DaveMcDamage

Mini game requirements and other questions

73 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Because this game was so poor I am actually considering not continuing the series. Not just mechanics and gameplay, but everything about Yakuza 3 was just dog shit. Gonna aim for the 100% and then cut my loses. 

Well, you've already bought the whole collection for $60. I can tell you that Yakuza 4 is waaaay easier than this, you don't need to even look at the completion list for the plat.

 

Can't say the same about 5 though, that one is just like 0/Kiwami where you need to do everything (and that completion list includes even all heat actions lol).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

Well, you've already bought the whole collection for $60. I can tell you that Yakuza 4 is waaaay easier than this, you don't need to even look at the completion list for the plat.

 

Can't say the same about 5 though, that one is just like 0/Kiwami where you need to do everything (and that completion list includes even all heat actions lol).

Oh its not the actual difficulty that puts me off, its because of how poorly made the game was that makes it difficult. Basically due to shit mechanics and stuff. Its no doubt why they did a reboot in the first place in hopes that a better built game would sell in the west much better, but then got sloppy after Kiwami 2. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Oh its not the actual difficulty that puts me off, its because of how poorly made the game was that makes it difficult. Basically due to shit mechanics and stuff. Its no doubt why they did a reboot in the first place in hopes that a better built game would sell in the west much better, but then got sloppy after Kiwami 2. 

Not sure if it'll convince you to try it out, but 4 actually improves alot over 3, and 5 actually uses the same engine as 0 so they are really similar.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

Not sure if it'll convince you to try it out, but 4 actually improves alot over 3, and 5 actually uses the same engine as 0 so they are really similar.

I think its just the shitness/shock of Yakuza 3 being so bad that has hit me hard mate. At the very least I will try the stories out on my none completion account. Dunno yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a cheat item for Poker (use it for the last card, a good flop also helps your opponents).

At least you don't need to go out with 10k chips more. If you win 1000 at the first round, then lose 2000 and win 1000 you'll have 2000 for this requirement, as losts don't count in Y3. So it's just a matter of time. I did it after winning some chips in Roulette (0 jewel).

Edited by xXK-oZXx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, xXK-oZXx said:

There is a cheat item for Poker (use it for the last card, a good flop also helps your opponents).

At least you don't need to go out with 10k chips more. If you win 1000 at the first round, then lose 2000 and win 1000 you'll have 2000 for this requirement, as losts don't count in Y3. So it's just a matter of time. I did it after winning some chips in Roulette (0 jewel).

Are you super sure because when I won 700 and then quit out and won 650 it still only said 700 in the stats screen. I could have nailed this ages ago when winning 6k and then quitting because I never got to 10k in one sitting, 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Are you super sure because when I won 700 and then quit out and won 650 it still only said 700 in the stats screen. I could have nailed this ages ago when winning 6k and then quitting because I never got to 10k in one sitting, 

You need to get 10k in one sitting, but you can lose points and they won't be deducted from your earnings.

 

From Gamefaqs:

Quote

Now to the subject of getting chips. You must win the requisite 10,000 chips in a single session, which I would strongly recommend being high stakes. The 10,000, however, doesn't factor in losses, so if you gain 2000, lose 1000, then gain 3000, that's 5000 right there so far in the session. I would suggest grabbing a calculator or a notepad to keep track of your winnings.

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/239455-yakuza-3-remaster/faqs/77723/poker

Edited by kanzenchaos
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.

 

So after a few days of deleting Yakuza 3 I then realised after a couple more days that I had nothing else to play. Also I was getting too happy and thats just not the kind of person I am. 

 

With that moment of genius I then decided to re-download the game and I have to say, I've been a consistent level of misery ever since..... Ha!

 

Anyway. I got all the pool games done. Actually beat expert way faster than what it took to beat advanced. Got all the fluffy toys which was nice. Caught 2 fish and did all the Japanese card games as well as the casino stuff. 

 

So I still have the expert guy to beat at darts in Kamur and the shooting game at the arcade, oh and the rest of the fish... and golf... as well as baseball on ex-hard.

 

But what is really kicking my arse is Mahjong. I used to love this mini-game but like everything in Yakuza 3 it makes you hate it for the requirements you have to get. I can never get that last tile for the trophy and I got 47k and then lost to 40k which super pissed me off. But before I go for the 50k I really just want to get that Mahjong single hidden tile out of the way, its a crap way to even play the mode but its sooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.

 

Any advice from you guys?

 

Also making a call out to Grandmaster Mahjong @barticle for this one. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi DMD. I'm reluctant to help you to the mahjong trophy if it will spoil the misery you're enjoying!

 

1) A winning hand always needs at least one combination. The easiest is All Simples where all tiles are numbers between 2 and 8 inclusive - no 1s, 9s, winds or dragons. You must have the Kuitan rule active for this combo to be valid with stolen tiles.

