PSNP Generic Winter Holiday Event (Event is over! Badges distributed)

Thanksgiving: Hitman Contracts

Black Friday: Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Saint Lucia's Day: Bioshock 2

Las Posadas: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Winter Solstice: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate Deluxe Edition

Hanukkah: Abzu

Christmas: God of War Ascension

Kwanzaa: Papo & Yo

Boxing Day: Sonic Fighters - Completed

New Year' s Day: QUBE Director's Cut

Finished Sonic Fighters. It was meh but atleast it was quick

• Like 1

th?id=OIP.nFzHharrrtC03g4DH8STDQHaIO&pid

Completed Detroit Become Human for Thanksgiving sans bonus. Another incredible game with no glitches. And so heartwarming. Worth whatever pain in the ass to get the twisted trophies.

On to Skyrim for Christmas: glitches welcome ?.

13 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Also @PermaFox I'll have to ask you about your pick for Kwanzaa. I don't think any of the main characters of Detroit: Become Human are black? There's Luther I guess, but you never play as him.

Hmmmmm, you're right.  Guess I haven't played that one for a while.  Let's see what else I have.....

• Like 1

Just completed Asdivine Kamura and knocked out my Christmas title.  It was also a pretty fun game to boot and obviously pretty easy since I just started it up Friday night and already finished it.

Also going to change Cosmic Star Heroine to my pick for Kwanzaa because it does seem that there are multiple black party members you can get later in the game which should be enough to count as main characters.  I'm sure I'll find a replacement for Saint Lucia's Day easily enough since that's an easier category for me to fill than Kwanzaa is.

• Like 1

@Kristycism badges? Sign me up! I'm not sure about most of the games yet....looking at my backlog, I don't know if any of them have a black main character...maybe MLB The Show 19? I only have one trophy left for that game...but it's a trophy I may never get so I don't feel bad about having that on my list. Here is my list so far:

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th): Final Fantasy VIII - I'm very thankful they did this Remaster! Looking to make this my 100th platinum.

Black Friday (November 29th): Darkest Dungeon - You need to spend a ton of money to upgrade your characters and the village.

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Alice: Madness Returns - Alice is a young girl.

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): Mass Effect - Not sure about this one...I mean it's a game in space, but I don't know how much traveling there is.

Winter Solstice (December 21st):

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th):

Christmas (December 25th):

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): MLB The Show 19 - Very diverse cast of characters.

Boxing Day (December 26th):

New Year's Day (January 1st):

I'll figure out the rest as I go!

Thanks for hosting!

• Like 2

One more down.

Thanksgiving - The Wolf Among Us (PS4) :platinum:

Black Friday - The Godfather II

Saint Lucian’s Day - Death Stranding 

Las Posadas - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order :platinum:

Winter Solstice - Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure 

Hanukkah - Concrete Genie

Christmas - Duck Dynasty (PS3)

Kwanzaa - The Walking Dead Season One (PS3) 

Boxing Day - LEGO Marvel Superheroes: Universe in Peril

New Years Day - Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) 

Fallen Order was such a great game. Def the best Star Wars game since KOTOR. And that ending was AMAZING!

• Like 2

On 16/11/2019 at 5:58 AM, Han_the_Dragon said:

1. Thanksgiving - Gran Turismo Sport (this almost feels like wishful thinking.. I'm essentially missing the gold trophies, but so far, I only have 5 polls, 10 wins, and I'm lvl33, so, my road is still quite long..) 

3. Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th) - Faery (according to GameSpot review, we are more like an errand boy than a here on this one, so, moving a lot.. Hope that the fact that we "fly" instead of "walk" doesn't matter to much lol). 

5. Winter Solestice - Rise of the Tomb Raider (I did the story and online, but I'm missing almost all gold challenges, that count for a full playthough, plus a lot of miscellaneous trophies AND all single player DLC. I'm throwing this here, because it's the only game that I remember that can fit the category, I doubt that I will even attempt it, since my play time is scarce and on ps4 even more scarce..) 

