting out all of Kiyru's heat moves on him.... then dick him in the ear. I call that move, Essence of a ginger who thinks you made a great story for Yakuza 3 but the gameplay was the worst I have come across in a long time. Got to be drunk and super angry to pull that move off. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.11.2019 at 9:12 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers man.

 

As for the coliseum.... Just started chapter 8 and had my first go.... quit in the finals due to how f**king boring this game is. I was buzzing for the fight at the end of chapter 7, but as per usual combat was total shite and destroyed the game even more, then the coliseum just became too much after that. They should stress in the trophy guide that its imperative to play your first ever playthrough on easy or normal if you want to enjoy this game, because I truly have had one of the worst gaming experiences to date with Yakuza 3 on hard mode. I have no idea what was going through their minds when they released this, but to then f**k it up all over again for the remaster makes no f**king sense to me. 

 

So I have to beat 70 individual guys and then win 20 tag fights at the coliseum? 

 

edit

 

Almost rage quit the triad battle. First the captain fight was annoying, then the chase really pissed me off, and the boss fight almost made me rage quit. Once the story kicked back in though it went back to being awesome. The twist made me laugh out loud as even though I have yet to see the story through, the suspect character thing was pretty bad. That being said, Mine is one mean calculating dude. Awesome adversary me thinks. 

 

EDIT

 

Murder at Cafe Alps. I looked it up and whilst you can't finish it until chapter 12 I assumed you could interview other people for now. Went to see the Florist yet he's not there. Or I am missing something and cannot find him. Any ideas?

 

Rage quit the coliseum again. Man this game is a pile of shite for the most part. And then I bumped into Mack and guess what.... more running. I pray that one day I bump into that bitch at Sega who produces this series, so that I can express my rage at him by acting out all of Kiyru's heat moves on him.... then dick him in the ear. I call that move, Essence of a ginger who thinks you made a great story for Yakuza 3 but the gameplay was the worst I have come across in a long time. Got to be drunk and super angry to pull that move off. 

You don't need 70 individual fights, but you have to win most tournaments 3 times (8/13). 3 of them need only one win and another 2 5 wins, to unlock all tournaments. So you have to win 99 one-on-one fights and 12 tag team fights (when you always win), to get the trophy. Also there are the typical circumstances, like breaking cage, hot bottom or you have to choose a weapon. Depending on your enemies, that could be time consuming (i hate Komaki xD).

 

For the murder at café alps: I guess you'll first have to met the detective/police men, before you can get any testimonies.

Edited by xXK-oZXx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 5:12 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

Murder at Cafe Alps. I looked it up and whilst you can't finish it until chapter 12 I assumed you could interview other people for now. Went to see the Florist yet he's not there. Or I am missing something and cannot find him. Any ideas?

 

Rage quit the coliseum again. Man this game is a pile of shite for the most part. And then I bumped into Mack and guess what.... more running. I pray that one day I bump into that bitch at Sega who produces this series, so that I can express my rage at him by acting out all of Kiyru's heat moves on him.... then dick him in the ear. I call that move, Essence of a ginger who thinks you made a great story for Yakuza 3 but the gameplay was the worst I have come across in a long time. Got to be drunk and super angry to pull that move off. 

lol

 

IIRC you can only find the detective in Bantam at night, that's why you need to wait until the final chapter.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

lol

 

IIRC you can only find the detective in Bantam at night, that's why you need to wait until the final chapter.

Cheers mate. I am going to finish off some of these hitmen missions. I unlocked that heat move where you attack 4 guys... awesome move, though still not as good as Majima's move from Zero mwahahahar.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been ploding along and now on chapter 10. Got most of the side missions done except for the murder case and the manga comic. Decided to have a few more fights at the coliseum. 

 

Won a tourny but wow was it boring. Then a golden glove event opened up and took boredom to a whole new level by restricting your moves to punch only. Yeah you can do the tiger drop, but on some guys they're just too fast to figure out the timing. Lost that and quit the game. 

 

Any tips on what I need to concentrate on for the coliseum events, upgrades etc? Remember that I am on hard mode or as its now known 'boring as f**k mode'.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you delete a post on here for crying out loud? Gah!

 

So how are you guys doing with the game?

