Any way to obtain a V.I.P. Pass as of now?

Gewehr_FR

Hello.

I own Dirt 3 Complete Edition.

I've gotten all trophies except the online ones and my pass has expired.

I've been doing an extensive google search and managed to find 9 unique psn codes, none of which worked.

As you may know, the game, dlc and VIP pass included have been delisted from the psn store...

So yeah, I'm quite desperate.

Any psn store where it would still be available to buy?
Contacting Sony or Codemasters?
Would a sealed game's VIP code still work by now?

I expect only negative answers, but who knows.

Thanks.

Edit: Problem Solved. You may close thread.

Edited by Gewehr_FR

Did you have a used copy? Then the code might have been used already.

You could try and find a new sealed copy of the game and hope that the included VIP pass still works. The date printed on it is usually not correct, I have used Codemasters VIP passes (F1 2012 comes to mind) years after they should have stopped working according to the included pamflet.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I found a psn code that works, on the first step. 

Except when I hit the "use it" button, it says promotion is not available anymore.

KwGbHq2.png

I guess it's because of the expiration date...

My only hope is a code from a complete edition, which came out later, which means it could not be expired yet.

Theoretically those codes can be used on 2 unique ps3 platforms, so if anyone could send me their VIP pass code, I would appreciate it.

Otherwise I will just have to give up on it.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I use the PS Store website.

By first step I mean the VIP Pass psn code is accepted by the ps store and it gives me access to the possibility of using the VIP pass, as seen on the picture above.

However, if I click on "use it" (the blue button), the store tells me the promotion is not available anymore. Probably because of expiration date.

I also contacted Codemasters, here's their expected answer: 

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning DiRT 3.

Unfortunately, for licensing reasons, we are no longer able to sell or distribute some of our older games or dlc that feature real-world cars or people. Sorry.

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

I just gave up, I'm pretty sure there's no solution.

Except hacking your ps3 and downloading a pirated version... but that's too risky for me.

?

• 2 months later...

Hi.

I found a way to use a vip pass.

You must connect an account of a ps3 player which download the vip pass when it was available. And like it appears in the download section of this player, then you just download it on your own ps3 and normally it should work.

Here is what i did exactly.

In 2016, i downloaded the Dirt 3 ps+ edition and downloaded the vip pass on my first ps3.

In 2020, i install the Dirt 3 complete edition on my second ps3 and i downloaded the vip pass bought and install it

I used my second ps3 as my secondary ps3 and i connect with my principal account.

I used my first ps3 as my principal ps3 and i connect with another account (my son account).

Then i can play with the two ps3 with two accounts and two vip pass.

If it can help you... But you need to know someone who downloaded the vip pass and who can share his account with you. 

And, just for fun, look at the gap i discovered today on Dirt 3 on my account !!!! It is 3 Years, 3 Months, 3 Days (and 4 hours) between the first trophy and the last for the moment.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for your answer on this desesperate thread, ah.

That's surprising because online passes are supposed to work only with a single account...

But maybe in this case, it's just sort of an activation key which gets installed into game data...

Allright then, if someone sees this and happens to have a VIP pass on their download list, perhaps on a secondary account you used only to self boost, please contact me.

I'm not asking anyone to share their main account. I wouldn't ever do this myself with mine.

You bring me back a little (very little) hope.

By the way, I beat your record with 8 years 3 months gap on some old psn game. :)

Edited by Gewehr_FR
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 0:56 PM, Gewehr_FR said:

Hi, thanks for your answer on this desesperate thread, ah.

That's surprising because online passes are supposed to work only with a single account...

But maybe in this case, it's just sort of an activation key which gets installed into game data...

Allright then, if someone sees this and happens to have a VIP pass on their download list, perhaps on a secondary account you used only to self boost, please contact me.

I'm not asking anyone to share their main account. I wouldn't ever do this myself with mine.

You bring me back a little (very little) hope.

By the way, I beat your record with 8 years 3 months gap on some old psn game. :)

^^^this

• 4 months later...

I wrote an email back a few months ago to Codemasters because I bought brand new VIP code and it was already expired, I wanted to ask if they could replace it for me since I bought it legit, and their response was something like this "sadly, we no longer own the rights to stuff in the game, so we lost the option to refund or replace said stuff. thanks for paying us though". This means that if you don't own the VIP pass already, the platinum and online trophies in DLC are unobtainable.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...