Astray404's trophy shelf

Astray404

48 minutes ago, Copanele said:

That's some fine list,well done!

I got a question, for when you reach AC Chronicles : I wish to know how you feel about that trilogy after you beat it :) Especially since I see you completed lots of AC games.

Best of luck in your endeavour!

AC Chronicles will be my next game after I finish SoTTR. I watched several gameplay videos before, and I found although the story narration is not attracting, the gameplay is pretty solid. Hope I'll enjoy this game lol

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 5:00 PM, Copanele said:

That's some fine list,well done!

I got a question, for when you reach AC Chronicles : I wish to know how you feel about that trilogy after you beat it :) Especially since I see you completed lots of AC games.

Best of luck in your endeavour!

I've finished first 4 sequences of AC Chronicles China and I decided not to take my time on this trilogy.

TBH when talk about gameplay, I don't even think AC series are good and fun to play, especially due to their camera angles, weird platforming jumps/drops and "straightforward" 100% sync conditions. I personally think that AC Odyssey has the best gameplay because Ubisoft had removed plenty of platforming since Origins (finally Ubisoft realized that they just can't design a platforming system that players can control their characters without difficulty), and Odyssey has a better assassination indicator than Origins.

AC Chronicles has a much better gameplay than most other AC games, since there is no stupid camera angles (BECAUSE IT IS 2D!) and it's simple, but it's not flawless and the control issue could bother you for a long time. This is how those developers assign the buttons: Left and Right stick will move your character (of course); Up is for both climbing and doing actions like saving slaves, opening doors or hiding in a haystack; Down is for climbing down; dpad is for sub-weapons such as knifes and whistles. You cannot re-assign buttons. See? Here comes the problem:

1) If you want to interact with some objects while there are ladders (or a bridge leading to other platforms), you have to aim carefully because a wrong button input could ruin your score.

2) Sometimes you want to slide to the left but you mistakenly push the stick a lil bit to the up, so the character will climb up (and sometimes being caught by guards). Although this is a common issue for most 2D games, if I could re-assign buttons this could be totally solved, but this could be solved at the beginning if developers could design this game wisely. I could remember some old 2D Tomb Raider games on GBC and NDS, in which when Lara is grabbing the ledge, you press the B button to climb up and get on the platform. This could remove a lot of mis-input on the left analog stick.

I've watched lots of AVGN videos, and Mr. Nerd does criticize lots of stupid game designs in those 2D games decades ago. It is 2010s right now and we are almost hitting 2020, so there should be no more sh**ty controls in 2D games, right? Until I played this game. ?

• Like 1

I feel ya on this, many experienced that issue. I was curious on your input since I rarely see people playing this. 

Weirdly enough I quite enjoyed the trilogy just because I am forced to actually be an assassin compared to destroyer of worlds ezio the immortal. But yes apart from that the games were pretty pointless. 

9 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I feel ya on this, many experienced that issue. I was curious on your input since I rarely see people playing this. 

Weirdly enough I quite enjoyed the trilogy just because I am forced to actually be an assassin compared to destroyer of worlds ezio the immortal. But yes apart from that the games were pretty pointless. 

I found the stage design challenging but fun to play as assassin or shadow, but the stick issue frustrates me a lot, especially when I try to get the max score as shadow without killing any one except those gold guards. Maybe years later I could try this one more time lol.

• 3 months later...

It seems better to update and keep all my plat trophy thoughts and reviews in this thread than posting in a random status thread. :awesome:

#101 Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars

Difficulty: 4/10

As I said in one of my status thread, this is a psvita game that I started 5 years ago. It's a combination of visual novel and turn-based RPG. It is not that fun to play, maybe because I'm not that interested in RPG games (lol) or because of its roguelike maze design. Collecting all events are frustrating because I need to save/load a lot in order to get different versions of the same event. But overall it is not that hard.

I would recommend getting the max affinity level in the 1st playthrough and collecting all max-level events, and then doing a speedrun (about 6 hours) on the 2nd play through (all items, character levels and city levels will be saved) and get all other events that is relative to the affinity level. 

#102 Taiko no Tatsujin V Version

Difficulty: 3/10

Maybe because I've played many kinds of rhythm games like Beatmania (not the iidx one, that one's too hard ?), DDR, Project Diva series, and Theatrhythm FF series, TBH I didn't find it too difficult for me, even with the 25 tracks on Oni difficulty. The buttons on psvita are way harder to press than the touch screen of 3ds, so I have to get used to the psvita buttons.

If you have difficulty plat this game, my suggestion would be

(1) Practicing different patterns like RBR, RBB, RBBR, and so on;

(2) The crown count in vita = crowns in normal mode + crowns in Shinuchi(真打) mode, so basically choose 13 easy tracks and play them in two different modes.

#103 Fate/Hollow Ataraxia

Difficulty: 1/10

A classic visual novel which is a sequel (?) of Fate/Stay Night. If you could understand Japanese than I would highly recommend read it instead of pressing fast forward button just for those trophies. Basically I bought this for the mini-game Capsule Servant cuz it's exclusive on the vita version.

