KN_Kirai's Never-Ending Journey to Completion

KN_Kirai

30 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Hey, that looks familiar! :D 

Glad that you decided to make your own checklist! Looking forward to reading your reviews as well :) 

Yeah, your style as well as a few other were the ones I liked the most, so sorry if it looks like an obvious rip-off, maybe I will modify it a bit in the future. ?

I made this kinda on a hurry but I'll surely fill up the empty reviews, as well as post new ones from now on. Since I don't have much time to play anymore, I won't have problems with having too many reviews to write. ?

Added some reviews of previous games, as well as the latest platinum.

Also with this game, I finally have a momentarily 100% profile again after some time (I think ever since I started FFXV), so yeah, let's hope I can keep it this way.

59th Platinum - The Last of Us Remastered

1L351129.png

It can't be for nothing

I finally decided to play this game after it came out on PS+ last month, since I thought the MP was going to be more active in case it hadn't been; turns out it didn't really die out during the years, as I was able to get matches to play very easily compared to other games. The single player story was great, and even though I don't play many shooter games, I was able to enjoy the gameplay to the point that I didn't feel tired of it when doing two and a half playthroughs for the platinum.

Grounded difficulty wasn't that hard overall, since I had already done a NG+ playthrough at easy to finish up all collectibles, so I did it in reverse. The only difficult point where I died like 20 times was in chapter 9 with Ellie (what a surprise, right?) during the first encounter with the zombies. The whole chapter was harder than most but that bit at the start beats everything.

Oh great, another multiplayer hidden in a single player game. If you read some of my reviews for AC games, you'll know that I really don't like MPs, so I probably won't play full MP games and will only have to deal with these kinds of MP. And this was no different: I ended up doing the skip method to finish the 12 weeks quicker and got the hell out of there as soon as I was finished. The DLC trophies are easy to obtain when you have to play 168 matches for the platinum anyway, so I got almost all of them at the start, and was left only with the two gold trophies in the main game.

I'm done with single player games with MP trophies for a while, since this did tire me out quite a bit. So glad TLOU2 won't have a MP.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

Nice list ! I like when users also add some reviews/impressions for their games, it gives more personality to the checklist! 

Also congrats for Last of Us :) Also going for that mad game, it's a fun experience for sure.

Thanks! ? You're right, it does give more personality to it, but it takes time if you didn't do them as you went along, so I can understand if some people don't bother with it.

• Like 1

Little update while playing Pokemon Sword and Shield:

60th Platinum - Marvel's Spiderman

1La2014d.png

Be Greater

Well, Spiderman is my favourite superhero, so sooner or later I had to play this game. And I'm glad I did. When I started playing, I literally did nothing other than swinging through the city, and this is one of the few games I've played recently where I wouldn't proceed with the main story, not before doing every sidequest or collectible available. There aren't many games that make me do that anymore, since I usually want to enjoy the story first and do the clean up afterwards.

Since I did almost every side thing as I went along, doing 165 crimes wasn't that hard or boring (I can imagine that doing them all in one take would be a tiresome task), and since I enjoyed swinging around the city, doing every collectable wasn't too taxing either. The story was great, since I don't really know much about Spiderman comics (I only watched the movies), and I only know some of the main villains, so experiencing them firsthand was really enjoyable.

I'll come back to this game to finish the DLCs and doing a NG+ run on Ultimate difficulty, since Pokemon SS came out while I was playing it and I put it on stall for now.

• 4 weeks later...

Little update here, I've added a few reviews as well as this new platinum (some minor spoilers will be present):

61th Platinum - Life is Strange 2

1L330238.png

All Roads Traveled

As I do with almost every TV series, anime or manga that I don't directly follow or enjoy a lot, I put off playing this game until the last episode came out: the point being, I don't like waiting. And since this is a Life is Strange game, at least some of the episode were bound to finish with a plot twist cliffhanger that would leave you waiting excitedly for the next one, for months on end.

Even though I knew that no matter how good and impressive this game was, it almost certainly wouldn't live up to the first LiS in my opinion both in the story and also gameplay (it's almost identical to the first apart from Max's power), it was a good story nonetheless, one that led me to start the next episode as soon as I finished the previous one (imagine if I had to wait months in between), and wanting to see the next step in Sean and Daniel's adventure away from Seattle. The ending varies depending on what you choose at the end, but also on what choices you made overall in the story, which I thought was a nice touch to the story of the two brothers, since the whole game is about the management of Daniel's powers and the relationship between him and Sean.

It was worth the wait overall, and a nice break from "tedious" platinums.

Edited by KN_Kirai

• 1 month later...

Back from the holidays a little late, but with three new platinums:

62th Platinum - Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered

1Lccfa1c.png

Platinum Trophy

I took a break from the Assassin's Creed franchise after ACIV since I was told that this game was very similar to the previous in terms of gameplay, so I didn't want to do them back to back: that is not to say that it's a bad game in itself.

The story was actually the thing I enjoyed the most: since it revolves around an Assassin who turns Templar after some events, the plot was interesting from the start, and it turned out to be very good, including the character development of Shay and the attitude and behaviour of the Assassin's Brotherhood at that time. Now we can understand why the Assassins were almost non-present during the beginning of ACIII (since Rogue takes place a few years before ACIII).

Gameplay-wise as I said, it's very similar to ACIV with some adjustments and improvements: one thing I appreciated was the fact that you can make much more money in a lot less time than you could in ACIV, where you struggled even for the basic upgrades of the ship. The platinum also isn't very difficult, there isn't even the dreaded multiplayer, and if you have the platinum of ACIV (or all the single player trophies if you don't count the multiplayer) you can also platinum this game.

63th Platinum - Assassin's Creed Unity

1L04fa8e.png

Master Assassin

Oh boy here we go: the infamous AC Unity. The one game that almost everyone heard of when it was released, due to his bad glitches and framerate in the v1.0. Well, since then it's been patched and corrected, so it should be good to go, right? No, not at all.

First things first, they changed the battle system after three consecutive games (ACIII, ACIV and Rogue): now if you counter enemies successfully you don't oneshot them, but everything has a glimpse of RPG, so enemies have visible health bars and levels to measure their difficulty. This is a good thing because I was starting to think that in certain occasions the previous games where almost too easy if you can counter everything perfectly. So, this change in itself is positive, BUT how it was implemented and managed wasn't.

Now I can understand we are approaching the modern times, with this game being at the end of the 18th century, but was it really necessary to give EVERY FUCKING GUARD a gun? Especially if everyone in the game seems to have the Byakugan eyes from Naruto and can spot you even behind cover, and if they see you even for one millisecond in restricted areas, they won't stop looking after you. You need to move from your last seen spot because they'll go there to check, but in the mean time there are 350 other guards that will conveniently be looking your way when you move, spot you and assault you altogether. Well, there's only 350 of them, right? Of course not, they ring the fucking bell and 300 other ones come storming from the other side of Paris and start attacking you: you want to fight? No problem, there will be 50 of them trying to hit you while the stronger ones will do supersonic movements so you won't be able to counter in time, they will hit you and will proceed to attack you 50 more times because why not, while the ones that aren't attacking you directly will shoot at you. Oh and remember, the controls for this game suck hard, and if Arno is in cover you need to press X to get out of that state, but it won't go in unless you press it 30 times. Ah, did I mention that each gun shot, if you didn't improve your health or armor, two-three shot you and the sniper's hits oneshot you altogether? Yeah, try dodging 30 consecutive gunshots while you counter the enemies surrounding you. You want to escape? That's fine, they'll chase you until the end of time (while shooting at you all the time of course, otherwise where's the fun?) and you won't lose them with ordinary means unless you're very lucky.

