PSNP Generic Winter Holiday Event (Event is over! Badges distributed)

I’m it! Here’s a list for each category, I know I can do three but i’ll try and do them all.

Thanksgiving - The Wolf Among Us (PS4) I’m on a personal quest to get every Telltale platinum in case they ever do just disappear forever. This is my third and final playthrough of Wolf Among Us, and as good as the game is, I’m thankful it’s the end of the road for this particular story.

Black Friday - The Godfather II You spend a lot of cash to take over New York City.

Saint Lucian’s Day - Death Stranding Gonna give this one a real try. Putting it here due to your little unborn jar baby sidekick, BB.

Las Posadas - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order You travel to several different planets all over the Galaxy in this new game.

Winter Solstice - Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure I don’t have many snow games, so this is what I have available. But it fits.

Hanukkah - Concrete Genie Light hearted and fun puzzle game where you bring spray paint genies to life. La’chaim!

Christmas - Duck Dynasty (PS3) The game ends in a prayer. Close enough.

Kwanzaa - The Walking Dead Season One (PS3) - Another hurdle in my personal Telltale marathon. This will be my fourth time playing the story of Lee Everett.

Boxing Day - LEGO Marvel Superheroes: Universe in Peril a lot of fistfighting in this LEGO Marvel game for the vita.

New Years Day - Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) Recently bought a physical version from Italy to get this hard to acquire Platinum. Cool way to start the new year and new decade.

Here's the list I thought of, Going to do three of them but will try to do them all and save at least one for 24/25 December.

Thanksgiving - Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PS4) ever since I tryed the demo of this Ghostbusters game, I wanted to play this game for so long so I'm thankful for this remaster.

Black Friday - Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists Nelke have to spend a lot of money to earn a lot of money to build her town.

Saint Lucia's Day - Tales of Xillia 2 Leia, Elize and Elle(A NPC protagonist btw) is the young girls of this Tales of's party.

Las Posadas - Mary Skelter 2 (JP Version) the journey is to get the hell out of the Jail... again, Going to use the EU Switch version to translate it to english.

Winter Solstice - Batman: Arkham Origins Might not end up playing it again. While I don't have any snow games. This Batman game takes place during Christmas Eve and it's snowing in the dark city of Gotham. Also the DLC has Mr. Freeze who have to live in the cold places after the accident that made him well cold-blooded.

Hanukkah - Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation All but the bad endings and some true endings(at least Rinne Utopia's true ending was a sad ending don't know about the other two true endings) is happy times.

Christmas - Thor: God of Thunder Well Norse mythology was a religion back in the Viking Age and while this is the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Norse mythology, it's religious in a way.

Kwanzaa - None Don't have any games with a Black main character(That's not already :platinum:).

Boxing Day - Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Batman is a Master Martial Artist(which means all hand-to-hand combat known to man), If I do Arkham Origins then I do Blackgate as well.

New Year's Day - Unknown After Christmas I plan to buy Atelier Ryza with the chrismas money I most likely get. So I might put that here.

Well, heck yeah I'm in. There are ten categories, and I just happen to be ten platinums short of my goal this year. This should work out nicely.

I don't really have a full list in mind right now, so let's figure out how I can force my three active games into this.

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th). Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden. I've only played for a few hours, but the basic goal seems to be to travel deep into "the Zone" to rescue some guy, and I imagine to eventually reach a place called Eden. Hence the title.

Christmas (December 25th). Mark of the Ninja: Remastered. I...guess ninja is a religion? I may need to think this one over.

Boxing Day (December 26th). Batman: Arkham City. I'm kiiinda close to finishing this one... It's been a year-long process, since I'm trying to do the Calendar Man trophy legit. (It's actually kinda cool. If you check out my profile, I have just about every trophy on a holiday, give or take a couple of days earlier in the year.) I do have a few combat challenges left, though, and it's hard to pass up a game that I've been treating so closely to the theme of this event.

That should do for now. You know I'll come up with seven more.

Edited by Cassylvania

Sign me up. Let's see how many games I can complete of the ones I planned.

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th): Not sure what I could use for this. Might find something before the end of the event.

Black Friday (November 29th): LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2. You have to spend milions of studs to unlock every character in LEGO games.