I found a guide online and arrange the text in a more readable doc file. In case anyone needs it: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17mAm5nU_YYsiKbxJEZ1_kYQXLBRj1jOFYcjdquccKYI/edit?usp=sharing

(Yes it is in Japanese :V)

#104 Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight

#105 Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Difficulty: 2/10

I would like to say that those remixes are pretty good. I will definitely add some amazing tracks to my playlist if I'm able to get the OST. This series is not that difficult since for P3D you can get the "Auto Scratch" modifier at the start of the game, and although P4D does not have the Auto Scratch, the notes are still readable so you don't have to actually remember the pattern.

#106 Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight

Rhythm games from Atlus/Sega always have the best character & stage designs and visual effects, and this is one of the reasons that I love & hate their rhythm games lol. Watching your fav characters dancing while keep pressing buttons is not a easy task but thank god this series is not that difficult. Sometimes those visual effects just block your view and make you unable to detect notes. However, since it is just a fan-service game I won't complain that much.

Some of my fav songs in this game:

• Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
  • Tokyo Daylight
  • Price
  • Last Surprise

(Makoto is cute)

I'll definitely try P5 or P5R in the future if I have time for a JRPG with long story line.

#107 Ridge Racer (PS Vita)

TBH I'm not a racing game player, I bought this game just for its fascinating music @_@

I do love tracks composed by Hiroshi Okubo and Ajurika (This guy also composes tracks for Tekken I think), but this game could be pretty tedious at the end, especially when you need to farm for the Filthy VIP trophy, which requires you to get the 1500th rank. Some players used the save editor to cheat their points so you need to grind even more CR points than before. Cuz it's 2020, 9 years after the game has been released.

The base game only contains 3 maps and 5 cars, and I highly recommend buy the game pass which gives you more maps and cars so you won't run out of your sanity in the end-game phrase. For the devil car and angel car duel races, my suggestion is -- use your team vision if you, like me, are not confident in your racing level.

Verdict: Everything other than CR farming is fun to play.

Spoiler

zJwqGPl.jpg

• Like 2

#108 Devil May Cry 2 (PS4)

Difficulty: 2/10 (I HAVE THE CODE)

I sort of understand why this game is being criticized so many years after I got the plat of this game. Have to say that this game is pretty horrible on camera and action design. Like some old Resident Evil games, the camera rotates wherever it likes to, plus the map menu does not describe the map appropriately (which direction am I facing to?), making the map indistinguishable. For the action part, Dante seems to have muscle weakness that it takes forever for him to swing his sword, but Trish is fine, or maybe the best character in the whole DMC2. The time for combo chaining is too short that you have to hold the gun button all the time to keep your S-rank combo. Sometimes the sub-machine gun and the launcher seems too OP that makes you don't wanna do the melee attack if not looking for a perfect S-rank on mission.

Gotta put DMC3 on my must-play list, but I need to play some 3A titles to get some rest... :hmm:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Astray404 said:

#108 Devil May Cry 2 (PS4)

Difficulty: 2/10 (I HAVE THE CODE)

I sort of understand why this game is being criticized so many years after I got the plat of this game. Have to say that this game is pretty horrible on camera and action design. Like some old Resident Evil games, the camera rotates wherever it likes to, plus the map menu does not describe the map appropriately (which direction am I facing to?), making the map indistinguishable. For the action part, Dante seems to have muscle weakness that it takes forever for him to swing his sword, but Trish is fine, or maybe the best character in the whole DMC2. The time for combo chaining is too short that you have to hold the gun button all the time to keep your S-rank combo. Sometimes the sub-machine gun and the launcher seems too OP that makes you don't wanna do the melee attack if not looking for a perfect S-rank on mission.

Gotta put DMC3 on my must-play list, but I need to play some 3A titles to get some rest... :hmm:

Replied on the status update but I will reply here too, congrats for surviving that shit of a game! That game is a stain on the franchise, the only reason Trish is this good is because she controls like DMC1 Dante.

This game gave me lots of grief on PS4, but on PS3 I just used my Turbo controller to auto shoot with :square:. Screw this game.

Rest assured, DMC3 will be a completely different experience xD 

(also congrats for that high number of AC games, checked the list and I see you are into that series too ) 

• Like 1

#109 - Uta Kumi 575

Difficulty: 4~5/10

The worst and the 3rd challenging rhythm game that I have ever played on my PS consoles (Beatmania iidx and Taiko are the 1st and 2nd definitely).

Basically it is a Japanese word/vocab puzzle game that asks you to fill-in-the-blanks, but you need to do this while doing the rhythm part! Switching tapping between the front screen and the backpad is frustrating. I wish I could have 3 hands lol. The most important thing: songs are horrible - Stupid lyrics, poor-tuning Vocaloid singers... Ugh. There ARE one or two good songs but it could be much better if the lyrics is better, or not in the 575 format. Or it could be much better if the singers are not Vocaloid singers.