 

I was doing the last hitman missions but rage quit out due to extreme levels of boredom. I still hate the darts mechanic, the rng on pool is a touch too high, golf is a work in progress, the toy grabber game f**king sucks... basically Yakuza 3 takes everything I loved about the franchise and totally destroys. 

 

Up to about chapter 10 the story held up really well, choppy... but still decent. Then from chapter 11 it turns into one big f**king laughable mess. How the f**k they were about to continue the franchise after this complete and utter f**k up I will never know. Still, I got 100% OCD for the series and must finish this badly programmed turd. 

 

By the way. I think I have all upgrades up to level 9 now. Saved before finishing chapter 12, done all substories except the Minimada stuff and the final hitman mission, hardly any mini-game stuff done, but the exp in the game is weird as f**k and not sure how the hell I can max out Kiryu. Any info on that?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

How do you delete a post on here for crying out loud? Gah!

 

So how are you guys doing with the game?

 

I was doing the last hitman missions but rage quit out due to extreme levels of boredom. I still hate the darts mechanic, the rng on pool is a touch too high, golf is a work in progress, the toy grabber game f**king sucks... basically Yakuza 3 takes everything I loved about the franchise and totally destroys. 

 

Up to about chapter 10 the story held up really well, choppy... but still decent. Then from chapter 11 it turns into one big f**king laughable mess. How the f**k they were about to continue the franchise after this complete and utter f**k up I will never know. Still, I got 100% OCD for the series and must finish this badly programmed turd. 

 

By the way. I think I have all upgrades up to level 9 now. Saved before finishing chapter 12, done all substories except the Minimada stuff and the final hitman mission, hardly any mini-game stuff done, but the exp in the game is weird as f**k and not sure how the hell I can max out Kiryu. Any info on that?

2nd Playthrough. I  did everything on normal and had one Level 10 stat before the final boss, could do a 2nd after it (but in NG+). After maybe 2/3 of my 2nd run (only Story) I had Kiryu fully maxed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xXK-oZXx said:

2nd Playthrough. I  did everything on normal and had one Level 10 stat before the final boss, could do a 2nd after it (but in NG+). After maybe 2/3 of my 2nd run (only Story) I had Kiryu fully maxed.

Well as you know this is my first (and worst) playthgrough and yeah I have everything at level 9. Just got to the Amon fight on hard but quit out. Once again its cheap as f**k and worse this time because Kiyru moves like a f**king truck and cannot turn properly. I also got caught by his bomb blast and was on the ground and used 3 royales until I could actually get time to stand back up.... then rage quit the piece of s**t. 

 

So far the only things I have liked in Yakuza 3 is the baseball mini-game. Still not done Ex-hard for the BB, but at least its done well and depends on skill to succeed rather that cheap tactics.. Gah!

 

Hey Koz. Did I ever mention how much I hate this game?

 

:D

 

EDIT

 

Well I'll be captain of the ginger mother f**kers!

 

So there is a guy who uploads Y3 remaster vids (must have been the 9th guy who bought it huh? Mwhahahhaha)

 

Anyway he uploaded an Amon vid which looked awesome, but then reading the comments I saw something which made me go all gooey inside. It turns out when you complete the game on hard mode, the game then goes into normal mode when on premium. Now early in this rage thread someone mentioned how premium had less blocking and this must be why. 

 

So I will still fight Amon on hard mode, but at least this should ease up the coliseum completion when I go for that. 

 

EDIT

 

Beat Amon on hard. Not my most triumphant fight, in fact the whole thing was just one big clumsy mess. This entire game has been built around the Komaki grab and the tiger drop and that is not what I expect from a Yakuza game.... Gah!

 

Got the golden pistol now. Dunno if its of any use. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Well as you know this is my first (and worst) playthgrough and yeah I have everything at level 9. Just got to the Amon fight on hard but quit out. Once again its cheap as f**k and worse this time because Kiyru moves like a f**king truck and cannot turn properly. I also got caught by his bomb blast and was on the ground and used 3 royales until I could actually get time to stand back up.... then rage quit the piece of s**t. 

 

So far the only things I have liked in Yakuza 3 is the baseball mini-game. Still not done Ex-hard for the BB, but at least its done well and depends on skill to succeed rather that cheap tactics.. Gah!

