PSNP Generic Winter Holiday Event (Event is over! Badges distributed)

I want to be in :) cool thing to read about some festivals coming up ahead of which i have heard little or nothing so far...

Can't get enough from these community events that give you diverse options to choose games to start and sometimes try something i'd haven't dare otherwise :)

I'm looking through my long list of unfinished and untouched games right after dinner is over :D

Edit after dinner: Jak & Dexter PS4 is probably in as it was a gift... first game found already :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

December 5th is Dutch Christmas and January 7th is Ukrainian Christmas...why no love :(

Also Boxing Day came from the UK and it was started as a day the servants got a day off from work and received a Christmas Box from their masters...now we use it to buy cheap shit ^_^

Anyways, I am still working on the Alpha Plat Rain but HOPEFULLY will be done before this event ends so I should be able to participate.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Oh my g o o d NESS! *spiraling out of control again*  SINCE you s t r e s s e d that this should be fun and not stressful... I’m in. And will see if I can manage to not make a bleeping chore out of it and play a few damn games. If I happen to self destruct as usual then I just won’t update. Sound fair?

Maybe Detroit Become Human which I just started today, for Thanksgiving since I am so thankful to be alive and able to participate on PSNP:D.

Maybe Skyrim for Christmas and the religious theme, and... may Talos be with me! 

Maybe Life is Strange 2 for New Years since there is little time between these two holidays. 

Way to light a fire under our butts 'Dad'! :awesome:

Considering the title says the event is “Generic,” you put a lot of great work into thinking through the event and making it anything but Generic!

Sign me up, I love it!

I’ll come up with a games list tomorrow ^_^

EDIT: Also, I can draw up some badges for you for the event if you like? My badge sample from a previous event

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 3

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th): Quantum Theory - This game is seen as one of the worst online experiences AND it is the game that may stop anyone from platting the UR Alphabet as it is the only Q game that works. So I am going to be thankful once I have it platted.

Black Friday (November 29th): One Piece Pirate Warrior 2. This game makes you buy a whole ton of items to get the plat. In fact the only trophy I have left is me having to buy the last movie.

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Life is Strange: Before the Storm. How young is young? This game you play through as a high school girl so I figure that should count.

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): Rime as a young boy you must venture across a giant island until you reach the end to discover where you should be (can't say anything else without spoiling the game)

Winter Solstice (December 21st): Indigo Prophecy - not to spoil the game or nothing but the whole game takes place during winter and if you don't succeed...then eternal winter will fall.

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th): Tearaway Unfolded - maybe not exactly what you are talking about but you control the Guiding Light to protect the messenger

from all that harms him.

Christmas (December 25th): God of War 3 - Well the whole game is about defeating the gods so I guess that is religious?

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): South Park: The Fractured But Whole - One of the trophies is playing through the whole game as a black character on the hardest difficulty.

Boxing Day (December 26th):  JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven - the character I beat the majority of the game as used nothing but his fists.

New Year's Day (January 1st): Not sure...will have to figure this one out. Right now concentrating on just beating the Alpha Plat Rain.

• Like 2

Go ahead and sign me up, please!  I don't know how busy I will be, but with 2 months to complete 3 somewhat themed games, I may just stumble into this one (sans the bonus), especially considering most games these days have trophies or in-game milestones related to spending lots of currency, traveling long distances, etc...

It's so great to see so many people signing up already! Hopefully this is a fun event for everyone, just like last year. I'll get a spreadsheet ready soon then.

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

EDIT: Also, I can draw up some badges for you for the event if you like? My badge sample from a previous event

I'd love for you to draw up some badges if you would! You can PM them to me or post them in the thread, whatever you're more comfortable with. Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

but you will keep it to 1 design for the whole event this time :P

I mean I love that people are still rocking the Spelling Bee Event badges (some as their avatar even) but that seemed like so much work for you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I'd love for you to draw up some badges if you would! You can PM them to me or post them in the thread, whatever you're more comfortable with. Thank you so much!

Sure thing! I’ll doodle some ideas tomorrow and PM them to you ^_^

5 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

but you will keep it to 1 design for the whole event this time :P

I mean I love that people are still rocking the Spelling Bee Event badges (some as their avatar even) but that seemed like so much work for you.

Hahaha, yes, absolutely! I’ll do it like the Bonus badge where all that changes is the username xD none of the “draw a unique thing for each person” stuff ever again! Lesson learned on that one! :P

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

Sure thing! I’ll doodle some ideas tomorrow and PM them to you ^_^

Hahaha, yes, absolutely! I’ll do it like the Bonus badge where all that changes is the username xD none of the “draw a unique thing for each person” stuff ever again! Lesson learned on that one! :P

Well it was a spelling event. A good one to learn a lesson from ^_^

looking forward to see what you come up with.

