PSNP Generic Winter Holiday Event (Event is over! Badges distributed)

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I'd actually suggest a VN.  It only has to be a young girl and most VNs have reasonably young female protags and are quick and easy to finish.  My own pick has a protag who is about high school age.

For Winter Solstice, have you played Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles?  It's a great choice for that category and very easy to plat.  Code Realize games in general would be a good pick for St. Lucia's Day too since Cardia is pretty young, even more so when you consider her life before meeting Lupin in the first game.  All the games are on sale right now too and I platted Bouquet of Rainbows and Wintertide Miracles in a few days.

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually plat the first Code Realize and actually since I mainly skip read through it, it end up leaving a bad taste in my mouth, because I like the steampunk setting and would had enjoyed it if I actually had given it time (before that, I had skip through most of Amnesia Memories, because I was getting bored by it). 

In essence I really just don't want to skip to plat something so soon.. And I'm slow with VN, I usually take over a month to plat one ?, I will take a look at the sale and see, maybe some VN catch my eye.. 

I also think that I found the right game for Winter Solstice, because I looked at the spreadsheet and 2 people put Season After Fall and Degrees of Separation as their games. I own both and 1 is a quick 4 hours 100% and the other a 8 hours plat from what the guide says. 

4 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Thanks for the suggestion, I actually plat the first Code Realize and actually since I mainly skip read through it, it end up leaving a bad taste in my mouth, because I like the steampunk setting and would had enjoyed it if I actually had given it time (before that, I had skip through most of Amnesia Memories, because I was getting bored by it). 

In essence I really just don't want to skip to plat something so soon.. And I'm slow with VN, I usually take over a month to plat one ?, I will take a look at the sale and see, maybe some VN catch my eye.. 

I also think that I found the right game for Winter Solstice, because I looked at the spreadsheet and 2 people put Season After Fall and Degrees of Separation as their games. I own both and 1 is a quick 4 hours 100% and the other a 8 hours plat from what the guide says. 

Makes sense, VNs are definitely easy but how quick they are can also depend on reading speed.  I definitely wouldn't encourage skipping either unless you are just not interested in a particular character, but I know I sure can quickly get absorbed into a good story.  Though I don't blame you for skipping on Amnesia: Memories, some of the routes are not great and a lot of people skip on Toma's route just because of the content.  I'm just glad you found something!  Definitely better luck than me with finding something for Boxing Day because I just don't tend to play games involving a lot of fist fighting.

19 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Makes sense, VNs are definitely easy but how quick they are can also depend on reading speed.  I definitely wouldn't encourage skipping either unless you are just not interested in a particular character, but I know I sure can quickly get absorbed into a good story.  Though I don't blame you for skipping on Amnesia: Memories, some of the routes are not great and a lot of people skip on Toma's route just because of the content.  I'm just glad you found something!  Definitely better luck than me with finding something for Boxing Day because I just don't tend to play games involving a lot of fist fighting.

I actually looked, and since a "young kid" also works, maybe I can use Life is Strange 2, but I would prefer something on Vita (Root Letter seems to be well liked by nearly everyone, so, I'm kind of interested, but not sure if I would have enough time to finish it before the event end). 

As for you, wouldn't KH2 work? I looked at your profile, and that's one of the latest games that you have played, that's why I'm saying this (The Beast fights with it's fists, so, it should count). 

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I actually looked, and since a "young kid" also works, maybe I can use Life is Strange 2, but I would prefer something on Vita (Root Letter seems to be well liked by nearly everyone, so, I'm kind of interested, but not sure if I would have enough time to finish it before the event end). 

As for you, wouldn't KH2 work? I looked at your profile, and that's one of the latest games that you have played, that's why I'm saying this (The Beast fights with it's fists, so, it should count). 

True, but I also have way too much left to be finishing that up in a few days and I'm having trouble with it.  Still have to finish Cavern of Remembrance, a Critical run, all the optional bosses, satisfying the Mushroom XIII, a bunch of minigames, and so on. 

Root Letter is a good one and it's actually not as long as most VNs are.  You play the game once, then replay it and answer the letters differently for the other endings so on the replays you can skip the first seven chapters and then only read the new endings.  It's also more point and clicky since you have to investigate scenes kind of like Ace Attorney.  The story is good though and the 15 hours in the guide is a pretty solid estimate.

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

True, but I also have way too much left to be finishing that up in a few days and I'm having trouble with it.  Still have to finish Cavern of Remembrance, a Critical run, all the optional bosses, satisfying the Mushroom XIII, a bunch of minigames, and so on. 

Root Letter is a good one and it's actually not as long as most VNs are.  You play the game once, then replay it and answer the letters differently for the other endings so on the replays you can skip the first seven chapters and then only read the new endings.  It's also more point and clicky since you have to investigate scenes kind of like Ace Attorney.  The story is good though and the 15 hours in the guide is a pretty solid estimate.