Well at leat that's all for the bad stuff, right? HAH, think again, because here come 400+ collectibles you have to pick up for the platinum, which I won't comment on since it's well known how tiring and time-consuming that is, and the new feature in this AC, the co-op.

I did the co-op mission with my friend and I'm glad we did, because apparently some of those can be very challenging in solo; that is not to say that they're not challenging in two as well, and not for the missions per se, but for the glitches and problems in connection. As a result, the game can't keep up with what you're doing and you find yourself dead or with your health chipping away and you don't know why because you can't see the enemies, or sometimes you try to revive your teammate and as soon as you finish they die again, because the game is not registering that since it's busy trying to figure out what the hell is going on in its life. Sorry I decided to play co-op missions with other people, game.

So yeah, apart from these little issues, the story is decent and Arno is a good character, plus I'm a sucker for romance so I really enjoyed the story between Arno and Elise. Too bad for the way the game was made, it could have been one hell of a game otherwise. I guess Ubisoft wanted to make up for that by releasing the DLC for free, except it's the same old shitfest as the main game in terms of contents.

64th Platinum - Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

1L532059.png

True Survivor

I planned to play some of the Tomb Raider games sometimes in the future, and I had the chance to do so now because the same people I did Unity's co-op with decided later to get the multiplayer trophies of this game out of the way. Having been there before, I know that the sooner you get those type of trophies out of the way the better, so I joined the fun. I say the fun, but it really wasn't, and you should know by now how I feel about MP trophies if you've read my reviews.

To be fair though, this was one of the quickest and easiest MPs I had to sit through and do: almost every trophy can be done with two or three people in private matches, with some being doable even in solo, and only one needs a fourth person and has to be done in public matches. The greatest thing about it is that you can boost your MP level solo by doing private matches, something that hasn't occurred to me before in other MPs. When it's like that, it's only a matter of patience and knowing the method.

The single player was very enjoyable: the gameplay reminded me of TLoUR, even if it differs from that in some parts, and you can't not like the character of Lara Croft. Even if the story in itself isn't all that much and shooters are not my favourite type of game, I had fun playing this nonetheless.

The platinum is quite easy, there are only a few things to watch out for: apparently, you can glitch the game by fast traveling to the beach, so every time I had to do that, I'd just back up my save file in case anything happened. It didn't happen to me, but better safe than sorry.

Edited by KN_Kirai
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, KN_Kirai said:

big snip

Congrats for the platinums! I felt the same pain with AC Unity xD my lord the guards were serious trained Marines with anime powers back in the day. Honestly the DLC was even more atrocious, those guards were somehow even more overpowered...for some reason! Plus the most stealth assassin weapon ever made, THE GUILLOTINE GUN which is a grenade launcher of sorts. Fuck yeah assassins!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Congrats for the platinums! I felt the same pain with AC Unity xD my lord the guards were serious trained Marines with anime powers back in the day. Honestly the DLC was even more atrocious, those guards were somehow even more overpowered...for some reason! Plus the most stealth assassin weapon ever made, THE GUILLOTINE GUN which is a grenade launcher of sorts. Fuck yeah assassins!

Thanks!

Yeah, the DLC was worse but by that time I got kinda used to it, and for the underground enemies I somewhat almost always managed to kill the leader in time before they ganged up on me. One of the worst parts were the optional objectives that require you to not be detected: in the main game there were like two of them, somewhat manageable; in the DLC, I swear I had to repeat the first mission like 10 times, because the guards would spot me even though I was doing everything correctly because, as I said, there were like 300 of them, and one was always looking in my direction of course.

I saw some of your posts about Unity regarding the collectibles, and I totally agree: they went too overboard with them in this game. The best thing about that is if you didn't collect too many of them, and then buy the maps on the store and open the map of Paris: and then you know you're in for a treat, especially considering Arno's feud with climbing walls in a decent manner. ?

I'm playing Syndicate now, and the issue I had with the guards has been somewhat fixed, since you are able to avoid the gunshot more easily, but the Byakugan is back again: plus, this time if they find you and you escape on a roof, 9/10 times either they climb up or there's a hatch on the roof and they come out of that, even if two seconds ago they were on the ground and the building has like 3 floors. Nice!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KN_Kirai said:

Thanks!

Yeah, the DLC was worse but by that time I got kinda used to it, and for the underground enemies I somewhat almost always managed to kill the leader in time before they ganged up on me. One of the worst parts were the optional objectives that require you to not be detected: in the main game there were like two of them, somewhat manageable; in the DLC, I swear I had to repeat the first mission like 10 times, because the guards would spot me even though I was doing everything correctly because, as I said, there were like 300 of them, and one was always looking in my direction of course.

I saw some of your posts about Unity regarding the collectibles, and I totally agree: they went too overboard with them in this game. The best thing about that is if you didn't collect too many of them, and then buy the maps on the store and open the map of Paris: and then you know you're in for a treat, especially considering Arno's feud with climbing walls in a decent manner. 1f602.png

I'm playing Syndicate now, and the issue I had with the guards has been somewhat fixed, since you are able to avoid the gunshot more easily, but the Byakugan is back again: plus, this time if they find you and you escape on a roof, 9/10 times either they climb up or there's a hatch on the roof and they come out of that, even if two seconds ago they were on the ground and the building has like 3 floors. Nice!

Oh Syndicate is a way, way better game than Unity. It's abit weird in the beginning and the fact that guards pop like lemmings from the hatches is hilarious but once you unlock the rope launcher and some stealth skills you can just Batman exit scene right xD plus the climbing is so much better, the story, the combat and...well let's say Syndicate is better and you'll enjoy it more! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Oh Syndicate is a way, way better game than Unity. It's abit weird in the beginning and the fact that guards pop like lemmings from the hatches is hilarious but once you unlock the rope launcher and some stealth skills you can just Batman exit scene right xD plus the climbing is so much better, the story, the combat and...well let's say Syndicate is better and you'll enjoy it more! 

Yes it is better, I was expecting no less after Unity, and the rope launcher is like the best thing ever made: while it took you a while to climb a building for the viewpoint in the previous games, because we all know that sometimes (almost all the time) the characters get stuck while climbing even if they shouldn't, in this one you just shoot the rope and the character even climbs automatically all the way to the top. Needless to say, I've been using it a lot: it's not as quick as you would initially think (because you're not Spider-Man) but yes, you can escape the enemies pretty quickly and easily, Batman style.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

While I'm playing FFIX and cursing whoever decided to come up with the dreaded method of play of the Tetra Master card game, because I have to win 100 matches for a trophy, I guess I can squeeze out a review of my latest platinum:

65th Platinum - Assassin's Creed Syndicate

1Lb1d6ab.png

Master Assassin

Coming after a little break from Unity, this game was a breath of fresh air: the gameplay got a little bit modified from the Unity one, and for the better this time. They fixed almost all the problems and issues I had with Unity, because even though the almighty Byakugan eyes are still around the corner, they're a lot more manageable this time around.

You can feel the RPG mechanics seeping into the AC franchise more and more with this title because now we have levels for the main characters as well, and they determine the difficulty of the missions and the taking down of the enemies: the more you progress and gain levels, the more easier it is to complete your tasks; I guess I don't have to explain what a RPG game consists of.

So as I said, this time around even though the amount of enemies that gang up on you may at times be reminding you of the trauma experienced back in Unity, the most annoying thing that was enemies shooting at you all the time has been somewhat fixed in the sense that now it's very easy to dodge the bullets: just press triangle when it prompts on screen, even while you're running away, and you'll dodge everything. I can't even begin to tell you how pleasing doing that was: take that, Unity french guards! Oh, I guess they're not in this game, what a bummer.

