PSNP Generic Winter Holiday Event (Event is over! Badges distributed)

Finely finished Crystal Defenders.. Had planned to do it in a single sitting on Monday, but this really took longer than expected.. Now I have no way to complete Root Letter on time (but will be what I will play on Vita for now..) 

I revised my game list again, even if it's impossible, I still hope to do at least 8 of them, 9 would be nearly impossible (Degrees of Separation + Primal or Under Night + Deponia or the second Secrets of Monkey Island). Still, way better than I expected, specially seeing how allergic I have been to I Am Alive and Primal, as well as me starting late, and preferring to spend my time playing Tekken 7 instead of trophy hunting (well, I was having fun, so it was good ?). 

My current standings (6/10):

Thanksgiving - Persona 3: Dancing in the Moonlight :platinum:
Black Friday - Cristal Defenders ? 
St. Lucias Day - Root Latter
Las Posadas - Redout :platinum:
Winter Solstice - Degrees of Separat
Hannakkah - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition ? (bonus) 
Christmas - Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star ? (bonus)
Kwanzaa - Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation :platinum: (bonus)

Boxing Day - Primal or Under Night in-birth Late[st]... 

New Years Day - Jurasic Park, Secret of the Monkey Island 2, Deponia... 

I'm calling my run here! I thought that I would get further but honestly I got distracted by some other games (Play PvZ: Battle for Neighborville y'all) and got consumed. I got the challenge done though and I scraped a couple of games off of my backlog, plus Journey and Lollipop Chainsaw became a couple of my favorite games from the past decade. Thank you for the challenge SpaceCoresDad, I had fun!

(Bonus Completed)

Thanksgiving: Project Diva F2nd :platinum: November 28th

Saint Lucia's Day: Lollipop Chainsaw  :platinum: December 13th

Las Posadas: Journey - December 22nd

Winter Solstice: Metro 2033 :platinum: - December 21st

(No Bonus But Still Completed)

Boxing Day: Skullgirls Encore - November 17th

(Not Done)

Black Friday: Metal Wolf Chaos X D - 10%

Hanukkah: The Game Paradise: Cruisin' Mix - 0%

Christmas: God of War (The Original) - 0%

Kwanzaa: Assassin's Creed Liberation - 21%

New Years Day: Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight - 5%

Edited by SeedersPhD

Update, Finished Lego Jurassic World, Batman (PS3) and The Walking Dead S1 (PS4). Gonna swap Lego:TFA to Winter Solstice due to Snow being on Star Killer Base, that way can have Lego Jurassic World for Black Friday. Batman can be my New Years catergory and TWD can be Kwanzaa. Think I'm done so thanks for a great event @SpaceCoresDad

Thanksgiving (November 28th): Mixups by POWGI (EU PS4) :platinum:

Black Friday (November 29th): Lego Jurassic World (PS4) :platinum:

Saint Lucia's Day (December 13th): Life is Strange 2 :platinum: (Completed on Dec 13th) 

Las Posadas (December 16th - December 24th): Another World 1f4af.png

Winter Solstice (December 21st):  Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS4) :platinum:+1f4af.png

Hanukkah (December 22nd - December 30th): 

Christmas (December 25th): Days Gone :platinum:

Kwanzaa (December 26th - January 1st): The Walking Dead (PS4) :platinum:

Boxing Day (December 26th): Batman Enemy Within :platinum:

New Year's Day (January 1st): Batman (PS3) :platinum:

@Kristycism They look quite tasty... All 3 look good to me, maybe leaning towards GoW one.

I had a few issues and lack of interest in Degrees of Separation (I guess, since I end up playing Tekken 7 again..), so, I end up without enough time to clear an 8th game.. 

My final standings will be as follows (7/10):

Thanksgiving - Persona 3: Dancing in the Moonlight :platinum:
Black Friday - Cristal Defenders 1f4af.png 
St. Lucias Day - Root Latter
Las Posadas - Redout :platinum:
Winter Solstice - Degrees of Separat
Hannakkah - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition 1f4af.png (bonus) 
Christmas - Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday Star 1f4af.png (bonus)
Kwanzaa - Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation :platinum: (bonus)

Boxing Day - Primal or Under Night in-birth Late[st]... 

