Patch 1.1.1.0 Coming Soon <Not the best Choice Trophy Fix>

zeit86geist

After doing 2.5 playthroughs of this I honestly thought it was bug free (at least from my console experience). I haven't had a single issue apart from the occasional texture pop-in, one of the smoothest games of this type I've ever played in all honesty. Seems like this game  Really great to see they are fixing things though.

I'm not really taking part in the whole Fallout 76 vs Outer Worlds debate because I think that the Outer Worlds should be regarded for it's own merits, rather than a tool to tear Fallout 76 down. But I did find it interesting that the first Outer Worlds patch notes contained 6 items and this was the first bug fix patch notes for Fallout 76:

Spoiler

GENERAL BUG FIXES

ART AND GRAPHICS
  • Effects: The Baseball Bat with the Wiffle Bat Skin applied no longer displays blood splatter when striking objects that don’t have blood.
  • Graphics: The Vault-Tec University Diploma no longer appears to be a portal to another realm when placed on a wall.
C.A.M.P., CRAFTING, AND WORKSHOPS
  • Blueprints: A “You can’t place that blueprint at this location” error message now correctly displays when attempting to place a Blueprint containing items that cannot be placed in a Workshop, like a Vending Machines or Punch Bowls.
  • Exploit: Addressed an exploit related to creating Blueprints that include Wallpapers.
  • Crops: Fixed an issue that could prevent Crops that were not fully grown from being moved to new valid locations.
  • Greenhouses: Can no longer be placed in a Workshop.
  • Modify Menu: Fixed an issue that could allow the player to scrap and move an object at the same time.
  • Modify Menu: The required component list that appears when replacing an existing object no longer displays incorrect components.
  • Modify Menu: If the player is missing components when attempting to replace an existing object, the required components list now correctly shows which items are needed.
  • Repair All: An incorrect message will no longer appear when attempting to use the “Repair All” without having all of the necessary components.
  • Wall Décor: The build preview for the Vault Tec University Diploma is no longer blurry.
  • Wallpapers: Fixed an issue that could cause Wallpaper to cover some wall mounted items when used on certain types of walls.
CHALLENGES
  • General: The Conspiracy Hat now correctly counts toward Daily and Weekly Challenges that require the player to wear a tinfoil hat.
  • Combat: Completing the “Craft or Scrap a Ranged Weapon” Combat Challenge no longer awards a Nuclear Winter version of the Laser Gun.
COMBAT
  • Enemies: Ash and Goo Pile corpses now correctly despawn, allowing those enemies to respawn normally.
  • Enemies: Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause enemies to sink into the terrain, become stuck in place, clip through doors, or flee after being attacked.
  • Enemies: Fixed an issue that could cause ranged enemies to have difficulties targeting players.
ITEMS
  • Combat Armor: The Camouflage Combat Armor paint can once again be applied to Combat Armor pieces.
  • Combat Rifles: Applying a Prime Receiver mod to a Combat Rifle now correctly causes it to use Ultracite .45 rounds instead of Ultracite .44 rounds.
  • Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow players to drop Power Armor pieces that have had premium paints applied.
  • Hazmat Suits: The Hazmat Suit now correctly appears in the Armor Workbench crafting menu after learning the Plan.
  • Hazmat Suits: The Stars and Stripes Hazmat Suit paint can now be correctly applied if the player hasn’t yet learned the base Hazmat Suit recipe.
  • Headwear: The descriptions for gas masks like the Wasteland Trapper Mask, Cultist Headpiece, and Raider Skull Gas Masks now correctly state that these items offer resistance to environmental hazards.
  • Legendary Melee Weapons: 3-star Legendary Melee Weapons dropped by enemies can now correctly spawn with the following tertiary legendary effects:
    • +1 Strength
    • +1 Endurance
    • 15% less damage while blocking
    • 40% less damage while power attacking
  • Refrigerators: Prime Meat, Tatos, Yao Guai Meat, Wolf Ribs, and several other food items can now be properly assigned to Refrigerators.
QUESTS AND EVENTS
  • Buried with Honor: The Grafton Mayor’s introductory dialogue for the Buried with Honor Daily Quest no longer plays every time a player logs in.
  • Collision Course: The Cargo Bot at the end of this event now more accurately navigates to its delivery location.
  • Dogwood Die Off: No longer sometimes ends early if two players were participating in the event and one of them left while it was still in progress.
