BTs Areas (Can BTs be cleared permanently?)

ArabianLuffy

As the title/question says.

So... I was wondering. I wanna get rid of BTs permanently in their areas since I'll keep back and forth due to doing deliveries, and the BTs really annoy me and they get on my way and slow me down.

Question: Has anyone tested the idea? Has anyone killed the BTs in some area permanently? Or do BTs respawn after you leave?

Edited by ArabianLuffy
  • Like 2

Well that sucks. Makes sense I guess as they only seem to appear while in the Timefall/rain.

I'm playing on hard and it doesn't seem like the BT's patrol around very much. They pretty much stay in the area of when you scanned them and it's pretty easy to sneak by them. Only gets hard when you're carrying a giant load on your back, going downhill, trying to balance and hold your breath at the same time.  I'm assuming it get's harder along the way as I'm only in Chapter 2 at the moment. At what point/chapter can I cut their umbilical cord?

Whenever I found a BT zone, I let them catch me so I can get chiral cristals. To avoid getting your things screwed, unload everything in a safe place, pick up your weapons and then fight. Then you can go back to your journey. If you found a shelter, enter and leave to reload your ammo.

Episode 5 you can get the cuffs with a knife to cut the cords.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Katt said:

To avoid getting your things screwed, unload everything in a safe place, pick up your weapons and then fight.

I'm only in Chapter 3 right now, but I do this with Mule territories, drop my cargo to deliver outside of the zone, go back and get it so it won't get damaged if you're spotted 

I don't think they can be cleared permanently but once you get further in the game you can create timefall shelters that you can wait under until the storm passes. I don't think you can force them to pass if they're scripted though.

Also if you want to make them easier to avoid, don't kill anyone. I didn't test this, and frankly there is very little information online to confirm it (so take this with a grain of salt), but some things I've read indicate that the more people you kill, the more BTs show up. Which makes sense within the story with how they take bodies to the incinerator. If anyone knows whether this is right or wrong feel free to correct me, I'm kind of curious since i didn't find out until after the game.

• Like 2