 

Hey Koz. Did I ever mention how much I hate this game?

 

:D

 

EDIT

 

Well I'll be captain of the ginger mother f**kers!

 

So there is a guy who uploads Y3 remaster vids (must have been the 9th guy who bought it huh? Mwhahahhaha)

 

Anyway he uploaded an Amon vid which looked awesome, but then reading the comments I saw something which made me go all gooey inside. It turns out when you complete the game on hard mode, the game then goes into normal mode when on premium. Now early in this rage thread someone mentioned how premium had less blocking and this must be why. 

 

So I will still fight Amon on hard mode, but at least this should ease up the coliseum completion when I go for that. 

 

EDIT

 

Beat Amon on hard. Not my most triumphant fight, in fact the whole thing was just one big clumsy mess. This entire game has been built around the Komaki grab and the tiger drop and that is not what I expect from a Yakuza game.... Gah!

 

Got the golden pistol now. Dunno if its of any use. 

Yeah. Had some troubles with Amon too (on normal). Until I read a guide. Then 1st and 3rd phase went f***ing easy with the tiger drop, the 2nd phase was the gun phase (if I remember correct), and I also find that gunslinger fights the easiest.

 

Somewhere I read, that you could lower the difficulty after a certain amount of fails. 

 

The golden gun makes it easy, but boring. You can fire from a safe distance. But it will do just a minimum amount of damage (so I sometimes throw some heat actions in). Some enemies could be perma-stunned with it, so most bossfights where a 5 minute shootout. Just had problems with 2nd Majima fight (in the coliseum), where I switched to Komaki Parry. But even normal attacks did about the same damage, so it's not faster but safer and more boring.

But the golden gun is very effective for normal enemies, most die after 2-3 hits.

And: Nobody can block a gun ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xXK-oZXx said:

Yeah. Had some troubles with Amon too (on normal). Until I read a guide. Then 1st and 3rd phase went f***ing easy with the tiger drop, the 2nd phase was the gun phase (if I remember correct), and I also find that gunslinger fights the easiest.

 

Somewhere I read, that you could lower the difficulty after a certain amount of fails. 

 

The golden gun makes it easy, but boring. You can fire from a safe distance. But it will do just a minimum amount of damage (so I sometimes throw some heat actions in). Some enemies could be perma-stunned with it, so most bossfights where a 5 minute shootout. Just had problems with 2nd Majima fight (in the coliseum), where I switched to Komaki Parry. But even normal attacks did about the same damage, so it's not faster but safer and more boring.

But the golden gun is very effective for normal enemies, most die after 2-3 hits.

And: Nobody can block a gun ;)

Well because I am now in premium mode and on normal, I was hoping to blaze through the coliseum and just get it over with... But no. Whilst its not as bad as hard mode, the fight restrictions as such show you what poor fight moves you have compared to the AI fighters. 

 

Its gonna take ages for me to finish this game due to how s**t it is and how little time I invest in it. I was reading about and it turns out that the Yakuza series didn't actually get good until they released Zero, this is when more gamers in the west bought it and it made the devs realise they need to up their own dev skills if they want to sell outside of Japan, so thats why we then got the remakes of 1 & 2. Those sold better than they ever had but then they got lazy and thought they could just do remasters for the 3, 4 and 5. 

 

Not sure if you have started 4 yet, but reviews say it has the weakest story. Now Yakuza 3 started with a strong story which I thought was going to content against Kiwami 2's story for being awesome, but typical Japanese writing it then turned into a bad emo play halfway through and totally went to s**t. So if 4'S story is worse than that, then I hope at least the game play is good. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

 

Not sure if you have started 4 yet, but reviews say it has the weakest story. Now Yakuza 3 started with a strong story which I thought was going to content against Kiwami 2's story for being awesome, but typical Japanese writing it then turned into a bad emo play halfway through and totally went to s**t. So if 4'S story is worse than that, then I hope at least the game play is good. 

