PSNP Generic Winter Holiday Event (Event is over! Badges distributed)

Third Game down

Thanksgiving - The Wolf Among Us (PS4) :platinum:

Black Friday - The Godfather II

Saint Lucian’s Day - Death Stranding :platinum:

Las Posadas - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order :platinum:

Winter Solstice - Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure 

Hanukkah - Concrete Genie

Christmas - Duck Dynasty (PS3)

Kwanzaa - The Walking Dead Season One (PS3) 

Boxing Day - LEGO Marvel Superheroes: Universe in Peril

New Years Day - Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) 

100 hours to plat and well worth it.

Also, are substitutions allowed? I picked up a game on Black Friday I’d love to play now and slot into this somewhere.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

@ladynadiad

Thanks for the heads up!  In a fictional context I don't really care but a lot of people would be super put off by that so thanks.  Also I'm glad to see London Detective Mysteria is good.  It's on my wishlist, just haven't picked it up yet!

Edit: WOW that quoting messed up the formatting big time...took that out, sorry guys.

Edited by Alternatewarning

@SpaceCoresDad

I'm also interested in know about this:

7 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Also, are substitutions allowed? I picked up a game on Black Friday I’d love to play now and slot into this somewhere.

I had put Faery as my Lost Posadas game, but I want to change it to Redout, because Faery is scheduled for an event that only starts in January.

Redout is an Anti-gravity racer, so, lots of "travel" included ? 

I did a little progress on Primal, but not enjoying it.. I also played a bit of Hatoful boyfriend Holiday game, but that one I will work slowly (reading on trips) and only plan to 100% it on Christmas day, for the bonus badge. 

Note: Faery is wrongly added as Saint Lucia's day, but I ignored it, until I had something relevant to post. 

3 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

@ladynadiad

Thanks for the heads up!  In a fictional context I don't really care but a lot of people would be super put off by that so thanks.  Also I'm glad to see London Detective Mysteria is good.  It's on my wishlist, just haven't picked it up yet!

Edit: WOW that quoting messed up the formatting big time...took that out, sorry guys.

No problem!  I'm normally the same and found it distasteful so it's worth a warning, especially in Otome games where the protag tends to be forgiving of that stuff.  Ashen Hawk is a good game, though so you're in for a treat there.  I'll definitely try and comment on how I liked Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles, it just is still on its way to me.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:05 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

On 12/1/2019 at 0:05 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm also interested in know about this:

Substitutions are absolutely allowed! Don't feel like you're locked into anything. Play whatever you please. Also, updated to put Redout in the right spot. Whoops.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Substitutions are absolutely allowed! Don't feel like you're locked into anything. Play whatever you please. Also, updated to put Redout in the right spot. Whoops.

Can I move something I had on a previous holiday that I didn't complete to a later one? I drastically underestimated how much studying I had to do and how long evolve would take lol.

11 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Ok, cool! 

Now let's see if I can follow my minimum plan (Hatoful Boyfriend for Christmas, Jurasic Park starting on January 1st, and finish Primal.. On top of those, I hope to finish Redout and not much more, since I have had 0 play time during week days, and as such, I keep avoiding playing ps3 at all..). 

Thanksgiving - Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PS4) :platinum:

Black Friday - Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists

Saint Lucia's Day - Tales of Xillia 2

Las Posadas - Mary Skelter 2 (JP Version)

Winter Solstice - None

Hanukkah - Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation

Christmas - Thor: God of Thunder

Kwanzaa - None

Boxing Day - Accel World vs. Sword Art Online :platinum:

New Year's Day - Unknown

2nd game down.

Fourth game down. Thought this would be an easy LEGO but that was the worst LEGO game I’ve ever played. Controlled like crap and was buggy as hell. Glad to have this one in my rear view mirror.

Black Friday - Control 

Christmas - Untitled Goose Game

Boxing Day - LEGO Marvel Superheroes: Universe in Peril :platinum:

Made two substitutions. For Black Friday I’m now playing Control. Picked it up on Black Friday. There’s a trophy for amassing a lot of money and another for spending a ton on all the upgrades. I also switched Christmas to Untitled Goose Game. There is only one god of chaos, and it is The Goose.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

I am across the people that joined the event but unfortunately I won't participate any longer. This is because I can't find the time to complete 3 games at least. A reason for this is because I am participating in an event on another website. I am sorry to leave the event but thanks for hosting it and good luck to the people who are gonna finish it.