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Gravity Rush Remastered. Kat is a 17 year old girl according to the wiki, which should be young enough.

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): Ether One. It's a walking simulator, should have you walking a lot.

Winter Solstice (December 21st): Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit. Set during the winter, has a lot of snow and it's very cold.

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th): The Little Acre. This game seems to be light hearted so it should count.

Christmas (December 25th): God of War 3. It's the only one that comes to mind that I own.

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

Boxing Day (December 26th): Judgment. I guess you fight a lot using kicks but you also use fists.

New Year's Day (January 1st): Any game that I might play for another event.

ok, i'm in...i don't even know my games yet, but i'll find something to fill some categories.

I'm a Latin American guy and i didn't know about Las Posadas, Mexicans have a lot of festivities ? 

Never heard of it (and i live in a city called Posadas ?) . Maybe Dia de Reyes Magos (January 6th) would be more... far-reaching, but never mind, i think will be a great event!.

Edited by ShinigamiSensei-

Ok I'm going to keep all of mine easy, so here it goes.

Thanksgiving - Rime: So my wife bought me this like a year or so ago for my birthday, despite not believing I would actually finish it, because I wanted it real bad.  I appreciate her for doing that; also it seems kind of obvious...she may have been right.
Black Friday  - Slime Rancher: A lot of cash grinding in this game apparently. 
Saint Lucia - Oxenfree - You play as a girl on an island with her friends
Las Posadas - Swapquest: This game is like 80% walking
Winter Solstice - Syberia - Game is filled with snow from what I can tell
Hanukkah - Runner3 - This game is ridiculously upbeat and chipper.
Christmas - Asura's Wrath - You play a demi-god who's been betrayed by other demi-gods....it's the best I could do unfortunately.
Kwanzaa - Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry - The lead character is an African American slave
Boxing Day - Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax - A fighting game, so pretty much all fist fighting
New Years Eve -  This War of Mine: The Little Ones - Been wanting to play this for years so now feels like a good time.

I've never done one of these so I'm gonna take a shot!

Thanksgiving: Project Diva F2nd.

The predecessor was the reason I got a Vita which in turned became my favorite gaming system and made me a trophy hunter. Also Vocaloids made me a weeb. I've barely put any time into this entry though so it's time for me to finally get on it.

Black Friday: Metal Wolf Chaos XD.

Lotta spending money on mech parts. LET'S PARTY!!!!

Saint Lucia's Day: Lollipop Chainsaw.

High school young enough? Got it as a gift, played it once, had a ton of fun, then never picked it up again. Always wanted to get back to it, now I finally will.

Las Posadas: Journey.

I've never played this and I really should.

Winter Solstice: Metro 2033.

Was interested in this but the sensitivity being so slow (even on max sens) turned me away. I'll probably get over it though if I give it another shot.

Hanukkah: Tearaway. It's cute and wholesome.

Whether I do the Vita or PS4 version is up in the air.

Christmas: Unless I can think of anything else, I'll do a God of War title.

Can't think of much else religious and I've never played a GoW title before, so might as well start now.

Kwanzaa: Assassin's Creed Liberation.

Been meaning to play this for awhile, finally a push to start it.

Boxing Day: Skullgirls Encore.

I've put plenty of time into 2nd encore but I've had the original at 0% on my profile for years because I started it on my brother's ps3 at least half a decade ago when I didn't have a ps3, so I'm finally gonna start it and finish it because luckily it isn't as impossible as 2nd encore.

New Years Day: Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight

Loved P4D and I wanted a Persona 3 one so I could see best Persona girl Aigis dance for a long time. Then this came out and I just never played it because I'm dumb.

None of these are particularly difficult, but I'm going to take this opportunity to motivate me to work through my backlog!

Wish me luck :)

Edited by SeedersPhD

Just now, SpaceCoresDad said:

Attention everyone! I can't @ every participant, unfortunately, but the event has officially begun! I've added a spreadsheet to the original post showing all of your choices and all the sign ups, but to all newcomers, I'll continue adding to it if you sign up too! Let me know if I've missed anything or if I put the wrong game down for you or something. Also note that if you put a "maybe" for something, I didn't put it down. Have conviction in your answers!

Of course, you don't have to plan out beforehand. Just make sure to post in the thread each time you complete a game. Good luck everyone, and have fun!