6. Hanukkah - I Am Alive (I did about halfway or 2/3rds of the first playthough, need to finish this + Survivor difficulty, need extra motivation to finish it..). 

7. Christmas - Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star (it's an holiday season game) 

8. Kwanzaa - Assassin's Creed III Liberation (PS3, didn't knew anything fitting, so, I'm stealing the idea) 

9. Boxing Day - Primal (I'm not sure how far I was, but I run into a game breaking bug and can't advance the story, so, I will likely use the in-game cheats to get past the bug without needing to start from scratch, I also need some extra motivation to return to it.. Stupid glitch.. I was actually enjoying the game..). 

10. New Years - Jurasic Park the Tell Tales game (count EP1, or all 4 EP as a game, I'm doing it all either way) 

I haven't done much yet, but remembered of something that I can use for 1 of the missing categories, and preferred to quote into a new post, instead of editing the other one again.. 

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th): Evolve

Black Friday (November 29th): Nothing, not gonna happen with finals lol

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Psychonauts

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): 

Winter Solstice (December 21st):

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th):

Christmas (December 25th):

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st):

Boxing Day (December 26th):

New Year's Day (January 1st):

Will fill in the rest but heres a start

Definitely a few days late to this party but I am so in! I need some inspiration to get me through some of my pile of shame haha!

(Thanksgiving, November 28th): 

S4a5ca7.png (Black Friday, November 29th): Lego The Incredibles 

S063a1d.png (Saint Lucia's Day, December 13th): Bioshock Infinite (PS4)

S19263a.png (Las Posadas, December 16th - December 24th): Brutal Legend

(Winter Solstice, December 21st):

(Hanukkah, December 22nd - December 30th): 

S079904.png (Christmas, December 25th): The Council 

(Kwanzaa, December 26th - January 1st):

S1c408c.png (Boxing Day, December 26th): The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

(New Year's Day, January 1st):

Thanksgiving: Project Diva F2nd.

Black Friday: Metal Wolf Chaos XD.

Saint Lucia's Day: Lollipop Chainsaw.

Las Posadas: Journey.

Winter Solstice: Metro 2033.

Hanukkah: Tearaway.

Christmas: God of War (the original, not the reboot).

Kwanzaa: Assassin's Creed Liberation.

Boxing Day: Skullgirls Encore.

New Years Day: Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight

Skullgirls Encore was MUCH EASIER than its successor, the worst thing was the tutorial but the hard bits actually weren't on 1.00 and were added in later so one patch removal later and the issue was solved. Other than that, each of the character story modes are really good and the other trophies (while grindy) are still good and teach you about each character. First game done, now on to Project Diva F2nd!

Also Ms. Fortune best girl.

Edited by SeedersPhD
  • Like 1

I completed my first game for this challenge. I want to add Hue ? for the St. Lucia's Category. A young boy is travelling through the world and solves several puzzles to find his mother.

I am really impressed with this title. I read beforehand that all puzzles have to do something with various/changing colors and that is true and good done. While several puzzles made me think for it a couple of minutes, it was all doable for me in the end :) only for the collectibles i used a videoguide as they are very well hidden.

• Like 1

I will throw my hat in:

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th):   <<Pending>>

Black Friday (November 29th): LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Beyond: Two Souls

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): Mooseman  

Winter Solstice (December 21st):  Wolverine

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th): Up

Christmas (December 25th): Apotheon

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): Minecraft: Season 2 

Boxing Day (December 26th): Spider Man: Edge of Time

New Year's Day (January 1st): Star Trek (PS3)

• Like 1

Wanna join too. First time joining events here so I'll start with most of my already started backlog ?.

Thanksgiving: Final Fantasy VIII
Back on PS1 I went so far that only a final boss left (those 8 bosses beaten) then didn't play more for some reason. A Megaman-esque situation where you re-beat 8 bosses but don't go fight Sigma. I'd be thankful if I can finally beat the game this time.

Black Friday: Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII 100%
Already platted this but there are 3 more trophies to 100% which are all complete scenarios. Should take at least 15 hours each. Playing as a merchant is quite quick to beat a scenario which involves buying stuff a lot (then selling them for a lot more ?).