  • Primal Cuts: If a Primal Cuts location has been nuked, Prime Beasts that spawn in the Nuke Zone now properly drop glowing loot.
  • Trick or Treat: Logging out after starting the Trick or Treat Daily Quest no longer causes it to disappear.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
  • Performance: Implemented a performance improvement relating to the Order of the Tadpole questline.
  • Performance: Implemented an improvement for server optimization.
  • Performance: Implemented improvements that will help a server shutdown more smoothly when it needs to undergo maintenance.
  • Stability: Implemented additional safeguards against a control lock that could occur when exiting Power Armor.
  • Stability: Addressed a crash that could occur when closing the game client.
  • Stability: Addressed multiple issues that could cause a server crash.
  • Stability: Fixed an issue that could cause a server to crash when saving a character’s current position.
  • Stability: Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause a server crash when interacting with Power Armor.
PERKS
  • Exploit: Addressed an exploit related to Perk sharing.
  • Incisor: The description has been updated to correctly include “unarmed” in addition to “melee” weapons. This was only a correction of the description text and the Perk’s functionality hasn’t changed.
SOUND
  • Sound Effects: Sentry Bot gunfire sound effects no longer sometimes loop endlessly.
USER INTERFACE
  • Atomic Shop: Hazmat Suit Paints can now correctly be favorited in the Atomic Shop for use in Nuclear Winter.
  • Crafting: “Mods Unlocked” text no longer persists after switching from an item’s Modify menu to the Crafting menu while using a Workbench.
  • Localization: The name of the “Wallpapers” tab in the Atomic Shop now fits within the button in Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish versions of the game.
  • Localization: Event details on Public Event loading screens no longer appear in English in the Korean version of the game.
  • Localization: The “Mods Unlocked” text in Workbench modify menus no longer displays placeholder text in non-English versions of the game.
  • Localization: Grahm’s subtitles no longer appear in English in non-English versions of the game.
  • Pip-Boy: The Pip-Boy’s Component View no longer displays excessively large numbers after storing items in the Stash.
  • Photomode: The “Looking to the Future” Photomode Pose now correctly appears in the list of available poses for players who have unlocked it.
  • Social: Inviting or removing a friend now correctly closes the social menu pop-up.
  • Social: On Xbox, removing a friend after selecting “View Profile” from the Social menu now correctly closes the player’s profile menu.
  • Social: Removed the mute/unmute option from the Social pop-up that appears when a player selects their own account from the social menu.
  • Social: Addressed an issue that could cause the Social menu to become unresponsive when attempting to accept a friend request.
  • Social: The notification that appears after sending a friend request to another player now correctly states “Friend request received” rather than “Friend added.”
  • Social: The Social menu now closes correctly after choosing to promote a teammate to Team Leader while on a loading screen.
  • Text: Fixed typos in a variety of item names.
WORLD
  • Blackwater Mine: Added press and hold activation to mattresses found in Blackwater Mine.
  • Charleston Capitol: Adjusted the terrain in a location inside the Charleston Capitol Building where enemies could have trouble reaching the player.
  • Harpers Ferry: Fixed an issue that could prevent water from displaying correctly in a small portion of the stream near Harpers Ferry.
  • Palace of the Winding Path: Rain is no longer visible in a section of the Palace of the Winding Path’s basement.
  • Raider Cache: Adjusted a cart inside the Raider Cache during the Key to the Past questline where a player could get in but could not get out.
  • Watoga Civic Center: Fixed multiple locations that could allow players to leave the game’s playable area.
  • Whitespring Bunker: Weapons can no longer clip through the glass in the MODUS room.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

After doing 2.5 playthroughs of this I honestly thought it was bug free (at least from my console experience). I haven't had a single issue apart from the occasional texture pop-in, one of the smoothest games of this type I've ever played in all honesty. Seems like this game  Really great to see they are fixing things though.