 

The other good one is a triplet of three identical scoring tiles - red dragon, white drag, green drag, the round wind (shown in the centre) or seat wind (shown by your name). If you get a pair of these near the start you can usually steal the third to complete the set. The other three sets and the pair can be anything.

 

2) Efficiency can improve your chances of being able to steal tiles. Try to get groups of two consecutive tiles in the same suit like 23, 45, 67, etc. Each can make a sequence set with two types of tile and there are up to four copies of each available.

 

3) Once you have your four open sets and you're left with one tile to match for your pair, remember you can switch out that tile for a better one on any turn.

  • Check how many of that tile are already on the table and unavailable.
  • Winds, dragons, 1s and 9s are less useful so more likely to be discarded - but no good for All Simples of course. Next best are 2s and 8s.
  • Don't keep a tile if you've already discarded one of the same. (you won't be able to win by Ron)
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, barticle said:

Hi DMD. I'm reluctant to help you to the mahjong trophy if it will spoil the misery you're enjoying!

 

 

Mwahahahar! Awesome!

 

Yeah I'm by no means the best Mahjong player. When playing properly I tend to stick to blind doubles, triples, half/full straights. So this stealing s**t is tough. I have gotten down to the last tile a few times, just never got the final tile to match to steal. Will keep at it to keep the misery flowing strong. Cheers man. 

 

EDIT

 

Well this morning I finished the darts and actually unlocked 'Exposed Dragon' trophy. I did want to post the pic but I don't know how to do that. 

 

EDIT

 

@barticle

I was confident in that once I got the exposed dragon trophy out of the way and could get back to playing Mahjong properly, that I would indeed enjoy going for the 50K. On the first attempt I was fortunate to get some great tiles and won the game at 54K before the bonus. 

 

Also got the Shogi stuff done so now all I have in the way of mini games is ex-mode baseball, golf, fishing and that damn shooter. 

 

Also did some of the ultimate match stuff and saved at stage 7 of the melee group.

 

 

EDIT

 

I'll be a monkeys scrotum if I can't catch this damn Tuna. Closest I got was reeling it in within 67m. As for golf. Got to the 9th with 4 under but that final hole always screws me over and I end up with a bogey. Shooting game hates me. I always get forty-frikkin-seven and then run out of time.

 

 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good job on completing the mahjong and other bits.

 

Minigame Master was always a tough nut to crack, even with mahjong and shogi cut on PS3 in the West.

 

Hopefully your plat rate will be restored soon...!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said:

-For Boxcelios, go the the right side at the start of each round, so hitting the weak point mostly gets very easy (could redo that in Yakuza 4)

-For the Golf Minigame I guess you don't need advices, when you are able to do -4 on the 8th hole

-Baseball is a lot about focussing, just stay calm and you will manage it sooner or later. I put the Controller on my lap, so I could stay on the target with 2-3 fingers, while my right hand just has to press the X (pardon, Cross) Button. At least you should steadily learn the velocities, to improve your timing (muscle memory)

You'll at least have to hit 17 of 20 balls, If you get both bonus targets.

-Can't give tips for fishing, because I did it recently in 4  (and Red Dead Redemption 2) and it's somehow different there, but just keep on it. I just remember, that the Tuna/Marlin was a hell of an endurance battle xD

 

And look forward to Yakuza 4. I'm only missing the Ultimates for platinum, but until now it's relatively easy and it's mostly enough to simply play the minigames there ;)

Edited by xXK-oZXx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 6:31 PM, xXK-oZXx said:

Like I said:

-For Boxcelios, go the the right side at the start of each round, so hitting the weak point mostly gets very easy (could redo that in Yakuza 4)

-For the Golf Minigame I guess you don't need advices, when you are able to do -4 on the 8th hole

-Baseball is a lot about focussing, just stay calm and you will manage it sooner or later. I put the Controller on my lap, so I could stay on the target with 2-3 fingers, while my right hand just has to press the X (pardon, Cross) Button. At least you should steadily learn the velocities, to improve your timing (muscle memory)

You'll at least have to hit 17 of 20 balls, If you get both bonus targets.

-Can't give tips for fishing, because I did it recently in 4  (and Red Dead Redemption 2) and it's somehow different there, but just keep on it. I just remember, that the Tuna/Marlin was a hell of an endurance battle xD

 

And look forward to Yakuza 4. I'm only missing the Ultimates for platinum, but until now it's relatively easy and it's mostly enough to simply play the minigames there ;)

Yeah I got the Tuna. Used slack whenever it turned and then reeled. Took just under 4 minutes. Still intense though. I miss the days of Zero when you could catch a great white shark with a f**king stick and some string :D

 

Yeah baseball I just have trouble with the sinkers. But I should do it if I don't let it piss me off. Golf all depends on how the wind will screw you over. 