Thank god I've learned Japanese for several years so that I could even be able to play this game. Cuz for the plat, you need to FC on all songs while choosing all lyrics correctly. For most songs you could pause and choose the correct lyrics combination but not all of them are cheat-able.

#110 - MGS 3 (PS Vita)

Difficulty: 5/10

I always have a feeling that Hideo Kojima is the most overrated dev. My friend recommended this game to me several years ago, and I bought both the MGS HD collection on my vita, and a MGS 3D on 3ds, which I think it's mostly identical to MGS 3. It's my first time to play this game seriously on vita, and... it sucks.

First of all, there's no tutorial in the game, so it took me about one or two hours to figure out how this game works on my vita. The only reference I found is the digital instruction, and it still confuses me. For example, it says "Touch center of the rear touch pad to interrogate, while tap center of rear touch pad to thrust". WTF? There's either holding the button or pressing the button, so what is the difference between touch and tap? Beside, the control is just weird. For the shooting, you hold R to focus, hold square to aim, and release to shoot. Usually we just hold L to aim and press R to shoot (in some RE games there's pressing square to shoot also). If you find yourself not good to shoot, you need to press O to cancel. It's quite hard to press O while holding the square, and it's too messy.

Second, cutscenes and non-stop talks. The game starts with 3 cutscene, one for the mission intro, one for the historical background, and another for Snake. And there are also other tedious cutscenes later, one after another. Due to the Snake Eyes trophy, for some of them you are not allow to skip, and it's really painful. I understand that there's a global hype for cinematic expression in video games decades ago, but even so, is this kinda too much? And the lady in the save channel, each time I contact her, she will double check "Snake do you need to save your file?", ofc I wanna save my god damn game, or I wouldn't access this radio channel. After saving, she still keeps asking "Snake have your ever heard... / do you know...". Jeez, just stop.

Third, collectables. I don't have many complaints about those collectables like birds, fruits, and mushrooms, but without a guide it is pretty hard to identify them. And.. 64 Kerotan figures are definitely too many for a 7-to-8-hour-long game. Sometimes you'll have to backtrack, not for the story, but for those figures, so I wonder if their purpose is just to make the game looks taking longer time to clear. Some of them are hard to aim during the last part when you're on Eva's bike.

The last thing, I kinda know that the main theme for this game is anti-war and anti-violence, that it exaggerates the painful expression on enemies to make you show your sympathy on them. However, some of those bosses are too magical and unrealistic, and their supernatural powers seems not fit in such a theme. For the PEACE WALKER trophy, actually Snake did kill the boss at the end, so does it count? :)

17 minutes ago, James_Tonto said:

You've earned some decent platinums already. You should go back and finish Okami HD at some point ^^

Thanks for the reminding, but I feel confused since I have both the PS3 and the PS4 version of Okami. The savefile does not transfer between them, and it is hard for me to decide which would be better, either continue playing on my PS3 (with a problematic fan) or start a new save on my PS4. ?

• Like 1

On 26/03/2020 at 5:56 AM, Astray404 said:

Thanks for the reminding, but I feel confused since I have both the PS3 and the PS4 version of Okami. The savefile does not transfer between them, and it is hard for me to decide which would be better, either continue playing on my PS3 (with a problematic fan) or start a new save on my PS4. 1f602.png

I think you should replay the game on PS4. SInce it's been so long since you played the game on PS3 anyways. And it sounds like your PS3 is kinda dodgy anyways? Plus you can get a physical copy for PS4. If you like owning those I mean ^^:.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Plat #111 (And 100% complete) - Horizon Zero Dawn

After got the plat of MGS3 this game could be my best choice for relax. xD Like most 3A open-world titles, it's just a mediocre game that I don't have that much to comment about. Not bad story, not bad characters, a checklist quest system, and the only thing that I'm not that satisfied is the battle system. Aloy has a spear, and she could also do stealth attack, but these are not that useful under UH difficulty. It takes forever for her to swing her spear, and the stealth attack does not do that much damage on mid & large size enemies. Trajectory is weird and even I aim at enemy's head with a full-released arrow, sometimes it won't hit. This game definitely needs more polish, and I'll give it a 8/10. Among all 3A open-world titles that I've played, AC Odyssey is still my favorite.

Plat #112 - Resident Evil 3 Remake

Have to complain a lil bit at first that Capcom did change the storyline a lot. Even so it's still a good game for me. Usually I hate cutscenes but those cinematic cutscenes in RE3 build the tense pretty well and make me nervous: "I might die here, gotta be careful". This game is short, but it looks more like a cinematic game with smooth experience. Jill looks perfect in her 99 classic and STARS outfits, but there's one thing that I don't like (maybe in both RE2 and RE3 remake), that characters' lines contain too many swear words. IIRC Jill and Claire didn't use that many swear words back in old games.

BTW I love the RE3 Japanese character voices lol. They indeed gave me a Detective-Konan-vibe due to its Japanese VA list. Highly recommend.

