PSNP Generic Winter Holiday Event (Event is over! Badges distributed)

Another update in quick succession, finished Mixups by Powgi on the ps4, thankful this game is a double stack ?

Thanksgiving (November 28th): Mixups by POWGI (EU PS4) :platinum:

Black Friday (November 29th): Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS4) :platinum:+1f4af.png

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Life is Strange 2 :platinum: (Completed on Dec 13th) 

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): 

Winter Solstice (December 21st):  

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th): 

Christmas (December 25th): Days Gone :platinum:

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): 

Boxing Day (December 26th): Batman Enemy Within :platinum:

New Year's Day (January 1st): 

Update

Thanksgiving - Ghostbusters: The Video Game (PS4) :platinum:

Black Friday - Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists

Saint Lucia's Day - Tales of Xillia 2

Las Posadas - Mary Skelter 2 (JP Version)

Winter Solstice - None

Hanukkah - Date A Live: Rio Reincarnation :platinum:

Christmas - None

Kwanzaa - None

Boxing Day - Accel World vs. Sword Art Online :platinum:

New Year's Day - Unknown

Saved the last trophy on Date A Live for Christmas, after trying to clear the hardest difficulty many times, give up on it after getting killed by Ulik a lot.

I got Mutant to 100%, despite needing to. I got Arkham City to 100%, despite taking a full year. I played Graveyard Keeper from start to finish, despite having much easier choices for my final game. I did all of this because I wanted Hollow Knight to see what he is up against. It's just you and me now, boy.

Thanksgiving - Mark of the Ninja: Remastered - 100%

Black Friday - Cosmic Star Heroine - 100%

Saint Lucia's Day - Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - 100%

Las Posadas - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - 100%

Winter Solstice - Frost - 100%

Hanukkah - Goodbye Deponia - 100%

Christmas - Hollow Knight - 11%

Kwanzaa - Broken Age - 100%

Boxing Day - Batman: Arkham City - 100%

New Years Day - Graveyard Keeper - 100%

(Thanksgiving, November 28th): 

S4a5ca7.png (Black Friday, November 29th): Lego The Incredibles :platinum:

S063a1d.png (Saint Lucia's Day, December 13th): Bioshock Infinite (PS4) 88%

S19263a.png (Las Posadas, December 16th - December 24th): Brutal Legend 72%

(Winter Solstice, December 21st):

(Hanukkah, December 22nd - December 30th): 

S079904.png (Christmas, December 25th): The Council :platinum:☑️ And the bonus! (it's only 10:37pm on the 25th here)

S1c408c.png (Kwanzaa, December 26th - January 1st): The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan 19%

(Boxing Day, December 26th):

S68e900.png (New Year's Day, January 1st): Bendy and the Ink Machine 77%

Edited by Yen-Pop

I finished a game for this a few days ago but didn't report it here yet.

I got the :platinum: of Ether One for the Las Posadas theme on the 21st, which means it qualifies for the bonus. It's also my third game for this event so I got the normal badge as well.

Unfortunately the game glitched on me and I couldn't get all 20 projectors. That's why I had to do a second playthrough to get that last trophy and the plat.

I'm also working on Punchline for the Thanks Giving theme. I'll be very thankfull when I'm done with that game.

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Is it that bad? I have had my eye on it for a while (from what I understood it's mainly comedy, no?). 

It's not that bad actually, just not really what I expected.

The story starts to get interesting but gameplay wise it is very repetetive. Most part is just reading like every VN but there are short gameplay section in between.

The most annyoing part are the unskippable cutsceens you have in each chapter. They are always the same and I watched them several times already.

I mainly bought it because it was from the guy who made the Zero Escape series.

Yes, story is comedy. It's about a boy who gets unconcious when he sees panties, which will lead to world destruction. Also he is a ghost.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

The story starts to get interesting but gameplay wise it is very repetetive. Most part is just reading like every VN but there are short gameplay section in between.

The most annyoing part are the unskippable cutsceens you have in each chapter. They are always the same and I watched them several times already.

Yes, story is comedy. It's about a boy who gets unconcious when he sees panties, which will lead to world destruction. Also he is a ghost.

Ok, then I will keep it on my list. Thanks for the explanation. 

I'm not sure why I initially got interested in it, but if you say that's by the same guy that made the Zero Escape games, then that's highly likely the reason why it got in my radar at the start too. Really liked that trilogy! 

49 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

You can skip the movie scenes by pressing R1 + X.  Have to press and hold them though.  If that doesn't work, make sure the settings allow skipping.

Also of note, the second half is purely VN with a choice here and there.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

You can skip the movie scenes by pressing R1 + X.  Have to press and hold them though.  If that doesn't work, make sure the settings allow skipping.

Also of note, the second half is purely VN with a choice here and there.

Then I have to try that. Thanks for the info.

Updated again. Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you were able to make it as merry and happy as I was. Joyous Kwanzaa as well! If you haven't gotten the bonus, this is your last opportunity for a long-running one that qualifies. Happy Boxing Day too... not sure if anyone is going to land that bonus, but hey, you never know.

Update:

United States Thanksgiving - Slay the Spire  :platinum:  (no more game fit for this category than this for me - It is very fun and unique game that i actually be thankful for whoever making this and also very unforgiving plat that I really glad it is finally be over with at the same time)
Hanukkah  - Storm Boy 
 :platinum:
Boxing Day - I am the Hero  :platinum:
Kwanzaa - The Shapeshifting Detective  :platinum:  (Have a black major character and you could actually be him as well)

Edited by FielVeredus

Finished the bare minimum for a badge so I'll post that update. Going to try and get one or two more done before the end of the event....my current active games will take months to beat so I need to find something more casual.