That is why everyone should follow the thread so you don't have to @ everyone :)

Also I can't plat my games until I finish 3 more letters...should I mention which ones are "done" or just wait until the Alpha Plat Rain (whenever that may be ?)

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

Also I can't plat my games until I finish 3 more letters...should I mention which ones are "done" or just wait until the Alpha Plat Rain (whenever that may be 1f629.png)

Feel free to post in the thread when they're "done." I won't mark them down in the chart until the plat is obtained, but if Alpha Plat Rain never comes I might just do it anyway. Rigging a platinum is essentially just getting it, and I don't want any other events to get in the way.

28 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Feel free to post in the thread when they're "done." I won't mark them down in the chart until the plat is obtained, but if Alpha Plat Rain never comes I might just do it anyway. Rigging a platinum is essentially just getting it, and I don't want any other events to get in the way.

I just have 3 more games...just cant get the motivation to play them ?

I don't have time to enter, so, I was planning on skipping the event, but I was just now looking at the OP and saw that @Kristycismwill be doing the badges, and now I want to enter :(

I usually decide to enter in an all or nothing style (I either do all or don't enter), but because of the current circumstances, I guess that I will do the minimum and build on that.. I just need 3 minimum, right? Do I need to list them all in advance? 

Anyway.. 

1. Thanksgiving - Gran Turismo Sport (this almost feels like wishful thinking.. I'm essentially missing the gold trophies, but so far, I only have 5 polls, 10 wins, and I'm lvl33, so, my road is still quite long..) 

5. Winter Solestice - Rise of the Tomb Raider (I did the story and online, but I'm missing almost all gold challenges, that count for a full playthough, plus a lot of miscellaneous trophies AND all single player DLC. I'm throwing this here, because it's the only game that I remember that can fit the category, I doubt that I will even attempt it, since my play time is scarce and on ps4 even more scarce..) 

6. Hanukkah - I Am Alive (I did about halfway or 2/3rds of the first playthough, need to finish this + Survivor difficulty, need extra motivation to finish it..). 

7. Christmas - Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star (it's an holiday season game) 

8. Kwanzaa - Assassin's Creed III Liberation (PS3, didn't knew anything fitting, so, I'm stealing the idea) 

9. Boxing Day - Primal (I'm not sure how far I was, but I run into a game breaking bug and can't advance the story, so, I will likely use the in-game cheats to get past the bug without needing to start from scratch, I also need some extra motivation to return to it.. Stupid glitch.. I was actually enjoying the game..). 

10. New Years - Jurasic Park the Tell Tales game (count EP1, or all 4 EP as a game, I'm doing it all either way) 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Well, I'll go ahead and post a list with the stuff I can think of for sure right now:

Thanksgiving - Omega Quintet.  It's really not a very good game, but it is a UR plat and my triple point game for RPG Mania.  I'll be very thankful once it's done and off my backlog.

Black Friday - Nothing yet, but I'm sure I'll find a RPG to toss into there since those usually require spending lots of money on equipment.

Saint Lucia's Day -  Cosmic Star Heroine.  The main character is female and she looks reasonably young.

Los Posadas -  Wizards of Brandel.  While this one doesn't come out in my region until next month, I plan on grabbing it and it actually has trophies related to taking X amount of steps so I think that's a good choice for this one.

Winter Solstice - Have no idea and I don't seem to own any games with winter themes really

Hanukkah - I'm sure I'll find something for this one, but don't have a specific game yet.

Christmas - Asdivine Kamura.  The Asdivine series usually has a story related to the deity of that world and this one is no different.

Kwanzaa - Another one where I have no idea and don't seem to even own a game that would fit.

Boxing Day - Can't think of anything for this one at this very moment.

New Years Day - I'll find something to toss in here.

If anyone has knows of some RPGs or VNs that would fit for Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa or Boxing day, I'm open to some suggestions.  Preferably nothing incredibly long since Omega Quintet will be quite the grind as it is.

4 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Also note that if you put a "maybe" for something, I didn't put it down. Have conviction in your answers!