Plat #113 - Peasant Knight (PS4)

TBH I don't have that much to comment on this game. It's been in my backlog for several months since I own the vita version. A normal Ratalaika game. The end.

Plat #114 - Far Cry Primal

A mediocre game with glitches and shitty controls. The arrangement of enemies and predator animals are much better than FC3, so that your character won't get killed just outside a village. What I'm still wondering why your character is still afraid of fire and why it takes so long to put out of the fire. And your club and spear, *sigh, will never hit the enemy if you are too close.

Plat #115 - Final Fantasy VII Remake

Not hard, but a little bit time consuming. The game "looks" pretty nice: smooth cinematic cutscenes (although a lil bit too much) and perfect music, which makes the first playthrough impressive. However, I have a feeling that Square is no longer making the tactical / strategic part as a priority in the gameplay, or as much as some old FF games, since they have been trying to add fancy but ill-designed action parts to the gameplay of the FF series for several years. I really miss the old days that you could heal your enemies, beat your teammates or give them some debuffs, get killed because you are too OP / wearing wrong equipment / at a wrong level, toss gil to hurt enemies, and so on...

P.S. Here are some comments of mine about its battle system: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/87799-the-platinum-that-broke-me/#comment-2034849

Plat #116 - Final Fantasy VII

A classic JRPG game with challenges if official cheats are not on. It's psychedelic storyline's always trying to murder my sanity lol, especially from the end of Disc 1 to the later Disc 2. (Tifa is such a nice girl, isn't she? ) The materia system could be grindy but fun, still haven't figured out all special commands cuz I usually just use 2x cut, morph and deathblow. The only problem that I have is dealing with the pre-rendered RE-ish background. Sometimes it's hard to find out Cloud's position and the way to the next map, even with the pointers on, but I think this could be a common issue for some 90s games.

Plat #117 - Watch Dogs 2

This became my second favorite Ubisoft game after AC Odyssey. It's been on my shelf for a long time but due to my personal Ubi-hate... Bought from a local Bookoff store several yrs ago so I don't have those DLC missions, but the main part of this game shows a combination of challenge and fun.

It has decent gameplay (although sometimes pushing the L-stick ahead won't move the jumper and I'm pretty sure it's not because of my controller) with multiple choices to clear the mission, random online encounters (and those online operations are fun to play), and ScoutX "sightseeing" feature that brings surprises. It is fun to drive from streets to streets and the in-game SF does have the real SF vibe. Checkpoints sometimes are placed weirdly but won't give you too much challenge (at least for main story).

Only one thing... they put Stanford Univ in a wrong place lol.

Plat #118 & #119 - Word Sudoku by POWGI

Difficulty: 1/10 (With guide)

A normal Sudoku Game if the number mode is on. I don't have much comments on this game.

Plat #120 - Onechanbara Z2 Chaos

Bought this during the Japan Sale, and somehow I think this might be the worst ACT/ARPG game that I've ever played (so far). The graphic looks like some old PS3 game, and in-game renders of those girls looks weird also. As a game with "fan-service" purpose, Senran Kagura series does a much better job than this. The action battle system is also poorly designed. This game's difficulty is based on the unfair hit reaction, similar to FF7 remake I played last month, but much worse. It seems that your character and the boss are not in the same channel: no matter how hard you hit the boss, it just acts like nothing happened. Besides, the scripts of those bosses are also horrible. They act more like someone being stuck in a broken tape recorder, performing the same action pattern again and again without taking a rest. Thankfully I am done with this game. ?

Edited by Astray404

• 2 weeks later...

Plat #121 - Fate/Extella

Had some moods to clear some very-rare plats so I picked this one from my backlog. The very-hard difficulty is actually much easier than I thought with all code casts brought, and those traps can also be countered by pressing the attack button at the right time (although none of the guides mentioned it lol). There is no tier for characters and you can beat the VH difficulty using whoever you like, but I highly recommend Nero if you don't have a preference since some of her stages cannot be played in the free mode and she is easier to use than Altera.

+ The first ARPG game (?) of the Fate series (Tiger Colosseum looks more like a FTG)

+ The counter system is similar to Onimusha's Issen but much easier to trigger. It looks weird in a Musou-type game but better than nothing. You can literally counter every attack including the trap but I still recommend bring some code casts for safety

+ Side stories are fun to play

- Sometimes camera angles could be weird

- Cutscenes could cancel your combo and EM

- Some character's in-game rendering are glitchy

- 5,000 Aggressors... This is horrible

Plat #122 - LEGO Ninjago Movie: The Videogame

100% on all maps took me lots of time even with a video guide. Although there are reports of completion glitches, I've never experienced in this game. Maybe the devs have already fixed them?

+ Character variety. Most time need to switch between characters to solve puzzles, though some end-game characters like Master Chen could save you some times

+ Great music, but those BGMs give me a vibe of Traditional Chinese music instead of Japanese-Ninja-thing

- Interactions that using (jumping and wall dash basically) have a weird timing

- 2P character sometimes will block your way, becoming frustrating especially during the race

Plat #123 - VA-11 Hall-A

As a visual novel, it is fantastic, although I did expect more lol

Maybe I need to become more weeboo to enjoy this game more?