One thing though: is it just me, or does this game have VEEEEEEEERY long loading times? I don't know if it's my PS4 Pro HDD that has finally had enough of working (which I doubt), because it felt like I was staying in the usual Animus thing-y you're in while the game loads for longer than any other AC game before. I guess with AC Origins I'll be noticing even more since I think it's like FFXV, where there aren't that many loading screens, so when you get one, it has to load everything (or more than the usual), so without a SSD you're going to stay there a while. Oh boy.

I enjoyed the characters a lot: Jacob always made me laugh almost every time he opened his mouth, and Evie wasn't much less as well. Their development as they experience the problems in London and work with other assassins to solve them is remarkable, and while this was the point where Ubisoft was releasing one AC game per year, and you can see that because the story isn't very flashed out like some of the previous ones and the story in the present time is almost non-existent, it was a good experience overall nonetheless. I guess after Unity you can't go worse.

The work for the platinum wasn't that hard at all: no co-op or MP bullshit trophies, no glitched trophies to be wary of, everything was doable with a bit of effort, even though there were some grindy pretty useless ones (looking at you, Without a Grudge). Still, nothing too difficult: in fact, the rarity of the platinum isn't that high in comparison with other AC games.

I guess I'll be done with the AC franchise for a while, even though I've already installed Origins: not sure if the next one's gonna be FFIX either, I might want to wait for it to be the 75th, we'll see.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well I guess it's been a while since I posted something in here, so I thought I'd put out an update, if anyone cares.

Lately after finishing FFIX I've stopped playing for a while, and since I had 5-6 weeks of "break" until Persona 5 Royal and FF7 Remake come out, I've decided to enter a hiatus on gaming and maybe watch some TV series I've been putting on hold for months. And no, I can't do both because, well, life and work and all that (really not) good stuff. As anybody working full time knows, when you come home from work you have little time to do anything and you have to be selective. I'm already looking forward to managing the play times of those aforementioned games when they come out 10 days apart from each other. I know I've already played Persona 5 but I've seen like two trailer and it seems like it's another game entirely, and FF7 Remake is, well, FF7 Remake.

Plus after finishing some TV series, I suddenly felt the need to proceed with a little project of mine that's been going on for some years now regarding the Pokemon franchise of buying what games I don't have and completing them in order, and that includes completing the Pokedex of course. I've also been forming a Living Dex on Gen VI, now that Pokemon HOME has been released, and I'm about 80% done. All of that while living in Italy and right where the Covid-19 virus is spreading, but still going to work because even though they're closing all the country, they're still not closing the workplaces.

And I guess I can squeeze out a review on FFIX while I'm at it, and before I forget what to say about it.

66th Platinum - Final Fantasy IX

1L3c573a.png

Heroes of Gaia

This is the third time I've played FFIX: the first was on a PSX emulator, the second was the Remastered version on Steam, and now on PS4. So I know one thing or two about this game.

I guess I could say it's one of my favourite FFs along with VII, VIII and X, since I really liked the story and also the gameplay: the fact that you can use abilities only while you have the right piece of equipment on, unless you fully learn it and then you can freely use it, was a different change of gameplay from the previous games, and I like the concept overall. The trance, though, I don't like as much: it's like a limit break, but when it activates you can't decide to store it for when you want to use it, and expires when the battle is over, so your gameplay strategies cannot rely on Trance most of the time.

The story is really good: it's not my absolute favourite but I like it enough to play it multiple times and the characters are likeable, you don't get tired if you play it again after a while; at least I don't. And of course, the reason of this replay is the platinum: since I have my fair share of FF platinums, sooner or later I was going to get this one too.

And here's the thing: this game has a trophy list that contains some troublesome trophies. When I played it on Steam along with VII and VIII, all the achievement lists back there contained some that required more effort than usual and where removed from the trophy lists on PS4: I remember Materia Overlord from VII was removed, and was one of the easily missable ones because it required you to max all types of materia, and many of them are missable permanently; the best ones are on VIII though, with Contrived Finish that required you to clear the game without leveling up Squall, or defeating 10k enemies (Heh, we'll come back to that) on one save file only, and you're lucky if you defeated more than 1k after the story is over. All the troublesome achievements (which I did on Steam, one way or the other) were removed on the PS4 lists, but not FFIX. Fun fact is, VIII came after but got things removed anyway. Oh well.

So what are these troublesome trophies? Well for starters, the Bloodlust trophy that requires you to kill 10k enemies: the same thing from VIII applies here as well, but unlike on Steam, Sony didn't implement a counter for these specific trophies. At least on Steam you could see how many enemies you had defeated; here instead, you just have to continue killing random monsters until you hit 10k.

Now, we all agree that these kinds of trophies are pointless, don't we? I really don't see the point in it unless it's been made to make players play more of the game: point is, they removed the trophy for killing 1k enemies (which was kept on VIII btw), which was more balanced since that's around the number of enemies you defeat in a playthrough, while keeping the 10k instead. And the reason I keep mentioning "in a playthrough" is because if you start a new game, the progress of this trophy doesn't carry over: there's no NG+ in any way.

So you want the platinum and you can't be asked to run around for like 15-20 hours encountering monsters with absolutely no other reason or in-game reward other than the trophy itself and, well, the platinum overall: now's when the good things come into play. Why? Because somebody found a way to bypass this hassle by using an autoscript that lets you keep killing monsters while you're AFK doing something else, and I can explain how since I have done it myself. Basically, the in-game cheats that the PS4 version already has enables you to speed the game up to four times the normal speed, while having an auto-battle function and a boost that renders you almost invincible during battle. All you need to do is rubber band your controller so that Zidane keeps running in circles (keeping L1 or R1 pressed as well, so that it's harder for him to get stuck on something in the overworld), and the battles will go on without you doing nothing else... except for the menus that pop up at the end of the battles, for which you need to press X to continue. That's when the autoscript comes into play: by doing remote play to your PC from your PS4, you can download a script that automatically presses Enter every half a second, which corrisponds to pressing X in the game. Et voilà, you can get 10k kills done in like 15 hours while being AFK.

What's the problem with this method? There is no "problem" because it works, but there's always a "moral" problem with people that use it to get the trophy, and people who didn't use it and did it legitimately. I've already read threads on this forum about it, so all I have to say is: how one plays their game is up to them, if I don't want to waste 15 hours of my time and decide to use a script, that's up to me, as long as I don't openly cheat or get in the way of others in the leaderboard and stuff. If there's an easy way out, it's not that you're a fool if you don't take it, not in this case; but we're talking about games, and about a digital trophy that has little to nothing to do with how good you are at the game, so cut me and everyone that used the script some slack.

The other troublesome trophy that they kept in this version and has a script similar to the previous one is Hail to the King: yes, you know what I'm talking about. And yes, I used the script on this trophy as well, because 1) there is no way my reflexes are good enough to keep jumping at different paces for like 7-8 minutes, and 2) I think the game itself makes it hard for you to keep jumping because of the framerate or whatnot, but that was on the Steam version, so I don't know about this one. Yes, there are people who did it legitimately but unlike them, I didn't master Ultra Instinct yet, and I don't have time to waste practicing on a minigame that, once again, as little to no use in the game. Sue me, yell at me, I don't care.

Oh, but we haven't talk about Tetra Master yet, have we? For the purists among the two of you that enter this thread by accident and are still willing to read through this wall of text review and are already disgusted by all the script using I've been doing, fear not, those times are over. Now it's time to call out the worst card minigame the world has ever seen. I'm kidding, of course... or am I?

Where do I even start with this... I'm going to do a bad thing, and compare Triple Triad of FFVIII with FFIX's own Tetra Master; yeah, the utmost disrespect to Triple Triad, but bear with me. If you played VIII, you'll know that Triple Triad is not essential to complete the game, but it's a fundamental part of the gameplay system, since the cards you win can be refined into objects or magics, and you can become really overpowered within the first few hours of the game. And it's very fun to play, if you ignore some of the rules that come later in the game. What I'm saying is, that card minigame has a purpose other than just enjoying a card game, because you can gain so much by it.