 

Yakuza 4 was my first Yakuza I played on PS3 and I had fun with it :) It was the first game were you introduced to multiple characters you can Play so the Fighting has more varity in it. I wouldn´t say that the Story is bad in Yakuza 4. But this is really subjective and can only be answered by yourself :P

 

I can understand why it´s not so comfortable to Play like 0 because of it´s age and the slightly different Gameplay. Maybe I had the Bonus to Play first the older games and just loved the games since then. Since I platinumed all entries so far I Need to wait for new sugar from the Studio. But if you like the more modern Gameplay of Yakuza, you should take a look on the available spin Offs like Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise and Judgement. I had a blast with those games.

 

But Maybe I´m just a fan Boy :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Its gonna take ages for me to finish this game due to how s**t it is and how little time I invest in it. I was reading about and it turns out that the Yakuza series didn't actually get good until they released Zero, this is when more gamers in the west bought it and it made the devs realise they need to up their own dev skills if they want to sell outside of Japan, so thats why we then got the remakes of 1 & 2. Those sold better than they ever had but then they got lazy and thought they could just do remasters for the 3, 4 and 5. 

 Dont you dare insulting Yakuza 5 😅

In terms of story it is rather average because you basically have 4 character arcs and a joint finale but the story is not as bad/bullshit as some parts of 3 or 4.

Gameplay, combat and content wise it is (much) better than 3 and 4. The technical aspects ( graphics) are quite a bit better too.

 

I have played every yakuza at some point and this is my personal ranking:

 

Y0> Y5=kiwami 2 > Y6 > Kiwami 1 = Y4 > Y3

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, didn't start Yakuza 4 yet. Wanted to wait a bit, until the release of 5 is closer. Also I need some outtime from Yakuza after playing one of them. I (mostly) enjoy them, but I want to play something else between (which is atm RDR 2, so even more time consuming and grindy).

 

At least the Remakes were for PS2 Games, so there is a big leap between the original and the PS4 version. 3 to 5 are just one generation old, which doesn't improve them so much (for the graphic). So I guess the controls/physics weren't changed, due to the costs. Don't forget that the Trilogy only costs 20 €/$ per game. That's sometimes nearly the PSN price of the original. The PS3 version of Y4 costs here 20€ via PSN, Y5 30€. While Y3 is disc-only (which makes it hard to get outside of asia I guess, Ebay sells an used version for 24€), this is an absolutely fair price and I don't expect any more work on them, than a simple porting.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Inuty said:

 

Yakuza 4 was my first Yakuza I played on PS3 and I had fun with it :) It was the first game were you introduced to multiple characters you can Play so the Fighting has more varity in it. I wouldn´t say that the Story is bad in Yakuza 4. But this is really subjective and can only be answered by yourself :P

 

I can understand why it´s not so comfortable to Play like 0 because of it´s age and the slightly different Gameplay. Maybe I had the Bonus to Play first the older games and just loved the games since then. Since I platinumed all entries so far I Need to wait for new sugar from the Studio. But if you like the more modern Gameplay of Yakuza, you should take a look on the available spin Offs like Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise and Judgement. I had a blast with those games.

 

But Maybe I´m just a fan Boy :D 

Nah I can understand the love for the devs, despite some serious f**k ups but who doesn't eh. 

 

12 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

 Dont you dare insulting Yakuza 5 😅

In terms of story it is rather average because you basically have 4 character arcs and a joint finale but the story is not as bad/bullshit as some parts of 3 or 4.

Gameplay, combat and content wise it is (much) better than 3 and 4. The technical aspects ( graphics) are quite a bit better too.

 

I have played every yakuza at some point and this is my personal ranking:

 

Y0> Y5=kiwami 2 > Y6 > Kiwami 1 = Y4 > Y3

Yeah so far I'd rate them as Zero, Kiwami 2, Kiwami and 3

 

I might have read it wrong but is it true that the platinum for 5 takes the longest out of the series?

9 hours ago, xXK-oZXx said:

Nope, didn't start Yakuza 4 yet. Wanted to wait a bit, until the release of 5 is closer. Also I need some outtime from Yakuza after playing one of them. I (mostly) enjoy them, but I want to play something else between (which is atm RDR 2, so even more time consuming and grindy).