+ The bartender minigame makes the whole gameplay much more fun instead of pressing and progress all texts like some old Japanese visual novels. You can look up drinks' information in the computer and pick up the best drink, and sometimes there are more than 1 best choice. (I do hope that there's a challenge mode that only includes the bartender minigame)

+ Great music with synthwave vibes

+ Great illustrations, although character designs are more like some 90s and 00s anime girls instead of pure 80s character designs

- Lack of main story. The whole story only involves daily talks in a cyberpunk "Glitch" city in which people's minds are controlled by virus. Everyone has his/her separated storylines and some of them may connect to others'. However, the story seems too separated and may need a main theme (like a murder or accident or something similar) to connect all characters at once

Plat #124 - Final Fantasy VIII

Difficulty: 3/10 (With booster)

A revolutionary one compared to previous FF games. There are lots of changes in the system so I spent almost 8 hrs (Disc 1) just to figure out what Magic Junction is, but anyway it's an awesome game.

+ A brand new battle system

+ Exploring the open world has much more fun than FF7, and there are more sub-quests and hidden stories

+ Triple Triad is the best mini-game I've ever seen that could function not only as a mini-game but also a boost to your battle, due to the Card Mod ability

- Too many FMVs (C'mon I just wanna play the game)

- Lack of facial expression. It is a remastered version so I won't expect too much, but watching Squall sitting in the seat and holding Rinoa in his arms with a "I don't give it a XXXX" poker face seems... weird

- The "pointer" from FF7 has been removed, so there's no way to indicate the position of your character and doors that you could enter, making the exploration a little bit difficult since you may not be able to notice a ladder or a door

- Difficulty adjustment and non-linear exp required to lvl up. Squall's high ATK plus the RNG Odin makes leveling too easy. With one-hit kills, it is hard to perform Card Mod or Devour. Besides, higher level means higher difficulty, and there's lack of in-game descriptions regarding this.

Plat #125 - MediEvil

A fantastic combination of retro gameplay with modern graphics, although it may need more polishing.

+ Challenging stages. There's no checkpoint in each stage but since almost all stages could be cleared under 10 mins if you could get familiar with the map, it won't be a problem

+ Music that gives you Halloween atmospheres

- Lag and framerate drops occasionally, especially in Scarecrow Fields

- No HP refill at the beginning of each stage. Although going back to the Crypt and picking up two vials also works, but wouldn't it be better if Dan's HP is automatically refilled at the beginning of each stage?

- Dash and parry are both on :r1:: pressing R1 when walking/standing is parry and when running is dash. The left stick of my controller is a lil bit stiff so maybe this is not a good idea

- The hit animation of sword is weird... but not an issue tbh

Plat #126 - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

My friend recommended me this several months ago, saying that its system is similar to Dark Souls (and Bloodborne). However, after I got the plat of this game, my verdict is, that this game is just a horrible rip off of DS. It "inherited" most of the bad aspects from DS, but none of the good features from DS are implemented in this game.

+ The NA version contains multi-language text such as Japanese and Chinese. Multi-language is always an issue, especially in some Square Enix games, that should I buy the EN version or the JP version? Why can't SE publish a version that has both? (Thank god they made it in FF7R)

- Freeze & Loading & Framerate drops. None of the 3A games I played except this and AC Unity have such a bad performance on my PS4 Slim, and this is much worse than AC Unity.

- No auto-save. Remember that when you play DS and you wanna quit the game, the game will always brings you to where you were when you quitted last time due to its auto save feature. This game only saves when you interact the meditation point, so a suddenly CE-34878-0 will ruin your hours of playing if you forget to save your game. BTW who the earth will use the meditation point if there are still lots of stim canisters in stock...

- Enemies will revive upon meditation. Don't get me wrong, but this feature does work well in DS and Bloodborne because of their story settings. DS has a undead world setting that fire will bring back lives, and Bloodborne is mostly a nightmare setting, so the revive of enemies make sense. However, the revive of enemies in Fallen Order is totally BS since it does not make sense at all. Does Cal's meditation brings back their lifes? Or those enemies are just mind-borne?

- No fast travel. This makes the end-game garbage collecting frustrating as hell cuz you'll have to find a video guide or image guide to find the route. Most of those collectibles are literally useless because they are just outfits for Cal, BD1 and Mantis. To be honest, shortcuts just don't work that efficiently except the large elevator in Kashyyyk. The devs must be drugged.

- Weird combat system. (1) Some of the advanced skills needs time to charge and release, and this will make them garbage since you don't have time to charge most of the time and your charge will be cancelled upon hit by enemies. Those most powerful skills are always the basic: Slow, Push, Pull, normal attack, and the ranged saber attack. (2) For melee human-type enemies you'll have to break their defense gauge to do actual damage. This reminds me of God of War (PS4), but even when Kratos is using his fists, he could still do actual damage to enemies, although it's much less than other weapons. (3) Counter is useless when facing a group of melee enemies. A successful counter will not grant you invincibility and also will not grant you a time window to attack, because you could still get hit and lost your chance to attack after a successful counter.