I'm not saying that all minigames that don't have any other purpose than their main one are bad, of course: there are some that you can enjoy playing just for the fun of it, even more so than the main game sometimes. Well, that is NOT the case (for me, anyway) of Tetra Master.

Unlike the Triple Triad, Tetra Master does not have a single purpose in the game it so unfortunately resides in, apart from its lore of being the only card game people in that world play, and does not net you any special reward or trophy for playing it, winning matches or collecting all the cards: the only thing I can think of is the Rebirth Ring if you win the Card Tournament in Treno. Oh well, like I said, a minigame doesn't necessarily have to be useful to the player: at least it's fun to play, right? HAH, yeah about as fun as to play with a stick up your ass while sitting.

Why do I say that? Because almost everything in the game is based on the good ol' RNG, so you can't even use logic most of the time, and most of the time you'll think you have this in the bag, but it turns out you don't, and you can't even do anything to prevent your imminent demise: it's RNG, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Well, then I guess there's no reason to play it if you don't enjoy it. Yes, that would be the case if not for another one of those troublesome trophies, one of which requires you to win ONE HUNDRED Tetra Master matches with, and here's the great part, DIFFERENT people. That means you can't play against one single person and win 100 times, no no no: you have to win against 100 different people.

Now imagine me trying to win those fucking 100 matches in the post game (because I couldn't be asked to play even one single match apart from the Card Tournament in the story, of course), which you can do fortunately, since there are more than 100 different people that are available to play, losing most of the time because the game is pure shit and cursing its very own maker. Not a good scene I assure you. There is no script for this trophy as I mentioned before (or at least that I know of), but believe me, had there been a way to get these matches done quickly, you can bet your ass I would've used it instantly. I could debate whether or not use the script for Hail to the King, but I wouldn't waste a minute on this matter. Fuck this minigame.

With those out of the way, the rest are just normal trophies coupled with some missables, but nothing too difficult once you get used to the game. I guess I can put Track Star and Found in the Shuffle in the honorable mentions of troublesome trophies, but nothing too difficult as the previous mentioned cases.

Well, this was one long review; I guess if you didn't pass out while reading it, it's because either you don't care about others or yourself using scripts, or you do and you're just dying to crucify me and a few other as well. If you're the latter, I'd say you could use your anger against far worse cases of script-using than these ones, but that's just me. If nothing, I don't regret a single thing I've done: I've played the game without using boosters to cheese the boss battles (on all three playthroughs) and I'm okay with having used scripts for those trophies, but of course I don't need to justify how I play games to anyone, nor should anyone else.

Edited by KN_Kirai
  • Like 1

This was a great review for the trophies and I didn't realize how many would be such a pain over the few that I saw on the list. The card game ones say you can go back after the game finishes to rack up more plays against the same people...does it mean there is more people available at the end or you can replay people?

FFIX is my favorite game in the series, played it at least 3 times on PSX then once on steam and thought I'd get it to platinum on PS4. Looking through the list I was like ok this doesn't seem too bad...until I got 1 hour into the game and tried the jump rope mini game trophies. After spending sometime to get to the 100 trophy at least, this really soured it for me. This trophy is ridiculous and anyone that got it without script assistance is a robot.

Another annoying trophy, but not hard is Movie Critic, just need to keep track and follow a guide, if you want to do this in 2 playthroughs rather than 3 at least. Some other games have come up and I haven't had a chance to return to this, but I would probably use scripting at least for the jump rope trophy.

Was the speedrun trophy difficult to reach the time?

Sounds like the virus has been pretty rough out there in Italy, hope you stay healthy through it.

Edited by Grotz99
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

This was a great review for the trophies and I didn't realize how many would be such a pain over the few that I saw on the list. The card game ones say you can go back after the game finishes to rack up more plays against the same people...does it mean there is more people available at the end or you can replay people?

Thank you! Regarding the card trophies, I did all 100 different matches on Disc 4, but I started with 3 wins since I had done the Card Tournament in Treno. Even if you don't win, there are a few more than 100 different people you can challenge to a card game on Disc 4, meaning you can't miss that trophy even if you wait until the end. To get it you have to win against 100 different people, but if you win some games before the end of the game you might end up challenging a person you have already defeated, and I'm pretty sure they don't count towards the total. What I suggest is, either start working towards this trophy from the very start of the game, challenging and winning against everybody available: this way, you'll get the trophy on around Disc 2 I believe. Or, you wait until the very end like I did, searching every city. There should be a list of all the 100+ people available on Disc 4 on the net.

...Or play how often you want if you actually enjoy the card game, of course.

Another annoying trophy, but not hard is Movie Critic, just need to keep track and follow a guide, if you want to do this in 2 playthroughs rather than 3 at least. Some other games have come up and I haven't had a chance to return to this, but I would probably use scripting at least for the jump rope trophy.

Yes, when I went for completion I haven't missed that trophy once, but it's very easy to miss if you don't follow the guide precisely, especially in some areas where the order you watch the ATEs in matters.

Was the speedrun trophy difficult to reach the time?

It's not if you use the 4x speed booster most of the time. Plus on the Steam and PS4 versions, unlike the original PSX one, you can skip cutscenes by pausing the game and select Skip. You could do it on the PSX as well but you needed to open the CD cover to make it work. With that and the booster you'll reach Memoria in about 5-6 hours.

Of course, if you don't want to use the in-game boosters it'll be harder, it's up to how you want to do it.

Overall, if you follow the guide on this site or PlaystationTrophies you should be good.

Sounds like the virus has been pretty rough out there in Italy, hope you stay healthy through it.

Thanks man, I've been safe so far and hope to stay that way.

Well that was a good read ? 

First of all... congrats on the plat! This one is without a doubt my favorite Final Fantasy that comes with a trophy list (otherwise I guess it might be tied with Final Fantasy VI...). 

22 hours ago, KN_Kirai said:

What's the problem with this method? There is no "problem" because it works, but there's always a "moral" problem with people that use it to get the trophy, and people who didn't use it and did it legitimately. I've already read threads on this forum about it, so all I have to say is: how one plays their game is up to them, if I don't want to waste 15 hours of my time and decide to use a script, that's up to me, as long as I don't openly cheat or get in the way of others in the leaderboard and stuff.

Well, you might have come across me stating my opinion on using scripts or allowing encouraging their use on this page... But having an opinion on these methods doesn't mean that I will judge a person for using them! You are absolutely right, how you use your time is up to you ? It's a choice one has to make, and I have farmed kills AFK in, say, Helldivers by physically rubberbanding my controller. But using external scripts.. I dunno, I guess I then start posing the question where the limit is. But that's a discussion for another time. 

In any case, Bloodlust is, in my opinion, one of the worst trophies I have ever earned. There is absolutely no reason for asking a player to waste 15 hours running around in Gizarmaluke's Grotto killing low-level enemies. And that's 15 hours at 4x speed! 

Also, I didn't even remember having to play 100 Tetra Master matches... But then again... Am I the only crazy person to actually like that game? ? Reading your review, though, it really sounds a bit excessive.. maybe I kept playing throughout my playthrough instead of grinding those matches in the end and wasn't burned out thanks to that. But maybe it just paled in comparison to the absolute worst grind that was Bloodlust

Man, stay safe over there... It hasn't affected us as much yet here in Switzerland, I hope the restrictions imposed on you are bearable. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Well that was a good read 1f603.png 

First of all... congrats on the plat! This one is without a doubt my favorite Final Fantasy that comes with a trophy list (otherwise I guess it might be tied with Final Fantasy VI...).

