(SPOILERS) Feelings after the first hour

Maaden_Swe

34 minutes ago, Maaden_Swe said:

I have never felt like this after the first hour of a game. This is something completely new. 

The graphics, the smoothness of the movement. The UI. The babies.

And the story upon all that.

This is too good. 

What makes babies and doing deliveries so good?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

But will you still be enjoying it after 50 hours that's the real question...

That’s what I’m wondering myself. The game looks really interesting, but I don’t know if it’s interesting and fun to play for 5-10 hours or for 50-100 hours.

I guess I don’t know that until I tried it myself, but I’m still not sure if I should buy it right now.

My impressions are it's Kingdom Hearts for adults. Also it has the most accurate depiction of climbing I've ever seen in a video game.

If you're the kind of person who will intentionally slow down to admire scenery in games, this game is very likely something you will enjoy. It's not for everyone but holy shit it's for me.

• Like 4

I'm gonna start Episode 2. So far I'm having a blast.

OP:

'I have never felt like this after the first hour of a game. This is something completely new.' 

Completely agree, it is breathtaking.

The world is beyond beautiful. I love some of the gameplay features such as the way you have to balance your deliveries, balance yourself and your stamina in the water, it goes on. It is smooth as BB's big ass head.

Playing on hard just changes the difficulty of the actual encounters. But that is what makes it better. When I was being searched by Gazer's and shortly after when they saw me, the Hunters are scary dude. Trying to grab me off the ground and you have to shake them off. Jeez. I was shaking and running for my life.

Even though I'm enjoying the story and I understand most of what has been shown to me, I am a lost a lot as well. For example Mads Mikkelsen character and his connection with Sam's BB, Fragile, how BT's exists, is it from the explosion that Sam is talking about and you see the huge BT hand? Who is behind it?

Can't wait to play the rest, I am so curious about it.

So far I'll give it a 9/10. If someone told me this was a PS5 title that won game of the year I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by SupakGaming
add more info
  • Like 2

i'm enjoying it. what they did with the asymmetrical online multiplayer is much more than what has been done that i've played. it is a social-networking multiplayer. leave equipment and objects in the world for others to use, other people by osmosis will affect how others enjoy this game. i've already benefited from ladders, and ropes planted to make the delivery route shorter...

First two episodes are more about the story and learn to play the game. Episode 3 introduces many new gameplay elements and for me this is the moment it clicks. You can do so much sh** with all the gadgets, vehicles and other things. I think I´m already a Mule and BT Hunter. Nothing stands a chance. :)

Edited by Aladan82
  • Like 1

In Chapter 2, I just stumbled upon MULE’s, I didn’t even know what they were, and suddenly you get pumped with adrenaline running over a hill to loose them, you are holding 60kg of cargo yet there you are running in a damn straight to get them out of your ass, great! 

So far, is feeling great, and I haven’t even hit anyone yet ?

The best of thing of the game is how it makes your life easier when someone has deployed tools/signals for you, the message is clear.

I went with the decision to just play this for the story, and I've really enjoyed my first 5 hours. I actually quite like the gameplay, too. I nearly always just go for any 1000G or platinum but with this I figured it was best to just enjoy the game as intended, and forgo the 70 hour (minimum) grind.  Really just CBA for it. Story, 0 complaints so far, and it's no where near as convoluted as people make out. Very similar to MGS; lots going on, but its enjoyable and I don't feel confused, just haven't figured out the minor details yet.