Edited by markie816

th?id=OIP.kjl0TOQFvirKmnsjw63f_QAAAA&pid

Skyrim for Christmas :platinum: Down for the count. #2. Dang, maybe I will finish what I started. Guess there's always a first time for everything B)

Next up - Life is Strange 2 for A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D

Ryza? More like Cryza. She stood no chance of stopping me from getting to 200 platinums during this event.

Thanksgiving - Mark of the Ninja: Remastered - 100%

Black Friday - Cosmic Star Heroine - 100%

Saint Lucia's Day - Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - 100%

Las Posadas - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - 22%

Winter Solstice - Frost - 100%

Hanukkah - Goodbye Deponia - 34%

Christmas - Hollow Knight - 7%

Kwanzaa - Broken Age - 100%

Boxing Day - Batman: Arkham City - 98%

New Years Day - 

Deponia 3 and HK have joined the ranks of challengers. Either one would probably work for Christmas (since there's a religious sect in the laundry room in Deponia), but I went with Hollow Knight, since that whole game seems to ooze in a holy atmosphere...and Deponia is quite a bit more light-hearted. In either case, I give them a 0% chance of stopping me in my quest.

• Like 1

Thanksgiving - Omega Quintet  (74%)

Black Friday - Wizards of Brandel :platinum:

Saint Lucia's Day - London Detective Mysteria (81%)

Las Posadas - TBD

Winter Solstice - Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles (0%)

Hannukah - Punch Line (28%)

Christmas - Asdivine Kamura :platinum:

Kwanzaa - Cosmic Star Heroine :platinum:

Boxing Day - Nothing yet

New Year's Day - TBD

Finished up Wizards of Brandel and decided to move to it Black Friday because there was definitely a ton of spending money and since the game lacked a world map, it didn't feel right to use it for Las Posadas even if there was a lot of traveling in dungeons.  No trophies outright required spending money, but to beat the secret arena boss for my last trophy it was definitely a good plan to max out the labs (that boosts magic and physical skill damage) and upgrade weapons as much as possible, which costs a fortune.  On top of that as part of the story there is someone trying to collect money from the main character to pay back his debt.  What better way to show the spirit of capitalism than having to deal with a debt? 

Making progress in Omega Quintet and soon will be able to knock that crappy game off my backlog once and for all.  I am so sick of all the cheap tricks the monsters pull for things I can't even control.  The worst is the monsters being able to skip ahead and go right off the bat just because there were only three in the encounter instead of four or more, and I can't control how many are there.

Also made a tiny bit of progress in Punch Line.  Once I finish that one up I'll start Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles since it finally arrived.  UPS has been especially bad this year for the holidays and it's not even mid-December yet.  Gamestop decided to split my 5 game Black Friday order into three shipments.  One arrived just fine on the 4th.  The one with Code Realize in it was out for delivery three times before they finally delivered it today, but dang that envelope was in poor condition.  Still haven't gotten the fifth game I ordered because it went missing and the carrier recommended I refuse delivery on that since it was an empty bubble mailer.  Gamestop set up a replacement, but I'm likely to have to wait another week for it now and requesting store pickup isn't an option because it's not available locally.  Thank goodness that wasn't anything on my list here.

Game five down. Control was amazing. Def my GOTY. Remedy knows how to blend art styles. Can not wait for the DLC.

Black Friday - Control :platinum:

Christmas - Untitled Goose Game

Boxing Day - LEGO Marvel Superheroes: Universe in Peril :platinum:

18 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Does Fifa 15 have fist fighting in it? Seems like a hockey game would be more fitting, lmao.

Otherwise, all updated once again. We're fast approaching another chance to get the bonus badge!

Haha, yeah that bonus chance for psychonauts is definitely not going to happen. First chance Ill get at one will probably be seasons after fall.