Thank you ? I've played FFVI too on Steam and it's one of the FFs I wish they'd bring on PS4 with a trophy list, or even make a remake altogether... I guess that's a bit too much to ask now that they're busy with FFVII's remake ?  But I'd like to see it someday.

21 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Well, you might have come across me stating my opinion on using scripts or allowing encouraging their use on this page... But having an opinion on these methods doesn't mean that I will judge a person for using them! You are absolutely right, how you use your time is up to you 1f642.png It's a choice one has to make, and I have farmed kills AFK in, say, Helldivers by physically rubberbanding my controller. But using external scripts.. I dunno, I guess I then start posing the question where the limit is. But that's a discussion for another time. 

In the end, it really comes down to what and how much you do that's different from what you consider "normal" (given that you define what "normal" is, and that could be subjective too). Talking specifically about this trophy, all you are really doing with the script is being able to press X repeatedly without you actually press the button to send the input, because the rest are just in-game cheats and rubberbanding the controller: which means, you could do without the script if you're willing to sit there and just press X whenever the battle ends. You could do it with a turbo controller even, I think, but I saw posts of people who were against those as well, basically anything "foreign" to the usual method of play.

Like you said, it's a matter of defining where the limit is, under the specific circumstances of the situation. And I think in this case, given the purpose of the trophy itself, it's not that bad: keep in mind that time-wise you're not really changing much, because other than the 4x speed in-game booster, you're not changing the time needed to reach 10k kills. It really depends on the situation too: if, say, someone came up with a method to drastically speed up the no-deaths run of Super Meat Boy, or making them trivial via the use of a script, of course people who did them legitimately are going to be absolutely mad about it, since you're effectively "cheating" because you could say that the ratio effort / time spent is totally different in each case. I would not want to be the maker of the script in that case ?

38 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Also, I didn't even remember having to play 100 Tetra Master matches... But then again... Am I the only crazy person to actually like that game? 1f602.png Reading your review, though, it really sounds a bit excessive.. maybe I kept playing throughout my playthrough instead of grinding those matches in the end and wasn't burned out thanks to that. But maybe it just paled in comparison to the absolute worst grind that was Bloodlust.

I may have exaggerated my reaction towards Tetra Master... may ? The fact that you spread the matches throughout your playthrough may have helped instead of condensing everything in the end, but even doing the latter could be a nice experience... if the game was enjoyable. To me at least. Even if there's a bit of maths involved, it's too much RNG for me.

I don't know if you're familiar with how the card stats are calculated, if not, here's how: If you remember each card has a value of, for example, 0P00: the first value is the attack, the second value determines whether the attack is physical or magical, and the last two are physical and magical defense. The problem is that the number you see is not the "real" value the card has; or better, the stat in itself is hexadecimal, the value you can see is the one in the 16's column and you can't see the value in the 1's column. I guess I don't need to tell a mathematician that this means that if your card has 1 in attack, it means that its real attack can go from 16 to 31 ? so there's already your RNG factor popping out.

But what's the problem? If my card has, say, 3 in attack and the opponent's corrispondent defense is 2, regardless of how those parameters are really calculated, it seems that I'm always going to win in a confrontation: if nothing, it's even more clear now because those values are now differing by 16 at least, and not 1 as one could've thought previously. You could argue that it's even pointless to know what the hidden value is unless the seen value is the same...

Well, that would be the case if it wasn't for the fact that when two cards "clash" and the game calculates who's going to win, the game picks a random number for each card, going from 0 to the actual value of the card (so if my card has 47 in attack, the random number goes from 0 to 47) and takes it away from the actual value, and the result is the stat that's actually used in battle: this means that if I have 255 (FF) in attack, and my opponent's corrispondent defense is 3, if my random number is 254 and the opponent's one is 1, I can actually lose the confrontation, and keep in mind that the values on the cards I'd be seeing would be F and 0. Imagine losing to a 0 defense card with an F attack card ?

Now, the example I used is really extreme and the probability of the random number being the few ones that would make it a loss against that card is negligible, but I can tell you that more often than not I was losing to a card with a value way lower than mine. Again, it's RNG, so you have to deal with it.

Fun fact, on Steam I actually tried to mod the cards with a cheat engine, making them all FAFF which isn't a reachable value for most of the low-tier cards. I did some matches and noticed that some of the cards I used now had the value, 0AFF or FA0F or FAF0, and now I understood why: when you complete a match, there's a chance that the cards you used "level" up by incrementing the hidden values in the 1's column. When it becomes higher than 15 it carries over and you see a change in the visibile digit. I think the modding only made the visible value F, so when my cards leveled up and reached FF (maybe because that card was not meant to max out at F) surpassing it, it would overflow and go back to 0. I guess they didn't intend to fix the overflow for cards who wouldn't normally reach the max value ?

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Man, stay safe over there... It hasn't affected us as much yet here in Switzerland, I hope the restrictions imposed on you are bearable.

Thanks, the restrictions are not that hard for now, it just means you can't go to other places without a good reason (good reason being work or disease-related, of course). For someone who normally only goes to work and spends the rest of the time at home or occasionally going out somewhere, it's not that bad ? But those restrictions are needed if we want to isolate the disease spread and reduce the effect. I really hope that it won't spread to many other places, or that the people in charge will make the right decisions as quickly as needed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, as well as the lockdown has NOT been going for a lot of people around the world, not being able to go outside without an important reason, I happen to be a person who already spends most of his time either at work or at home, with some going out when necessary or when I want to meet with my friends obviously, so speaking only in terms of movement restrictions I haven't been affected that much. In fact, I mostly worked at home or didn't at all, having more time to spend on hobbies like, of course, videogames. If only this weren't a lockdown for a pandemic virus that has killed a lot of people, I'd say it came in handy since I managed to play some games that got released in this period better than I would've done had I been working like usual. But it is, so I'll just say that I've been lucky not to have had close casualties and move on from that.

So the big games we're talking about are Persona 5 Royal and Final Fantasy VII Remake of course, two games I've been waiting quite some time for; the hype for these two was so great that I had pre-ordered the limited edition for both of them and of course I planned to start playing them on release day. It's rare that I play a game on release day, since most of the time I'm playing games from my backlog that have been out for some time, so of course when two of those type of games exist, they come out 10 days apart from each other: because I have time to play both, right? Well, because of the lockdown as said before, I managed to finish P5R (the longer one of course was being released first) just in time for FF7R's release day, so no biggie, but next time I won't be so "lucky".

Also before I realized I now have four reviews to do, sigh... Let's get this over with.

*FANBOY RAMBLING AHEAD, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED*

67th Platinum - Persona 5 Royal

1Lc50cb2.png

The Phenomenal Phantom Thief

Now, as the day I'm writing this post I still haven't gotten around writing the reviews for Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 because if you've been reading this thread for some time you'll know, I am a lazy person and even though I can write some TL;DR reviews, those are most of the time about games that had something in them I had to bitch and rant about. Persona games, on the other hand, I absolutely adore, so since it's something positive it'll take a greater amount of time to think what to write instead of just writing out of instinct.

Saying that I loved Persona 5 when I first played it would be and understatement: I came from Persona 4 Golden as my first Persona game, and that alone was great even though it was on PSVita and did not have the Japanese dub (and I reaaaaally prefer japanese dub over any other dub, even italian). So when I played Persona 5 on PS3 (didn't have a PS4 yet) with improved game mechanics like backup party members that still earned exp or the Japanese dub with fucking Mamoru Miyano and other voice actors (those who know from Steins;Gate, know), along with the enjoyable characters, the fantastic story and soundtrack of course, I knew I was in for a ride. And boy did Atlus deliver. It's safe to say that P5 was one of my favourite games on PlayStation, no questions asked.