I'm not really taking part in the whole Fallout 76 vs Outer Worlds debate because I think that the Outer Worlds should be regarded for it's own merits, rather than a tool to tear Fallout 76 down. But I did find it interesting that the first Outer Worlds patch notes contained 6 items and this was the first bug fix patch notes for Fallout 76:

Reveal hidden contents

GENERAL BUG FIXES

ART AND GRAPHICS
  • Effects: The Baseball Bat with the Wiffle Bat Skin applied no longer displays blood splatter when striking objects that don’t have blood.
  • Graphics: The Vault-Tec University Diploma no longer appears to be a portal to another realm when placed on a wall.
C.A.M.P., CRAFTING, AND WORKSHOPS
  • Blueprints: A “You can’t place that blueprint at this location” error message now correctly displays when attempting to place a Blueprint containing items that cannot be placed in a Workshop, like a Vending Machines or Punch Bowls.
  • Exploit: Addressed an exploit related to creating Blueprints that include Wallpapers.
  • Crops: Fixed an issue that could prevent Crops that were not fully grown from being moved to new valid locations.
  • Greenhouses: Can no longer be placed in a Workshop.
  • Modify Menu: Fixed an issue that could allow the player to scrap and move an object at the same time.
  • Modify Menu: The required component list that appears when replacing an existing object no longer displays incorrect components.
  • Modify Menu: If the player is missing components when attempting to replace an existing object, the required components list now correctly shows which items are needed.
  • Repair All: An incorrect message will no longer appear when attempting to use the “Repair All” without having all of the necessary components.
  • Wall Décor: The build preview for the Vault Tec University Diploma is no longer blurry.
  • Wallpapers: Fixed an issue that could cause Wallpaper to cover some wall mounted items when used on certain types of walls.
CHALLENGES
  • General: The Conspiracy Hat now correctly counts toward Daily and Weekly Challenges that require the player to wear a tinfoil hat.
  • Combat: Completing the “Craft or Scrap a Ranged Weapon” Combat Challenge no longer awards a Nuclear Winter version of the Laser Gun.
COMBAT
  • Enemies: Ash and Goo Pile corpses now correctly despawn, allowing those enemies to respawn normally.
  • Enemies: Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause enemies to sink into the terrain, become stuck in place, clip through doors, or flee after being attacked.
  • Enemies: Fixed an issue that could cause ranged enemies to have difficulties targeting players.
ITEMS
  • Combat Armor: The Camouflage Combat Armor paint can once again be applied to Combat Armor pieces.
  • Combat Rifles: Applying a Prime Receiver mod to a Combat Rifle now correctly causes it to use Ultracite .45 rounds instead of Ultracite .44 rounds.
  • Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow players to drop Power Armor pieces that have had premium paints applied.
  • Hazmat Suits: The Hazmat Suit now correctly appears in the Armor Workbench crafting menu after learning the Plan.
  • Hazmat Suits: The Stars and Stripes Hazmat Suit paint can now be correctly applied if the player hasn’t yet learned the base Hazmat Suit recipe.
  • Headwear: The descriptions for gas masks like the Wasteland Trapper Mask, Cultist Headpiece, and Raider Skull Gas Masks now correctly state that these items offer resistance to environmental hazards.
  • Legendary Melee Weapons: 3-star Legendary Melee Weapons dropped by enemies can now correctly spawn with the following tertiary legendary effects:
    • +1 Strength
    • +1 Endurance
    • 15% less damage while blocking
    • 40% less damage while power attacking
  • Refrigerators: Prime Meat, Tatos, Yao Guai Meat, Wolf Ribs, and several other food items can now be properly assigned to Refrigerators.
QUESTS AND EVENTS
  • Buried with Honor: The Grafton Mayor’s introductory dialogue for the Buried with Honor Daily Quest no longer plays every time a player logs in.
  • Collision Course: The Cargo Bot at the end of this event now more accurately navigates to its delivery location.
  • Dogwood Die Off: No longer sometimes ends early if two players were participating in the event and one of them left while it was still in progress.
  • Primal Cuts: If a Primal Cuts location has been nuked, Prime Beasts that spawn in the Nuke Zone now properly drop glowing loot.
  • Trick or Treat: Logging out after starting the Trick or Treat Daily Quest no longer causes it to disappear.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
  • Performance: Implemented a performance improvement relating to the Order of the Tadpole questline.