 

But for that shooting game, I can never seem to move further than the center of the screen. Again though, I am close so will do it eventually. Would be nice to get the platinum but before the year ends. 

 

EDIT

 

Just had 12 goes at golf but couldn't even get anywhere near under par or even past the first couple of holes. The wind mechanic is totally broke. Slow down hill on the green, fast up hill?!?!?!?!?!

 

But then I read something interesting about the remasters. It seems because its in 60fps, this could indeed be why so many mini-games have issues when compared to the tried and tested 30fps versions. 

 

EDIT

 

Got the golf done and finally got an eagle on the 9th and finished with 9 under. Had some more goes at the box shooter but again no more than 40+. Looked at some vids and everyone that uploads a vid does so using a rapid fire trigger by the looks of it. Gah! Moving right also makes no difference as all it does is push the enemy off screen. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got the box shooter done. Could never do better than 47 but on my first go today I just got 79. Just baseball left. 

 

Had 3 goes but no better than 1300. The sinkers wreck me every time. 

 

EDIT

 

Still can't do baseball. Decided to do some of the ultimate matches. Got all the melee stuff done. Did some of the individual boss battles but cannot progress pass Kazama's twin brother. Did some of the random challenges but didn't know how to do the short sword dual attack thing on the movie set. Did tag matches but beat by the two gun bosses in the arena... well my tag partner did. Then had a go at the ultimate boss battles but quit out when reaching the twin brother again. 

 

I'll be gosh darned if this isn't the worst gaming experience I've had this generation. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21.12.2019 at 9:41 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

Finally got the box shooter done. Could never do better than 47 but on my first go today I just got 79. Just baseball left. 

 

Had 3 goes but no better than 1300. The sinkers wreck me every time. 

 

EDIT

 

Still can't do baseball. Decided to do some of the ultimate matches. Got all the melee stuff done. Did some of the individual boss battles but cannot progress pass Kazama's twin brother. Did some of the random challenges but didn't know how to do the short sword dual attack thing on the movie set. Did tag matches but beat by the two gun bosses in the arena... well my tag partner did. Then had a go at the ultimate boss battles but quit out when reaching the twin brother again. 

 

I'll be gosh darned if this isn't the worst gaming experience I've had this generation. 

There is a good tactic for Kazamas Twin at Gamefaq. Important in 3 is, to play passive. Hold R2 when in safety, especially when he change his stance (where he counter-throw you). With that you don't get the S rank, but if you just want to finish it, it's enough. Also Lauka Long should be done in a passive way (at least one of his 3 forms, when I remember correct). But the hardest boss is Komaki (last boss of Ultimate 4 I guess). I avoided his attacks for maybe 10 minutes, while in critical state. Healing (L3+R3) from time to time and the Komaki Tumbler (double X to roll toward your opponent, then triangle) helped a lot. But I guess it's also high risk, rolling into a combo could finish you.

For help on the heat actions, look in the menu, they are all listed there with conditions (but sometimes it's hard to understand the exact conditions, if english isn't your mother tongue, at least it was for me).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, xXK-oZXx said:

There is a good tactic for Kazamas Twin at Gamefaq. Important in 3 is, to play passive. Hold R2 when in safety, especially when he change his stance (where he counter-throw you). With that you don't get the S rank, but if you just want to finish it, it's enough. Also Lauka Long should be done in a passive way (at least one of his 3 forms, when I remember correct). But the hardest boss is Komaki (last boss of Ultimate 4 I guess). I avoided his attacks for maybe 10 minutes, while in critical state. Healing (L3+R3) from time to time and the Komaki Tumbler (double X to roll toward your opponent, then triangle) helped a lot. But I guess it's also high risk, rolling into a combo could finish you.

For help on the heat actions, look in the menu, they are all listed there with conditions (but sometimes it's hard to understand the exact conditions, if english isn't your mother tongue, at least it was for me).

At the moment I am more concerned with baseball. Also on stage 8 of the challenge matches I cannot do the one where you have to beat all guys in red. No matter if I am in the clear or not, the mechanics cause you to spin around and go hit someone else, mostly the guys in black. Its truly tiresome now so I'm fucking the game off and gonna go do something else. Not the time of year you want to be stressing over a badly made game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to call it a day on the game gents. I'd like to say its been awesome but in truth its been total wank from the moment I pressed start on the main menu.

 

But frustrations and my shit gaming skills aside, its not so much just the game why I am calling it a day, but what happened earlier. 