Alrighty then... so put me down for 

Detroit Become Human for Thanksgiving

Skyrim for Christmas

Life is Strange 2 for New Years (and that last episode better be out on schedule ...)

and

tenor.gif?itemid=5385465

Ok i have decided for my New Years plat I would do the game Fractured Minds. A game trying to bring awareness for anxiety and mental health issues. The girl who made it is donating some of the profits to a charity aimed at battling those same issues

https://venturebeat.com/2019/10/10/safe-in-our-world-debuts-charity-for-mental-health-in-games-industry/

• Like 1

My updated list:

Black Friday - Slayaway Camp

St. Lucas Day - The Path of Motus

Las Posadas - Mooseman :platinum:

Winter Solstice - South Park The Stick of Truth

Christmas - Adams Venture Origins :platinum:

Boxing Day - The Order 1886

Edited by PermaFox

Let me kick this off by saying I have completed Mark of the Ninja: Remastered. And while I firmly believe ninja is a religion, I've decided it's best placed in the Thanksgiving category. Why? Because I'm thankful games like this exist. Klei Entertainment has quietly been one of my favorite publishers for years now, putting out quality indie titles like Don't Starve, Don't Starve Together, Crypt of the NecroDancer (co-publisher), Oxygen Not Included (which I'll eventually get a chance to play), and Invisible, Inc. They're not the best at creating reasonable trophy lists, but thankfully MotN is an exception...

Thanksgiving - Mark of the Ninja: Remastered - 100%

Black Friday -

Saint Lucia's Day -

Las Posadas - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - 8%

Winter Solstice - Frost - 0%

Hanukkah -

Christmas -

Kwanzaa -

Boxing Day - Batman: Arkham City - 83%

New Years Day -

I also added Frost to my list. I was really leaning towards Impact Winter, but I don't think I'm ready for another survival horror game.

That said, I'd like to issue somebody an epic challenge. Anybody can take this on. If you REALLY want to impress me, platinum The Long Dark during this event. It's the best Winter Solstice game you're going to find.

I want to add more games to the categories I didn't fill. PS Now works really well with my Internet so I have a whole list of games to choose from. 

Black Friday - Alex Kidd in Miracle World, there's a trophy in this game for buying every item available and I always wanted to try this series out. 

Las Posadas - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, it was on Now's list, it seems interesting, it is a walking sim where you need to solve a crime. 

Hanukkah - Abzu, always wanted to play this but never saw a sale for it, but now I will be able to finally play it, 2 years waiting for this. 

Christmas - God of War Ascension, I will start the whole God of War franchise from the chronological order. In terms of story this is the first one. 

Kwanzaa - Papo & YO, yet another Now game, the concept seems interesting and the main protagonist is black. 

Boxing Day - Sonic Fighters, the title speaks for itself

Edited by maiathewinners

Count me in. Got a few games lined up:

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th): ?

Black Friday (November 29th): ?

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Among the Sleep. You play the game as a toddler.

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): Elea. Travelling? How about an interstellar journey!!

Winter Solstice (December 21st): Degrees of Separation. One of the two protagonists can control cold/winter or something like that.

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th): ?

Christmas (December 25th): Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth. The game takes place in a cathedral being built.

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): ?

Boxing Day (December 26th): Dusty Raging Fist. Fighting animals!

New Year's Day (January 1st): ?

• Like 1

Finished my first one yesterday.

Thanksgiving - The Wolf Among Us (PS4) 

Black Friday - The Godfather II

Saint Lucian’s Day - Death Stranding 

Las Posadas - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Winter Solstice - Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure 

Hanukkah - Concrete Genie

Christmas - Duck Dynasty (PS3)

Kwanzaa - The Walking Dead Season One (PS3) 

Boxing Day - LEGO Marvel Superheroes: Universe in Peril

New Years Day - Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) 

Started Jedi: Fallen Order and really loving it so far. I know it’s an overused cliche comparison but it really is a Star Wars Dark Souls.

Sign me up! To start out I decided to add 3 games to the list. I might add more later if I find games that fit the theme well.

Thanksgiving - Dark Souls Remastered. I am grateful what From Software brought to games and influenced games that are made today. 
Black Friday - 
Saint Lucia's Day - Bioshock 2. Little sisters play a big part in Bioshock.
Las Posadas - Crossing Souls. You travel along with your friends and go on an adventure.
Winter Solstice - 
Hanukkah -
Christmas -
Kwanzaa -
Boxing Day -
New Years Day -