  • Performance: Implemented an improvement for server optimization.
  • Performance: Implemented improvements that will help a server shutdown more smoothly when it needs to undergo maintenance.
  • Stability: Implemented additional safeguards against a control lock that could occur when exiting Power Armor.
  • Stability: Addressed a crash that could occur when closing the game client.
  • Stability: Addressed multiple issues that could cause a server crash.
  • Stability: Fixed an issue that could cause a server to crash when saving a character’s current position.
  • Stability: Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause a server crash when interacting with Power Armor.
PERKS
  • Exploit: Addressed an exploit related to Perk sharing.
  • Incisor: The description has been updated to correctly include “unarmed” in addition to “melee” weapons. This was only a correction of the description text and the Perk’s functionality hasn’t changed.
SOUND
  • Sound Effects: Sentry Bot gunfire sound effects no longer sometimes loop endlessly.
USER INTERFACE
  • Atomic Shop: Hazmat Suit Paints can now correctly be favorited in the Atomic Shop for use in Nuclear Winter.
  • Crafting: “Mods Unlocked” text no longer persists after switching from an item’s Modify menu to the Crafting menu while using a Workbench.
  • Localization: The name of the “Wallpapers” tab in the Atomic Shop now fits within the button in Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish versions of the game.
  • Localization: Event details on Public Event loading screens no longer appear in English in the Korean version of the game.
  • Localization: The “Mods Unlocked” text in Workbench modify menus no longer displays placeholder text in non-English versions of the game.
  • Localization: Grahm’s subtitles no longer appear in English in non-English versions of the game.
  • Pip-Boy: The Pip-Boy’s Component View no longer displays excessively large numbers after storing items in the Stash.
  • Photomode: The “Looking to the Future” Photomode Pose now correctly appears in the list of available poses for players who have unlocked it.
  • Social: Inviting or removing a friend now correctly closes the social menu pop-up.
  • Social: On Xbox, removing a friend after selecting “View Profile” from the Social menu now correctly closes the player’s profile menu.
  • Social: Removed the mute/unmute option from the Social pop-up that appears when a player selects their own account from the social menu.
  • Social: Addressed an issue that could cause the Social menu to become unresponsive when attempting to accept a friend request.
  • Social: The notification that appears after sending a friend request to another player now correctly states “Friend request received” rather than “Friend added.”
  • Social: The Social menu now closes correctly after choosing to promote a teammate to Team Leader while on a loading screen.
  • Text: Fixed typos in a variety of item names.
WORLD
  • Blackwater Mine: Added press and hold activation to mattresses found in Blackwater Mine.
  • Charleston Capitol: Adjusted the terrain in a location inside the Charleston Capitol Building where enemies could have trouble reaching the player.
  • Harpers Ferry: Fixed an issue that could prevent water from displaying correctly in a small portion of the stream near Harpers Ferry.
  • Palace of the Winding Path: Rain is no longer visible in a section of the Palace of the Winding Path’s basement.
  • Raider Cache: Adjusted a cart inside the Raider Cache during the Key to the Past questline where a player could get in but could not get out.
  • Watoga Civic Center: Fixed multiple locations that could allow players to leave the game’s playable area.
  • Whitespring Bunker: Weapons can no longer clip through the glass in the MODUS room.

I was so impressed with how bug free Outer Worlds was...I think it maybe the first game I played this year that didn't crash at all for me!

I know the loading screens were tediously long, but I'd rather have that than a buggy mess that crashes frequently.

It's such a shame that we probably won't see any sequels on Playstation.

Edited by ZenRhino
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Thank god they’re fixing the bug where the game thinks your companions are dead. I’m going to have to do a 3rd playthrough since I failed a companion gayest due to them supposedly being dead on the easiest difficulty.

Yeah, this is the only bug I've had my entire playthrough, and I've been putting off making too much progress until it's fixed. Very glad it's almost here. (Also very fortunate that I noticed the quest had fallen under Botched soon enough to load a save from just before speaking to Parvati)