 

At least the Remakes were for PS2 Games, so there is a big leap between the original and the PS4 version. 3 to 5 are just one generation old, which doesn't improve them so much (for the graphic). So I guess the controls/physics weren't changed, due to the costs. Don't forget that the Trilogy only costs 20 €/$ per game. That's sometimes nearly the PSN price of the original. The PS3 version of Y4 costs here 20€ via PSN, Y5 30€. While Y3 is disc-only (which makes it hard to get outside of asia I guess, Ebay sells an used version for 24€), this is an absolutely fair price and I don't expect any more work on them, than a simple porting.

Yeah I can understand that. 

 

When I eventually do finish Y3, the new DLC for American Fugitive got released so I will try to re-100% that f**king game and then move onto Y4. 

 

EDIT

 

Mother f**ker! This game is truly the gift that keeps getting shitter. Where Zero got better with every chapter, Y3 gets worse with every new experience. Was getting some wins in the coliseum and then it eventually opened up the tag tourneys. Oh f**k my balls with a cricket bat and stick a dick in my ear.... This mode sucks! The game itself cannot handle the type of AI it wanted to attempt and its just one mighty f**k mess. 

 

Gah! Did I ever mention that time I played Yakuza 3 and hated its f**king guts?

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah so far I'd rate them as Zero, Kiwami 2, Kiwami and 3

 

I might have read it wrong but is it true that the platinum for 5 takes the longest out of the series?

 

 

Yes it is probably the longest plat. It took me ~10h more than Y0, but zero was my first yakuza ( when I played Y5 I was already used to the series, so I didnt "waste" too many hours).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 0:35 AM, GoDBoss173 said:

 

Yes it is probably the longest plat. It took me ~10h more than Y0, but zero was my first yakuza ( when I played Y5 I was already used to the series, so I didnt "waste" too many hours).

Cool beans. As long as its actually a good game to play then time doesn't matter. 

 

Couple more questions. 

 

1: It seems there are loads of cheat items to help with the gambling games. I cannot see one for Mahjong though,is there one in this game like Kiwami 2?

 

2: Gah...... on and on the coliseum goes. So the trophy for winning all tourneys is simple, but is this also part of the minigame sections like in previous games? In previous games getting 100% meant you had to do everything even thing like eating, but cannot tell if the requirement for doing all mini-games includes unlocking all coliseum fighter etc. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cool beans. As long as its actually a good game to play then time doesn't matter. 

 

Couple more questions. 

 

1: It seems there are loads of cheat items to help with the gambling games. I cannot see one for Mahjong though,is there one in this game like Kiwami 2?

 

2: Gah...... on and on the coliseum goes. So the trophy for winning all tourneys is simple, but is this also part of the minigame sections like in previous games? In previous games getting 100% meant you had to do everything even thing like eating, but cannot tell if the requirement for doing all mini-games includes unlocking all coliseum fighter etc. 

 

1. Yes there is one, as far as I remember it is the same item like in Kiwami 2 ( a mahjong tile which gives you an insta win). Minigames arent that bad in Y5 but there is a huge amount of them. Personally I hated billiards and virtual fighter 2, Pachinko can get annoying too and I still dont know how I got it.

 

2. Unfortunately it is and the Coliseum is quite a pain in this game. In Yakuza 5 you have 5 main characters but only 4 of them are fighters. You have to complete all coliseum tournaments at least once ( ~ 10 different ones) with EVERY main character -> around 40 coliseum wins in total. The problem is that every character has his own arena rank. You raise that rank by winning such tournaments and you need a pretty high rank to unlock the last required tournament ( you have to win (much) more than 10 tournaments per character to get the necessary rank) -> It is a huge grind to reach such a high rank and you have to do it 4 times, which is very tedious/annoying.

 

Just like Y0 and Kiwami this game has climax battles again. There was a very annoying/infuriating one ( you have to switch weapons to deal damage to enemies) but the rest is fairly easy. In general the climax battles in this game are much easier than Y0/Kiwami.

Edited by GoDBoss173
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

 

1. Yes there is one, as far as I remember it is the same item like in Kiwami 2 ( a mahjong tile which gives you an insta win). Minigames arent that bad in Y5 but there is a huge amount of them. Personally I hated billiards and virtual fighter 2, Pachinko can get annoying too and I still dont know how I got it.

