Suggestion: One forum for all stacks of a game

Sergen

I can't speak for Sly or the staff here, but I'm guessing the main reason that won't happen is that it'd be a lot of manual legwork.  Both possibly to retro-fix all the existing subforums but to get it working going forward.

I believe the site currently automatically creates subforums for games as the tracker picks up new games and new trophy lists.  Unless there's something in the backend to connect each game in a "stack" that Sly could use to systemically tell what games go together... then someone would need to keep an eye on it and catch/fix it for everything that gets added.  Which would probably be a massive undertaking.

EDIT: Of course, if I'm wrong about all that, then I agree with the idea in general. :)

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Kinda like the Series feature?

Haven't really dipped my toes into the features of this site in a while, but from what I'm seeing yes... similar to that.  One difference likely being that I'm sure the "Series feature" is fairly limited in scope (ie. focusing on Playstation exclusives, high profile franchises, etc... moreso at the staff's discretion) and not every game and every region that comes with it.  And has no systemic implications on the forums like moving posts, merging threads, etc.  It'd definitely be on a much larger scale effort-wise than simple groupings of games on just one side of the site.

And it'd probably be a project that would never really end as the endless stream of games and regions get added to the tracker and subforums get automatically set up for them and need to be fixed.

EDIT: But I am just speculating based on how things look to me, of course.  Maybe it actually wouldn't be that complicated, or maybe it's something the staff are willing to maintain.  Or maybe there are different reasons it hasn't happened yet.

Edited by Dreakon13

19 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I can't speak for Sly or the staff here, but I'm guessing the main reason that won't happen is that it'd be a lot of manual legwork.  Both possibly to retro-fix all the existing subforums but to get it working going forward.

Probably. But it cannot be more work than merging all the copy-pasted "video guide" spam threads popping up in each of the different 6 stack forums whenever a Ratalaika game comes out ?

20 hours ago, Sergen said:

If possible, I would like to see every forum merged together for all stacks of a game [ ... ] Either way, I'd like to know people's opinion of this and the feasibility of this suggestion being implemented. It has been done with trophy guides, so I don't see why it can't be done for the forum of the game.

I 100% would support this. Having to check two or three forums for the same game only because it has separate NA / EU / AS stacks is tedious. I have argued in favor of this feature before, but was always told that it's too much work and whatnot. 

I'd still like to see it happen though. 

• Like 1