New Years Day - Deponia :platinum:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

I've been forgetting to post updates here...my bad. Had to change most games, but here is my edited list of games completed:

I won't be completing any more within the event timeframe.

Also: BADGES! I had sent a few ideas to SpaceCoresDad right at the event start, but if I'm being totally honest, the designs were kind of...half-assed. And then I saw some people having high expectations of me, so I went back to the drawing board because I didn't want to let anyone down, and came up with something a new idea that hopefully people will like. I was struggling to think of things lots of people do over winter that isn't religion-based and would also make a nice badge design, and (after devouring several members of their species) landed on Gingerbread. So I translated some gingerbread-based ideas into badges:

NVaxbhV.pngQ2bNvXH.pngjkYtfbV.png

There are three versions: God of War, Gravity Rush and Ratchet & Clank (yes, all Sony exclusives, because this is a PlayStation-based site and event, after all). Hopefully at least one of the three will appeal to everyone - I specifically chose those three because they were varied enough to cover most bases. Anyone who earns a badge can choose the one they want from the three designs, and the "username" will obviously get changed to your actual username.

Still finishing up the bonus badge design, will upload tomorrow - my brother is coming round shortly with his wife and baby, so I have to play hostess for the rest of the day today.

ERMAHGAWD RATCHET/CLANK/QWARK GINGERBREAD MEN ?

• Like 1

Wow, I just realized time has passed really fast and today is the last day for the event.

Didn't manage to complete even 3 games, with Christmas, New Year and studying in between, as I'm currently on exam season.Such a pity, but at least I managed to complete a bonus game.

The badges look amazing, @Kristycism, congratulations for your work! And thanks @SpaceCoresDad for hosting the event!

It's already 13th here so that concludes my run. Got distracted after Skyrim's plat was pretty soured so I went full blown Sekiro and Graveyard Keeper (which not fit here at all). 

8/10 done, far above what I expected. Thanks to this amazing event. Kinda doubt why I'd need these kind of events before but yeah, it's really fun way to clear backlogs. Never know until you try eh? ?

For badge I'll pick the Gravity Rush one. All looks great though I only have first GR plat of these 3 series so that's why. Thanks again.

Wow, the badges look nice!  I'll want the Gravity Rush one myself.  Can't wait to see the bonus one!

And probably won't finish up the last game in time because DR2 has so much extra nonsense before I get the plat.  Story is finished in both the games, just have to wrap up Island Mode and Magical Girl Monomi along with grinding steps to finish raising all the pets and that's not happening today since it would take longer than I will have to play today.  Still finished up 9 though and have a few bonuses, so at least I met the requirements for both badges.  At least it will be in time for the New Year's Resolution event though!

On 2020-01-02 at 1:51 AM, Neocarleen said:

Because apparently I have an issue with commitment and would rather play a bunch of different games instead of the ones I had allotted... here is an updated list for me:

2714.pngUnited States Thanksgiving: Life is Strange 2

2714.pngBlack Friday: Megaquarium

2714.png Saint Lucia's Day: Among the Sleep

2714.png Las Posadas: Elea

Winter Solstice: Degrees of Separation

2714.pngHanukkah: Refunct

Christmas: Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth

Kwanzaa:

2714.png Boxing Day: Max Payne

2714.pngNew Year's Day (January 1st): Mekabolt

I still intend to do the Winter Solstice and Christmas games I signed up for. I just had to change some of the others, and added a few. Sorry for being difficult 1f61d.png

Okay, I’m calling it. It got the platinum for The Pillars of the Earth, but I never got around to completing Degrees of Separation. Oh well, still did a decent amount of games for the event, plus getting Mekabolt plat on New Years Day got me the bonus! So all in all, a successful event for me ?

Amazing work, @Kristycism! I'm going to have to go with Gingerdad of Gingerboi, even though the others are really good too. You always outdo yourself.

I feel like a bit of a failure since this is the first community event where I didn't finish every category, although I guess I could have worked Dragon Quest Builders 2 in there for the last spot. (I didn't platinum it yet for milestone reasons, but the remaining trophies only take two minutes.)

Thanks for another fun event. ?

• Like 1