Diablo IV - Online Only

Vive_ut_vivas

Gimme a break! It's a live game, it won't change. You can play it solo but it'll stay always-online.

4 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

Im sure it comes earlier

This isn't a place for jokes :(

8 minutes ago, Parker said:

Good luck. Blizzard haven't exactly been making good decisions lately so maybe if there is enough backlash they'll do something about it. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Diablo 3 online only on PC but offline on console? Is there a chance that is the case with Diablo 4?

Yup, and in fact the console version was full of cheaters! It'll be online on all platforms, 100% guaranteed.

Edited by Lance_87

4 minutes ago, Vive_ut_vivas said:

No we don`t, but a game in single player should be capable to be played offline.

It is my opninion wheter you agree or not is up to you.

The best case would be to add at least the possibility of offline play.

Okay, I agree with you.

2 minutes ago, smiegelfleegel said:

You guys are missing the point...

Playing offline coop will prevent local friends and couples from buying this game. Offline coop doesn't require 2 consoles, 2 games to be purchased, as well as access to PS+ on both consoles in order to play online. Too expensive !!

True to that...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

Don't you guys have Internet 1f60f.png

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for don't you guys have phones

I’m afraid that’s not the point, though I could ask whether you never, ever suffer any connection issue. The point is that when you invest 70€/$ in a game, you should be able to use it as you see fit.

21 minutes ago, smiegelfleegel said:

Playing offline coop will prevent local friends and couples from buying this game. Offline coop doesn't require 2 consoles, 2 games to be purchased, as well as access to PS+ on both consoles in order to play online. Too expensive !!

Indeed...

50 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

Guess ppl should stop using burger king net, its strange every day r new diablo 4 news. Its strange for a "2021-2022" release date. Im sure it comes earlier, perhaps on ps 5 release or few months later after the ps 5.

I honestly doubt it is even a 2022 release I feel like they whipped the trailer up super quick for blizzcon after the disaster they had the year before.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

I’m afraid that’s not the point, though I could ask whether you never, ever suffer any connection issue. The point is that when you invest 70€/$ in a game, you should be able to use it as you see fit.

Just so you know, he was making a joke reference to Diablo Immortal....not being literal!

For the reference, try googling ‘Diablo Immortal Don’t you guys have phones?’    

Edited by ZenRhino
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, ZenRhino said:

Just so you know, he was making a joke reference to Diablo Immortal....not being literal!

For the reference, try googling ‘Diablo Immortal Don’t you guys have phones?’    

Ah OK, sorry I definitely missed that one - thanks ? 

• Like 2

Diablo is a series I once loved but I've given up any hope of anything great from it ever again, so I'm cool with never ever buying this game whenever it comes out. My backlog is large enough to last me at least a decade so I'm going to be too busy to buy yet another LiVe SeRvIcE game

• Like 3

The issue this faces is the fact that the servers for the game will inevitably shut in the future, then you'll be left with nothing to do on it after that happens. Although the servers for the game will probably last 5-10 years when it does come out, I still feel like an offline mode should be an option for games that have content that can be done completely solo. I'm guessing the reason they've made the game online only is because on Diablo III, people can mod gear that can make themselves invincible and kill things in 1 hit, I don't think they want that to become a big thing on Diablo IV. Either way, I didn't like Diablo III at all, the whole idea of grinding gear to then use that gear to grind even more gear is boring to me, so I don't see myself buying Diablo IV any time within the release period.

21 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The issue this faces is the fact that the servers for the game will inevitably shut in the future, then you'll be left with nothing to do on it after that happens. Although the servers for the game will probably last 5-10 years when it does come out, I still feel like an offline mode should be an option for games that have content that can be done completely solo. I'm guessing the reason they've made the game online only is because on Diablo III, people can mod gear that can make themselves invincible and kill things in 1 hit, I don't think they want that to become a big thing on Diablo IV. Either way, I didn't like Diablo III at all, the whole idea of grinding gear to then use that gear to grind even more gear is boring to me, so I don't see myself buying Diablo IV any time within the release period.

Blizzard games PC on never shut down though... shutting down D4 in its current state would mean erasing it from history, like a Darkspore or a generic MMO.

Edited by Lance_87