Diablo IV - Online Only

Vive_ut_vivas

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Never say never, it is always a possibility and if that day comes, people will have paid to experience a title screen.

Well, who knows, Diablo 1 is playable online since 1996. I'm quite sure Warcraft II is even older and is still playable online.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:41 AM, Sergen said:

The issue this faces is the fact that the servers for the game will inevitably shut in the future, then you'll be left with nothing to do on it after that happens. Although the servers for the game will probably last 5-10 years when it does come out, I still feel like an offline mode should be an option for games that have content that can be done completely solo. I'm guessing the reason they've made the game online only is because on Diablo III, people can mod gear that can make themselves invincible and kill things in 1 hit, I don't think they want that to become a big thing on Diablo IV. Either way, I didn't like Diablo III at all, the whole idea of grinding gear to then use that gear to grind even more gear is boring to me, so I don't see myself buying Diablo IV any time within the release period.

Diablo II was Blizzard's peak in terms of creativity.

They have been shit even since Activision took over. I think earlier this year in February Blizzard had a massive layoff. I don't think anybody really knows what went down, but it was definitely a sign something was up.

As far as online? Blizzard has been online focused for a decade now. Starcraft II when that came out in 2010 was focused mostly on the online. They encouraged players to play Diablo III online.

Not surprised their next Diablo game will be online only. But there's no possible alternative after the online servers shut, which is why I despise companies that do this.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

I refuse to buy any games that require a persistent online connection on principle. Making a change(dot)org petition is gonna do nothing at all. I'll just live without this game.

diablo is an online game. I don't care for it much anymore but if it's good I will buy it on PC. These types of games can easily be compromised if an online connection isnt persistent. If you look at diablo 3 on ps3 and 360 and the ps4 and xbox 1 versions you'll see how many modded items there are + the item duping etc.

13 hours ago, Kal-El457 said:

diablo is an online game. I don't care for it much anymore but if it's good I will buy it on PC. These types of games can easily be compromised if an online connection isnt persistent. If you look at diablo 3 on ps3 and 360 and the ps4 and xbox 1 versions you'll see how many modded items there are + the item duping etc.

It's not that I want to be able to take advantage of duping or modding, and I don't. For me it's just about the reliance on that online connection to even function. I don't like the idea of it for any reason. Server outages happen and it kills preservation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, communistwookiee said:

It's not that I want to be able to take advantage of duping or modding, and I don't. For me it's just about the reliance on that online connection to even function. I don't like the idea of it for any reason. Server outages happen and it kills preservation.

post day 1 launches, that usually never happens. Blizzard games are always online, it won't change. I never understand why people have problems with games like this being online only. They really arent even meant to be played alone so. If a game designed like the last of us or spiderman required an online connection i'd be on board but even then..my ps4 is never ever not connected so it would never affect me and most gamers these days. 

18 minutes ago, Kal-El457 said:

post day 1 launches, that usually never happens. Blizzard games are always online, it won't change. I never understand why people have problems with games like this being online only. They really arent even meant to be played alone so. If a game designed like the last of us or spiderman required an online connection i'd be on board but even then..my ps4 is never ever not connected so it would never affect me and most gamers these days. 

Well your internet is excellent judging on your screen. Mine is 200mbps up and down but with 15 ms ping latency nearly always. You really notice this in an online game.

That is one of the examples why I like to run a single player game, when playing online in a game it should be a choiche.

I dont mind coop I like Borderlands for instance or Battlefield, Killzone MP etc.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this is the age of gaming we live in... ?

I think what bugs me the most is that these online-only games (even ones that are single player) always seem to have server/connection problems so you can't even play the game. 

Companies demand us to always be online, yet they can't even keep their own servers online! ???

On 11/7/2019 at 11:56 AM, Vive_ut_vivas said:

No we don`t, but a game in single player should be capable to be played offline.