Then comes the announcement for Persona 5 Royal, an improved version of Persona 5 just like Golden was for P4, with the usual third semester and some other additions. The real question was: can Atlus make Persona 5 even better than it already is with this "update"? Answer: yes they fucking can. And then some.

I don't know if you watched the trailers for Royal: I watched maybe one or two of them, and I did not see one thing that came from the old version. Not one. Everything I saw was new, like it was a completely different game with the same style and characters. Ever since it came out in Japan I tried to avoid spoilers on YouTube videos or whatnot, so I didn't know too much about the new stuff, apart from the new character Kasumi and a few of the things added.

I've played it for 130 hours or so, and even though most of it is the same as Persona 5 since the major changes occur towards the end of the game, there was never a moment when I was playing where I thought that I couldn't be bothered to proceed due to being bored because I had already played the game. And I played for about 10 hours a day every day. That's how much I enjoyed a game that was not new to me and had been improved to be even better than it was. That's how you do an "updated" version of a game: by already having a great game and improving it where possible while adding some thing that do not disrupt in any way the story or the previous character development while still offering a good reason to buy the game one more time without fail, not by changing the story a little bit and copy-pasting 90% of the previous game without changing and correcting the dialogues and making you pay full price for a poor designed sequel because you have to make one core game a year for whatever reason (looking at you here GameFreak about Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon).

The story was already great, the characters were already memorables and enjoyable to see interact with one another, the gameplay was great and the OSTs were amazing. How could they improve it even further? By adding the third semester with another bit of story that starts developing in between the old one since the beginning of the game, by adding two characters that can resonate with the old cast and become a few of the most memorable ones with their character development, by improving some features like recharging the bullets after every fight and not after every Metaverse journey, and by adding EVEN MORE amazing soundtracks to the old ones.

For example as in Golden, they added a new OST, Take Over, when you ambush the enemy instead of the normale battle theme, Last Surprise; I loved Last Surprise, but while playing I was making sure to always ambush the enemies to hear Take Over instead of Last Surprise, and sometimes I was getting almost pissed (ironically speaking) when I couldn't manage to do it and was "forced" to hear Last Surprise. That was the situation and again, I still love Last Surprise. I just love Take Over more.

After that unnecessary comment about the OSTs, we can talk about the platinum, which was a bit of a pain in the ass both for P4G and P5 because of having to max out every Social Link and Stat while reading all books, completing the Compendium and other things and having to go for a NG+ playthrough in case you didn't do those requirements in NG. Surprisingly, the trophy list for P5R is a lot more forgiving than the P5 one since it only requires one playthrough, and most of the more difficult trophies were cut out.

Now, I did the first playthrough blind of course, and I managed to max out every Confidant apart from three because I didn't feel like it, but I totally could've done it if I wanted to, and there's not even the trophy for it anymore. Even if I couldn't, I wouldn't have minded doing another playthrough like I did for the two previous games, but I'm not angry about the fact that the trophy list isn't as hard as it was: it's gonna get a pretty high completion percentage, but I don't care about it. I don't need trophies to do another playthrough if I want to, especially if the game is as good as this; it's going to be a bit problematic though for the amount of hours that it takes to clear.

At the end of this messy review, I probably didn't write all I wanted to say, but it's gonna get even messier and I'm just gonna repeat the same thing two thousand times while adding a new bit every now and then, so I just have one thing left to say: even if Kasumi is great, Futaba is still the best girl; I will not accept anything else.

Let the Great Waifu War begin.

68th Platinum - Final Fantasy VII Remake

1Lfeaf2f.png

Master of Fate

It's real, ladies and gentlemen, and it's right in front of us: the remake of the great Final Fantasy VII which fans have wanted to see since ever, it's finally here. I myself have been eager to see even a glimpse of what it could've been, let alone play it, ever since I played the original a few years ago: and if I'm this hyped, I can only imagine how hyped the diehard nostalgic fans that played it in 1997 are. Because let's face it, even if you're worried because of what Square has been doing for the past few years, you cannot not be waiting to finally see, in full HD, in all of their glory, Tifa's boobs the world of FFVII and its characters.

Now, how was it really? Did it live up to the fans' expectations? Was it good? Was it worth it? Did you really have to buy 90 euros of limited edition for just the first of however many parts there will be and we will not see until we are old and unable to play games? The answer to those question (yes, even to the last one) is yes, at least for me.

The problem with this is that, as with anything, not everyone wants the game to be done in a specific universal way: some people want to have a remake that takes from the original and improves it with better graphics and expands the story and the events that take place in the original without disrupting it or changing it too much, while some people, more attached to the original game, want a game that faithfully resembles the old one. I am with the former people: I enjoyed the original but I didn't want to play just a "remaster" of it, since the original needed some adjustment and improvement to better suit the recent times.

One of the main issue is the gameplay: ever since FF13 (FF12 too, but I haven't played it yet) the series abandoned the turn-based or ATB-based combat system opting more and more for an action-based one. The fans' opinions and preferences are divided here too, but I think Square did a pretty good job with it, since the combat system is similar to FF13's with the fluidity of FF15, there are ATB bars that need to be charged in order to perform abilities and spells, but regular attacks can still be done regardless of them, so you're not standing still or moving around like a moron while waiting for the ATB to charge (a few times you still are, but that's besides the point). It can be frustrating at first, but when you begin to familiarize and getting used to it, it becomes very easy and enjoyable to play.

Since this is only part of the entire game, featuring "only" Midgar, they had the possibility to expand that part of the game and change and improve some interactions between characters, or add new characters and events while still maintaing the overall core of the main story. And so they did. I'm really happy and satisfied with how this was done, especially since I thought they were gonna cut a lot of the stuff due to censorship or other things.

Since it's a remake, it's safe to assume that the story isn't 1:1 with the original one: the main theme is the same, how it's executed varies, especially since there are some parts that weren't present in the old game. How good that has been depends on what type of fan you are, as mentioned above: if you wanted a faithful newer version of the original FFVII, then this game is probably not what you were looking for.

Without spoiling what happens, I can say that in my opinion they managed to do a pretty good job with it: they didn't ruin anything, I was satisfied when I finished the first playthrough and I expect great things from Part 2 seeing how Part 1 was done: one thing for certain though, I won't be able to complain much if Part 2 turns out to be trash because by the time it comes out I'll be a rusty old man with little to no energy left to be spent on rambling about a bad game.

There's one thing to say, though: the English translation sucks ASS. I played it with the Japanese dub and English subtitles, and even if I don't speak Japanese, I know some words and sentences so I could tell that the subs were not matching the dub more often than not, especially one sentence in particular at the end of the game. Plus I didn't like the English dub to begin with when I played the demo, but that's just me.

Platinum-wise there's not much to address, apart from some minigames that proved to be a bit more difficult than what I initially thought they would be, and the fact that I have played Chapter 9 two million times over because a lot of trophies need you to pass through that chapter: those who played it will remember which boss is present, and have the same shiver down their spine as I have every time I think about it.

The hard mode at first can be quite intimidating with how it's presented, but once you get the hang of it and start having some good characters with good weapons and abilities, it's not that hard clearing one chapter after another, apart from a few bosses that sometimes really test your patience. It's recommended you do the last challenge as soon as you possibly can in order to get the accessory that really simplifies a lot of boss battles and the hard mode in general.

Last note: there's a playlog that you can see once you finish the game for the first time that tells you the stats of the game: how many enemies you've encountered, how many you've analyzed and stuff like that. There's not much to gain for 100%ing it since there's no in-game reward nor trophy for it, but it's always nice to complete a checklist when you can, isn't it? The only thing is, I hadn't analyzed many enemies and I would've needed to play Chapter 9 AGAIN in order to complete it, so I decided to put it off for now: maybe I'll do a playthrough some time in the future and that'll be the occasion to complete the playlog.