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th): Final Fantasy VIII

Black Friday (November 29th): Darkest Dungeon

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Alice: Madness Returns

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Briste said:

Black Friday (November 29th): Darkest Dungeon 

Of whole spreadsheet I found Darkest Dungeon being the toughest plat yet you managed to plat it in time. Congrats ?

Report with Skyrim and Little Dragons Cafe. LDC now officially has the worst "last trophy before plat" for me. To play postgame twice longer than pre-ending (ended around 30 hrs, platted at 91.30), doing repetitive chores, without knowing the actual requirements was a real torment. Good thing that I like the characters or else I'll outrightly hate the game.

Thanksgiving: Final Fantasy VIII  :platinum:2b50.png

Black Friday: Romance of the Three Kingdom XIII 100% :platinum:?

Saint Lucia's Day: Little Dragons Cafe :platinum:

Las Posadas: Death Stranding

Winter Solstice: Skyrim :platinum:

Hanukkah: Dragon Quest Builders 2 :platinum:

Christmas: Bloodborne :platinum:

Kwanzaa: Mafia III

Boxing Day: Bully :platinum:

New Years Day: Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast :platinum:

• Like 1

Still plugging away. Pretty much no hope of finishing them all, but 6/10 so far is not too bad.

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th):   Ratchet & Clank (PS3) - Completed

Black Friday (November 29th): LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin - Completed

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Beyond: Two Souls

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): Mooseman  - Completed on 12/16/2019

Winter Solstice (December 21st):  Wolverine

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th): Up - Completed on 12/29/2019

Christmas (December 25th): Apotheon

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): Minecraft: Season 2 - Completed 

Boxing Day (December 26th): Spider Man: Edge of Time

New Year's Day (January 1st): Star Trek (PS3) - Completed

Thanksgiving - Just Ignore Them :platinum:
Black Friday - Slayaway Camp :platinum:
St. Lucias Day 
Las Posadas - Mooseman :platinum:
Winter Solstice 
Hannakkah - My Brother Rabbit :platinum:
Christmas - Adams Venture Origins :platinum:
Kwanzaa

Boxing Day South Park: The Stick of Truth :platinum:

New Years Day - Paraiso Island ?

@SpaceCoresDad - Is it okay to swap completed games?  It's looking like I may actually be able to pull off the plat in htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary before this ends, but it obviously doesn't count for New Years since I earned my first trophy in it in 2016.  It would fit for Las Posadas just fine unless you count using boxes of explosives and a box with a killer plant as weapons for Boxing Day (I kid, I know that won't count even if it is a pretty literal interpretation there) or it would work for St. Lucia's Day and either of my games there were started during the event and would work for New Year's just fine. 

Well, this is going better than I expected.. Specially since I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to plat AC Liberation this year (and was thinking that it was taking a lot of actual play time, but in the end it was just under 16 hours, on the game save clock.. Really odd). 

I will have to revise a few of the games that I choose, because they were kind of longshots to begin with.. 

As of now, I'm thinking of Persona 3 Dancing for Thanksgiving, because I'm always thankful for more SMT world action (and GT Sport is way to far away from plat), and probably Crystal Defenders for Black Friday, since money is needed for everything in it.. I will try to stick with Primal for Boxing Day, because I really need to clear that one from my backlog, and Jurasic Park will be a double deal like P3D for the ABC of unstarted games event. 

That leaves me without games for:

St. Lucia's Day - no clue.. Really can't think of anything that's relatively short and with a little girl as main character.. Said that, the main cast of My Hero One Justice is just kids, and a friend is going to boost it with me quite soon, maybe this will do.. 

Winter Solstice - Rise of the Tomb Raider, like GT Sport was an extreme longshot, and I can't really think of anything that would be relatively short with snow in it.. Actually I'm only thinking of I Am Setsuna, and that's definitely not going to happen in this short amount of time.. I will leave this as the tenth category, and will only challenge it, if I do get everything else, because just the other games alone, will take quite a while to do. Or maybe not, just remembered that rally games usually have lots of Snow, maybe that's enough? (I'm specifically thinking about Dirt 4).

My current standings:

Thanksgiving - Persona 3 Dancing in the Moonlight 
Black Friday - Crystal Defenders 
St. Lucias Day - My Hero One Justice 
Las Posadas - Redout :platinum:
Winter Solstice - Dirt 4? Degrees of Separation? Seasons After Fall? 
Hannakkah - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition ? (bonus) 
Christmas - Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star ? (bonus)
Kwanzaa - Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation :platinum: (bonus)

Boxing Day - Primal...

New Years Day - Jurasic Park (Tell Tales 4 Episode series) 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

That leaves me without games for:

St. Lucia's Day - no clue.. Really can't think of anything that's relatively short and with a little girl as main character.. Said that, the main cast of My Hero One Justice is just kids, and a friend is going to boost it with me quite soon, maybe this will do.. 

I'd actually suggest a VN.  It only has to be a young girl and most VNs have reasonably young female protags and are quick and easy to finish.  My own pick has a protag who is about high school age.

For Winter Solstice, have you played Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles?  It's a great choice for that category and very easy to plat.  Code Realize games in general would be a good pick for St. Lucia's Day too since Cardia is pretty young, even more so when you consider her life before meeting Lupin in the first game.  All the games are on sale right now too and I platted Bouquet of Rainbows and Wintertide Miracles in a few days.