Ps4 pre order number vs Xbox one at my local store.

jimmypop01

I know everyone here loves a bit of console war news and today I had a chat with a worker at my local GAME store (like GameStop in America).

I am from a mid Glamorgan in Wales, United Kingdom and it isn't a very busy store that I visit as its a quiet area and a small stockist at that, but he gave me the details on the pre-order count of the Consoles.

Playstation 4: 305

Xbox One: 171

Most pre-ordered PS4 game: Watch Dogs

Most pre-ordered Xbox One game: Ghosts

• Like 1

I wouldn't use the bundle as logic though as there is no watch dogs ps4 bundle at GAME. There is a Ghosts bundle and a Killzone/Drive Club bundle and yet Watch Dogs is still outselling these bundles.

FYI, I have the Killzone/Drive Club bundle pre-ordered.

I also have the same bundle pre-ordered since its again the only one available, despite my personal disapproval of Cod you can easily argue they are bigger franchises than Killzone and new IP Drive Club, my point being if Cod also had a ps4 pre-order Im sure it would also be top. 

edit- just re-read your post again noticed the Ghost bundle  which I never heard of and went to check on game and it was there, guess its newly introduced  because I didn't see it o.O 

Edited by DatLoli

Id say the real numbers would be online, Im amazed people still preorder from stores o_O (not that there is much point in buying a console for the first year or so anyway, bugs, overpriced and a lack of games).

Im surprised the PS4 is outselling over here though, given just how awful SCEE is I assumed Xbox would atleast stand a fighting chance o_O.

Id say the real numbers would be online, Im amazed people still preorder from stores o_O (not that there is much point in buying a console for the first year or so anyway, bugs, overpriced and a lack of games).

Im surprised the PS4 is outselling over here though, given just how awful SCEE is I assumed Xbox would atleast stand a fighting chance o_O.

whats wrong with SCEE ?

whats wrong with SCEE ?

short version?

Games are put on our store overpriced (so a game that is £40 RRP usually sells around £30-40 in physical stores or online can be listed at £60) regardless of when they are released, Battlefield 3 was put up at £60 a few months ago, as were some Need For Speeds from a few years ago.

Games stay overpriced. We rarely get decent sales and games always go back up to a ridiculously high price, usually a single piece of 6 year old DLC costs more than a GOTY edition.

We get lied to. SCEA and Microsoft will get games months or years before us. We will be told they are coming "soon" and never told more than this. We will be told a game will be up on a certain day at a certain price and it will never be mentioned again. Not only this but they are ALWAYS much cheaper.

We get awful customer service. If you email them they rarely reply, use a stock response in which they want you to phone them instead and dont read the emails.

We get terrible sales. It usually brings it down to be somewhat competitive, compared to SCEA which undercuts considerably.

Im certain Im forgetting a lot, but Americans dont seem to realise just how much better their experience is o_O. For now all we have is better PS+ content and they are quickly cathing up and already get much better sales and discounts due to having it.

wow

1  just buy from the shop, you get a box and disc with pretty art, screw digital if it bothers you

2  i would not say our ps+ is better. throughout the year it evens out

3  perhaps they get more sell's in us, therefore making more money, don't forget they have to cut a deal with the developer. jeez they are a business, they are out to make money, not friends

4  i thought the us got games on tuesday, europe the same week on a friday

5  i have received nothing but great customer service from SCEE, they are always very polite and fix the problem

It sounds to me, that you are one of them people that are never happy and things are never good enough for you

Dude just chill the fuck out

wow

1  just buy from the shop, you get a box and disc with pretty art, screw digital if it bothers you

2  i would not say our ps+ is better. throughout the year it evens out

3  perhaps they get more sell's in us, therefore making more money, don't forget they have to cut a deal with the developer. jeez they are a business, they are out to make money, not friends

4  i thought the us got games on tuesday, europe the same week on a friday

5  i have received nothing but great customer service from SCEE, they are always very polite and fix the problem

It sounds to me, that you are one of them people that are never happy and things are never good enough for you

Dude just chill the fuck out

We also do kind of have a problem with release dates on some games but other than that SCEE ain't really bad. 

Edited by Archwarbear

Im not surprised by those numbers, they way Microsoft have handled anything to do with the Xbox One so far has been shocking. Sure some die hard Xbox fans probably went crawling back when they made the infamous U-Turn but I know for a lot of Xbox fans it was too little too late.

As for SCEE, I don't find them as bad as others do, yeah new game prices can be high but we still get some cracking deals at times and the range of PS Plus games they have offered us has been excellent.

All in all im a happy PS gamer lol.

• 2 weeks later...