 

2. Unfortunately it is and the Coliseum is quite a pain in this game. In Yakuza 5 you have 5 main characters but only 4 of them are fighters. You have to complete all coliseum tournaments at least once ( ~ 10 different ones) with EVERY main character -> around 40 coliseum wins in total. The problem is that every character has his own arena rank. You raise that rank by winning such tournaments and you need a pretty high rank to unlock the last required tournament ( you have to win (much) more than 10 tournaments per character to get the necessary rank) -> It is a huge grind to reach such a high rank and you have to do it 4 times, which is very tedious/annoying.

 

Just like Y0 and Kiwami this game has climax battles again. There was a very annoying/infuriating one ( you have to switch weapons to deal damage to enemies) but the rest is fairly easy. In general the climax battles in this game are much easier than Y0/Kiwami.

No mate lol I meant those questions to be aimed at Yakuza 3 which I am currently going through. Cheers though man. Least I can get stressed in advance for Yakuza 5's requirements lol. 

 

Yeah there were 1 or 2 tough climax battles for Zero. I had the most trouble with Kiryu;s no getting hit battle. It tended to be some of the proving ground stuff was harder than than the later battles lol. 

 

Yeah I loved Virtua Fighter when I was a kid and video game fighters had serious restrictions, but f**k me if this game hasn't aged well. It was horrible on Kiwami 2, but no where near as awful as that robot fighting game. 

 

Ok so for Yakuza 3 I want to know this. 

 

1: In terms of going for the 100% completion its just the mini-games that have to be completed and not the entire completion list like in Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2? So for example I don't need to eat everything, fight every enemy at the coliseum etc etc.

 

2: Does anyone have a f**king clue how darts work in this game. Its total arse compared to other Yakuza games. 

 

3: Why do the devs of this game hate me so much?

 

4: Any tips for Poker? I know how to play but the 10k in one sitting requirement is dog shit. Wish they allowed you to do it 10k altogether so you could actually enjoy the game... Gah!

 

5: This box shooter is shit. Come to my house and do it for me. 

 

6: The trophy requirement for ultimate match says to play them all, not win them all. Is it just badly worded or can you indeed just play them all. Or does it not matter as you have to finish one match to unlock the next?

 

7: The devs at Fallen Tree Games have added new trophies for American Fugitive. That game was complete arse and I will pay anyone in biscuits to go around to FTG studio and punch them all in their stupid, trophy adding after a year, pieces of shit, balls. 

 

So far I have done all the karaoke songs which I found so much easier in Y3 than the previous games songs. Finally done the only massage game in the world which actually induces stress. Done black jack and roulette and sure there was another one. Think I have finished 5/19 so far. 

 

Oh and the grabber game is dog shit in Y3 too. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 5:32 PM, kanzenchaos said:

Want me to fly to your house and finish this s**t game for you?

 

On 11/27/2019 at 2:44 PM, xXK-oZXx said:

Yeah I'll fly over too. Just get some tea and toast ready. 

Awww you guys. I accept. 

 

Man the thing that really embarrasses this game is the outdated/badly developed physics and mechanics. Darts and that grabber game are f**king awful man. 

 

Though whilst I rate Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 has having great stories and gameplay, to this day I haven't played a Yakuza game which was fun to get the 100% on. Its a shame really and the Japs need to chill out with this shit. Difficulty should come from intelligent AI and a great physics and mechanic system. Not this RNG luck s**t which the Japanese devs had abused for years. There is probably a reason why console gaming in Japan is dead, and its because the devs didn't know what constitutes as fun and challenging with a rewarding experience, and instead opt for s**t development skills and over use of a calculator ai.

 

Gah!

 

But in all seriousness, I really do regret buying this now. I was telling myself to hold out and get it as cheap as possible but nope. Now I am truly feeling the cost. 

 

Wow. My ginger tears of frustration are strong today. Man I hate this f**king game.   

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

1: In terms of going for the 100% completion its just the mini-games that have to be completed and not the entire completion list like in Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2? So for example I don't need to eat everything, fight every enemy at the coliseum etc etc.

 

2: Does anyone have a f**king clue how darts work in this game. Its total arse compared to other Yakuza games. 

 

3: Why do the devs of this game hate me so much?