• Like 1

Mmkay, I gave some games a thought and here's my list for now:

• United States Thanksgiving: Resident Evil. I'm thankful that after all the years of not playing these games, I finally gave it a go, because from what little I've played so far, I actually enjoyed it and am glad I'm finally experiencing it!
  • Black Friday: Curses 'n Chaos. You have to spend a lot to get all items, and you need to buy a lot of things to receive basically all of the other trophies.
  • Saint Lucia's Day: The Last Guardian
  • Las Posadas: Alien: Isolation. I'm pretty sure you're travelling a lot anyway, through the whole space station, specifically to find a safe place.
  • Winter Solstice: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
  • Hanukkah: Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
  • Christmas: Iconoclasts. I mean, the religious cults are evil in the game but they're still an important theme...
  • Kwanzaa: TorqueL. Not sure if this counts, but both characters are literally black. As in, made entirely of black pixels (minus white pixel eyes). If it doesn't count, I'll find another game.
  • Boxing Day: Tales of Xillia. One of the two main characters, Jude, fights with his fists.
  • New Year's Day: Starlit Adventures

I highly doubt I'll get all 10 done, the list is mostly just there so I have options on which ones to do. Will still do as many as I can though. Now to go doodle some badge ideas.

• Like 1

Count me in, last year it was a lot of fun. 

Thanksgiving: Hitman Contracts, I want to get this game done, it has been on my backlog for 2 years now, I will be thankful to see it done

Black Friday: 

Saint Lucia's Day: Bioshock 2, the protagonist is male but the main cast is made by the Little Sisters so I think this counts

Las Posadas: 

Winter Solstice: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate Deluxe Edition, Gotham is the city I see when I think about cold places and, if I'm not wrong, this game takes place during the winter

Hanukkah: 

Christmas: 

Kwanzaa: 

Boxing Day: 

New Year's Day: QUBE Director's Cut, I like puzzle games and I haven't start this one yet, it's a win for my side. 

I will choose the games for the other categories once I get PS Now. That is if PS Now works with my connection

Hanukkah: Doki-Doki Universe. Have played this for 10 Mins and it looks very peaceful and colorful. Everyone likes it :)

Kwanzaa: Indigo Prophecy (aka Fahrenheit). One of three Protagonists is a black American Guy.

Boxing Day: Batman Arkham Origins. Who needs guns, Batman doesn't

New Year's Day: Nightmares from the Deep 3. It's time to complete the Trilogy

Although i have some more games i could add to my list i will keep it rather short and complete it. I'll go for a harder Special Challenge by finishing two of them on the exact day or days of the festival they relate to...

Count me in, it is a long time ago I participated in an event. I'll go for three games I wanted to plat anyway.

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th)Call of Duty: Modern warfare --> received it as a gift for my birthday a week ago:D
New Year's Day (January 1st): Horizon Zero Dawn --> it's in my drawer for a long time, I really have to play this one.

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): Burly men at sea --> You travel alot at sea:P

Thanks for the event!

(๑ ̄ω ̄)✎ 

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th):

Black Friday (November 29th):

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth or Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk or

The 2 listed are otome and star somewhat young heroines. But may pick something else. 

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): The Unfinished Swan

There’s a lot of walking through a lot of white. 

Winter Solstice (December 21st): I Am Setsuna
The game takes place in a wondrous world covered with snow. 

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th):

Christmas (December 25th): The Midnight Sanctuary
This game takes places in a fictional Christian village. 

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): Papo & Yo
The playable character is a boy, Quico, from Brazil.

Boxing Day (December 26th): Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
One of the newly introduced characters in Continuum Shift is Makoto Nanaya who’s a hypersquirrel like me and whose fists are quite deadly. 

New Year's Day (January 1st):

I haven’t done one of these in awhile. Sign me up too!

Here’s what I’m thinking so far. It might be a little too ambitious, but I’m sure I can get at least 3 of them done!

US Thanksgiving (November 28th):

Persona 5

It was a gift, and I’ve been looking for an excuse to finish it

Black Friday (November 29th):
Assassin’s Creed Unity
There are a lot of collectibles to buy

Saint Lucia’s Day (December 13th):
Beyond: Two Souls
I don’t know a lot about this game, but if I recall the protagonist is a young girl during some parts of it.

Las Posadas (December 16th):  
Grim Fandango Remastered
I will probably need a holiday palate cleanser, and a journey through the afterlife still seems oddly appropriate, even if the holiday season isn’t quite right

Winter Solstice (December 21st):
Horizon Zero Dawn
I’m aiming for 100% here as the Frozen Wilds DLC is the real goal

Hanukkah (December 22nd):
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Given the whole series is a battle against darkness, and also contains Disney characters, I think this one qualifies even if the ending is a bit bittersweet.

Christmas (December 25th):
God of War III Remastered
Well you said religious...

Kwanzaa (December 26th):
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag 100% (Freedom Cry DLC)
I would be earning trophies in the Freedom Cry DLC which feature black characters. May swap this out for AC Liberation if I get ahold of it in time.

Boxing Day (December 26th):
Foul Play
What little I know about this game is that it involves fisticuffs, so it should fit.

New Years Day (January 1st):
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Not sure if it will be this one exactly, but I have been wanting to play it so it seems a good placeholder at least for now.
  • Like 1