impossible to play online

PLATINIUMGAMEUR

53 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I guess the game is giving you a last chance before you try to start it and sync an unobtainable game on your list. It is unobtainable because of belt trophy blockers right now, so save yourself the trouble and avoid the game now.

Not everyone has percentage OCD ?

• Like 3

The real answer to this issue might be that you have to accept EA's old terms on a different game. Mercenaries 2 has an issue similar to this and the way you can fix that is to play an old EA game and accept the terms on that one. Games such as Battlefield Bad Company and Medal of Honor: Airborne allow you to accept EA's old terms, so if you have those games try to accept the old terms on them and see if FNR4 works after that.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 8:13 PM, Sergen said:

The real answer to this issue might be that you have to accept EA's old terms on a different game. Mercenaries 2 has an issue similar to this and the way you can fix that is to play an old EA game and accept the terms on that one. Games such as Battlefield Bad Company and Medal of Honor: Airborne allow you to accept EA's old terms, so if you have those games try to accept the old terms on them and see if FNR4 works after that.

EA was one of the first companies to implement forced DRM bullshit.

The Sims, the original game, is one of my all time favorite titles. Spent countless hours on it. However EA, being the publisher, made it so you were required to input a long code in order to even install the game. Didn't have that code? You were fucked. So not only did you have to accept terms, you had to input what was considered back then a form of copyright protection, since it was a time when people burned music CDs and DVDs from their friends so they wouldn't have to pay the products.

I recall a number of other games from the 2000s that had this crap as well. EA has been a pile of shit for 15 years now. Activision, Ubisoft, Bethesda and others basically followed in EA's footsteps, which has lead to the crap you see today.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Santa said:
  1. Tetris is not an online game
  2. Tetris is not an EA game
  3. You cannot expect a game from 2009 still have working online functions.

EA did develop a Tetris game in 2008 <3! There are many online iterations of Tetris and when a game has never had an announcement for its shutdown, someone can go online on the game and see if it works online, but maybe they shouldn't be surprised if the game isn't how it used to be. However, I don't see why you had to come here and bitch about someone asking a question about this game when it has nothing to do with you. You only came here to rub salt in the wound because they're having trouble getting online by giving the generic killjoy response that I've seen hundreds of times before. And there are plenty of old games that have communities who play it online together, World of Warcraft is a game that was released in 2004 and still has working online functions, so you can expect some games from 2009 to have working online functions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

EA did develop a Tetris game in 2008 <3

It was 2006. The PS3 version - which I happen to own -  came out in 2010 and cannot be played online anymore since 2012. Because that's what this shithole of a company does: Shut down servers less than two years after a game's release. That's my whole point here. You should be very glad that the mighty masters at EA obviously forgot that they ever published some boxing games and subsequently forgot to turn off that servers as well.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Santa said:

It was 2006. The PS3 version - which I happen to own -  came out in 2010 and cannot be played online anymore since 2012. Because that's what this shithole of a company does: Shut down servers less than two years after a game's release. That's my whole point here. You should be very glad that the mighty masters at EA obviously forgot that they ever published some boxing games and subsequently forgot to turn off that servers as well.

Until 2018, EA had gone over 5 years without shutting a server on PSN. But instead of pissing people off with server shutdowns, they went ahead and added microtransactions that were absurdly expensive for a lot of their games and broke features that were tied to trophies such as live events or uploading media to the servers. Sony should be your example of mass server shutdowns since they've had an itchy trigger finger regarding their shutdown habits. Regardless, people could also post about games that don't work as a heads-up to people who may be interested in buying the game. But until it is confirmed by the community people can assume the online still works. Fight Night Round 4 doesn't affect me, I have had the platinum for over 5 years now and the online still works on my main account. The issue the game has right now is that it fails to load up the ToS for new players, but for people who already played the game in the past it works perfectly fine and the solution for someone to fix this issue is to accept the terms on SSX.

Edited by Sergen

6 minutes ago, Santa said:

The OP doesn't even own that game. And if he'd buy this game used, the exact same problem would occur there as well. Great solution. ;)

The game has been used as a solution for people who have this exact problem with Fight Night Champion. EA doesn't use online passes anymore so the game would work online, not to mention that they might own it because it was on PS+ a few years ago. Just because a game isn't on someone's trophy list doesn't mean they don't have it.

Edited by Sergen

• 1 month later...

The solution to get the really old games' (like Mercs 2) T&C bug bypassed was to use one of these games: BFBC1, MoH Airborne, Orange Box.

Orange Box was confirmed to validate EA terms as late as March 2019, and BFBC1 should still be under limited attention from DICE. I'm mentioning this since SSX is from 2012, so it's part of a "newer" batch.

Somebody in the shutdown thread advised about using FIFA 19, as it worked for NFL Blitz bug.

I don't own this game, will try to rent soon, but FIFA 16 haven't worked too.

I'll try to rent a Orange Box to test, but it will be hard to find.

• Like 1