 

4: Any tips for Poker? I know how to play but the 10k in one sitting requirement is dog shit. Wish they allowed you to do it 10k altogether so you could actually enjoy the game... Gah!

 

5: This box shooter is shit. Come to my house and do it for me. 

 

6: The trophy requirement for ultimate match says to play them all, not win them all. Is it just badly worded or can you indeed just play them all. Or does it not matter as you have to finish one match to unlock the next?

 

7: The devs at Fallen Tree Games have added new trophies for American Fugitive. That game was complete arse and I will pay anyone in biscuits to go around to FTG studio and punch them all in their stupid, trophy adding after a year, pieces of shit, balls. 

1. Yep, that's right. I remember that I had to fight every coliseum enemy though, don't remember if that was a separate trophy or if it was part of Minigame Master.

2. Aim for triple 20, push the right analog back only enough for Kiryu to raise his hand then push it forward. If you do this right you'll hit triple 20, if not you'll probably hit bullseye (which is not bad)

3. RE7 will be turn-based >:(

4. I don't remember much about it, but as someone who sucks at poker and don't know the basics I didn't have much problem with it. I think that your losses don't deduce from your earnings in the same game like Kiwami.

5. Boxcelios is actually really easy, just move into the enemies (literally) to shoot their core.

6. You have to finish them, but don't have to get S ranks

7. Can't really say anything about that lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

1. Yep, that's right. I remember that I had to fight every coliseum enemy though, don't remember if that was a separate trophy or if it was part of Minigame Master.

2. Aim for triple 20, push the right analog back only enough for Kiryu to raise his hand then push it forward. If you do this right you'll hit triple 20, if not you'll probably hit bullseye (which is not bad)

3. RE7 will be turn-based >:(

4. I don't remember much about it, but as someone who sucks at poker and don't know the basics I didn't have much problem with it. I think that your losses don't deduce from your earnings in the same game like Kiwami.

5. Boxcelios is actually really easy, just move into the enemies (literally) to shoot their core.

6. You have to finish them, but don't have to get S ranks

7. Can't really say anything about that lol

Wisdom covered in KFC gravy with biscuits for desert. Cheers man. 

 

Because this game was so poor I am actually considering not continuing the series. Not just mechanics and gameplay, but everything about Yakuza 3 was just dog shit. Gonna aim for the 100% and then cut my loses. 

 

I sort of get why they rely on RNG and shit so much. SP games need to keep you glued to them until the next game in the series is released, and no matter how shit this game is, the content available even outside of the trophy list is staggering. But they also need to lighten up a touch and realise its a f**king game. Going into Uber-Ginger mode.... must... stop...but... finding... it... hard... not too.... GAH!

 

I thought I had the hang of darts but its just too random. I keep mentioning how great the mini-games were in Zero, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 and even though I know they were remakes and released years after this game, its still hard to not compare. The devs wanted all games out on one format for the first time ever, but wow has it suffered for it. I could have been happy as f**k waiting a year or 2 for Yakuza 3 to be remade properly even if it was released on PS5. End of the day we want great games to play, not a mass of shit just because its all on one system. 

 

As for Yakuza 7. I just don't understand why they called it Y7 and not some spin-off title. The franchise has been going so long that changing the formula of the series could seriously and financially kick them in the balls. I get why they felt like a change, they've used the same cities, same characters, even the same f**king suits since the first Yakuza game, but they only have their own creative limitations to blame for that. Thankfully though the main saga ends at Y6 and so its down to gamers if they want to enjoy a fresh change within the same franchise. Personally I thought it looked total shite. Perhaps they should have done what they're doing with FF7 and added new combat mechanics and then the turn based for the older fans and alike, but again I don't think this dev team has that kind of skill or budget.... plus being in SEGA's back pocket is a bad enough. 

 

Been trying to get more toys from the grab machine but wow is it frustrating. The huge toys are near impossible to get. 

 

As for poker. If you win 700 in your first game and quit out your stats will say 700/10000k. Then play another game and win 650, the stats won't change to 1300 as it wants you to get 100000k in one sitting. This is whats dog shit about it. The mini games should be there for a break from the norm, but the strict requirements make a balls of it. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.