 

You see *sits on a stool and strums on a banjo* it all happened a few hours ago. I was going through my daily routine of sucking at the batting cage mini-game, getting no where on the ultimate matches, hit a wall with heat moves, then finished with one final go at the batting cage. I was hitting everything and finally thought I was going to nail it, even got the bonus board and still hadn't missed a hit. Then the slow sinkers and fast curves came and I missed a few. Ended the game with a score of 1720. Needless to say I was f**king fuming. Rage quit the game and then went full retard, 

 

You see *replaces the banjo with a harp* in all my years of being a shit gamer, I have never once broke something. Sure I've put down the joypad harshly and then swore at the TV until I s**t my pants, but never once have I thrown anything or broke anything in rage, because I like to think of myself as a pussy bitch but who holds value to his belongings. But all that changed when I left the living room. I went to turn on the light switch in the bedroom as to have a quick vape before taking a rage nap, but then the worst thing imaginable happened... I missed the light switch. 

 

Now if it was just the average day filled with self-loathing and despair I could have handled that... but not today. Not after getting 17-f**king-20 points on that pile of s**t mother f**ker of a game. No, instead of just trying to switch the light on again, I punched the light switch, breaking it to pieces and then dropping to the floor and yelling 'NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU F**KING TOOL" 80's style. 

 

Now as an older gamer who works his arse off to keep a roof over his head and have the odd financial treat, it saddens me that I let myself get into a state where I actually punched a f**king light socket. Not only cannot I not repair it now until boxing day, but I could have electrocuted myself in a moment of pure pussy bitched arse-ness. 

 

So its time to call it a day on this pile of shit game, but also gaming for a while.  80% shit gaming mixed with 20% ginger pussy bitchness was never going to go down well, but for me and this moment of stupidity its time to stop. 

 

Chow fellas and all the best for 2020 to you all, you've all been awesome as f**k. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2019 at 11:11 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

At the moment I am more concerned with baseball. Also on stage 8 of the challenge matches I cannot do the one where you have to beat all guys in red. No matter if I am in the clear or not, the mechanics cause you to spin around and go hit someone else, mostly the guys in black. Its truly tiresome now so I'm fucking the game off and gonna go do something else. Not the time of year you want to be stressing over a badly made game.

 

Don't give up yet man! Been a while since I played but if I recall on baseball on hard doesn't your cursor get removed? Now what I did was drape a piece of small string down my TV and taped it to the top of the TV with the bottom part a small circular bit of ring, this was so I knew exactly where the target was. Obviously I'd play it on medium or easy first to see where the cursor was.

 

I do remember the red guys, if I recall you have absolutely no health and you die in one hit? I think that was it. What you need to do is immediately run up to the nearest guy and throw him into other guys, therefore knocking two to three guys over at once and then quickly kill the guys that are still stood up. If I recall they have different health bars so what you need to do if take them down in order of lowest health. What I did was stay away, don't go for attacks, go for throws, that way you can hit them with a few punches and then thrown down, hit them on the floor.

 

The rage quitter for me though is the stage afterwards stage 9, you have a coop partner with 1mm of health, he fight in his underpants, basically you have to throw all the enemies to the floor and avoid him getting hit since he dies in one hit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Im not exactly understanding the requirements for the "Exposed Dragon" Trophy.

 

Looking up videos and searching the web it seems like you have to have build four groups of either chi, pon, kan avoiding 1,9 (except for pon and kan)
And after that you need to win the game with a pair by either stealing or drawing it.

Im pretty sure i had fullfied the requirements a couple times now but none of them tries i could go out with Tsumo.

 

I uploaded a screenshot, maybe someone can explain me what am i missing here ? Exposed Dragon Screenshot
My settings are Half Game, Kutain ON, Two Han OFF, Dora ON. 

 

Edited by KingTom95
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tom. In Japanese mahjong you always need a complete hand with at least one valid combination to declare a winning hand.

 

A complete hand is usually four sets (sequences or triplets/quads) and one pair - or seven different pairs but that's no good for this trophy.

 

The requirement for the trophy is that you win a hand where all four sets were completed by stealing a discard tile from an opponent - using Chii/Chow calls to make a sequence set or Pon/Pung calls to make a triplet set (or Kan/Kong calls to steal a tile to make a quad set). Sets made by stealing are "exposed" on the table.

 

One easy way to guarantee a combination is to have a complete hand with no ones, nines, dragons or winds (this is only valid in a hand with stolen tiles when the Kuitan rule is ON so you have that correct).

 

In your pic you had a complete hand with four exposed sets but the first set was made of nines. You had no valid combination so you couldn't declare a winning hand.

 

(Another easy combination to use is one triplet set of three identical value tiles - red dragons, green dragons, white dragons, your seat wind (north in pic) or the current round wind (east in pic). If you draw an early pair of any of these, you can usually steal the third tile to complete the set, then the rest of the hand can be any sets/pair.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.