So this always-online requirement is even on console. Sorry Blizzard, I'm out.

Why not allow players to create characters for either local or online play? Just lock local characters out of online mode, so you'd need to create separate ones for local and online. That way those who don't care about MP don't have to worry about it. Also, the real money auction house, which was thankfully done away with, needs to never come back.

Your internet connection may be good, but that doesn't guarantee that it won't drop during a game. Stuff happens.

We are sorry that we banned someone and gave piss poor sorries to them and not even do anything to shorten the ban, but hey. Here is Diablo 4 online only. *Hears boos from fans and everyone* What? Don't you have internet? I mean our last diablo game was a big hit on day one and that was always online you remember right? *Flash back to 2012 on the day of everyone getting to play Diablo 3*

Edited by KANERKB

Just now, Dumbgud said:

Online only or not I will love it. I cant even tell you how many hour I put into 3 and RoS. Plus it will prevent asshats with modded weapons ruining the game 

This is Diablo and this is blizzard. they will have modded weapons and so on in it due to hackers being able to do this and they don't care never have. I mean it does not ruin my time that there is modded weapons either. it does not ruin your time or mine as if you want to take the weapons it is up to you no one is putting a gun to your head and saying you should.

2 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

This is Diablo and this is blizzard. they will have modded weapons and so on in it due to hackers being able to do this and they don't care never have. I mean it does not ruin my time that there is modded weapons either. it does not ruin your time or mine as if you want to take the weapons it is up to you no one is putting a gun to your head and saying you should.

Im saying it ruins it by people bragging about doing things they wouldnt otherwise be able to do. Its nice to have open public lobbies to meet new people when running through rifts, but not fun when everyone who joins is using modded gear. This isnt a problem on PC, but is on consoles. 

Edited by Dumbgud

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:30 AM, Spaz said:

Diablo II was Blizzard's peak in terms of creativity.

They have been shit even since Activision took over. I think earlier this year in February Blizzard had a massive layoff. I don't think anybody really knows what went down, but it was definitely a sign something was up.

As far as online? Blizzard has been online focused for a decade now. Starcraft II when that came out in 2010 was focused mostly on the online. They encouraged players to play Diablo III online.

Not surprised their next Diablo game will be online only. But there's no possible alternative after the online servers shut, which is why I despise companies that do this.

plus you remember error 37 floating about on the day of the games first day of coming out? It was near levels of fallout 76 bad but that game is far worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dumbgud said:

Im saying it ruins it by people bragging about doing things they wouldnt otherwise be able to do. Its nice to have open public lobbies to meet new people when running through rifts, but not fun when everyone who joins is using modded gear. This isnt a problem on PC, but is on consoles. 

that maybe true but if you have proof it is lies you can call them out on it and walk away from a lier and anyways who brags about doing things in a diablo game? I mean I beaten all the games so far and went to all the hidden places and beaten the hidden bosses in them all, you don't see me brag about it

Just now, KANERKB said:

that maybe true but if you have proof it is lies you can call them out on it and walk away from a lier and anyways who brags about doing things in a diablo game? I mean I beaten all the games so far and went to all the hidden places and beaten the hidden bosses in them all, you don't see me brag about it

When someone joins your Greater Rift game while you are taking your time, they get off to being able to run around faster than light killing every enemy on the screen with the push of a button.

3 minutes ago, Dumbgud said:

When someone joins your Greater Rift game while you are taking your time, they get off to being able to run around faster than light killing every enemy on the screen with the push of a button.

That never happen to me as I set it to private and only let others join me by invite only. I hardly think they would do that in the new one due to only online kind of deal but yeah. Not saying that does not happen just saying if that happens leave and make it private and play with someone else. I played most of all the diablo games by myself only ever went to having others with me if I knew them. there was modded weapons in 2 and 3 sure but it never messed with me. only care if it effects the whole game like the hackers done to me on cod world at war.

Edited by KANERKB