Do mods make or break this game?

EdwardTheMartyr

Mods disable every single trophy in this and Fallout 4 so there's zero point installing any of them, until you have the Platinum and the 100%. Also note that Sony imposed a file size cap of 1.5gb for the mods on the PS4, which means all we get are weapons, skins and the occasional mini questline of very little importance so you can forget about getting any of the game fixing mods that are on the PC and Xbox 1. Also note that a lot of the mods are premium items that can only be bought via the scummy and ultra over-priced in-game Creation Club store with premium currency but there are some freebies made by fans of the games.

I don't know if they ever fixed it but at one point there was a game breaking bug with the Creation Club store, whereby you would be unable to install or use any of the mods you had bought.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Also note that all the console mods are premium items that can only be bought via the scummy and ultra over-priced in-game Creation Club store with premium currency, since you can't use real money to buy them.

Mods made by actual dev teams cost money. Fan made mods are free.

The mods are pretty useless for the most part thanks to all the limitations Sony put on them. Plus, disabling trophies really kills them IMO. The game is great without them anyways.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

The mods are pretty useless for the most part thanks to all the limitations Sony put on them. Plus, disabling trophies really kills them IMO. The game is great without them anyways.

Thank you for the clarification :). I tuned out of the mod situation, just after they were introduced so am a little behind the times with certain aspects of them.

On 11/10/2019 at 5:57 PM, KingGuy420 said:

I want to enjoy the game to the fullest, so I think I'll forgo getting any trophies. I'll just play it on PC.

Mods are pretty alright, IMO. A long time since I played the game last, and replaying now with some graphics mods, a mod adding more patrols, one for adding more gold to shops for simplicity's sake, USSEP etc. makes the replay great and more immersive.

Sucks with the limitations, as I'm sure there are a plethora of great and funny mods on Xbox, but hey - better than nothing.

• 1 month later...

I got all of the achievements on Skyrim on Xbox 360, replayed it on PS4 and got the platinum trophy. I have never played this game with mods and imo they arent needed at all. sure you can use them to customise the game to how you like it but the actual game is one of the best open world RPGs of all time

• 7 months later...

I have been listening to some Skyrim lore videos recently and it has lit a flame in me to dust off my copy and play again.

Can anyone recommend any Mods for better character models, textures, homes, weather, marrying Serana (fingers crossed lol), etc. I understand that Sony has some draconian limitations on the Mods but am looking for the best that is out there as I have never modded anything and don't really know how it works. 

I have 100% completion so I am not worried about trophies not unlocking. 

Thank you!

Edited by da-Noob123