Saint Lucia's Day: Little Dragons Cafe
Two selectable PCs are girl and boy. One trophy left but no visible goalpost. Could be done in a few hours or 50+ I dunno (I know that I already put more effort postgame than pre-ending)

Las Posadas: Death Stranding
Travelling to the core. Can't find any game fitter than this. Kinda doubt I could done in January tho.

Winter Solstice: The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim
Another 'quitted for some reason'. Maybe I simply wanted to walk around without major quests last time. This event could motivate me I guess.

Hanukkah: Dragon Quest Builders 2
My 2019 GotY right here. Aimed to be my 60th plat. No need to go another way around from my original plan.

Christmas: Bloodborne
Haven't played for so long but a trip to the church was quite enlightening.

Kwanzaa: Mafia III
Most fitting I got since I've already platted GTA San Andreas. Kinda reluctant to play as I've only played Mafia II up to second-half for the whole series. Now should be a good time.

Boxing Day: Bully
Most freeroams with fistfights on street rarely even have boxing minigames, but Jimmy Hopkins beats those preppies in their own game of boxing ?

New Years Day: whatever I grab during Black Friday

Another update!

Thanksgiving - Mark of the Ninja: Remastered - 100%

Black Friday -

Saint Lucia's Day - Cosmic Star Heroine - 16%

Las Posadas - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - 8%

Winter Solstice - Frost - 37%

Hanukkah -

Christmas -

Kwanzaa - Broken Age - 100%

Boxing Day - Batman: Arkham City - 83%

New Years Day - 

Added Broken Age to Kwanzaa because Vella is black. Like @ladynadiad, I thought the main character in Cosmic Star Heroine was younger than she actually seems to be, but now I'm wondering if that's best saved somewhere else. Maybe I'll have a better idea once I get a little further into the game...

36 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Added Broken Age to Kwanzaa because Vella is black. Like @ladynadiad, I thought the main character in Cosmic Star Heroine was younger than she actually seems to be, but now I'm wondering if that's best saved somewhere else. Maybe I'll have a better idea once I get a little further into the game...

Yeah, she does look really young, but young also can be subjective as well and even the early to mid 20s she is more likely to be could still be deemed young.  Couldn't use it for New Year's Day since I started it the day before the event actually so I tossed it into Kwanzaa since that fits due to having a black party member and some black recruits and I'm lacking other picks for that one.  Saint Lucia's Day is one that is easy for me to find another choice since JRPGs and VNs tend to feature young characters.

• Like 1

Saint Lucia's Day: Bioshock 2 - :platinum:

Hanukkah: Abzu

Boxing Day: Sonic Fighters - Completed

New Year's Day: QUBE Director's Cut

Got the platinum for Bioshock 2, it was better than what I was expecting, I would even go far to say it was better than the first one

Edited by maiathewinners

Saint Lucia's Day: Bioshock 2 - :platinum:

Hanukkah: Abzu - Completed

Boxing Day: Sonic Fighters - Completed

New Year's Day: QUBE Director's Cut

Completed Abzu, great game with a good soundtrack and smooth gameplay (that is if you invert the camera movimento when you first start). Would recommend 

Another game cries out for help. Its pleas go unanswered. In Frost, nobody can hear you scream...except for maybe your neighbors.

Thanksgiving - Mark of the Ninja: Remastered - 100%

Black Friday -

Saint Lucia's Day - Cosmic Star Heroine - 23%

Las Posadas - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - 8%

Winter Solstice - Frost - 100%

Hanukkah -

Christmas -

Kwanzaa - Broken Age - 100%

Boxing Day - Batman: Arkham City - 83%

New Years Day - 

Finished up Cosmic Star Heroine and that covers my game for Kwanzaa.  Going to be continuing to chip away at Omega Quintet so I can get that one wiped out.  It's such a huge grind though that I probably won't finish it for Thanksgiving, just by the end of the event for sure (honestly if I keep up the pace, by the end of December for sure).