Ok, I that's really a lot to do (I still have the Critical run to do for ages, stuck in Olympus), so, I see that's not an option for you. 

There are a few fighting games that are easy and quick plats, but for you, you probably would need to detour to much from your usual type of games. And definitely RPGs are a no go, because they are so long to complete. 

Ok, that looks good, I will probably grab it by next weekend, just hope to be able to get most of the others done by Saturday.. Good thing that most should be quick to do. 

US Thanksgiving (Nov 28th) - Clan of Champions :platinum: (BONUS)
Black Friday (Nov 29th) - Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms :platinum:

Saint Lucia's Day (Dec 13th) - Child of Light ? (BONUS)

New Years Day (Jan 1st) - Psychonauts :platinum:

L727275.png

Probably the last game I'll get done for this event, I started on the 22nd and finished on the 28th but was too interested at the end to hold off on the last level. It's an older game from the PS2 era, re-released on PS4 and it was the first time I've played it. Good timing though, apparently a long awaited true sequel is in the works and I would be pretty psyched for that.

Thanksgiving - Omega Quintet  :platinum:

Black Friday - Wizards of Brandel :platinum:

Saint Lucia's Day - London Detective Mysteria :platinum:

Las Posadas -  Code Realize: Bouquet of Rainbows :platinum:

Winter Solstice - Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles :platinum:

Hannukah - Punch Line :platinum:

Christmas - Asdivine Kamura :platinum:

Kwanzaa - Cosmic Star Heroine :platinum:

Boxing Day - Nothing yet

New Year's Day - Crossovers by POWGI (NA Vita)  :platinum:

So I wrapped up a new game in time for New Years as well.  Work was slow and boring so I had plenty of time to wrap up a POWGI game.  Probably won't be able to find and finish something to fit for boxing day in time so this likely is the last game.

Edited by ladynadiad

Completed Another world, put it down for Los Pasados

Thanksgiving (November 28th): Mixups by POWGI (EU PS4) :platinum:

Black Friday (November 29th): Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS4) :platinum:+1f4af.png

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Life is Strange 2 :platinum: (Completed on Dec 13th) 

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): Another World ?

Winter Solstice (December 21st):  

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th): 

Christmas (December 25th): Days Gone :platinum:

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): 

Boxing Day (December 26th): Batman Enemy Within :platinum:

New Year's Day (January 1st): 

Because apparently I have an issue with commitment and would rather play a bunch of different games instead of the ones I had allotted... here is an updated list for me:

✔️ United States Thanksgiving: Life is Strange 2

✔️ Black Friday: Megaquarium

✔️ Saint Lucia's Day: Among the Sleep

✔️ Las Posadas: Elea

Winter Solstice: Degrees of Separation

✔️ Hanukkah: Refunct

Christmas: Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

Kwanzaa:

✔️ Boxing Day: Max Payne

✔️ New Year's Day (January 1st): Mekabolt

I still intend to do the Winter Solstice and Christmas games I signed up for. I just had to change some of the others, and added a few. Sorry for being difficult ?

Man, my holidays had a lot more going on than I originally intended, but everything is all updated now, I promise! I hope everyone had a happy new year, and is ready to take on 2020. Sadly, with the 1st well behind us, that was the last chance to gain the bonus badge but it looks like a lot of people managed to fit it in.

That said, don't despair! There's still some time left before the event ends, if you haven't completed three games yet. As always, let me know if there's anything wrong with the chart and I'll change it.

Done

Thanksgiving - The Wolf Among Us (PS4) :platinum:

Black Friday - Control :platinum:

Saint Lucian’s Day - Death Stranding :platinum:

Las Posadas - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order :platinum:

Winter Solstice - Ice Age: Scrat’s Nutty Adventure :platinum:

Hanukkah - Concrete Genie :platinum:

Christmas - Dishonored: Death of the Outsider :platinum: BONUS

Kwanzaa - Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 :platinum:

Boxing Day - LEGO Marvel Superheroes: Universe in Peril :platinum:

New Years Day - Untitled Goose Game :platinum:

Thanks for a great event!

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 8:06 PM, ladynadiad said:

Thanksgiving - Omega Quintet  :platinum:

Black Friday - Wizards of Brandel :platinum:

Saint Lucia's Day - London Detective Mysteria :platinum:

Las Posadas -  Code Realize: Bouquet of Rainbows :platinum:

Winter Solstice - Code Realize: Wintertide Miracles :platinum:

Hannukah - Punch Line :platinum:

Christmas - Asdivine Kamura :platinum:

Kwanzaa - Cosmic Star Heroine :platinum:

Boxing Day - Nothing yet

New Year's Day - Crossovers by POWGI (NA Vita)  :platinum:

So I wrapped up a new game in time for New Years as well.  Work was slow and boring so I had plenty of time to wrap up a POWGI game.  Probably won't be able to find and finish something to fit for boxing day in time so this likely is the last game.