...Except I did it almost right after I got the platinum because when my OCD interferes constructively with my desire to do something, I can do nothing about it except submit to the facts. So yeah, 100% on the playlog, yay!

So yeah, I really enjoyed this return to Midgar, and can't wait to (but will have to, unfortunately) play Part 2 some time in the future. Until then, we'll just have to either go back and play the original again, or play once more Part 1. Or both.

Edited by KN_Kirai
  • Like 2

Let's get the latest games out of the way before I forget:

69th Platinum - Assassin's Creed Liberation HD

1L5f9436.png

Platinum Trophy

I intended to play this game before ACIV since it kind of comes with ACIII but never got around to play it until now, and coming back to it after playing some of the later games in the franchise wasn't really a good idea, but what can you do.

The story is pretty basic and short, the platinum isn't hard if you're playing or PS3 (or PS4) as you don't have to engage the MP on PSVita, there's just a lot of collectibles and side missions; but if you did the collectibles in Unity, then these are not too bad.

Other than that, I guess it was nice to play as a woman for a change (except I've played Syndicate so it's not really new stuff), but you need to get used to the three main "persona" outfits: I started the game and then paused it for some time only to come back without restarting and at first I tried every time to climb buildings with the Lady persona wondering why I wasn't able to.

70th Platinum - Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight

1L2083de.png

Dancing in Starlight

Not much to say here, it's just a rhythm game of Persona 5: if you like Persona 5, you'll enjoy playing the OSTs and see some bonus interactions between the main characters. There really isn't much else and the platinum is pretty simple, even playing the some of the songs on hard isn't difficult once you get to enable some support modifiers, and I enjoyed swapping outfits and accessories and have the characters dressed like clowns for the most part.

Looking forward to play P3 Dancing in Moonlight and P4 Dancing All Night, the latter of which seems to also have a story mode unlike the other two.

71th Platinum - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered

1L54495c.png

Platinum

Ah, the Uncharted series: I'm not a fan nor do I play too many shooter games, but sooner or later I knew I would play this game since all the good things I heard about it. It's good, and considering that this is only the first one, I can tell that the series will probably only get better with the sequels. But the platinum, or should I say the 100%, is a fucking pain in the ass.

Let's start from the beginning: being the amateur that I am with shooting games and the fact that aiming with a controller is, more often than not, not as good as you would with a PC mouse, I completed the first run on Normal difficulty while enjoying the story, collecting more than half of the treasures and realizing mid-way that it would've saved me one more run had I played on Hard or Crushing from the start. But on the other hand I probably wouldn't have kept my sanity, so I'm happy I did not.

Why is it faster to start with a harder difficulty? Well for starters, to get the 100% you need to finish the game at least twice: once on Crushing and once on Brutal, since Brutal isn't unlocked at the start, but only after you beat the game on Crushing. Crushing difficulty is, unsurprisingly, very hard, where most enemies will kill you with 2-3 shots and take much more ammo to kill if you don't headshot them; plus, they seem to run on caffeine most of the time and will run towards you while shooting, making you switch cover place or kill them with blind fire... or die.

The important thing is that this game has some tweaks unlocked after beating the game that enable you to simplify other runs on the same or lower difficulty by, for example, giving you infinite ammo or making you oneshot almost every enemy; and being the incredible SOB that I am, you bet your ass I was gonna use them. But what's the problem? Well, there's two: one, the tweaks cannot be enabled on speedruns or on a difficulty you haven't previously beaten; two, to unlock the most significant ones (infinite ammo and oneshot kill) you need to have beaten the game on Hard.

The first problem isn't really one because there's a workaround that lets you enable the tweaks even on a difficulty you haven't beaten, so it's ok; the real problem was that I had finished the first run on Normal and I wasn't willing to play on Crushing at all. So again, being the asshole that I am, I played on Hard first to unlock the tweaks, and then on Crushing and Brutal, BOTH with tweaks enabled. And even with those some points in the game were still a challenge.

Now, Crushing difficulty is hard, but I think it's somewhat acceptable: you're gonna die many times, especially if you don't use tweaks, but by persevering it can be done. Brutal difficulty? That mode can go fuck itself. I had to go through that difficulty by spamming blind fire from cover because even the early enemies kill you in two shots, and unless you're using the corner trick (and sometimes you just can't) going out of cover to shoot will instantly result in you dying, because the enemies can hit you in between the eyes with a fucking pistol from 5 km. Even then, if you don't have tweaks enable you can't just keep spamming blind fire because you're gonna run out of ammo, and in this mode ammo drops aren't as frequent as other modes, and you most likely will not kill the enemy that will go around and hit you in the back, two-shotting you. I really don't want to think what it would be like to play Brutal mode without tweaks, since it can't be described as a "fair" difficulty mode, because spending two hours at minimum on one shooting sequence only to finally manage to get past it and get stuck again on the next one for another two hours, even if the game isn't that long, is not what I call fair, and certainly not fun.

And I read that some people said that Grounded difficulty of TLOU is way harder than any Brutal difficulty of the Uncharted Collection: haha, no it fucking is not. Even if you don't play Grounded in reverse and you don't have as many ammo and items as you'd want, 75-80% of the game can be done with stealth, which puts you in a way safer position; have you seen any points in Uncharted where you can stealth your way through? I don't know about U2 and U3 of course, but in U1 there is none. Even the trophy for taking out 50 enemies with stealth can pretty much only be done by farming one of the two enemies in the entire game you can stealth kill and then reload the checkpoint.

Other than that, the other trophies are all kill-related and come naturally as you play the game many times to complete it in various difficulties, and the speedrun trophies are not that hard: I managed to do all of them (DLC included) by doing a complete speedrun with Doughnut Drake while clearing certain chapters in the required time. The important thing is to finish the game with the costume and under 2:30 hours if you want the 100%: if you don't get the right times on the three chapters you can just retry them one by one with chapter select.

So I read that the "glitch" for the tweaks in U2 is patched and the only way to do it is by having a physical copy of the first Uncharted Collection, and guess what, I have the latest digital version. So yeah, because of that, the fact that I won't ever be playing Brutal difficulty legit and the fact that I played U1 four times back to back and got burned off by it, I won't be playing Uncharted 2 any time soon.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes with Drake's Fortune, I'm in the same boat as you what with not being a fan although I didn't struggle quite as much on the harder difficulties from the sounds of it. Comes with the territory of being more into shooters, I suspect.

When you get around to playing U2, it might be worth picking up a physical copy which should cost peanuts by then (if they don't already) if only to have the unpatched tweaks option. Sell the disc afterwards and you'll have recouped most of your costs and saved yourself a really big headache.

• Like 1

Gz on that Uncharted platinum. Tried playing through the game before but only got about 14 chapters in before sorta giving up.

Far too aged for me and wasnt enjoying it, maybe i'll pick it up again later on at some point.

FF9, ahhhh, good memories (Bit late with the FF9 talk). My favorite FF game along with 6. Probably in my top5 games of all time.

That jumprope, the frame-rate is messed up on the PS4 version. The only really 'Legit' method of completing it, is to pretty much close your eyes and rely on the sound of you jumping, as thats the actual 'Jump point' rather than the animations.

Tetra Master, that game. Its actually incredibly in-depth and fulfilling but IMO, completely out of the blue in comparison with the other card based games in the FF series. Theres a crazy amount of detail and the main issue, is that it never really tells you WTF is going on in the game, theres no proper guide to it. It never explains what the numbers mean or the different types of cards and their weaknesses to each other. 

Like you said though, the RNG is off the chain. Its crazy that the cards in that game, every time they're placed could have anywhere between 5-80HP and its just completely random.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SpacebarPIays said:

That jumprope, the frame-rate is messed up on the PS4 version. The only really 'Legit' method of completing it, is to pretty much close your eyes and rely on the sound of you jumping, as thats the actual 'Jump point' rather than the animations.