Plat #127 New Sakura Wars

A nostalgic reboot/sequel of Sakura Taisen series. It's good to see old characters, robots and listen to old BGMs.

+ The map is much more detailed, with more interactions/quests with NPCs

+ Quests and events are fun to watch, as a dating simulator

+ Great remix of old BGMs

+ The Koi Koi minigame has a great tutorial for people who doesn't know how to play the game (like me)

- The main story is kinda cliche, and some characters cannot leave me a great first impression

- Battle is tedious, especially when you need to finish all battle simulator stages on S rank with all girls

Plat #128 - Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni

It is a mediocre game with some fan services, but those trophies are the most nasty ones I have ever seen: not hard but grindy as hell

+ Fan service

- Glitches including: (1) Enemies will randomly disappear upon drive used (2) Defeat the final boss but the clear will not appear (3) Objects sometimes are placed in weird location (e.g. The grass backdoor) 

- Stupid grindy trophies. 100 naked body, all lingerie and 5M exp are horrible, especially when other trophies only took me around 30 hrs but the platinum took around 65 hrs

- The 1.00 version (JP) is almost unplayable due to the insane stages in the challenge mode

Plat #129 - Gundam Breaker 3

I should buy the PS4 version instead of the laggy vita version lol.

Trophy list is pretty self-explaining: beat the game 3 times in different difficulties and some misc trophies. However I have to admit that the last NT playthrough is pretty boring due to the tedious and lengthy stages and elite enemies that appear over and over (although it's able to skip some of them using self-explosion). Even with my best load-out it takes about 30 mins or even more for some stages. The best part of the game must be the Gunpla customization part, not only for aesthetic, but also for the functioning and special sub-weapons.

+ Gunpla customization

+ EX skills and burst attacks could be learned so those special moves could be unleashed even without the specific parts

- Lengthy and tedious stages

- Your HG teammates sometimes are too vulnerable, especially in Extreme and NT difficulties. You'll have to bring a healing ability just for them

- (PS Vita) Horrible framerate drops and lags

Plat #130 - Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

I am not going to comment on the story part because I really skipped a lot. ? (Guess I might have reading disorder and cannot handle games with too many texts) For me the 2048-minigame is the most relaxing part, challenging but fun, although lots of grinds on points to buy those voices and illustrations, even with backup saves

Edited by Astray404

• 4 months later...

Plat #131 - 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

So far the best game I've played this year, a narrative AVG with sci-fi features such as time travel, parallel world, clone, androids, nano technique, memory modification, aliens, space odyssey, and ofc huge robots :D

+ Parallel narratives, fascinating turning points that beyond my expectation

+ Variety of characters

+ The battle is fun to play, a good combination of strategic features and ATB system

+ Great music

- It is not an easy task to understand the story because (1) parallel narratives make some plots difficult to handle, and (2) the story setting is overwhelmingly complex (Even with an in-game index)

- Poor battle UI

Plat #132 - Erica (EU)

A mixture of cult film and choice simulator. Although tagged as horror "game", there's nothing scary at all, except some bleeding scenes that could make people with blood phobia uncomfortable. Story is a little bit cliche, psycho topic with some ritual/religion references. Basically I would say that this game is not bad, but it's frustrating to get all trophies.

+ The second game I've played that uses the swipe and touch function of the touchpad, after Infamous Second Son. It's innovative and experimental, maybe because the need of adaptation to the mobile app, but I would rather use the mobile app since my phone has a larger screen than the touchpad and the phone could provide me with accuracy while moving the cursor

- No checkpoints or savepoints. That's why it needs to be done in at least 5 playthroughs. If you miss something (like me, I missed Failure To Comply on my first run), then you'll have to unlock it in another playthrough

- When using the app, make sure to turn off the auto rest mode function on your PS4, or set the timer at 2 or 3 hrs

- Sometimes it's not smooth from scenes to scenes. This depends on your choice and route. I won't be a spoiler, so here's a simple example. Say both scene A and B leads to scene C, it could be smooth from A to C because that's what the director intended to tell the story, so scene B may not lead to scene C as (logically) smooth as scene A

- There are still amounts of unsolved puzzles in the story

Plat #133 - Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night

Aigis is always the best waifu forever

Already wrote some review in my trophy checklist (link added below) so I'm not going to add comments here. For me, it's the 3rd and the last time playing P3D, but it's not the end of my journey as I have P4G and P5S in my backlog, and maybe more Persona games and Shin Megami Tensei games in the future.