I just looked through your games and God of War would work for boxing day and could easily be done in a day

As I said earlier, I was going to do Persona 3 DiM for Thanksgiving, because I'm really thankful for more Persona, but I end up also wishing for a remaster of the P3 RPG with the current artwork... 

I should continue with Degrees of Separation or Jurasic Park or Primal as I had planned, but not feeling like it ? 

I will play Tekken 7 for now and continue later.. 

My current standings (5/10):

Thanksgiving - Persona 3: Dancing in the Moonlight :platinum:
Black Friday - Crystal Defenders 
St. Lucias Day - Root Latter
Las Posadas - Redout :platinum:
Winter Solstice - Degrees of Separat
Hannakkah - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition ? (bonus) 
Christmas - Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star ? (bonus)
Kwanzaa - Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation :platinum: (bonus)

Boxing Day - Primal...

New Years Day - Jurasic Park (Tell Tales 4 Episode series) 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

27 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I just looked through your games and God of War would work for boxing day and could easily be done in a day

I definitely don't recall any fist fighting in there since Kratos uses those chained blades.  Also, I'd highly disagree on it being "easily" done in a day since I've already tried and failed miserably at the challenge of the gods.  I do appreciate you looking, but I don't think I'm up for going from one frustrating game to another right away since I recall God of War having very frustrating controls and platforming and that's why I've not finished it yet.

I have one possible thought.  I started Danganronpa 1-2 Reload and there are definitely more than a few instances where someone tries to punch Monokuma or another character.  Definitely a lot more fist fighting than one would expect for a game like it.

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

I definitely don't recall any fist fighting in there since Kratos uses those chained blades.  Also, I'd highly disagree on it being "easily" done in a day since I've already tried and failed miserably at the challenge of the gods.  I do appreciate you looking, but I don't think I'm up for going from one frustrating game to another right away since I recall God of War having very frustrating controls and platforming and that's why I've not finished it yet.

I have one possible thought.  I started Danganronpa 1-2 Reload and there are definitely more than a few instances where someone tries to punch Monokuma or another character.  Definitely a lot more fist fighting than one would expect for a game like it.

I guess 3 has more fist fighting (as you get the gloves).

The 5 hour trophy is super easy with the Cow costume and the challenge of the gods only has 1 or 2 bad levels.

Danganronpa is a great game as well though so not the worst idea :)

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

I guess 3 has more fist fighting (as you get the gloves).

The 5 hour trophy is super easy with the Cow costume and the challenge of the gods only has 1 or 2 bad levels.

Danganronpa is a great game as well though so not the worst idea :)

The thing is, I'm just terrible at the challenge of the gods.  Last time I tried it, I got stuck on the second one and didn't get any further before my patience with the game ran out.  The whole need to do it all in one sitting thing is also a pain.

But you are right that the Danganronpa games are great and I played 1 and 2 before on Vita.  I can likely wrap up most of the first game this weekend and that gives me enough time to finish up the second.

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

The thing is, I'm just terrible at the challenge of the gods.  Last time I tried it, I got stuck on the second one and didn't get any further before my patience with the game ran out.  The whole need to do it all in one sitting thing is also a pain.

But you are right that the Danganronpa games are great and I played 1 and 2 before on Vita.  I can likely wrap up most of the first game this weekend and that gives me enough time to finish up the second.

Fair enough :)

And why not bring a little Despair to the Holiday Event :P

Well, I'm not going to have time to finish Hollow Knight before the end of this event, so I'm going to have to stop at nine games completed. Yeah, I know I could technically play a quick game to finish off the list, but I made a promise to God that if the Vikings beat the Saints in the playoffs, I'd begin Kingdom Come: Deliverance. (Which, come to think of it, would also work for that category, but I won't have time to finish that either.)

Thanksgiving - Mark of the Ninja: Remastered - 100%

Black Friday - Cosmic Star Heroine - 100%

Saint Lucia's Day - Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout - 100%

Las Posadas - Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden - 100%

Winter Solstice - Frost - 100%

Hanukkah - Goodbye Deponia - 100%

Christmas - FORFEITED BY AN ACT OF GOD

Kwanzaa - Broken Age - 100%

Boxing Day - Batman: Arkham City - 100%

New Years Day - Graveyard Keeper - 100%

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

Got two more games done for five altogether. Finished VR Karts for New Year's Day and The Order: 1886 for Boxing Day ( there's a trophy for melee kills). Not sure I can finish another in a week, but we'll see.

United States Thanksgiving (November 28th): Final Fantasy VIII

Black Friday (November 29th): Darkest Dungeon

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Alice: Madness Returns

Boxing Day (December 26th): The Order: 1886

New Year's Day (January 1st): VR Karts