Yeah, I saw that. Still, it's a long way before I unlock ultra instinct to do it legitimately ?

Tetra Master, that game. Its actually incredibly in-depth and fulfilling but IMO, completely out of the blue in comparison with the other card based games in the FF series. Theres a crazy amount of detail and the main issue, is that it never really tells you WTF is going on in the game, theres no proper guide to it. It never explains what the numbers mean or the different types of cards and their weaknesses to each other.

Agreed. As I said, I much prefer FFVIII's Triple Triad to FFIX's Tetra Master: it's more integrated in the game since, as you said, they don't really tell you much about the rules of Tetra Master in FFIX and overall I came to like Triple Triad's gameplay more, given the fact that if you want to get strong easily and quickly you need to play a lot of card games. In FFIX it's just out there and gives you near to no benefits by playing it aside from the Treno Tournament and well, those three trophies.

Like you said though, the RNG is off the chain. Its crazy that the cards in that game, every time they're placed could have anywhere between 5-80HP and its just completely random.

Exactly. If, like me, you play all 100 games almost in a row at the end of the game, you pretty much see that recurrence over and over again, especially when you're winning 6-4 and the opponent wins a conflict by RNG and turns every other card making you lose on the last turn. Really not funny ?

Edited by KN_Kirai

• 4 weeks later...

Back again while wrapping up the last trophies to 100% BioShock Infinite with some reviews:

72th Platinum - BioShock Remastered

1L9ec349.png

Platinum Trophy

This is one of the series of games I've always heard of and never got around to play due to first person shooter not being among my favourite genres, so I decided to give it a go.

The game in itself was quite enjoyable and it kind of reminds me of Portal, because the main character doesn't talk (except in the beginning) and is not seen due to the first person matter, plus throughout the majority of the game, you only see either enemies or allies after you've spent the entire game talking to them via radio. The story was good, you don't concentrate on it very much at the beginning, since you're busy killing every Splicer you come across, but after some major events it takes a central role in the game.

After playing some shooter games with a controller I am more convinced every time that this type of games is better played on PC with keyboard and mouse. Either that, or I suck bad at shooter games, and I do, but I think the concept remains the same since I played Portal 2, which can be considered a FPS, on PC for the first time and you had a much easier time aiming than on PS3.

The platinum is manageable since there are a few glitches that were fixed on the PS3 version but not on the remaster on PS4, the most important one being the difficulty glitch where you can change the difficulty to Survivor when you're done killing the last boss and it will count towards finishing the game on Survivor difficulty. If you didn't use any Vita-Chambers during your playthrough, you will get every difficulty related trophy at once. I used it because as I stated in some reviews before, I am a sneaky bastard SOB, but I think I can understand the difficulty of playing all the game on Survivor without the possibility of respawn; I heard that 1999 mode of BioShock Infinite isn't as hard as Survivor mode of BioShock 1, but at least in BS 1 you can manually save and plan ahead, whereas in BS Infinite you have to rely on the autosave which is not as frequent as you would like it to be. I know you can respawn by paying 100$ in 1999 mode but it's not worth the money and I was doing a comparison without respawning between the two difficulties.

Other than that, the game has a tendency to reset your difficulty setting back to Medium whenever you load up your save, so it can screw you out of playing legitimately on Survivor if you're not checking every time you continue playing.

Another thing to watch out for are, of course, missable trophies: BS 1 is the most lenient of the three since you can go back to any area in the game apart from two specific areas, provided you have a manual save from before beating the last boss: thanks to that I only checked the collectibles on the missable areas and went back at the end to collect everything I missed the first time. The other matter is managing the ADAM you have, but you just need to save every little sister instead of harvesting them (which you need to do anyway for the related trophies) and be careful not to buy Plasmids or Tonics that you can find elsewhere for free; plus, it seems that the trophy that requires you to buy every Plasmid and Tonic is bugged in a good way, since it unlocked way before I had everything.

The last thing are the research trophies, which I think can be missed if you don't use the camera enough: I always had the camera out when going around and snapped everything before killing, but I was still anxious throughout the playthrough about it.

The Challenge Rooms of the DLC were not so bad, especially since, again, there's an exploit for the difficulty related ones: were it not for these exploits, the rarity percentage would've been much lower.

73th Platinum - BioShock 2 Remastered

1L9b22ba.png

Platinum Trophy

After playing the first game I jumped right into the sequel since I was curious because the story of Rapture already ends with the first BioShock, and this kind of sequel rarely lives up to the first game in terms of quality. Of course there are exceptions, but that is not the case this time around: the story is enjoyable but doesn't hold a candle to the story of the first game, the gameplay is for the most part the same as the previous game with some additions and the missable trophies are a pain to deal with if you don't concentrate on them from the beginning.

Speaking of missable trophies, remember how in BS 1 most of the trophies were not missables because in the end you could go back to almost any area? Yeah, that is not the case in BS 2: when you leave an area you leave it for good, so if you missed a collectible you have to start another playthrough to get it. Granted, the audio daries required for the trophy this time around are not all of them, only 100 out of 129, and if you miss one and you collect it on your second playthrough, it gets added to the total without you having to find all the other diaries again, but the game doesn't tell you which diares you've already picked up, so unless you wrote it down you'll have to get them all again just to be sure.

The fact that you can't backtrack to the previous areas means most of the trophies regarding Tonics, Plasmid and Weapon Upgrades are missable as well, so one needs to be careful about those as well. The last remaining missable trophies are easier to get, especially since progress is tracked across multiple playthroughs, but they are always a source of anxiety.

Difficulty-wise, I found this more difficult than the first BioShock: since you have to complete one playthrough on any difficulty without Vita-Chambers and one on Hard, I did the first on Normal without Vita-Chambers as I did with BS 1, but I felt that the enemies in this game were more fierce than ever, always getting up on your face damaging you, and towards the end there are a lot of enemies at once; I can't tell you how hard it is to do it on Hard mode because I used the infinite health glitch since I was getting annoyed of this behaviour, though before you can use it you have to complete about half of the game, so at least I experienced some suffering.

Quick (lol) note on the DLCs: Minerva's Den was interesting, though it's on the same level of the main game's one: enjoyable but auto-conclusive and not on par with BS1's story. There's the usual issue of having to get everything before moving on to the next area otherwise you miss things, but other than that it's pretty straightforward.

Protector Trials: boy did I not like these. Maybe I hated them because they are centered around the new mechanic of the game which I absolutely dreaded, the ADAM collecting done by the little sister while enemies are attracted to her and you have to protect her (hence, the "Protector" trials), or maybe because they are also time trials per se, since you need to hold on until the little sister has finished collecting all the ADAM. Or both. Definitely both. And the fact that some enemies completely ignore you or the decoy you place and go straight for the little sister hurting her and diminishing the amount of ADAM you collect overall, preventing you from getting A rank in that trial which of course you need to get for every single one of them, didn't help me liking this DLC any more than before.

4. Uno

13L8603e1.png

Collector

Quick 100% of the card game Uno which I think everyone at some point in their life has played with their friends, sometimes (or all the time) leading to frustration and termination of said friendship due to some rules of the game. Since I haven't played it in a while, I did so with the excuse of the game being on sale and it having a trophy list, plus I played online with a friend in order to earn all the online trophies.

Nothing much to say about the 100%, except some trophies will require you to play a good amount of games if you're not planning to boost Flying Higher and Nerves of Steel, and winning 5 matches against the AI at first can be frustrating since the game seems to be a 3-on-1 instead of free for all.

Despite all that I had fun playing the game and I'll probably continue playing when I want to take a break from challenging stuff.

• Like 2