Besides, I have a strong feeling that Atlus is making a real Persona 3 Remake (after Shin Megami Tensei 3?) because most scene rendering and character modeling are already done in P3D. Can't wait to play their new games (Shut up and take my money) :jaymon:

Plat #134 - Midnight Deluxe (Vita)

I would never expect a rip-off of the Angry Bird game with so many RNG issues. Vita could not guarantee a precise aiming because of its short sticks, and the white cube won't go through the direction where the arrow is pointing at (have to aim a little bit higher), which makes the game tricky, but overall it's not difficult, as most Ratalaika/Eastasiasoft games

Plat #135 - Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk (AS)

A visual novel with JRPG-Fantasy story setting: A small town is trapped in eternal winter, in which people believe that if the red-eyed witch is killed, the eternal winter will come to end. In order to avoid suspect, the heroine dressed in a disguise of a gentleman. (A heroine dressing as a gentleman always reminds me of Ouran High School lol.) Although it is kinda cliche, but the story itself is fun and relaxing.

Plat #136 - Romancing Saga 2

Such an amazing JRPG game that all those RNG features give a boost to the gameplay instead of making it a grinding hell. Without a guide there could be lots of troubles but surprisingly there aren't so many missables.

+ Upgraded 2D graphics

+ Great music

+ Varieties of classes

- Loading time

- Unbalanced formation system

Plat #137 - Hakuouki Kyoka Roku & Plat #138 Soukai Buccaneers

Didn't have much time last month so I focused on two visual novels. Hakuouki is more history based while Soukai Buccaneers is more like a fantasy rpg. Honestly I've only watched the anime of Hakuouki, and of course the game explains more than the 12-episode anime. Highly recommend this. For Soukai Buccaneers, the storyline is much less fun to read, and some characters with a "nice-guy" personality somehow seems surreal, making me "uncomfortable". At least this game has a story tracking system so I don't have to re-read all previous texts :facepalm:

Plat #139 - MS Gundam Seed Battle Destiny

It's not that difficult since I've played older Gundam VS series before. Besides the story mode looks more like an ARPG instead of a pure 4-player shooter. I'm not a fan of the Seed main series but this game did a good job to advertise their Gunpla models and Anime series

+ Varieties of MS-es and MA-s (and others) to play with

+ Varieties of passive skills for customization

- Some problems on the lock-on priority. Gundam Breaker series did much better than this because I won't mistakenly lock on the supply container while switching between enemies

- Supply containers must be opened while being locked on

- Not many "stories" in the story mode

Plat #140 - Dying: Reborn

While I was still waiting for my new Vita game cartridges to be delivered, I got this from the TGS sale. The game itself is not that impressive, tbh it's more like a Tier-C or Tier-B if I'm going to rank all horror and puzzle solving games that I've played. There's no straight-forward storylines - all details related to the story are hidden among those documents (or memos). Puzzles are... kinda tedious since most of them are keypads, which means that players need to find the clue of passwords either in the memo or around a corner.

Anyway I'm going to try something new...

• 2 months later...

Plat #141 - #145 Some Ratalaika Games

No specific comment on those, but I enjoyed Super Destronaut DX much more than other games in the Ratalaika bundle #1

Plat #146 - Strider (PS4)

A classic reboot on the current gen consoles, with a metroidvania system.

+ Action system. It is interesting that there's no input speed limit, that the harder you smash the button, the higher damage you will deal. I wonder what will happen with a turbo controller. Besides, the visual effects when you hit enemies are fascinating.

- Cannot use dpad to control character. Usually such platformer games will support both dpad and stick for controlling your character, but since Strider has already used dpad for weapon switch, the only way to control character is to use left stick, sometimes could be tricky.

- SFX when open the map. Sounds like scratching nails on the chalkboard...

Plat #147 - Assault Gunners (PS4)

It's a HD port from ps vita so I won't judge about it's graphics, but the gameplay is overwhelmingly tedious: All stories are told in a scrolling text, BGMs are dull and cannot bring up the mood. Besides, leveling up all parts are also frustrating...

Plat #148 - Root Letter (PS4)

To be honest it's more like a travel sim instead of a visual novel, mostly due to its crappy story, and the protagonist

+ Artworks that perfectly depict Shimane

- The protagonist. I'm pretty sure the writer would like him to be an energetic young man with curiosity who would never give up before achieving goal (and this is why he's called Max). However, during my gameplay, he is more like an asshole stalker who (1) directly greets others using their nicknames even though it's the first time they meet (imaging calling a young female "bitch", what an ill-mannered person), and (2) uses language assault and intimidating to uncover other's painful past

-  The crappy story. Obviously the writer was struggling between a horror theme and a romantic theme. The atmosphere of first 8 chapters are peaceful (almost), nostalgic and sort of bittersweet. Since only the reply of letter will affect the ending, even if something weird is chosen as the reply, the main story will stay peaceful until Chapter 9. So if you unfortunately trigger the "Cursed" or "Reincarnation" ending on your first playthrough, the later plot would be as cult as hell. Would it be better if Misaki and Yukari could have their own endings?

