Civilization VI trophy thoughts

Got all achievements on pc. Difficulty trophies can be manipulated so it's not a problem.

The main issues will be Luftballons, pizza party or the origin of species.

When you go for it, you dont actually play the game, you just brute force the trophy with a special setup. 

If we can cheat and reveal the map on console, it would be annoying but doable.

If we can't cheat, some of those challenges will imply lots of restart and countless hours wasted.

40 minutes ago, realm722 said:

I am so hyped for this!!! Always wanted to play a Civ game. Curious for experienced Civ players though, is playing on Civ difficulty Deity a legit challenge or can that be manipulated?

Civ games are awesome and I'm looking forward to playing VI on the PS4. As for Deity, the AI has a huge advantage at the start. They start with more military units and more Tech/Civic progress. Perhaps strongest of all advantages is the fact that they start with 3 settlers, instead of one, as well as 2 builders, instead of none. They also receive bonuses to pretty much every aspect of the game. That said, it's very much doable. I'd recommend a youtuber called quill18. He does a lot of Deity playthroughs on PC and makes it look easy.

There are many ways to beat Deity but one of the most common tips I've seen is to play aggressive at the beginning and try to capture one or a couple of their advanced cities before they build walls. Personally I'm gonna try to go for a Culture/Science victory as Sweden as they seem to be really strong for that playstyle. Good luck!

DLC trophies were pretty much guaranteed considering it launches alongside the two major expansions.

• Like 2

Ugh, so the DLCs will have trophies... I would have gotten the game day one since i lvoe the civilization series but i don't want to spend 50+ € on the main game and then even 30 € on the DLCs,they could have made a complete edition right away or at least even just as a middle one Costin 70 €....

Guess i'll wait a sale.

Oh sweet, this version has online multiplayer? I figured it was going to be singleplayer only like the Switch version. That's great! Now I just have to convince a friend of mine to get the game too... *wink* *wink* @Redgrave :ninja:

There are quite a few trophies that require you to have a specific setup and/or get lucky. That's fine by me. I see myself playing this game for a long time. :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

So your problem is to much content? This is why I hate trophy hunting. Just play the game, get the dlc in the sale. I'm gonna get the whole lot and hope for more dlc. I love civilization!

People have no understanding of value anymore. Civ is a game that demands hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of your time, it’s worth more than $60...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, g-bake_1986 said:

People have no understanding of value anymore. Civ is a game that demands hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of your time, it’s worth more than $60...

No it is not, really no game is worth 60$ when most today come out half finished and with a "season pass" that is 25% of game left out and sold back to us for $30.

Civ 6 came out in 2016, and they want 60 bucks, plus another 45 for the 1st expansion?!?

Yawn, wait a year and get complete edition, and let it drop to reality, sale price $29.

• Like 2

You guys are better off playing it on PC.

Strategy games like this just don't work too well on a controller. Having a keyboard and mouse gives you so much more in terms of customization options and abilities. That's just the way these games were designed.

For gaming consoles they have to be stripped down and made more simplistic, which is usually a bad thing because Civilization games were all about the depth and strategy.

Those who purchase Civilization VI for PlayStation 4 will also receive as a bonus the following pieces of additional content:

• Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
  • Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack

^ that's taken from the playstation store listing. Judging from the names of the DLC packs it sounds like its included with purchase so why are you all upset about the DLC? I'm largely unfamiliar with Civilization games, this will be my first, so am i missing something?

These trophy names and descriptions have me in tears

Luftballons - Drop a nuke with a bomber launched from a base on the Nena continent with 9 Observation Balloons.

Pizza Party! - Activate Leonardo in New York City with a sewer and art from Michaelango and Donatello.

I missed whacky trophies/achievements, havent seen quality like this since early x360 days
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 3:18 AM, Terarded said:

Those who purchase Civilization VI for PlayStation 4 will also receive as a bonus the following pieces of additional content:

^ that's taken from the playstation store listing. Judging from the names of the DLC packs it sounds like its included with purchase so why are you all upset about the DLC? I'm largely unfamiliar with Civilization games, this will be my first, so am i missing something?

My guess is that the game has been out for a few years now and they pretty recently released the Platinum Edition on Steam which contains all the DLC and seeing as you need to buy the Rise and Fall/Gathering Storm expansion pack separately which costs almost as much as the game will just comes off as incredibly greedy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2019 at 3:18 AM, Terarded said:

According to the store listing you also get Australia, Poland, Persia and Macedon

On 11/8/2019 at 9:18 PM, Terarded said:

They aren't included on disc. You have to download them off the PS Store, but they are free.

• 6 months later...

I love these games. The trophy list for this game is very user friendly. None of them are overly difficult. The Pizza Party trophy is the lowest obtained trophy and even that one is pretty easy to get. There are several guides on how to obtain it. This is one of those games that you enjoy going after the platinum. I only remember a couple trophies that didn't trigger just from my multiple play through's.