Plat #149 - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

I'm glad that the game is re-released. The story is not as fun as its sequel, but those puzzles are really challenging. To be honest, some collectable trophies are hard to track without a guide, especially when there's no skip cutscenes and skip conversations, which means you'll have to replay the whole chapter again if something's missed

Plat #150 - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2

An action game with classic Castlevania 3 vibes. Switching between different partners, visiting different routes and even fighting against different final bosses make the game worth to play several hours. And for more challenges there are boss rush and solo mode. Besides those chiptune BGMs are as hyped as hell, and I'm wondering if I could get a copy of the game OST...

I haven't tried Ritual of the Night yet, maybe it's time to add it to my wishlist?

• 5 months later...

Plat #151 (and 100%) - Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)

Almost a perfect open world game - no frame rate drops or CE-34878-0, instead the swinging and combat are smooth. There are only two flaws: (1) Spidey is so kind that he let Norman escape at the end, and (2) sometimes the game forces players to focus on something else after finishing a main quest, which makes the NG+ run little bit frustrating.

Plat #152 - NieR: Automata

Appreciate that producers of this game offers a trophy shop, or farming body-collecting and finding all weapons could be extremely frustrating. TBH this game looks more like a 3D danmaku shooter instead of a pure 3D action game, and I have to change the controller buttons to not mess up the in-game actions easily. The ending scroll of the ending E is pretty challenging that I can't get much further beyond the "Sony Computer Entertainment Inc" (ironically). But adding a cooperation system by deleting every player's save files is sooooo avant-garde, positively.

Plat #153 - We Were Here

Difficulty: 2/10 (with a guide)

Haven't noticed this game until my friend ask me if I would like to plat this game with her. It is a lovely puzzle-solving game that forces players to communicate and describe what they found. Fun to play but sometimes playing as a librarian makes me wanna take a nap, especially during the RGB door puzzle.

Plat #154 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Pretty enjoy this game and have to admit that it's hard to find a metroidvania game that allows me chill and relax while playing, like Symphony of the Night and Dawn of Sorrow. Actually the system is similar to DoS: collecting shards by defeating monsters and upgrading weapons. While comparing to Curse of the Moon series, however, enemies' action patterns are less readable and predictable, but most bosses could be defeated in cheesy ways after getting more shards. I would give it a 8 out of 10 and if it's more polished with less glitches and CE-34878-0 errors I would rate it 9.

Plat #155 - Arcade Game Series: Galaga

Thankfully this game provides a quick-save function (and a glitch) so obtaining the plat is easier than I thought. A retro game that brings nostalgia, challenging but fun.

Plat #156 - Knack 2

A hidden gem that I've never heard off until it appeared in the ps+ free game list. The combat system is solid, although the camera angle might sometimes trouble as small Knack is hard to locate. Puzzles are also easy to solve, and even if a specific puzzle takes too long, the game provides players a hint. Besides, the speedrun and battle challenge mode have a decent score ranking, not overwhelmingly harsh but also challenging meanwhile.

Plat #157 - Gorogoa

An aesthetic masterpiece with creative gameplay. The only problem is the 500-step trophy, which is a little bit frustrating to track.

Plat #158 - Coffee Talk

Got it from the PS+ free game campaign this month. Seems that it was inspired from Valhalla -- both of them are basically a visual novel featuring detailed pixel artworks and drink mixing gameplay. However, compared to Valhalla, Coffee Talk's character design looks more... indescribable: There are human-being, werewolf, elf, alien, cat girl (and cat-man?), and even a reptile (looks like) girl, but their races have nothing to do with, or have limited contribution to the main storyline, which means that it is also acceptable to switch all of them to human-beings. Those who are in the dev team must be obsessed with garbage light novels to design such characters. Besides, the in-game conversation really looks like some "daily conversation", that makes me wanna fast skip or I would fall asleep.

Plat #159 - Katamari Damacy Reroll

It took me around 20 hrs to finish the remake (or graphically remastered version, but obviously it's made by Unity) of Katamary Damacy. It has awesome music, and almost all stages except mas7 are fun to play. However, the hitbox of items seems weird because you'll be frequently stuck inside somewhere and not able to get out. Besides, getting 100% items and gifts could be frustrating so I spent a whole weekend writing a web app (here) to track my progress. Overall it's worth to play and I highly recommend it.

Plat #160 - Tokyo Dark: Remembrance

It is hard to describe this game. Bought this last year during a sale, but for some reason I didn't finish the prologue. The character design looks cheap and "weeboo"-ish, and I swear it's even worse than some Doujinshi 20 years ago. As for the story, I can understand what the authors would like to tell, but a supernatural-themed story without strongly psychological and religious background support (like Silent Hill) sounds cliche and not attractive. Besides, those repetitively reused cutscenes make this game even cheaper, and they are not skippable. The whole game, its art, story, voicing, looks like a low-budget project.

• Like 1

Damn, that's a lot of progress in one go, you have a pretty cool list going on, congrats on the 90% and make sure it never stops growing.

Btw, i saw that you finished RE Revelations 2, i'll go back to it now thanks to the Summer Backlog Challenge, but how hard are the Countdown and Invisible mode? and which one do you think is better to start with? i'd only finished the campaign a few months ago, and both of those modes sound kinda scare

• Like 1